Menu
Church's Chicken
reviews & complaints

Church's Chicken
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

438 complaints
50 resolved 388 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Church's Chicken. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
5:29 pm EST

Church's Chicken - service

On 11-14-17 at approximately 7pm I pulled up to the Churches Fried Chicken located at 404 US 550 Bernalillo, NM 87004. For the third time this month I have ordered spicy fried chicken and been informed I would have to wait 25 minutes if I wanted spicy chicken. I pulled and requested to speak to the manager on duty. He told me he runs out of spicy because everyone want it, I told him if demand is high perhaps he should make more. He told me he was doing the best he could and that the managers were going to quit this week anyway. I dont know what that has to do with my selection of chicken but what is extremely clear is that you dont know how to pick managers.

N
2:13 pm EST

Church's Chicken - service

On November 11, 2017, I visited the Church's Chicken location at 100 East Presley Blvd, McComb, MS 39648.
1. Customer service - one young lady (she was wearing a black skirt), there was another customer and myself at the counter, saying "excuse me miss", she would never turn around or answer. I finally raise my voice and said "Miss, this lady has a question for you". Very nasty attitude.
2. I had a total of $30.48 worth of food. The person that waited on me, started fixing my boxes (3 out of 5) walked away, left my order on the counter (box opened-food getting cold). I had my handicapped nephew with me so I had ordered some mash potatoes. I didn't see the person who took my order, so I asked the nasty attitude person (black skirt on) if that was my order laying there because I wanted to get the potatoes to feed nephew. She said didn't know and then call out the other person and told her to come and finish as she said "this person" order. She should have said customer.
3. When I received my order, there were several things wrong. Chicken pieces not correct, missing my side dish and food cold.
4. I didn't leave out of Church's until 7pm (one hour later).
I would not advise anyone to visit this establishment. These individuals need to be properly re-train on how to deal with customers.
The cashier name on ticket is Mariah B.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Respectfully,
Nadine Thompson [protected]

S
6:45 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - customer service

Your ghetto store in Columbus ohio on cleveland avenue needs shut down asap ! Your manager is rude! Store is dirty . How has this place remained open for all these years ! I go once a year hoping for change yet it remains a hot ghetto damn mess ! The manager needs to worry more about trying to look cute, and i use this term loosely, in front of customers and making them feel bad and clean up that bed buggy stinking establishment !

L
4:29 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - customer service/manager/entire staff disrespectful to me and mother in law

Went and got a 14 piece 3 large sides and 6 biscuits... Ended up getting 7 burnt pieces of chicken it looked like they friend it a few times. Went in the next day to get those 7 pieces replaced and everyone there was being disrespectful to me and my mother in law. They were so rude saying we what do you want us to do about and they were also laughing in our face.

L
3:09 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - not only rude workers but a manager that basically sounded like I was lying

My child runs errands for me and her wheelchair bound grandma. We asked her to drive the hour to Churchs Chicken in Calloway Florida. When she got there she called to ask what we wanted. The female on the speaker was rude and had no idea about specials and pricing. So my kid was told to drive to the window. We ordered 14 pc leg and thigh, large mash potatoes with gravy on the side, small poppers, and 3 pc corn on cob. My kid got home without the 3 pc corn on cobs and no receipt be a use their machine went down. One male manager when I called said problem with young workers just playing on cell phones. Then female manager said she put receipt in bag and all of order was there. She said hold on a minute then came back and said she would make it right if we drove the hour one way within 2 days. She may have heard me say that I felt like she was calling me a liar so I should just call corporate. Between my kids grandma and myself we have over 40 years experience in customer service. We would never have acted like the customer was lying. All I wanted was the 3 pc corn on cob we ordered and paid for since the bill 28.84. Only good thing that came out of this was my kid learning to check the bag before leaving and maybe we should shop KFC.

P
Oct 29, 2017 1:44 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I don't understand what else corporate can do for you since she offered to make you a replacement corn. On another note, I hope you really appreciate your child. I can't imagine being forced to drive for two hours just to get someone chicken.

6:45 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

10/26/17 wife ask for fresh chicken, cashiers rude cook rude as well cook threaten wife an call her an female dog name. Cashiers kids hangout there after school, cashiers on cell phone. Cook not clean or groomed enough, to cook. Chicken overcooked. Cashier very rude to customers. This incident happening in the evening. Bathroom not properly clean, really...

R
6:24 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - cold/frozen like chicken tenders

I ordered a #4 which consists of 4 chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, biscuit and a drink; I also ordered a small side of baked macaroni and cheese. The only reason I stopped at this location was because it was on my way home from a long day of work. Once I get home my order seems to be perfect, however, once I bit into the tenders they were really hard as if they were frozen and fried from the outside only. I called store #1439 from which I purchased my food, I nicely explained to them that my order was correct and everything was perfect however my only complaint was that the tenders themselves were hard. The young lady on the phone spoke to her manager and stated the ONLY way I could get a refund or a replacement was if I took the tenders back. I explained to her that I was 20 mins away and I had initially stopped there because it was on my way home from work, and therefore I would not be able to go back today. She then went on stating they couldn't do anything about it. I find this to be very inconvenient and lack of customer service, they acted as if I was trying to get free food after I specifically mentioned the rest of my food was good excluding the tenders. At this point I'm just disappointed, I'm a hard worker who was simply trying to have dinner at the end of my long day at work.

R
1:10 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - manager extremely rude

Churchs Chicken Store #1431, the manager on duty on the evening, extremely rude with customers. Manager name is Jessica Hernandez. Screamed at customers and employees. Very bad attitude. Not sure why she is a certified training general manager. She said "No one is above my position, Im it!" We were behind the customers that were insulted, so we simply walked out.

View 0 more photos
6:45 am EDT

Church's Chicken - workers

I was in churchs yesterday ordering my food the store manager and crew member was arguing that's not the way to run a business..Then she up and left for 30 minutes leaving the drive thru lady to do everything she was already doing most of the stuff all need workers wanna work cause the manger and young lady that was arguing if you do it in front of customers that mean you don't care...

5:05 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - church's. chicken in orlando, florida

Today is tuesday, october 17, 2017. I went to churchs chicken with two of my friends. We were trying to do a big order. I think the 20 piece meal. Larry sayer was the shift leeader or something. Any way he was adding things to our order. He was not patient with us. We were telling him what we did and did not want. I asked him for my money back and he said with a nasty very nasty attitude and said i will give you your change when i cancel the order. I said i gave you a 100 dollar bill so it should be right there on top. Then he shoved 4 $20 bills and 2 $10 bills in my hand. What kind of people are you employing. I have high blood pressure and anxiety and panic attacks. I went to popeyes. I had a great dinner. I wanted church's. I will not go to churchs chicken no more. Larry sayer is a nasty shift leader or whatever. My head is hurting because my blood pressure is up now. My chest is hurting. I am breathing irregular. My name is ms. Jenkins. [protected]. I need churchs corporate office to read this. Larry needs to be fired. I might have to go to the hospital tonight.

D
3:34 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - not being treated equally

I am not liked by the church's employees on flamingos rd in Las Vegas nv close to boulder hwy...uts understandable but when I'm asked to not come there and when I purchase food I'm not allowed to use their restroom then I feel disrespected...iwas needing to use the restroom purchased food and was told I couldn't use the restroom...i have an acquaintance who has a spare key to the storage room and one of your managers is dating a homeboy of mine that has a spare key to the restroom located outside the building...but I'm denied access upon purchase

P
Oct 18, 2017 2:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If it's a restroom for all customers they should be letting you use it. If it's an employee restroom then they have no obligation to allow you to use it.

T
12:06 am EDT

Church's Chicken - manager

I am a customer I been going to churches for a long time and at
2275 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38106
church's chicken memphisI place my order threw drive threw the young lady took my order and then pulled me up for 5 min and ask can I get some honey mustard when young man brought my food out he stated Nall so I got out and went in and ask can I get some honey mustard the so called manager said $0.27 cent I stated I never paid for honey mustard she stated with a attitude well today u is so I said find ok I paid my $1.08 for the sauce I told her to keep the change she catch another attitude so therefore I was upset and stated in the hell u get a Manager position she call [censor] and hoes and went and picked up some hot grease to throw on me and also the cook came from behind the counter trying to fight me as well I am a woman and a customer and I need justice this happen Oct 14 2017 at 5:30pm my number is [protected] please contact or will report this bbb

C
7:11 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well I went to churches earlier to get some sides to go with dinner, I paid almost $18.00 And I got 2 small containers of mashed potatoes (supposed to be the largest size) and 2 of the largest orders of corn nuggets (they were barely half full) now I'm home across town, with my kids, father, and family all seated at the table and there isn't even enough for...

View 0 more photos
V
5:26 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - store management

Leslie jones is doing payouts at Atlanta hwy store stealing money out of cash registers and asking employees to make it up. When you refuse to steal for her she cuts hours or fires you. She also having sex with Mr. Hanson so nobody can complain because he her superior. Atlanta hwy store is going down and she is the reason why. Leslie let other coworkers steal and be short of money so that she does not get exposed. Just thought you should know

1:02 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - service complaint

Church's Chicken located 910 S US Highway 31. The voice box wasn't. In the middle of my face to face order in the drive thru, the associate didn't treat me as if i was paying for a service. I was treated with disapproving facial expressions. The associate then walked away before I finished my order. Another associate had to take my order. I didnt get my sides either.

6:53 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - family

I ordered a family order if okra @ the Church's in Galveston, Texas. There was only myself & 1 other customer @ Church's, so it was not like they were busy & overrun with customers.
In the past, a family order is a full box of okra. When I got home, I opened the box. There was barely a half box of okra. I don't mind paying for what I order. Just tell me that now a family order is a half box NOT A WHOLE BOX, so I can order appropriately.

J
1:15 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - food and wait

Hello,

I went to Churchs at lunch time, on October 6, waited in line for 30 minutes. When I finally received my food, my order was totally wrong. I asked for a $5 box with two legs, okra and mashed potatoes. Once I got back to work, I realized they gave me chicken strips, cole slaw, and mashed potatoes without a biscuit. I am very disappointed. Every time I go, my order is always wrong and the line moves very slow on the outside as well as the drive-thru.

Thanks!

A
6:45 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - service/hospitality

I came to the local Church’s to get a combo and honestly I’m just baffled as to how I’m suppose to eat m sides without plastic ware or even wipe my hands with no napkins. I did not receive a receipt with my order either and the lady who took my order asked me what I had when it is a single lane drive thru. How do you not know who is in line? She asked me 3 times what my drink was. I’ve had problems previously with this Church’s and the service doesn’t seem to get any better.

D
6:38 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - customer service / co-worker gay bashing

I just went through the drive thru in Victorville California. I had a client in the car and we tried to place desperate orders. We were informed that this location didn't do that so I just let my client order.
The employee on the speaker was very rude and acted as if we were wasting her time. We weren't given a total and were just told to drive up to the window.
The window was open and we could see good being packaged, a male employee started taking the next drive thru order and his headset died. He asked the other two workers to use their headset to complete the order. The female said she no, the other male worker said no and told him to go get a battery, meanwhile the customer is saying hello, hello etc. when the guy walked away to get a battery the two employees started laughing and saying "I'm not letting that queer touch my headset and laughing.
Finally the woman clicked her headset on and told the customer he was just going to have to wait until "he" got a battery. She came to window gave my client the bill total, told him they were out of sauce, and took the money. I asked her for corporates number, she told me she didn't have to give it to me.
Wow incredibly unprofessional, and gay bashing is not what this company is supposed to represent.

Oct 04, 2017 7:15 pm EDT

First of all I love churches chicken. It is the best tasting chicken all around. I love original more then the others. It doesn’t compare to kfc or any others because it’s the best, at least for me and my husband. We resentlyoved to Milton FL from Texas. Went to get some churches chicken in Milton and was terribly disappointed. The flavor is not there. It has no flavor. I do crave the churches we used to get in Texas. I wish the one here would be as good. Anything you can do? Really appreciate it. Thanks 🙏🏻

7:17 pm EDT

Church's Chicken - original chicken strips

Lately every time i order your chicken strips they have been completely inedible. The texture is rubbery and it basically tastes disgusting. I don't know what is going on but please whatever my local churchs is doing make it stop. Maybe it's the chicken that is the problem i don't know the chicken is just rubbery and inedible and i feel conned out of money that i spent for basically a meal that tastes and feels like fried car tires.

Church's Chicken contacts

Phone numbers

+1 866 345 6788 +1 905 497 6222 More phone numbers

Website

www.churchs.com

Most discussed Church's Chicken complaints

Poor customer service
(opinions to this review)