ClearwireWon't cancel service and submits us to debt collector

Please pass this on. Clearwire must suffer the consequences of their nasty, dirty and disgusting actions. Please pass this on to as many people as you can - don't let anyone ever fall into their trap again!

We were Clearwire customers for 4-5 months when suddenly due to my husband's job we had to move out of state. The state we moved to did not offer Clearwire service so we wanted to cancel. We indicated that we'll pay the 200-something discontinuation fee.

Well it was not good for 'em. First, they grilled us for over an hour over the phone, trying to talk us into keeping the service. It was no use trying to explain that we are moving out of their service range. (I might here add that we've never had problems with their service so we were indeed sad -at that point- that we no longer are going to be able to surf the net through them.)
They tried to talk us into selling the account to someone we know. We asked friends and family but nobody wanted it. So we went on calling them again letting them know that we will just have to discontinue.
Then they tried to force us to put the account up on Craiglist for the new state we moved into, since one city here offers Clearwire services. (not the one we moved to.)
We told them we absolutely have no time to deal with this and selling the service is NOT our job. All we want is to discontinue the service.
Well - they simply refused. This above back and forth game about selling the account to friends/selling it on Craiglist went on for weeks. In the meantime we've had to move and FINALLY, just a day before our relocation they agreed to send the mail-in sticker (that's required for sending the modem back to them.) They knew our new address too, by the way.

Well, nothing happened. We tried to contact them to no avail. The sticker would not arrive for weeks/months.

FINALLY it arrived. Immediately, a day after the sticker arrived we've got a VERY nasty phone call from a Clearwire agent stating that since we are withholding the modem and refusing to send it back, they'll have to charge us extra.
I then explained to him that we've been begging for this darn sticker for MONTHS now and it just arrived a day or two before at most WHILE I was in the hospital having an unexpected, emergency surgery, hence forth why we haven't gotten it done immediately.

We mailed the modem out after this right away, and we were waiting for our bill to show up to pay the discontinuation fees.

Well that never came...instead of that what came was massive amounts of automated phone calls from [protected].
It was Clearwire's collections stating that we don't only owe the discontinuation fees but ALSO the monthly fees for the past several months. (which they couldn't collect through our bank account since we shut down our old bank account and created a new one - the old bank is not operating here in this state where we moved.)
We tried -several times!!!- to explain to them that we are more than happy to pay the discontinuation fees if they send a bill about that but we are NOT going to pay for the past few months when we clearly wanted to discontinue our service and they blatantly refused to do so.
They wanted to sweettalk us into paying the discontinuation fees over the phone. Nop...I don't think so. We've seen other complaints since then online talking about overcharging people over the phone.

The phone call's won't stop. Day or night, ten times a day if needed. We begged, asked, yelled, talked to supervisors to no avail. We just want to pay our discontinuation fees BUT WE REFUSE to pay monthly charges since they refused to discontinue our service AND we mailed back the modem as well. They always say that they will be galiant and "forgive" the monthly charges to us if we pay the discontinuation fees over the phone. DON'T anyone ever do that. They'll overcharge you and break their word.
They BLATANTLY refuse to send a paper bill.

Now they handed over our case to another collection company which is now calling us several times a day as well.

If anyone -or their neighbor- considers getting Clearwire PLEASE tell them the true story. The part of the true story is that the net service was indeed GOOD. HOWEVER NEVER EVER EVER in a million years sign up just for that. This is one of the biggest scums of recent times. I also think that us, people who got hurt by them (and being harrassed privately in our homes for money we don't owe or for bad things we have not done) should join and DO SOMETHING to tear this horrible company down. Anyone???????????

Thanks for reading and don't forget to pass it on.

• Mi
    MisterEC Dec 10, 2012

I signed up for CLEAR and was getting really good coverage. Then the coverage turned a lot less spotty. Victor from Clear helped me determine that my computer was not set up to use the clear wireless network. Go to Control Panel (this is Windows 7), Network and Internet, Network Connections. Have the Local Area Connection enabled, and the Wireless Network connection, disabled. I had been using a local signal that was very weak, even though on the clear modem I had 4 and 5 bars continuously. I removed these other weak networks with this same process. Call up Clear and mention to them this, and I think it will help you too. I had called two times before to complain about weak service until I mentioned a detail about a message from my computer, 'trying to connect to Best Buy 2 network'.

• Ju
    JUAN MEDINAARAUJO Jul 01, 2012

I tryed to cancel the Clearwire service 9 months ago-month after month-because I do not have service!
    Every time I called them-they transfered my call t a next representative and never have the cancellation.
    I can not beleive that it is happening in US!
    Who is governing people who is receiving money for this public stealing?

• Km
    K M Adams Jan 28, 2012

We purchased our first modem from Clear. When it was upgraded, we had to send the old one back. We were not told that the new one was on lease. When we tried to end our service with Clear, they then demanded the modem be returned. Over a month later we received notice that there is a $40 "re-stocking fee". This was supposedly because we ended our service two weeks before our "contract" was over. What contract? When we called to stop our service, we were not informed that there would be a penalty for stopping our service at that time. Apparently their "financial department" is located in the Philippines--the "financial officer" we spoke to barely spoke English. The reason we ended our service was because we got tired of re-booting the modem to access the Internet. The service sucked. Don't trust this company.

• Ho
    HowAboutCustomerService Dec 04, 2011

Clear Wire sold a service that wasn't REALLY available in my area. Later I was told that because of where the tower was located I would receive spotty coverage. I then asked why was it sold to me and according to their map it was available. Eventually I advised that I required continuous service and had to discontinue. They kept charging me. When I call I'm read a script which has nothing to do with the reason I called. When I request a final bill so that I can pay and I'm told each time, all I can do is explain your bill. WHAT ! I've been battling them for five (5) months !! Incredible. Then when I asked for their Manager's and their Manager's information so that I could write they refused. I guess there is no more customer service. Clear Wires certainly do not know the meaning of customer service.

• Un
    UncleAlbe Nov 02, 2011

What I read tells me that they are in violation of FCC rules which requires answer by live representative in 2 seconds or it is an abondoned call. They can be reported online with a 1088D and all you need is date, time of call - takes about 5 minutes with dialup .

• To
    TONIASYKES Oct 01, 2011

AFTER CONTACTING CLEAR FOR 3 MONTHS ABOUT NO SERVICE AT MY HOME DUE TO POOR SIGNAL THEY CONTINUE TO GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT NOT CANCELLING MY WIRELESS SERIVICE. THEY KEPT ME ON THE PHONE FOR 45 ASKING ME ABOUT TRYING NEW PRODUCTS . THEY GAVE ME RUN AROUND ABOUT CANCELLEATION UNTIL I EXPRESSED THAT I WAS GOING TO REPORT THEM TO BBB. THEN I WAS CHARGED ON 9/30 FOR SERVICE AND WAS STILL CHARGED FOR A CANCELLATION FEE AND NO REFUND FOR THE UPCOMIING MONTH OF SERVICE THAT I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• Ms
    mswanda122 Sep 06, 2011

I signed up for clear on 8/3/11 my equipment came on 8/5/11. My internet service has been horrible. Internet is not connecting, I have bars on modem that show excellent connection and I get message on laptop -no internet. I have to unplug modem to reset it, I have done it almost every day I have used my internet. But the most horrible thing is I tried to cancel today and was advised the cancellation fee would be $110.00 by the 2nd rep I spoke to. This is awful; I have used the service for 30 days. What a rip off! The representative offered to upgrade my service for better reception; but why should I have to pay for what I thought was good service as advertised. I asked her that question and she couldn't answer. I asked the first rep what the termination fee was and she advised $62.00 then she stated she had to get an approval to transfer me to someone who could further assist me. Once that rep came on she advised me the termination fee would be $110.00. I asked what the difference was and she said the reps all know what the charge is and "if" that rep did actually tell me that, she was incorrect. Then she offered to get me technical assistance, I told her I didn't want tech support and I shouldn't need tech support this early in the agreement. I told her unless she could change the amount of the termination fee I have no need for further conversation. This is awful and I know that my credit card will be charged the $110.00 when I cancel the service. me. I am very dissatisfied with CLEAR!!!

Wanda

DON'T USE CLEAR...IT'S AWFUL!!!

• Hi
    Hisslave Sep 05, 2011

With 5 lit signal bars the internet service is as terrible as an ancient fashioned dial-up connection, seriously. You cannot watch videos such as You Tube, it constantly buffers, taking as much as an hour to watch one video! Normal pages on sites such as ebay take forever to download. Lately, the internet connection freezes up and stops working, but it consistently shows 4 to 5 bars on the signal strength. Calling customer no-service at Clearwire produces nothing but more frustration. I've ran numerous registry cleaners, spyware, and virus protection programs, finding nothing significant. The internet service provided by Clearwire is simply inferior, but comes at a superior monthly fee. I will let my subscription to their sub-service expire and will never recommend them to anyone. Period.

• Mi
    mike mccauley Aug 12, 2011

clearwire does have serious issues with customer service.i know more than the tachs do.i was sold a unlimited use of service.i noticed that my dl speed was 1-2 mbps.they told me i was only allowed a 5gb dl per day and after that it would drop, thats why it was slow.i had my sales rep on a 3 way with them.he told them that they was told it was unlimited.clearwire said it changed 9-2017, my rep told them it couldnt be because in 2017 they was still on 3g not 4 g.they are un exsperienced ###s just wanting a pay check.i loose service when it rains hard.im gonna go with verison if service isnt fixed to what i purchased.my name is charles mccauley, i have not a thing to hide.

nonyobiness Jul 26, 2011

A damn shame how slow this so called internet service is.I really want my money back they made me pay $219 for 4 g speed more like 0.5 and I was hustled into a credit check to see if I'm qualified to lease a "free modem"and to my surprise LOL I was denied--"SCAM" ---so I had to Buy this worthless paper weight, For $150 amongst a host of other fees.It's really criminal how they do business these days we may as well send our kids to college to study Suckerology and Doopology.

• Lo
    LoJoe Jul 04, 2011

They did the same to me. I cancelled within the time period that they have on their contract. I was charged for 10 month and did not realize it until, they were not able to debit a payment and then and only then, sent me a letter. No Bills were ever sent to me or acknowledgement or receipt that they deducting this amount. This must occur frequently. I just off the phone with them and being transfered back and forth between account services, billing department, fraud department, and customer service. I was told that they were going to credit my account, but never did. There is something that we should be able to do to keep them from fraudelently take money in this manner. If you would like to email me, let me know

• Ka
    Kathryn Beecher Jun 29, 2011

I paid for ClearWire service through an automatic debit to my checking account. I cancelled service with Clearwire because of sporadic and slow connection, which made online college impossible (my reason for internet in the first place). Clearwire cancelled my service, but simply changed the amount they debited from my account (twice), and continued debiting for seven months. I tried to cancel the debit with my bank (BOA) who told me I had to cancel it through ClearWire, and even if I close my bank account, I will be charged the debit amount and an NSF fee if ClearWire continues this debit (????). ClearWire actually acknowledged that they had been debiting my account without my permission and without providing service since December 2017, but they REFUSED to issue me a full refund. Can they legally take money from my bank account without my permission and without providing a service, simply because they have my account number???? Apparently they can. I've been on the phone to El Salvador, The Phillipines, Florida, and The Carribean, all in one morning. NO HELP from ClearWire, and no explanation. But every representative was "SO SORRY".
    I just want ClearWire to GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND STAY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!

• Ag
    Agovita May 25, 2011

WORST COMPANY EVER. I had the contract for only two months. Price wasn’t horrible, especially for the touted high MB download. I got an average of .25mb downspeed during the day, at around 2 in the morning I could get up to around 8. I called them, they replaced the router that I was renting for $5 a month. When I cancelled my contract, they informed me it would be a $40 RESTOCKING fee for when I returned the router. This POS isn’t even worth $40! I never agreed to a restocking fee, as far as I know, I never even signed a contract. I contacted them to get a copy of the contract, they told me to sign onto my account to view the original (generic) copy. I tried to log in, and was informed that my account was cancelled. I was on live chat for over an hour and he in the end suggested I call account services, who told me to log into my account. They cannot provide me with a copy of my contract or a way to pay off the restocking fee. I guess I'll see how long it takes for them to inform me in writing that it is being sent to collections; that way I can get a return address at least to contact them.

They will not stop calling me with their automated system as well, apparently because I have a balance on the account (I just found this out today, I haven’t had service with them in 4 months). I have request to be taken off their calling list, been told that I was taken off their calling list, and I am still on it. When the automated calling system calls me, I pick up, press one to talk to a live representative, wait for about 3 minutes on hold, and then have them hang up on me. Clearly I’m getting a little miffed, so I’ll stop here.

Long story short; terrible company.

• Qu
    Que Sera Sera May 23, 2011

I will also testify against clear. They do not disclose that there is a contract when you sign up. They continue to charge your credit card after cancellation. They claim they have posted credits to your account that never show-up.

• Yo
    YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN CLEARWIRE May 17, 2011

So I wanted to add a service onto my account. The number that they show on their website took me to India and then the Philippines. When you call the toll free number the number does not even ask you about the service that I was interested in which was to add a service. Both times I called I got stuck talking to someone who said that I needed to talk to the sales department but they did not have a number for the sales department. Finally on the third attempt I asked for a manager in the Philippines and he did transfer me to the sales department. There I got a person named Brian on the line. Brian said that for me to add the service I wanted he would have to put in a request for service and he would call me back when the service was approved within 24 hours. He did give me his number and extension at my request. After 30 hours I called for Brian and was told that he was busy but that they would inform him of my call and that he would call me back. 3 hours later no one called me back so I called again. This time I got a different person and when the person looked at my account she said that she did not see any requests that had been put in by Brian and that I would have to start over. THIS IS THE TYPE OF CRAP I HATE!!! I HATE BEING LIED TO AND I HATE COMPANIES THAT PROVIDE HORRIBLE SERVICE. Needing the service I went through what I wanted again and while I was told that the equipment would cost me $40 by Brian I was told this time that the equipment was going to be $80... but when I raised my voice I was told that oh... well there is a 50% discount that we are now offering as a promotion!!! And I am sure I would have gotten that if I had not raised my voice!!! Anyone want to bet on that???
    So now... after three days of trying to get what I wanted I think that I will get the equipment but where Brian told me that my bundle price would be $60 they now tell me that it will be $80 a month. WELL... FOR NOW.. I don't have time to search out a new provider but you can believe me now that during the next couple of weeks I will seek out A COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMER AND I WILL SEEK OUT A COMPANY where the employees do not lie to you and they do what they say they will do!!!

The final draw was when I asked for a manager and I asked the manager what he could do for me to make up for the bad service that I have received and he basically told me to shove it !!! My reply was to tell him that I will speak with my bill fold... and cut him and his company from my bill box and perhaps it is time that I warn others by putting up a sign in my yard!!! CLEARWIRE USERS.. BEWARE..

YOU ARE PROBABLY BETTER PAYING A LITTLE MORE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! THAN DOING WHAT I DID GOING WITH CLEARWIRE!!!

MAdd DOGG May 10, 2011

clearwired is a fraud, please run as far away from them as you can. These ### don't know what the ### they are doing. Their internet service is ###ing primitive, it's worthless, I can't even watch youtube with that crappy internet service. The Federal Government needs to shut them down for fraudulent business model. They can't deliver what they promise at all.

• Cl
    Clearwire unhappy customer May 09, 2011

Buyer Beware. Once you enter into a Clearwire TOS agreement, you will not be let out without cancellation fees no matter how bad your service is or how many times you call them. They will offer up a million excuses and blame the problem on YOU even though the problem is "clearly" theirs.

It won't matter how well you state your case or who you talk to at Clear. They will not let you out without charging you $$$$. It only adds insult to injury and you will be furious that you ever did business with this company. After more than 1 hour on the phone with customer service and being bounced back and forth more than a ping-pong ball, we finally spoke with Rachel, CS# 45160. Not only was she not helpful or understanding, she was outright rude with a stick-it-to you attitude.

After paying on time for the service for over 10 months, the modem never received a signal stronger than 1-2 bars which equates to very slow service. After multiple calls to customer service, including visits to the Clearwire stores to explain and complain, nothing changed and no improvements. It is also notable that none of these calls or visits were “noted” in the customer file when you call to cancel.

You will have to call your credit card company, explain the entire problem all over again and hope they reverse the charges. Clearwire is bordering on being a scam company with these types of hardball, take no responsibility tactics with consumers.

The only thing worse than the service is trying to cancel it!
    Buyer Beware!

Saequann Mar 28, 2011

Their internet is slow and connection is horrible. I tried to get on xbox live and i waited a whole hour to log on and it never did, the PS3 didn't even attempt to connect at all, and the wireless hot spot is even WORSE, the wifi didn't work at my college or at my job and the device just shuts off even when its charging. And, our phone is through them too and all of a sudden there's no dial tone and i can't make any calls, all my incoming calls are being forwarded to the voicemail. So i contacted them online through their chat system and all the tech guy did was tell me to unplug and replug all the wires after i already told him i did and when that didn't work, he said to call some other # on Monday (keep in mind it is Saturday morning, so i have no phone this weekend)...anyway, needless to say we have switched to Verizon. They have a deal going on for Internet & Phone for $44.99/month...I'd give them 4 thumbs down, but I only have 2.

• Mg
    mgm75 Mar 13, 2011

Cents on this months bill, and wasn't aware of it till my daughter told me on the phone. Been doing business with them for around a year now, and have been paying my bill on time every month, and for .77 cents, they cut off my service.

• Ke
    keith85 Mar 12, 2011

I began service with ClearWire using their 4g modem in November of 2017. The rep I signed with at Best Buy explained to me that the service was only $45.00/monthly. I also paid a hefty equipment rental fee and the total came out to almost $100.00. This was a one time fee and my monthly payments were to be only $45.00. When i received a bill in December of $69.00 (after only one month of service) I immediately cancelled my account and I had no term or contract so there would be no cancellation fee. I returned the modem and now I have them calling my business phone non-stop trying to collect this supposed 'debt'. I also now reside in Arizona where they have no service at all and they keep calling trying to sell me another plan instead of collecting their debt. The harassment has interrupted my business and now my credit report will reflect this debt which doesn't actually exist. If they have reps lying to sell the product I suggest to everyone not to use their services unless you want continuous aggravation for unwarranted fees. I ask Clear to provide me with all details of my debt and they fail time and time again to provide an accurate bill. They show my service as cancelled but they continue to try to bill me. I ask whoever is in control of this industry how they feel they can collect this money from me. I have had my attorney send them a letter and now they have a 'sub' company that is an in-house collections under a different name contacting me to get around my letter.

• Ex
    extremely aggravated Feb 11, 2011

I placed an order for new internet service via chat yesterday. At the time, the website indicated that if I were to purchase service within the next hour, I will receive service in 24 hours. It was also confirmed by the representative on chat that I will receive the equipment today via FedEx overnight. Upon receiving the FedEx tracking number and checking the status of the shipment, I just realized I will not be receiving the equipment until Monday the 14th.

This is my first experience with CLEAR and much to my disappointment, CLEAR has fallen short in the following ways: 1) Its website was misleading with its countdown clock...indicating that if i sign up for service within the next hour, i would be up and running in 24 hours. FALSE - especially when I will not be receiving the equipment until Monday (4 days after activation of my service)
    2) Upon confirming my order, the representative on chat confirmed the same timeline that I will be receiving my equipment today, Feb 11. In reality, he reaffirmed a claim that CLEAR could not deliver on and more importantly, misrepresenting its offering online and via its representative.
    3) When I called customer service today to voice my complaint and dissatisfaction, I was told that unfortunately the order was not processed until 10pm last evening and that CLEAR has no control over FedEx's processing of its shipment. The message to me was "now that I'm a customer, customer service will not be able to assist me with my concerns and I have no grounds for complaint until I physically receive the equipment, at that point, I will have to call account services for assistance." Very disappointing that CLEAR's customer service motto is to make its customers jump through hoops with its complaints, even in light of its own misleading promotions.

• Ty
    tynatyna Jan 04, 2011

Hi,
    I live in Ireland. I was using their internet connection for over 2 years then I have terminated aggriment with them. however I was not owe them any cent they have stolen money from my laser card withaout my permission.
    What should I do to get money back?

• Ad
    ADennings Oct 06, 2010

For the last month, between 7:30 - 8:00 pm like clock work, I cannot steam video (netflix on my Roko). When I call tech support I jokingly asked if they were throttling me, to my suprise, she said yes. Apparently Clear has signed up customers faster than they can build towers so they are limiting service for those who exceed their limits during peak hours. Now my speed is about .o5 MBps, I was faster with dial up. Also, they cannot remove this. so much for unlimited internet. I bought the Roko and Netflix so I didn't have to get satallite or cable, now I cant watch it at night. Thanks ClearWire.

Jameson Gurley Aug 28, 2010

This summer, I took over a Clearwire contract from another unhappy customer (my old roommate). Huge Mistake! I was quoted a price of $40.00 a month (without pre-scheduled increase) for 4G Wireless Internet Service by Clear.com. The original Clearwire equipment that I purchased didn't work properly, so Clear sent several different versions of the equipment - but none worked. Their 4G equipment could not get and hold a proper signal. They finally sent me the (much slower) 3G/4G equipment - And, I was told that my monthly service charge would go down to $25.00 per month since the service would be much slower. Instead, my monthly service charge more than doubled to $55.00 per month. I called and complained, and they (Supervisor Sharon) ungraciously lowered it to $40.00, but said that it would raise again to $55.00 per month in six months. I did not agree to this contract - ever! Clear.com did not provide the 4G Service OR the Price that they promised. NOTE: Before switching to Clear.com, I was paying $25.00 per month with TimeWarner. I should have never left. I have been victimized by a bait-and-switch scam by Clear.com. This is a clear cut case of a deceptive trade practice. BEWARE!

• Va
    Valerie Good Jul 25, 2010

Thanks for letting me know, I was considering using them

• Kw
    KWKildow Jul 25, 2010

With 5 lit signal bars the internet service is as bad as an old fashioned dial-up connection, seriously. You cannot watch videos such as You Tube, it constantly buffers, taking as much as an hour to watch one video! Normal pages on sites such as ebay take forever to download. Lately, the internet connection freezes up and stops working, but it consistently shows 4 to 5 bars on the signal strength. Calling customer no-service at Clearwire produces nothing but more frustration. I've ran numerous registry cleaners, spyware, and virus protection programs, finding nothing significant. The internet service provided by Clearwire is simply inferior, but comes at a superior monthly fee. I will let my subscription to their sub-service expire and will never recommend them to anyone. Period.

• Ne
    NeverClear Jul 25, 2010

They can not gaurantee speeds, so you will end up paying for a product that you are not getting the majority of the time. I submitted tech support inquiries everyday for a week with no real solutions. In my opinion a customer service focused company would've seen my multiple inquiries and made it a priority to resolve my problem with service.

The only tech support for service with Clearwire is self service. I can not stand calling or chatting with tech support and going through their standard troubleshooting checklist. They ask me the same questions every time. Can't they see that I have called before? It should be obvious to them that I have been through their checklist before. I wish they would ask me "What have you done to attempt to fix the problem?" Because I am not going to call them unless I can't fix the problem myself. The troubleshooting sucks!

How many lights do you have?
    Have you tried turning it or walking all over your house, garage, back yard, neighborhood, city, state and closest ocean to search for the mythical 5 lights?
    Oh, you have four lights. Well that is very good. (Really then why are my speeds so slow?)
    Run a speedtest and send or tell me the results.
    Okay now run five more each using different servers then get me those results.
    Okay now take off one sock and put it on your right hand to soften the impact of the many blows you are about to attack your forehead with?
    Oh, I apologize I didn't mean to accidentaly hang up on you right before you were going to ask me why are my internet speeds so slow and why am I paying for a product Clearwire can not deliver on? Because I have no CLEAR answer.
    So happy you're back.
    Now tell me how many lights you have...
    etc...speed tests...etc...sock thing...
    Do you have a wireless router? (Um yes I do)
    Oh, well then it's the routers fault because Clearwire service is perfect when you have another device to blame slow speeds on.
    Hmm, not the router...well then do you have a computer? (Um yes I do)
    Is this the device you are attempting to access the internet with? (Um yes it is)
    Oh well then it's the computers fault because Clearwire service is perfect when you have another device to blame slow speeds on.
    Hmm, you have two computers one is a mac the other is a hp laptop both are brand new and neither have problems with slow internet speeds at the local coffee shop down the street who offers free wifi provided by a different ISP.
    Okay well um can I please try to hang up on this service call because I am yet again out of CLEAR answers and have no solutions to your problem.

Seriously I despise that this company is called Clearwire. A company with a name that instead of providing CLEAR solutions to their customers they are CLEARLY scamming them all.

I'm cancelling this service and gonna pay a premium for cable modem internet access because it is gauranteed and I'd rather pay more for a product that will deliver on the service rather than paying for a product that I don't even get on my birthday or Christmas.

It is clear to me that the reason it is so difficult to get true tech support from the company is because if a tech were to come out to my home to fix the problem Clearwire would have to refund my money and discount the service to the cost of dial up (which is about what I get and which I could be getting free) and they would have to admit that they can not provide the product they claim they can.

• Wo
    WordsOfLoki Jul 19, 2010

then pay the .99 cents

noor2010 Jul 18, 2010

They stole the money from my laser card without my permission also.

• Vi
    videooo May 29, 2010

I SINGED UP FOR ONE OF THOSE 2-YEAR CLEARWIRE CONTRACTS, AND I'M PAYING $50.00 PER MONTH TO CLEARWIRE HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICES FOR 2-mbps DOWNLOAD SPEED.

CLEARWIRE HAS NEVER PROVIDED DOWNLOAD SPEEDS OF 2-mbps, ON THE WENATCHEE WA
    SERVER IN THE 10 MONTHS I’VE BEEN PAYING CLEARWIRE THESE BIG BUCKS FOR, OR IN OVER 400 DOCUMENTED HIGH-SPEED, SPEED TEST CHECKS THAT I'VE RUN AND RECORDED OVER THE PAST 4 MONTHS ON TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS.

IN FACT, CLEARWIRES TYPICAL FASTEST DOWNLOAD SPEED TO ME IS NOT 2-mbps, IT'S ABOUT 180-kbps, JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN TWICE DIAL-UP SPEED, TO AN ALL TO FREQUENT SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED OF 60-kbps, AND THAT IS DIAL-UP SPEED.

WHAT A RIP-OFF.

I INTEND TO FILE A COMPLAINT ON A WEEKLY BASIS, WITH THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION (FCC) AT, www.fcc.org, AND ATTACH MY HIGH SPEED INTERNET SPEED TEST DOCUMENTATION, AS I RECOMMEND YOU DO ALSO IF YOU’RE HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE.

IN ADDITION PROVE THAT CLEARWIRE IS NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE TO THEIR SUBSCRIBERS AS THEY PROMISED AND LED THEIR SUBSCRIBERS TO BELIEVE.

THEY MISREPRESENTING THEIR CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR SUBSCRIBERS WHEN THEY CLEARLY OFFERED A SERVICE THEY KNEW THEY COULD NOT DELIVER.

AND CLEARWIRE AS A RADIO FREQUENCY, I BELIEVE, TRANSMISSION COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDER IS VIOLATING THE TRUST AND RESPONSIBILITY THEY HAVE WITH THE COMMUNITY THEY SERVE BY NOT FIXING OR UPGRADING THEIR EQUIPMENT AND EMPLOYEES IN ORDER TO SOLVE THIS LOW-SPEED TRANSMISSION PROBLEM TO THEIR HIGH-SPEED INTERNET SERVICE.

THE FCC SHOULD REVOKE CLEARWIRES LICENSE TO OPERATE, REFUND ALL OR PART OF THE FUNDS PAID TO THEIR SUBSCRIBERS AND ELIMINATE ALL EARLY CANCELLATION PENALTIES THAT CLEARWIRE HAS BEEN HOLDING OVER THEIR SUBSCRIBERS HEADS LOCKING THEM INTO THEIR DISMAL SERVICE AGREEMENT IN AN ALMOST FRAUDULENT MANNER.

HOW ABOUT A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME,
    [email protected] IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM OR OTHER TROUBLES WITH CLEARWIRE HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICE.

Comments

• Jj
    jjfromTx May 23, 2010

I went online to sign-up to mobile sevice because of the great rebate for the first 6 mo's only to found out, after i requested
    the equipment that they cancelled the offer. I called back the next day, before i received any equipment and cancelled.
    They still mailed the equipment to me. I called again and requested a rma for the equipment, which i was granted.
    They have charged me for two months of service and equipment which I do not possess or have used.
    Stay CLEAR of ClearWire...

• La
    Larry K. May 11, 2010

Clearwire is NOTHING BUT JUNK! I've had their crappy service for years and I have to say that they suck! Any, I mean, ANY videos I attempt to watch on sites like Youtube, are constantly interrupted with that stupid-[censor] "buffering"! I hate that [censor]! I was trying to watch a video (dozens) and during a 3-minute video I was watching, the video would stop, more buffering would occur, it would start again, only to be interrupted again, just 3-4 seconds later! Half the time when I try to watch videos, it will sometimes take me 30 minutes just to watch a 3-minute video. I don't care what Clearwire says as far as my "Internet package" with them, no matter how little or how much I pay, even if I got only their most basic of services, I am getting RIPPED OFF by those [censor]s! I should not have to wait forever to watch a video. I've tried their crappy suggestion of "try moving your modem to a different location in your house, next to a window, " but it D-O-E-S-N-'T W-O-R-K!!! Clearwire's nothing but junk! I hope Clearwire goes flat broke! I will pay $20.00 more a month for High-Speed Internet...I can't even realize the full potential of my new computer because of Clearwire and their primitive, outdated "buffering" and their [censored] "tech support" team! I hope Clearwire rots in hell and if the Clearwire people are "rescued" from hell and all its fire, hopefully, those Clearwire [censor]s will be in the middle of the flames, with no "rescue" in sight, until AFTER THE B-U-F-F-E-R-I-N-G H-A-S E-N-D-E-D!!!

larryonguitar2

• Jh
    jhulthen Mar 29, 2010

Per contract my download speed is promised to be 3 Mbps. For over 2 weeks it has been 0.6 Mbps or below plus a useless phone that breaks up every second word. A couple of days ago I had Clearwire send out a field tech to verify the condition. Today an account rep told me that I needed to upsize my contract to 7 Mbps. This evening my download speed reached a new bottom 0.1 Mbps. For over 2 weeks I have been given the run-around, reading the mac address over the phone, rebooting my modem, telling my mother's middle name, culminating in this fraudulent business behavior of modifying my account so that clearwire can get more money for services not rendered (its already documented by a ticket that the speed is crappy).
    This company does not walk the talk. As far as I am concerned my contract with them is void and I will formally cancel tomorrow. I am surprised anyone uses them

• Ho
    Horace30 Feb 01, 2010

Clearwire is a corporate bandit. I am locked into this service for a year. It was not always this way. I have been a customer for 3 yrs already. I receive the "loyalty rate" of 19.95 for premium service. My service has become a joke. I am on my second modem and my last nerve. My download and upload speeds are in the double digits and sometimes my service becomes disconnected for 30 seconds at a time. This happens maybe 50/60 times a day. Try to use VOIP and you will lose your mind. My phone goes off at random, sometimes I have no service overnight. It is becoming horrible service. If you try to download a large file be prepared. I tried to download a movie and didn't know my wife ordered it from amazon at the same time. Guess what? The movie arrived in the mail before my download completed!! Hows that for high speed internet. Thanks Clearwire, I think the rest of my movies will come USPS.

I am an Other Jan 30, 2010

Lauren,
    So, what you're saying is that the advertised, Fast, Reliable, Always On connection is not true? Is Clear supposed to be strictly for checking email and news? Of course, even email is out of the question if you're downloading big files that co-workers, or friends send you, or if you check out news videos. So.. If this is the case, what exactly IS the point of having Clear service?
    Nowhere in the TOS does it say that downloading or viewing movies is not allowed. It says that bandwidth intensive usuage will result in lower speeds (paraphrasing). In my experience, apparantly, loading Google.com is bandwidth intensive, as it usually takes me almost a full minute to do so.
    Clear has the potential to be a great and reliable service, but until it is, I suggest that Clear cease and desist from advertising their service as such.
    The complaints HEAVILY out-weigh the compliments. And if Clear isn't careful, they will end up Clearly out of business.

I am an Other Jan 29, 2010

5yrplan,
    If you could really compare Clear's service to that of a cell phone, why then, has my cellphone never.. NEVER lost signal sitting in the same place for more than 5 minutes? People sign a contract (knowingly, or unknowingly) with the expectation of "Fast, reliable, always on" internet. That is the side of the contract that Clear promises to honor. (otherwise they couldn't legally advertise such service, right?) If my Clear internet is slower than dial-up, usually doesn't load Google without a refresh or two, and drops signal every 3 to 4 minutes, how is Clear honoring their part of the contract?
    I know ALOT about computers.. And having DL speeds on average around .86Mbps (even though I can literally spit and hit the tower.. Which I may if this keeps up..) is not Fast. Having to reload webpages every time is not Reliable. Losing signal every 3-4 minutes is not Always On.
    If you went to a pizza joint and paid for their buffet, what would you do if they didn't have any pizza available, told you it'd be maybe 10 minutes or 10 days before they had pizza? And on top of that, told you that you'll have to pay again tomorrow to see if they have pizza or if it'll still be a few days?
    Bottom line is, we expect this "fast, reliable, always on" service from Clear because they advertise it as such.
    Imagine if Porsche advertised their cars as fast and reliable, yet couldn't beat a pinto, and always had trouble starting..

I am an Other Jan 29, 2010

Look4me,
    After reading so many complaints on the internet about Clear, maybe the reason people don't return their modems is because they never receive the 'promised' UPS label that's supposed to be emailed to them.
    And yes, I would call my cellphone company and ask for a credit if they promise and advertise that the entire metroplex I live in is covered with fast, reliable, and always on service.. Yet 80% of the area within my metroplex has no service, or the connection is never fast, reliable, or always on (ie-no service for 3-4 days)
    I live a quarter mile, and can see the tower from my balcony, from a Clear tower.. However I only get 1 bar, have download speeds that average between .87Mbps and 1.62Mbps.. It takes me at least 45 seconds to load Google.. And, I lose signal at least 6 times just checking my email alone.
    If you bought a Corvette and expected fast acceleration, much like what is advertised and expected from Corvettes, yet only accelerated as fast as a Dodge Neon, and sometimes had to wait for the car to be able to start, what would you do?

• Ju
    Jungolgirl Jan 03, 2010

I actually did cancel within the 7 day period and instead of canceling my service they reinstated without my permission and I closed down a bank account just to get them to stop charging me. They are currently sending my account to collections because I refuse to pay for something I used for 4 days only to discover it was the worst internet service ever and canceled per their terms. I have been receiving calls for months now from them "with an exciting offer to reinstate your service". I think this company is operating outside the law and I would be more than happy to sign on to a class action suit. For anyone who says a lawsuit could never be won against CLEAR certainly must not know enough about their business practices.

Chuck Powell Dec 31, 2009

June 2017 I was transfered to Concord North Carolina . I contacted Clearwire which told me they offered no service there. In my move I disconnected my computer and returned all Clearwire equipment that had been installed . Now I have been advised that Clearwire has issued a $129.00 lein on my credit report .? Please advise . The sad things about this entire transition is that I employ 200 employees one and two enjoyed my Clearwire connection experience .
    Please tell me what I have done wrong so I may consult my attorney with more information so I can resolve this petty problem to me ... or larger problem to him .
    I am in corporate transistion again ... you can now reply to me at 403 Oriole Road, Portsmouth, Virginia 23701

Thanking You in Advance
    Charles A. Powell, Sr.

• Lo
    look4me Dec 01, 2009

I work for Clearwire and I would NEVER have service with them. I have never had a problem with the service it works great for me. But I would never give a business my credit card info to debt every month. NEVER EVER would I do that so I guess you all opened yourselves up to that. We have customers call in all the time to cancel just like everyother business we can not please everyone, you would not believe how many customers NEVER return the equipment to us after we tell them they need to return the equipment and it is stated in the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you started to use the service. Why can't you just return the equipment, it is no use to you when you cancel, it is a piece of crap but yet the customer will NOT return it, why? I work in Collections and we reverse so many charges to help our customers get their service restored after it has been suspended due to non-payment. So we really pay our customers for our service because most of our customers do not pay their bills and yes they do use the service believe it or not. Have you ever tried to call your cellphone company (AT & T ) and ask for a credit because you maybe had a few dropped calls or the data was not working on your phone. They would laugh their ### off at you. Please clearwire write off so much money just to try to keep their customers. They will do just about anything you want to keep from cancelling. I do not understand why they would want to keep so many low life customers that do not pay their bills. Why pay the customer for a service that Clearwire provides to them. and READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE that is where we get you...