Celebrity Cruisescaptain vito on the celebrity constellation

S Oct 30, 2018

We were on the constellation for the oct 19, 2018 cruise to France and Spain. All was going well until we were to go to portofino 3 days ago. Instead we went to lespecia and stayed there for two nights. We were told it was the weather. Seas were rough but no rougher than last night. So yesterday oct 29 after stayin in lespecia and doing nothing because of the rainy weather, the constellations mooring lines broke and we drifted into the harbour. We struck the Concordia magic in her bow, and quite possibly the bow of the constellation into another vessel.
We were to leave at 330pm. Obviously this did not occur. It was 7pm when the cruise director finally got on the speaker system and let us know what had happened. But did not say what was going to happen. As this was the last night of the cruise everyone needed to know what port we would be at tomorrow to disembark. The pursuers desk was useless. Especially Marina, who needs another form of employment. She could not provide any answers except her robotic monologue. She also called security because the thought we were in her space. Really?
People were not happy with the lack of response. Absolutely no word from the captain, i believe he was not even on the ship. There was no reason we could have not gone on to our disembarkation port two days earlier. So at about 11:30 pm the cruise director comes on and says if you want to leave the ship they will bus us to Rome between 12 and 1am. Because they don't know when they are leaving. So tons of people get ready to leave. It was a total cluster. No assistance, no knowledge absolutely horrendous. I would hate to have to abandon ship with this crew. When we finally got off this ship and onto a bus it was 2:00a.m., then a 5 hour bus ride to Rome. Let me tell you there are hundreds of people that will not every travel with celebrity again, including us. We are Elite and have never encountered such incompetence in my life.
This captain and his purser marina, need others forms of employment. Absolutely no communication whatsoever and lost our last night on the ship.

• Da
    Dave Berrong Nov 02, 2018

I was there and did not hear about the buses. We were told that we would make our flight the next day. This was clearly Celebrity's fault.
    I missed my flight and had to rebook on the only available flight 2 days later at a cost of $8000 plus Hotel and meals.
    No word from Celebrity or help except for a bright spot from Catherine Gracias Michael's Club Concierge and her team