CBCSfraud and cheating

These guys have been calling me for a month, out of the blue demanding payment for a Bell South account. I did have one on my credit report years ago and paid it off, and still have the letter to prove it. It was held by an entirely different agency at that time, and I can't imagine why BEll South would be forwarding it to them for collections again.

I didn't ask any details because I thought I knew what account they were referring to and I said that it was paid off. They asked me to produce a cashed check from way back, or pay them within 45 days. I take my credit very seriously. I have no way of knowing if they are legit, but there are a lot of accusations on the web, that's for sure. I will mail them a copy of the letter, it has no personal info on it.

• Ev
    Eve383 Mar 05, 2009

I owed Bellsouth YEARS AGO something like $500. CBCS continued to send letters, no calls. The most recent cut the payment in half. I gave in and wrote them a check. After doing some research and pulling my credit report, I fined that I do not owe anything like what they were saying. I tried to stop the check but they got their money anyway. Come to find out they illegally collect debt that is over 7 years old!! They buy old debt and make profit IF they collect. I explained all this to my bank and even though we closed that account and went through tons of trouble - THEY GOT THE MONEY! Now I can't do anything about it because they have my check! I'm so angry!!!

joe 1212 Mar 16, 2010