Choice Hotels International Logo

Choice Hotels International

Having problems with Choice Hotels International?

Choice Hotels International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 6, 2007. The latest review I was bit by a spider was posted on Dec 2, 2020. The latest complaint unsatisfied was resolved on Nov 14, 2014. Choice Hotels International has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 250 reviews. Choice Hotels International has resolved 52 complaints.

Choice Hotels International Customer Service Contacts

132 400 (Australia)
1800 500 600 (Ireland)
1800 364 6835 (Mexico)
800 616 1147 (Singapore)
+1 877 424 6423 (Hotel Reservations)
+1 888 221 6039 (Vacation Rental Reservations)
+1 800 300 8800 (Customer Relations)
+1 800 521 2121 (Choice Privileges Reservations)
+1 888 770 6800 (Choice Privileges Service Center)
+1 866 263 2058 (Choice Privileges Visa)
+1 866 599 5070 (Barclaycard Customer Service)
+1 866 291 9816 (Customer Service, Spanish)
+1 800 267 3837 (Customer Service, French)
+1 800 654 6200 (Customer Service, International Languages)
+44 800 444 444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 803 524 (New Zealand)
+31 800 022 4852 (Netherlands)
+852 800 962 532 (Hong Kong)
6811 E Mayo Blvd, Suite 100
Phoenix, Arizona
United States - 85054-3119

Choice Hotels International Complaints & Reviews

Choice Hotels Internationalroom facilities

We are currently staying at Hotel Principessa Isabella in Rome 2018/08/26 to 2018/08/30.

Nice accommodation but very limited service. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room & a €5 charge to get it yourself from reception area - only during the day hours. Very frustrating as it is well away from local cafes.
We have never been in a hotel that does not provide such a basic facility.

Rob +61 [protected] (available Italy hours).

Choice Hotels Internationalpromotion

I have unfortunately tried to give Comfort Suites customer service a chance to try to work at making things right with this. I was tossed around today from person to person. I had a tally of 25 people! I was on the phone from 10 am to 3 pm. When I gave up for the day.
    This spring I worked towards the stay two nights, and get three nights free. I actually ended up staying three nights that were all booked using their comfort suites site. That is all I was told about the requirements about this promotion. Well today, I called to use my free night stay. Was told I did not have enough points. Points? I was never told points had anything to do with it? So let me explain this to you, Each hotel gave me about 1, 100 points for each night. Then given 6, 500. That was for my free night stay. The place I was trying to book needed 25, 000 points. OK, so its an equal or lesser value? so I looked up the places I stated at to see how many points it cost for there. The first one was 30, 000. The second one was 25, 000 and the third one was 40, 000. Wow so I was not looking for my free night stay to be more than what I stayed at. I did an experiment and tried to find the lowest point reservation I could. Which was a motel in Portland. It had one start on reviews. It was in a crime and drug rated area and that reservation took 12, 000 points. At this point I called the customer service back and started my way back up. Explaining about how I was never explained about this points being apart of it. How I actually planned my trip of these three stays around Comfort Inns so that I could get in this promotion. Some of them costing more or being out of my way. Nobody cared. Some would say they were transferring me and put me back at the main menu. Some were just rude and hung up on me. Then I talked with one supervisor that just told me that well I can give you 2, 000 points. Ok not to be rude, but now that I know about your points that is now a slap in the face. He finally told me that I really should be calling the hotels... They are the ones that did the false advertising and never told me to the points. I asked him... Are you serious?? That is what you want me to do? So, I called one first. I talked with a supervisor at the front desk who was leaving a message with her manager. She was furious and stated don't worry I have started something and there will be a call back to me regarding this matter. I talked with another hotel who actually was the one that told me about the promotion in the first place. He had been with comfort suites for 5 years. He was the one I talked to when trying t place the reservation. He told me to hang up and make the appt online so that I got in on this promotion. He told me that even his brochure said nothing about points just that both appts had to be made on choice hotels website. He took my information then gave me the managers email so that I can also email him this information. The third one I will call back next week when his manager gets in.
    So, I tried to call choice hotels supervisor back to let them know what I found out when calling all these hotels. By now I had quite a few notes put in my file for he was rude from the get go. Stated he refused to go into circles and there was nothing to be done and hung up on me.
    Is there really no resolution? I have started putting reviews up. Most of the places that I have put reviews already had kind of the same reviews as mine.

Econolodge Livingston MTpoorly managed

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was THE worst hotel we have ever stayed at. When we checked in and got to our room, it was not the type of room reserved, (king) so we went back to the front desk and was given the right type of room. The window in the room was partially open due the fact the screen was so bent the window would not close or lock. we fixed it ourselves. The coffee pot still had a dirty coffee filter in it and the pot had coffee in it as well. Then next evening we attended a concert, got back to our room at 10pm and it had not been cleaned. We had to call the front desk to ask for clean towels. After 30mins and no clean towels, we had to call and ask again. This hotel is in good shape, but is so poorly managed that it takes away from any good there is. We will never stay at this hotel again

Choice Hotels Internationalroom condition

On 8/6/18 my wife and I checked in to the Quality Inn (PA412) to meet up with other family members to attend my father-in-laws funeral. We unpacked and left the room to meet up with other family members staying at the hotel. We attended a family gathering and returned to the hotel around 11:00 PM that night. When we entered the room we noticed there was about 10-15 fruit flies in the room. We took it with a grain of salt and went to sleep. When we woke the next morning there was about 75 to 100 fruit flies in the room, they were everywhere. It was so bad we ended up going to another family members room to get ready to attend the funeral. Needless to say, we stayed at another hotel for the remainder of our stay.
        Quality Inn (PA412)
        1740 New Butler Rd.
        New Castle, PA 16101
        Account: [protected]
        Room: 142
        Check In: 8/6/18
        Check Out: 8/7/18

Comfort Suites North - Ft. Wayne, IN.double billing!

In july 2018 my husband, an I were able to make a visit back home. With the help of my mother, son, an sister. They covered the cost of our 4 night stay, at the comfort suites north on dupount rd., from july 11 th. To checkout, on sunday morning july 15 th... The bill said zero balance due!!! Later that sunday afternoon, on our way home, I noticed they had charged my sister' s credit card [ 2 ] time's. The hotel manager has been contacted.!!!. She's the one, who double billed my sister. Now the hotel is giving my sister the run around!!! Because like any hard working person these day's, a dollar doesn't go very far.!!! An all she asked is to refund her credit card the $ 101.58 that her credit card was over charged!!! It's been nothing but a night mare. The hotel locked us out of our room the 2 nd. Day we were there. Said their was a $ 86.10 balance due on the choice rewards. So my husband had to pay it, to get back into our room.222 an to top everything off we got home. When I started to unpack a couple day's later, in horror, to find someone had stole both set's, of my wedding ring's, right out of my travel bag!!! With a value of almost $ 10, 000 dollar's!!! An the hotel, really did nothing but blow me off!! An the! Same for their corp. Headquater's!!! Police say, pretty much they can't do anything, do to some travel non sense!!! So their you go folk's!!! An that's the god's truth!!! Sincerely deborah williamson p.S. Nothing but a terrible nightmare!!! My email is [protected]@gmail.com if anyone might have some helpful advice.

Econo lodge Millington Tennesseedouble charge

I made online reservation for a reserve now pay later room. Two days before arrival my credit card was charged for two nights. Upon arrival the clerk asked for my card and ID. She charged me for two days again. When I tried to use my card again in it was overdrawn. I called and talked to the clerk she said it was normal for them to charge double, in 3 to 5 days my card would be credited for the overcharge. I asked to talk to the manager, clerk said the manager was out of the country. I asked for his phone number, clerk refused to give me his number. She was very rude, called me a liar, later I called the office, she hung up on me and refused to answer the phone 4 times when I tried to call back.

Choice Hotelscustomer service

Calling them for service is a joke... There is no one that ever answers the phone. The recording keeps playing the same message over and over. I am a member with a "diamond" rating... And my calls were all made during the posted times they have scheduled on the web site... I have called them and waited 28 minutes then called them the next day and waited 17 minutes no answer.

annafarris16 Jul 03, 2018

As an employee at one of choice Privileges hotels I have come across some very mean members, and I want to know how I can file a complaint on your members, so they don't continue to go to other properties and do the same thing as been done to me. We as employees, need a hot line or something, in our behalf, because these members go back and write bad reviews on our hotel because they can, even if the situation is beyond our control, and that's not right. I believe in guest first and all that, but sometimes we need to be protected too against some of the bad apples and there are a few. So I'm suggesting that you help us as employees to be able to contact someone and give the member number and have something posted on their file just like the are able to comment on our hotels

annafarris16 Jul 03, 2018

How can a hotel employee file a complaint on a choice member

Choice Hotels Internationalphone cancellation of reservation not honored.

Regarding reservation confirmation # [protected], case # 9060305:
                Original reservation made in February 2018 for a stay at the Kanab, UT Comfort Suites location in April. My itinerary changed. When attempting to cancel the reservation on 3 consecutive days, April 5, 6 and 9, 2018 via my Choice Hotels Rewards online account, I received an error message that my reservation number could not be found. I then twice called Choice Hotels customer service, and after waiting 45 minutes for someone to answer, I was informed that my reservation number was not in the system nor was it an active reservation at the specific hotel location. I asked to have my cancellation request documented on my Rewards account and was assured it was taken care of.
                Needless to say this did not happen. I was charged for a no-show night. Since I was not given a cancellation confirmation number (because my original reservation could not be found in the system), the Manager at the Kanab, UT Comfort Suites will not honor the phone cancellation and will not issue a refund of the no-show charge. A case number was opened but have had no resolution or response from Choice Hotels. Since each location is independently owned and operated, I have come to understand that they are NOT connected to corporate customer service and do not share information. I believe this way of doing business is a scam.
                All Choice Hotel brands have lost my business. This charge is in dispute with my credit card company.

Choice Hotels Internationalecono lodge room rolla, mo.

We booked a NONE smoking room and were at first given a smoking room. This room had beds made up with dog hair all over the beds and dried urine all over the toilet. Of course being a smoking room smelled as well. My wife called the manager and described the room to be a possible mix up. After some argument from the night manager, she agreed to give us another room. Went to the office and then told the manager of the rooms conditions as concern for the next person. She stated she was going to check into it. We were given room 114, a nonsmoking room. Please note that the shower in that room has its water lines crossed. In other words when you turn it to cold as marked it gets hot, and visa versa. We did eat breakfast which was good. After being gone all day we returned around 9:00pm. Found the room had not been cleaned. When I called the night manager she said huh. Then said she would check into it. Did not offer another cleaned room or bring even towels. Please note that the hotel did not appear to even remotely be fully booked. I asked for towels and she then said sure. The rooms were older which was fine. It was housekeeping and its lack of management which are my complaints. I forgot to mention to the office manager about the shower water lines. They should be corrected before someone is hurt. Our stay was 4/Friday to 4/6 Sunday 2018 at the econo lodge in Rolla, MO.. My name is Andrew Ebert @ [protected]@yahoo.com. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Quality Inn Hotelroom reservation

I had made reservation on April, 25th 2018 at the Quality Inn Hotel in Holly Springs, MS I had paid with my debit card and the receptionist told me my card didn't go through.I stepped out and when I returned He had cancelled my entire reservation.I went back the next day, too talk to the Hotel manager, but she could get me my money back, is there anyway I could get it back since it was taken off my debit card will customer service assist me.

room reservation

Econolodge 190 Tunnel Road — motel

My husband and I stayed at this motel for 2 days and on the day we left we got 200 additional dollars taken...

Econolodge Choice Hotelsdirtiest hotel

Dirtiest hotel I never ever seen
                      I can't believe that Louisiana government management doesn't have time to check the hotels!!
                      How dirty they are and customers have no choice to stay!!
                      There is no price control once all hotels fully booked they charge whatever they like!!
                      I staying in dirtiest hotel cause no rooms available in any hotel, this hotel cost I think not more then $45/50, but I paid $100
                      Look at the front of my room
                      Today is 24th of March 2018 time 21.55pm

Choice Hotels International — lack of responses to my complaint

We stayed at the newly acquired (I believe) Econolodge in Athens Alabama on Jan 22. I paid cash for the room...

Choice Hotelsonline booking service

Feb. 2, 2018, I tried to book a room at the Comfort Inn in Katy, Tx. on choicehotels.com. The price for 3 nights was confirmed, with taxes & fee, s for $222.87. After I submitted all my information I received this message, "We're sorry, we were unable to make your reservation. Please try again later or call us at [protected]."
                        I called and spoke with Cinco and then supervisor Joy. Neither employee was able to help me.

I then called a competitor booking group and booked the same room easily on-line.

I have stayed at Comfort Inns in the past and I look forward to my Feb. stay in Katy, Tx at the facility on Mason Road.

I'm very disappointed in the quality of the on-line service. The price of the room that I did book is $3 per night higher than the advertised price I received on the Choice Hotel site. Most importantly for future reservations I would expect to be able to make a reservation with the hotel via the on-line service. Although a total of $9 isn't much, I would hope to have my bill reduced that much if possible.

Thank you for a response.
                        Katherine (Richard) Knight

Choice Hotelsroom temperature - no heat

Name: David Hudson
                          Confirmation Number: [protected]
                          Room 325

Hello,

Stayed at Quality Suites Buckhead Village ( Atlanta ) last night 12JAN18 - 13JAN18. Upon checking in I was advised I was upgraded to a suite. While the upgrade was appreciated it ultimately put me in a room in which the heat did not work. Found this out when returning to room after midnight and with it being around 30 degrees outside the room had an obvious chill. In attempting to turn the heat up / on the thermostat was non responsive. Given the hour and tired I went to bed hoping the heat would eventually kick on. Temperature showed 63 degrees at the time. Waking up this morning it was quite cold. Thermostat showed 58 degrees. Another attempt for some heat to no avail. Not bothering with a shower I packed it up and checked out. Upon surrendering my keys at the front desk I informed the lady behind the counter. She merely said " I'll let them know, sorry about that". No concern whatsoever. No thank you for your staying with us, etc..
                          Again, the upgrade was appreciated but it was unneeded. I registered as 1 adult. That was a choice of the hotel. That choice unfortunately made my stay uncomfortable.
                          I am therefore requesting some compensation. While I feel a full refund is justified but in wanting to be fair, a 50% refund would be acceptable.
                          Other than the heat issue and the cold shoulder upon checking out I was satisfied with my stay. Being I will be in the area again in the future I would still consider staying there again, though that consideration hinges on the decision of my request.

Thank you in advance for your soonest attention and response.

Sincerely,
                          David Hudson

Choice Hotelsquality inn and suites / employees throwing away items left in the room by customers

Reservation # [protected]
                            I call the hotel front desk the evening that I checked out because I had left a new container of hand cream that I had just purchased in the room. The front desk clerk (Dena) said she would check to see if it had been turned in and call me back. I had to call the next morning and check again and spoke with (Maria) she said she would check and get back with me. Neither clerks called so we we went to the hotel to speak to the clerk in person and they both said that the housecleaning people must have thrown it away. I then called the customer support line and spoke the a man that said your company policy is not to discard item found in the rooms but to hold them in case the customer calls back for them and that he would have the hotel look at camera to see if housekeeping did have the item or throw it away.
                            I have not been contacted by anyone from Quality inn & Suites.

Choice Hotelsthe only good part at this rodeway was the manager

We really appreciate your input! Please provide as much detail as possible

I am on your site to make a complaint for a friend regarding a stay going on currently. After finding I cannot do that since your wanting feedback on your site as well every time I have tried to click on a link it says its not available. Not only us it frustrating but between that and my friend currently staying in a room infested with roaches at your Rodeway Inn located at 2041 Freemont Street, in Monterey Ca. That she is STILL BEING MADE TO PAY FOR and being told she is being given a "deal" by only being charged 60$ instead of more which is complete insanity but she has run out of funds and doesn't want to complain but is in her room sick and hardly moving without food still trying to figure out the last 20$ the guy "Sid" at the hotel wants her to still pay after being there for 4 days with ROACHES and being charged over 100$! YOUR COMPANY IS INSANE ! She has NO FOOD after having to throw everything out due to roaches and so now you have a sick guest, broke and starving in a room with roaches. Will you do ANYTHING?

Her name is Krystine Cattaneo and is at 2041 North Freemont, Monterey, .Ca 93940 The number there is [protected]. She is in room 109. I know she doesn't know where to go and hasn't the money or energy to move but AT LEAST should receive a FULL REFUND for her stay and be allowed to stay for free unroll the 3rd when she goes back home. Maybe then she can afford food! I PRAY you will do something since I know she won't complain due to not feeling well PROBABLY FROM THE ROACHES AND SPRAY USED TO RID THE ROOM OF THEM.
                              A VERY DISAPPOINTED, DISGUSTED, AND DISTURBED Friend of a "guest" being treated like nothing in a hotel YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT. IF YOU DONT DO SOMETHING ILL GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIS AND SEVERAL OTHER OF YOUR DISGUSTING PROPERTIES.

Choice Hotels — quality inn at destin florida my stay

Room was smelling bad, we ask service not to spray any air freshener ! Felt like they spraying too much air...

Choice Hotels3 stays at quality inn in december, 2017

During our recent Christmas vacation we travelled from our home in Florida to the northeast.in Pennsylvania we stayed 2 nights at the Quality Inn in Media, PA on 12/18 and 12/20. When I checked on my credit card charges I discovered that I was billed for 3 nights (not 2). On 12/25 I called the hotel and they said they would remove the incorrect charge but as of today, 12/30, that has not happened. When heading back to Florida on 12/27 we stayed at another Quality Inn in White, GA. and woke up to find our bathroom counter completely covered with ants! Needless to say our Christmas stays at Quality Inn's was NOT a very good experience.
                                I would think that some type of refund should be forthcoming.
                                David F Connell, 11584 SW 139th St, Dunnellon, FL [protected])
                                [protected]@embarqmail.com

Choice Hotelsquality inn germantown tn

Name: David Halpern
                                  Confirmation Number: [protected]
                                  Reservation Status: Reserved
                                  Check In: Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 (3:00 PM)
                                  Check Out: Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 (11:00 AM)
                                  Number of Rooms: 1

This room was totally unacceptable. Please see attached photos of mold, dirt and mildew in the bathroom!
                                  The floor was filthy and had rust on the door moldings. We had to line the floor with towels just to be able to walk on it.