Clicksmart.comContract not honored

A Review updated:

As a small business owner to other small business owners, please do not use the services of CLicksmart.com. I do not wish this pain on anyone. They solicited me as so many SEO, and SEM companies do. I liked there services offered because they said they had an affiliation with Yahoo and Google. As my business grew and I recieved more and more solicitations, I learned everyone uses this phrase. I agreed to 6 month upfront in 2 categories. That is when it got really bad. The rep they gave me is totally incompitant and unable to even put a sentence together. Thier listing site is horrible, they posted my ad without my authorization, by pulling my logo off my site and using literature they made up. They never recieved my ad text to fix and will not reutrn my emails to fix. And lets not forget the costs, the first 6 months was over 3k. That was all the first 2 weeks. 4 months later, they never sent any analytics on my ad, I never recieved 1 lead, and now they are trying to run my credit card for renewal. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. CLICK SMART.com IS AN OVER PRICED THIRD PARTY PASS THROUGH SITE. THESE GUYS ARE LIARS, DO NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE, AND ARE NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH YAHOO and GOOGLE.

I AM ORGANIZING A GROUP FOR LAWSUIT PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS AND LETS FIGHT THIS TOGETHER. IT IS UNFORTUNATE WHERE THE SEO AND SEM MARKETING PROACTICES HAVE GONE.

davis mcadoo Nov 27, 2008

Same story here. We have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and they have not responded. I am considering canceling my credit card but do not want a hit against my credit. We would love to be part of a class action lawsuit, as we believe there are solid grounds for one and have found many victoms of the "clicksmart scam"

• Th
    THEHANDYMAN Nov 30, 2008

I agree fully sounds like my experience with them I had the number changed on my CC, do that thru the bank. One montth and all the great promises, had one call, DAMED if they'll ever see another cent of my oney.

john m Dec 24, 2008

I am with you, Some guy Ian called me and had me on the phone for a long time, telling me that they were also affiliated with yahoo and that they would be sending us more business than we could handle, I never agreed to their services and they spoke to my wife, who is not a part of my buisnesss and she gave them my account information and they started taking money from me, Sad thing is not even once have we ever even received a phone call from their lowsy site I had the bank stop reverse the transactions because I had never authorized them I am proceeding to get a lawer to file suit against them

• Ha
    Handyguy Jan 21, 2009

Interesting commentary, I have had great service with them and my business has doubled over the past year. I am a handyman and servicemagic wasn't doing it for me. I guess I can't join in on your lawsuit.

• Je
    Jesse Roy Jan 22, 2009

Small contractor out of New Hampshire having the same issues. The numbers they have provided me are no longer in service, working on dealing with BBB and Attorney General. What a rip off. Tempted to fly out there and take care of business one on one.

mastersparky87 Jan 25, 2009

I just canceled and my bank is attempting to reverse the charges. Anyone know what happens when you cancel? Report credit, do they try to sue? I can't remember if they take social security numbers or not, did they ask for yours? Thanks

Manny Jan 27, 2009

Hey Handy Guy, are you sure you dont work for them ? I had the exact same experience, filed a complaint with the better business bureau & finally gave up after I went back & forth with them for over a month. They ended up charging me almost $4, 000.00 over the course of a year & I didnt get a single lead. Their performance report was completely false. What I really felt was misleading was that initially they put up listings of non existent & non paying contractors on their site to lead you to believe that there were a lot of other people using the service. They admitted this to me when I noticed that the listings changed over time. Biggest rip off I ever fell victim to.

John Carlsen Apr 28, 2018

@Manny I too are embarrassed by my stupidity.
    I have had two "account managers"
    I can't contact them.
    Antony rings occasionally too try and scam more money. A total of $3000 is gone. I have been conned. I did google before releasing my details. Unfortunately, I'm too trusting.
    All the things they don't tell u such as requesting ID and accounts and signing a contract. What a fool.
    I'm not sure class action is
    achieveable with [censored].
    I can be contacted on [protected]
    Regards John

• Wi
    Wight Paint Feb 02, 2009

Clicksmart promised me 500 hits on my website per month. I THOUGHT I was in for a 3 month trial. It turned out I was in for 12 months. When I told my "rep" that their service was not performing and I would not be renewing he said that I "had noi choice" that I had a 1 year contract. I stopped payment on this service and now they want to take me to collections. While I was discussing this the "rep" got angry and hung up on me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNPROFFESIONAL SCAM!!!

• Ru
    Rusty Feb 05, 2009

I to have been a victim of clicksmart. Jason Hull is that rudest person I have ever done business with. I am in for any kind of action agianst them. I contacted all three contracters in my service group in our area and none of them have recieved any work from clicksmart. What a joke they are.

• Zo
    zoli Feb 12, 2009

Oh Man... this happend to me too. I am so mad. When they first called me I was on the phone for an hour and I asked them so many times that if I want can I cancel, and they played around it but my understanding was yes, I can cancel. It's only been a month and I have not got but one email from a customer, who was not even so interested afterall. When I called customer service I left a message and they called me back after a couple of days and the lady Stephanie I think her name was, she pissed me off. She was a real bi**ch. I told her listen, I need to cancel this is not working out and she said "Oh well that's not my problem, you signed up and you will pay for at least a year." Clicksmart is a terrible company, and its a scam, and I would love to joint a class action lawsuit against them.

rod Mar 07, 2009

This happened to my father in law too. How can we get in the lawsuit? I am all for it.

rod Mar 07, 2009

Same thing happened to my father in law. How can we get in on the lawsuit against these people? Thanks

• Mc
    MCC Mar 12, 2009

I cancelled my debit card and closed my account. I got no leads at all. Dumb enough to stick with it for almost 5 months. Don't be in denial you have been had! Jason Hall is full of threats. He is the one that needs to be worried. There are many others like us that are still getting victimized. Let's all contact the Texas Attorney General's Office. http://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

Rouge AM Mar 21, 2009

Guys I used to work in the "Clients Services Dept", yeah right! - Should be the "Clients THREATS Dept"

They WILL NOT report you or send you to collections, TRUTH IS - THERE IS NO COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT. It is a part of the elaborate scam. The collections Dept is just another member of a very small staff, sat in a very small room not 10 feet from the sales people. They DO NOT report to the credit reporting agencies (that would cost them too much money, and would involve WAY to much effort, management and organization that does NOT exist) It is ALL threats.

Sure they may attempt to challenge you with your credit card company by formally disputing once you stop payment. TRUST ME, thats the best they got. Make a big enouh stink, make enough complaining phone calls to "Client Services" and negative blog posts - They will get fed up with you, realize your too much of a "pain in the ###", and cancel your service with ABSOLUTLEY no negative results attributed to your hard earned credit rating.

In the current economic environment, it is deplorable that parasites like these idiots continue to prey on hard working, honest business people.

It is a complete, utter, undeniable SCAM.

• Fe
    fellowman Mar 25, 2009

I just first want say I am sorry that you good people got ripped off, as if there isn't enough of this crap happening already. Thanks for your comments, at the very least you have saved me the grief as I will do no business with these crooks.

• Jc
    J.C.Wilson Apr 10, 2009

We are also getting screwed! Not on lead and they wanted $1600 for all the leads generated. My husband told them to jump off a bridge and then maby he would concider it! We canceled our card and filing a suit. Who do we contact in this class action that somebody was talking about on this site?

• Er
    Eric Nilsen Apr 16, 2009

Clicksmart is a total loss. They never delivered the service promised. I called and canceled. I just received another month charge. I will fight this with my card company.NO MORE!!!

• Sc
    Scott Apr 20, 2009

Thanks everyone they called me today. I thought i should check them out before doing buisness with them. Thanks again to all here youve made this disission an easy one.

Warren Apr 22, 2009

I agree with all of you. We got scammed by "Butch" the salesman. He told us they where part of Yahoo and guaranted us that customers would call. We haven't recevied one phone call at all. And every time you call them you get some rude person. I can't recall any names besides Butch and a Jason, forgot the last name.

It hurts because we are a small carpet cleaning company here in South Florida. And in these tough times we don't want to dish out any money to anybody that won't deliver. And yes we where dumb enough to stick with so far, but no more. We are cancelling the credit card right now. To bad we didn't check this web site before we signed up with that bogus company. Warren

David May 12, 2009

Yes I agree I was scamed also. They told me about all the business I would get but haven't recieved one call or lead. I had to stop payment on my checking. It has been four months. I would like imfo on suit.

• Ad
    ADB May 19, 2009

Good day all. I originally posted the comment that started this complaint chain, and I am glad (relatively speaking) that so many have had the same problems. In addition I have noticed hundreds of other posts under different titles and on other compalint posting sites. Has anyone had any luck with starting a class action? I have begun contacting Class Action lawfirms to ask the relevant questions to see what can be done. I encourage everyone to keep good records of money and time spent dealing with ClickSmart.

Also please note HandyGuy post is a ClickSmart.com employee. (they) later revieled themselves as such but it looks like the post has been removed.

Good luck all, I will keep you posted

dave Jun 02, 2009

you people that had your credit card stopped. does clicksmart keep calling about paying and threating you about you still have a contract. If not how did you get them to stop

Warren Jun 03, 2009

We are in the middle of disputing with Clicksmart as we speak. The same day we found this website we contacted our credit card company. We are also going thru BBB in Texas to deal with Clicksmart and yes they are trying to give us a hard time, but we are not backing down. I am so sick and tired of companies like them trying to take advantage of small, hard working business owner like myself. Why should we give them one penny when we have not received one phone call or lead since we got scammed to join in Dec of 2008.

• Si
    sikayet Jun 12, 2009

It is unfortunate, but true, I strongly urge some one (that's all of us) to take actions against thees clicksmart guys. I beleive jason hall is the clicksmarts smart clicker. He has trapped our business in his lies too. I have contacted each contractor in our region if they had received any business from clicksmart and none of them so far has yet to receive any business. I am right now not paying clicksmart. I have changed my credit card number and they are bugging my business telephone almost every day. Sending threat letters stating they will ruin our credit. If I have been on clicksmart for 2 months and not a single lead!!! One of the contractors signed up since January 09, and still have not had one lead from clicksmart. Clicksmart guy is a computer literate rip off. Please becarefull contractors!!! Best thing is, please search for a contractor in your area and see if clicksmart is even on the first page of links. It is not, I have searched so many key words and phrases, but clicksmart's link is on the 4th page of search engines. What customer will go thruough 4 pages of links to search for one pool of contractors.
    If these people are not afraid of laws, aren't they afraid of God!

• Do
    done with them Jun 15, 2009

look I've got the same story as every one hear. I just want to know if any one has go all the way through with not paying and what happens when you don't pay after all the threats. And yes I would like to gettum so if there is a class action suit I'm in. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ru
    Run Aug 19, 2009

Thanks ADB and MCC, I have the same story and will be filing a complaint with the attorney general. I have stopped all payments and I have now been contacted by their attorney, whatever, what a joke. I dont know how long this has been going on, but I have seen complaints from 2007, lets not let them make it to 2010, do something about it. We are all busy as small business owners, but have to make time for what is right!!!

• Bu
    Bullseyeremodeling Dec 07, 2009

Same story, different company. There a lot of rip offs out there-like the snake oil salesman of years ago... I'm just tired of getting bit by them. By the way, I've heard that Justin LeBlanc goes by many different Aliases, so you could be talking to the same guy with just a different name.
    Watch out and I would also like to be included in a class action.
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Warren Dec 07, 2009

The sooner the better about the class action, we needed it yesterday. And the more of us complaning and trying to do something about it, is even better. The less we small business owner has to get ripped off by these so called companies.

David J Rogers Dec 17, 2009

Yes everyone I had the same experience back in [protected] with clicksmart. I was paying over 250.00 per month for basically a Google Pay Per Click Campaign and i maybe got 3-4 calls from there listings over a 6 month period.

The first big mistake like most of you said that they had a affiliation with both Google & Yahoo which was totally false.

The second mistake was they was advertising my business in the wrong cities which were almost 1 hour away from where i lived at and i could not perform real estate services in that area due to no MLS or Supra Key Access.

I never got reimbursed for the 3000 plus dollars that i spent with them because there is honestly no way to prove that they did anything wrong other than what we are saying they did which is not going to win a legal battle. The only thing that stopped them from charging my credit card any longer was i went way over my balance so the credit card company would decline the transaction every month and I stopped making payments to my credit card which ofcourse hurt my credit for a little while but the only reason I did that is because chase would not help me out in any which way. Chase is only worried about the interest they are making off of you every month.

I have since moved on in life and started providing Internet market Choices for small businesses like the ones Clicksmart offers but for a measly 49.95 per month with no contracts, Please do not think I am just trying to sell you something rather than help small businesses compete on Google and Yahoo for a fraction of the price that clicksmart charges its clients which is way out of line and for the most part a complete rip off.

Feel free to contact me if you would like help marketing your company or business.

David Rogers