Citi Mortgageloan modification program - lack of follow through

I have been working with CitiBank since January of 2017 to modify my loan. I have submitted my paperwork with them twice and we are now in April and have yet to get a response from them. I keep being told that all the paperwork is submitted and each representative keeps telling me to call back and that it will be going to the underwriter in 10 days. They also continue to tell me that they can't really do anything for me except to continue to call.

I called a manager today and her response was "I see that you have been calling, I also know that your documentation is complete, not sure what else I can do for you except to have you call again"

This has been a very frustrating process. CitiBank "tells you that if you submit all your paperwork it should only take about 30 days" I am not sure what the goverment is doing to ensure that Banks are actually following through. But they continue to delay and make up excuses while my family struggles on the other end.

• Li
    Linda Young Jan 16, 2009

How does this mortgage company get by with sending my personal information to India ?????? I resent the fact that my address, phone number, social security number and acess to my credit report is being put in the hands of someone in another country. Who is to say that these people could not sale my information to anyone else. What does this say about a company who is either too lazy or trying to save a few dollars by hiring untrained and unprofessional and under paid civilians in another country!!! Shame on you Citi-do you ever stop to think that you are putting your customers possibly in harms way by exposing us to possible fraud by information that could be put into the wrong hands?? I hope I can find a way to put a stop to this practice by contacting our reps in Washington-there has to be a law somewhere that would prohibit you from releasing your customers personal information.
    You also need more training so that all of your employees can be on the same page. We can make arrangements with one rep on one day-several days later-another rep talks with you and knows nothing about it-this goes on all the time-can you train your people to take notes and post them to the accounts??? Its really a simple procedure. You need to get your act togeather-no wonder you are losing so much money-if you get a bailout-spend the money on more training and hire people in THIS country to answer the phones after hours and on week-ends-I'm sure with the unemployment rate so high-you can find employees who speak English-and that we feel more comfortable with -I DO NOT WANT MY IFORMATION FLOATING AROUND IN OTHER COUNTRIES!!!

• Sg
    sgtbenda Feb 15, 2009

I have repeatedly contacted city mortgage Customer service and faxed a letter to the inquiry department about the harassing phone calls about my account the account is up to date yet I get up 30 phone calls a month regarding the account all attempts resolve this situation has failed.
    I have been told to talk to your refinance department about this issue and have been met with a representative who was nasty and very rude on the phone I can not under stand why this is continuing on my account or treated in such a manner it has never been over 30 days late I pay on line and all fees your company has added.
    Again I am requesting in writing as to why you are doing this to a account that has been paid and meets all requirements of the loan. I
    Sincerely
    Larry

• Co
    commonsense37660 Mar 30, 2009

IF YOU ARE BEING HARRASED BY COLLECTIONS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THIS...

Excerise your rights under the 2017 consumer protection act not to be contacted concerning the matter ever again. When they call ask for their name, then tell them this "I too am recording this phone call, and under the 2017 consumer protection act Im requesting that you do not contact me in any form concerning this matter ever again, you will recieve this request in writing in a few days, thank you." Then hang up and send them the same thing on paper. Make sure you keep a copy and send it certified mail so they will have to sign for it. And you will not be harrassed anymore. IF they continue, you may file charges but you wont be bothered anymore. This works with ANY lending agency and or collection agencys, only BANKS are exempt.

• Ke
    kelly adragna Jan 15, 2010

Me TOO! Citi Mortage took me exactly the same way took over 7 months over 6000 back pay I was denied I am in a worse off position than before. They also lied to the credit bureau this should be illegal and stated I paid my mortgage late 3 times. Which not one payment ever sent was late. These people need to be stopped. Maybe not paying them will get their attention and then I will be approved for the modification.

I honestly feel like selling everything I own in this house and just leaving it it is not worth what I owe and it is falling apart let them get stuck with it. They will not be able to sell it.

I work so hard for me and my daughter and this is how my country pays us back no healthcare also scams, no college tuition we need to pay this (with some financial aid help but not enough).What we get is taxed more than any other country when you figure we pay taxes on the same money over and over again. and we get nothing in return.

What do we get for our tax dollars that we do pay not even safe travel.

Obama may have meant well but his modification bill put more people in worse off positions than they were before.
    Sorry Obama but you failed here.

All we do in this country is worry about health care bills, college tuition, paying our mortgage, the crappy streets we have to drive on, you have to worry when you die. You can not even die in peace here with some dignity.

Kelly

• Ci
    Citimortgage Took My Soul Jan 20, 2010

Obama has not helped anybody who needs it. He helped the people who were not bad off in mortgage loans. He bailed out too many companies and they screwed him in the process. He needs to look past the rich and look for the medium to lower class people who need help. Help Now!! Not after we all lose our houses!

• Tn
    tnod Mar 29, 2010

I have been working with CitiMortgage for NINE MONTHS and was close to finalizing my assistance plan. Dah, two weeks ago they sold my loan to Selene Finance. Now I have to start the whole process over! Plus I just read this complaint about Selene Finance:

"Founded in 2017 to address specific needs in the mortgage industry, Selene is a special servicer providing creative loan resolution strategies designed to preserve homeownership. Keeping borrowers in their homes is our primary objective." (taken from thier website)

Not in my case they acted like they were going to help us instead they got in found out what our house was worth and did not do anything to help us save our home just told us "There is nothing we can do to help you" "Although We can do a quick sale to avoid foreclosure" "
    Some Special service they provide keeping us in our home was NOT thier primary objective. In factwe felt like they wanted us out. Even after we told them we had the money to pay them .They would sound surprised and add on another fee. Thank you for nothing Selene Finance!

• Gr
    greg19_19 May 05, 2010

Ii was working on a refinance with citi mortgage. I was just trying to see what kind of deal I could get from them and I decided not to go through them. I also have a citi credit card which mysteriously showed a application fee for 550.00 dollars on my account. This was an unauthorized charge. And since it was there credit card you cant even disaprove with the charge. Have tried to talk to them but all they care about is charging people for talking to them. What really stinks about this company is the fact that they were bailed out by our government in the billions and all they can do is find underhanded ways to cheat people!

• Fu
    Fustrated100 Jun 05, 2010

I'm having the same problem. It has been 3 months. They are teling me now that they are waiting for the underwriter. Please help!

• Do
    dolce002 Jul 23, 2010

kelly...i had the same problem...what did u do next?

• Do
    dolce002 Jul 23, 2010

Kelly...i had the same problem...what did u do next?

• Nr
    Nreez280 Sep 15, 2010

I am currently dealing with CitiMortgage for the past 6 months for a loan Mod. PITA!!! Fax this. Fax that. I'll transfer you to someone who knows how to deal with your problem. I don't know why this is happening to your account. Your docsuments were misplaced. Are you sure you mailed it to the right place? Oh I my favorite "call us back in two weeks" WTF?

beyond fustrated

Wes422011 Jul 28, 2011

Where to start, we purchased a new home in Jan. of 2017 and the loan was sold to Citi Mortgage. At the time we received a 6% interest rate and thought that was great. As time went on our mortgage payment kept rising and I was shocked because we got a 30 year fixed FHA loan. Anyway Oct. 2017 I got furloughed from my jobe due to the "economy meltdown" and was out of work for 2 years.

Now, what makes this so interesting is that Citi allowed me to stay in this house for all that time and not until March of 2017 did they start working on a loan modification. I was still unemployed and I told Citi that I was going back to work in 3 months per my job, Union Pacific RailRoad. They told me that I had to sign the paper work now or they would not do a loan modification. Once I got back to work I was already 3 months past due and I tried to make the payments to catch up but couldn't.

The loan that was modifide, took my balance from $147K to $190. They gave me an interest rate of 5.75% but took all past dues, legal fees, admin fees, and all other charges and rolled them into the loan. I felt trapped because like I said, I was not working, I had no job and I had to keep a roof over my families head.
    I applied for a short sale and they said yes and after my realtor came out and took pictures and put the house on the market, TWO WEEKS LATER MY REALTOR RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING THE SHORT SALE IS CANCELED AND THE HOUSE WILL GO TO FORECLOSURE SALE THE NEXT DAY AT 9 AM. I only found out because my realtor called me while I was out of town at work.

Now, that's been about 5 months ago and I contacted them to see if Citi would be willing to work something out. I received an email from a customer care rep. who gave me a series of numbers that did not work and I ended up leaving messages for a lady who worked with a collections law firm for Citi. THE NEXT DAY THE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICES DELIVERED EVICTION PAPERS. I have a court date set for Aug. 4th @ 1:30 pm.

No one will touch me now as far as buying any kind of home and rent me anything without asking for a crazy amonut of money. I really hate corporate America as they have proven that they will sale their souls for money and don't care who they hurt in the process.

Damn them all to hell.

Wesley W., Texas

Comments

mensch gordon Jul 28, 2011

it was great that while you werent working you didnt have to pay a mortgage payment for a few years..so on the modidfication they add the past due interest to the loan, plus unpaid taxes, and home insurance which the bank advanced on your behalf...did you expect the interest to be forgiven..also if you had a fixed rate loan what caused the payment to increase..did your home insurance and taxes go up

Wes422011 Aug 05, 2011

What you [censored]s fail to understand is I am an American citizen, tax payer and I love my country. I DID NOT SCREW UP THIS ECONOMY TO THE POINT THAT IT [censored] UP OUR ECONOMY CAUSING A MELTDOWN. All comments seem to come from those who benefited from the economic meltdaown. I did not choose to be unemployed, I did choose to not make my payments, and I didn't do anything to hurt the economy. How the hell do you fulfill your contractual agreement when stockholders and other greedy, sorry, dishonest, crooked americans (banks, wall street, certian government sectors, etc...;) do whatever they can to get as much money as they can by hurting the American people. My case isn't the only one of it's kind and mind you I'm no dead beat and I take pride in what I have worked hard to accomplish. Maybe I did mention the countless times I attempted to contact citi and was told not to worry we understand and we will get to you soon because we are swamped with loan modifications, or that we can't do the "HAMP" program, or we will contact you the next business day. Free ride, I don't [censored] think so toyotafan123. I given to this country more than you ever will, so step off your high horse and take at look and try really listen to what America (those affected) are saying. Hadn't for got you Mensch Gordon, "Mensch", okay that saids it all. For your info, it was not great while it lasted. I take it you were not affected by the economy downfall and just so you mofo's know, I don't need a damn thing from either of you and I'm not out begging for any money. What about this country's obligation to it's citizens to protect us from ### like this...###.

Wes422011 Aug 05, 2011

Like 123321 said, it's a freakin' scam. I get that crap all the time via email and I just delete it. You can't hold Walmart responsible for something that, they have never come out and endorsed any of that stuff. If you need a better understanding, go to your local Walmart and speak with the store director or store manager so that you understand that you have been SCAMMED.

Wes422011 Aug 05, 2011

Well just so you people know, the judge granted me my house and ordered the mortgage company to do a new loan at market price today. My court date was today and in addition to that she dismissed the forclosure eviction. There were several things found that was either not done or done the wrong way. Meltdown, HA...I'm so freakin' good right now. Just people understand this, I reserve the right to talk smack to anyone who talks it to me. If you want a good clean conversation, speak to people the way you would want to be spoken to.

mensch gordon Aug 05, 2011

hopefully wes all will be good in the end..but how did your payment go up on a fixed rate loan..also, if you read my comment i didnt talk smack to you at all..i tried to understand the situation from both sides..thats why im called mensch..im a caring, nice, individual

mensch gordon Aug 05, 2011

the whole story isnt explained..you would do the same thing in wes's situation..values are dropping and banks are willing to make deals to avoid foreclosures

Jones2121 Mar 09, 2012

The claim that an affair is good is just dumb. If you are single and date a married person you will end up with a broken heart. If the person is not willing to leave their spouse first, they do not intend to leave. Would you really want someone who cheats on their spouse?