Charter communicationsbait and switch

D

I ordered charter's cable internet service in Michigan. Price was quoted as $19.99/mo + $3.00/mo for modem rental (good deal). When the tech showed up, the modem he installed had wireless router built in. I told the tech that I didn't need wireless because I already had a Pre-N router. Discussed speed, range etc. Signed for modem, etc. Lo and behold, when I got my bill, I was being charged extra for the wireless home networking service that I didn't ask for and wasn't using. Charter customer "service" says that there was a change order requested and signed for. Their proposed fix was for me to drive 40 miles to nearest charter office to swap modem for one without wireless. I finally convinced them to have tech bring it out. of course, after waiting around all morning, tech never showed. Tech somehow "forgot" to mention that there was an additional charge. I feel dumb that I dint think to ask... talk about bait and switch. These people are totally sleazy.

• Pr
    prettyupset Feb 03, 2009

Traverse City, you are totally correct. I signed up for the "'Charter Bundle" for AN ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE" OF 107.99 per month (she promised me) ...then...2 weeks later I find out that if I was not a faithful customer of over 18 years, I would be eligible for a rate of 69.97 for the next 12 months for the same services. Charter is a scam...tell all your friends and neighbors, family members, work associates, etc !!!