Changi Airport Group — security services
Recently I was on transit from Heathrow via Changi T2 airport to Brunei.
I had brought with me a bottle of whiskey that I bought from Heathrow duty free shop. It was properly sealed with tamper proof plastic bag but was not transparent. Because it was not transparent when I try to check through the boarding security, I was told I could not bring it on board. I told the security that I bought it in a duty free shop in heathrow and had the receipt to show for it. Eventually I had to abandon my alcohol. My understanding was that if bottle alcohol was sealed in a tamperproof duty free shop I can bring it through. Can you clarify for me what is the standard if I am on transit and what dutyfree products I can bring through during transit.
More Changi Airport Group Complaints & Reviews
- Singapore Changi Airport - extremely rude security officers 
- Singapore Changi Airport - rude and racist custom officers 
- Singapore Changi Airport - entry restricted
- Changi Airport - rude duty free sales staff 
- Changi Airport - rude sales staff
- Changi Airport Group - jetstar ground staff terminal 1
- Changi Airport Group - scoot airline
- Changi Airport Group - terminal 2 arrival / lost and found counter
- Singapore Changi Airport - negligence on passenger service
- Changi Airport Group - airport service