Cedars-Sinai Medical Centertreatment in their emergency room

R Sep 01, 2019

July 12th 2019 I was rushed to the Emergency room with extreme pain, On a scale of 1-10 this was above a 10. I had a fever of 101, vomiting, complete jaundice, when they took my vitals and asked about my pain level, I explained it was nearly a 20, the male taking my vitals starting making jokes about my pain level being that high. I was told to sit down and they would get to me when they could. I am a patient who had a Whipple surgery in years past that went horrible, I had the head of my pancreas removed, my gall bladder removed parts of my intestine removed . I had a c-diff, renal failure, and a history of abdominal health issues, and if anyone at the emergency room had looked up my records they would have seen how serious my issues were. Every time i would stagger up to the front desk and plead for something for the pain, someone to help me, it was as if they looked right through me, four or five hours later they finally gave me a pain pill, me and my sister were continuing aksing when I would be taken to the back to have a doctor look at me, clearly there was no doctor or an NP in the front who would have know right away the seriousness of my health, they way the let people see doctors should have been done on a serious basis but no, people were going back laughing and walking on their own, I could not stop throwing up and the pain, even with the pill was horrible, finally after I was given a bed in the back, the doctor and the surgeon who saw my blood results and saw how sick I was, immediately started me on antibiotics and morphine, the surgeon looked at me and my sister and the Cholangitis that I had was fatal and after a bit finally admitted me. Someone will at some point explain to me, when someone like myself, was clearly as sick as I was, as jaundice as I was, with the fever I had and the history I had, why I had to sit for five hours. Why Cedars emergency does not have a doctor or an NP who can perscribe pain medication is beyond me, they just kept telling me we cant give you pain because we are not authorized to do so, no one thought of getting someone who could, we were just told how busy they were and to sit and wait. It was clear to us, I could have died waiting, even the doctors in the back were so concerned about my health they had nursers and surgeons attend to me immediately. There is something seriously wrong with Cedars emergency room when the front room can not determine the extreme pain and seriousness of my health, sit down, they said, just wait they said. We have now decided, that if I ever get sick again like I was, and with my health, its likely, we will never ever ever, go to the emergency room, we will call 911 and have the paramedics take me directly to the back where we will get immediate attention. Every time I think of how we were treated like we were waiting for a table at a restaurant I continue to shutter and get angry. Finally I just decided to write on this. I sent in a response on the questionnaire, but received no response.

• Updated by [email protected] · Sep 01, 2019

Cedars emergency rooms has some serious management problems

• Updated by [email protected] · Sep 01, 2019

Treatment in Cedars emergency room needs to be seriously corrected, there needs to be a doctor or at least an NP on duty