CIMB Bank — unauthorised transaction - debit card (atm card)
My CIMB debit card was being charge twice by Netflix without my authorization. First unauthorized charge on 2 Jan 2016, I called to CIMB and the charge being cancelled. No additional action needs to be taken. Second unauthorized charge on 7 Jan 2016, I called to CIMB again and the operator ask me to make a police report and go to the nearest branch and fill in the dispute form. I disagree to the solution as I believe this is not the right way to solve this issue since I already launch the first complaint to them on 2 Jan 2016. And CIMB can allow the problem to repeat again. They should handling this problem seriously on the first place. This is their security breakage. The transaction can be performed by any anonymous even without so called OTP security feature. On 9 Jan 2016, I called to CIMB again and the operator told me to go to the nearest branch and fill in the dispute form. Change to new debit card and cost me RM12. May I know what is the alternative complaint channel as I don't think this is the right way on handling this issue. In fact, the bank should be immediately terminate the transaction, renew my debit card automatically without any charges. Review their security breakage problem to ensure no repeated problem happen to the same user. If anyone face the same problem, kindly share with me. With the current solution provided by them, there is no security for consumer putting our money on their bank as they can't even can protect us from unauthorized transaction due to their security breakage.
More CIMB Bank Complaints & Reviews
- CIMB Bank - very rude customer service
- CIMB AutoFinance - Wisma Nusantara - tidak puas hati layanan kakitangan cimb autofinance - wisma nusantara
- CIMB-Collection Management Centre - rude n arrogant stff
- CIMB Debit Card - cimb debit card
- CIMB Bank - cash deposit machine problematic.
- CIMB Bank - cimbclick and hotline
- CIMB Bank - staff name intan and femi from sales dept
- CIMB Bank - reactivation of cimb clicks account.
- CIMB Bank - poor customer service
- CIMB Bank - credit card settlement