Cashnet USAharrassment

I was called last night from a representative special agent Marie Johnson amount of$750. The company is now saying I owe $ 1750.00. I explained to them that I was on SSI and that I could pay $20.00 a month. I was told that was unacceptable and that they would take me to civil court. The company also called my daugter Latosha Green, Evonne Simmons and that they were special agents and told them that I had committed bank fraud and was going to jail. The company continues to call, but will not except my terms. I borrowed the money from Cashnet USA, in October 2017 and now the the interest is $1000.00 more than I borrowed. I was told that if this moey is not paid, They will harress my familyhelp. What are my options? Please advise

chris May 27, 2009

check your state and federal debt collection and privacey laws (in all states they can only ask your family for a way to contact you. it is illegal for them to inform anone of any private information they can only legaly inform you of anything considerd a public reccord a credit report IS NOT public reccord and that is where the debt is claimed).look into filing a harrasment suite if they indeed stated they would harass you and your family in any way. harrasment can be considerd a threat by law.

• Me
    meme May 28, 2009

i was called today from an investigator named Karie mandason telling me she was issuing a warrant for my arrest unless i paid $721 dollars then she turned around and offered me a deal to make payments of $300 dollars the original loan was for $400 i was asking her questions she was being rude so i hung up the phone and she removed her offer of the settlement i called her back and she no longer wanted to talk to me she said let the courts handle it i just don't want to be arrested.

chris May 28, 2009

to MEME
    it is highly illegal for then to threaten you with jail time cotact the bbb and the D.A. for yor area
    see this helpfull link

• Pf
    pfft May 28, 2009

you don't need to worry about being arrested or jailed. That is simply a lie used to scare people (this works particularly well on women.)

• Je
    jenny30183 Jun 18, 2009

Has anyone ever been contacted by someone from Western New York collections? They called me and the other contacts that were on my application with cashnet saying that they would get a court order for us to come to court. I made payment arrangements but it seems fishy to me. Anyone else know about this?

• So
    soneone Jun 29, 2009

1st of all you won't be arrested go to the FTC and file a complaint on them second of all the interest rate is very illegal they think that most will pay it and not look into it. I have no problem paying the 400.00 I borrowed if it would go towards the amount I owe they won't take it so I won't pay save all calls tape them and file a lawsuit against them if they keep going on about this.

• Pe
    PEY Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone ever been jailed from these complaints? I just got a call last week from 2 different people each saying the exact same thing. You could tell they were reading it as it was the same. They even read me an avidavit. I told them I would take my chances because I never borrowed from CashNet ever nor the other company. I told this guy to go ahead and arrest me, but I have already contacted the FTC, the state attorney general and the US Justice Dept because they are a scam. He told me he would arrest me because he is the law and hung up on me. I was just wondering if anyone ever has been arrested because of these threats.

• Wo
    woogie Jun 23, 2010

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from a federal investigation department. However, he wouldn't even tell me what company he was with until the third phone call. Ronnie black [protected] was this man's name. Thick indian accent. Called me at work, asked to speak to me, and then spouted off all my personal info. Also, left my info on my work voicemail... Hello! He threatened my ss# was now blocked by the us govt, however i'm trying to find how that is even possible. I have no documentation of this, and mr. Black refused to even send me an email until I pay him. Seriously? I wouldn't even confirm he had the correct or incorrect ss#. He then proceeded to tell me he "knows where I live" and "where I work"... I said "great, then you should have no problem getting me the documentation", and hung up! What can I do?

• Me
    meintx1274 Aug 01, 2010

This is a fraud!!! They called me on 3 seperate occasions cashnet had a block of info stolen from them --- would have been nice if they would have told people huh!!! Call the federal trade commision and turn in a complaint let them know you were not informed of the information being stolen. Also call your attorney genral they will keep calling from differnet numbers they will even call your personal references to thereaten them . It is a bad problem and they are pretty much untouchable!! Cash net is responsible for it i would really like to sue them!!! And I'm not one that would usually do that!!! Tell them the call is being recorded and do so if you can if they leave you a voice mail save it.

• Ka
    kahlil Sep 14, 2010

I received the same call but this guys said his name was Ronnie Williams and another Jack Smith and they all had really thick Indian accents. If you have figured out who to contact please let me know because everything you described that he told you, he also told me the exact things. Please...if you can reply and let me know what or who to contact. I checked my bank statements and my bank assured me that Cashnet has never deposited any amount of cash that they are now trying to collect from me!!!

• Mr
    Mrs.TELH Oct 22, 2010

This is so true! I believe we should start a class action suit against them. Mr. Smith told me I had a warrant for my arrest. I was to report to the criminal courts in my city.. I asked what city do I stay in? He told me I had an attitude and he just wanted to help. Just for me 2 pay the 3200.00. I replied if I borrowed that kind of money I would be riding a bike to work I'd be in a car! He got mad & hung up. Now, they call my cell phone & at work. I've had enough. It's time for action.

• Sc
    scammerswillgetcaught Jul 12, 2011

has anyone been able to locate these people? They have called my job repeatedly for about 1 month with threats and have hung up on my co-workers and have often left messages yelling and telling me I have committed a crime and will be arrested. I have told them I could not talk to them at work and to call me at home. Unknowingly, I finally told them I would set up arrangements for payments and they asked me to give them my debit card# or cc#. I told them I don't have either so then they said go to Walmart and buy a money card..wow! By then, I figured this was a SCAM! Good thing I did not give them any info!But they still call me at work at all hours of the day 6:30am and late evening. They always have a thick middle eastern accent and have "john doe " names like Paul Smith etc. I am checking to find out how to trace these calls..has anyone else had any luck?

• Gu
    guardiangod Jul 13, 2011

Just lie to them they r scam lie to them that u have a lawyer and give ur friends name and number and inform ur friend that he or she should pretend to be an attorney that's lawyer =D and thats it they wont call again trust me it works my For more info contact ------ < [protected]@gmail.com>