Charter communications — bait and switch
I ordered charter's cable internet service in Michigan. Price was quoted as $19.99/mo + $3.00/mo for modem rental (good deal). When the tech showed up, the modem he installed had wireless router built in. I told the tech that I didn't need wireless because I already had a Pre-N router. Discussed speed, range etc. Signed for modem, etc. Lo and behold, when I got my bill, I was being charged extra for the wireless home networking service that I didn't ask for and wasn't using. Charter customer "service" says that there was a change order requested and signed for. Their proposed fix was for me to drive 40 miles to nearest charter office to swap modem for one without wireless. I finally convinced them to have tech bring it out. of course, after waiting around all morning, tech never showed. Tech somehow "forgot" to mention that there was an additional charge. I feel dumb that I dint think to ask... talk about bait and switch. These people are totally sleazy.
More Charter communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter communications - hard core porn shows on tv
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off!
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion
- Charter communications - service outages
- Time Warner Cable - harassment/aggressive upselling/rudeness
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - fails to pay refund
- Time Warner - terrible experience!
- Cui - Communications Unlimited (Charter Cable - Communications) - Bad Service / mis-management