Charter One Bank — no notification of fraud
When I attempted to use my debit card on a Saturday evening, it was declined. It was when I tried to make a withdrawal from a Charter One ATM about a half-hour later, I learned that my ATM card had been deactivated. When I phoned the ATM number, I learned that someone had made close to $2, 000 in fraudulent purchases from a software firm in Minnesota between 10 & 10:23 the night before - I had received no notification that someone had made these purchases. The bank said that they could do nothing to permit the purchases from being processed and that I had to file a fraud complaint with the software firm. Meanwhile, the bank charged $309 in insufficient funds fees against my account even though the software firm told me that they had refunded the amounts fraudulently charged to my ATM card on a Tuesday afternoon, four days after the fraudulent purchases were made.
More Charter One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Charter One Bank - don't bank at charter one!
- Charter One Bank - customer service
- Charter One Bank - do not even think of working there
- Charter One Bank - the worst bank ever
- Charter One Bank - lost credit cards
- Charter One Bank - taking rtewards points away
- Charter One Bank - outrageous unjustified fees
- Charter One Bank - bank fees
- Charter One Bank - unfair business practices
- Charter One Bank - fraud and scam