Cash4Golddeceptive advertising!

We decided to use Cash4Gold after reading the great references cited on their website. We were going to sell our jewelry on craigslist.com but thought this sounded like a more effective way to maximize our profits. WHAT A JOKE! I finally received my check after weeks and weeks of waiting with no word and no confirmation that they even received my jewelry -- I feared it was gone for good. It might as well be lost! For a 14K gold bracelet that I was offered $75, $85, and $90 for on craigslist I received a whopping $4.73! I felt instantly sick and feared the worst.

For some small diamonds that they took our of a ring they paid me $0.21. Yes, that is twenty-one cents. Add in a 14k ring and pair of earrings and my total windfall was $7.51. I feel like I've been sucker punched and just hope someone reads this and saves themself the time, energy and agony of going through this process.

This is a scam people. I don't how they got Forbes and the BBB to endorse them -- perhaps they did a few good deals at first to get the recognition but now they are nothing but thieves.

• Mi
    Michelle Jun 08, 2016

Cash4Gold - Turn Your Unwanted Jewelry into Cash!

Just received a spam email from this company. Beware - these companies will scam you out of your money and jewelry!

Jacquelyn Coleman Jun 08, 2016

I was scammed out of my jewelry ! I sent gold watches, rings and even old 50cents kennedy pieces and all I got was 1.33cents.I wish that I had never even listened to to ad.Keer your jewelery or take it to a pawn shop.I even sent the check back and was told 12 dayes too late.

• Ke
    Kelly Jun 08, 2016

I just saw the commercial on TV and I was wondering why I knew the man in the ad. I just came off of a cruise recently and he was actually the cruise director for Royal Carribean Cruises. I wonder if cash4gold is affiliated with diamonds international -- a company that Royal Carribean cruiseline highly recommends!!

• Co
    Court Jun 08, 2016

Like everyone here, I have old gold & silver and decided to give CASH4GOLD a shot. Boy did I get taken!! I sent them ALOT of my old gold and silver (enough to fill their bag they give you). Thinking I was going to get at least $100 for it all, I was excited. When I finally got the check, it was a mere $1.13. Thats it. I was shocked to say the least. I immedately emailed them & told them that I was not at all satisfied & that I wanted my jewelry back now, and if I didn't get it back that Iw as going to contact a lawyer. Well after a month of not hearing from them, I finally got my jewelry back today. Story over right? Nope. Not even close. When I looked over my jewelry, I was appauld. I had missing parts & some of my jewelry was broken! Some of my silver is even tarnished!! I am SO furious! I should've listened to my gut & took my jewelry to the pawn shop. I DO NOT recommend these thieves to anyone!! They are the BIGGEST RIP-OFF EVER!!

• Au
    Auspecious Jun 08, 2016

On 8/20/08 I sent my package to Cash4Gold, and after several weeks they imformed me they never received my package. I was also told they would send me $100.00 in place of my jewerly . Which was worth about $1, 000.00.
    I researched Cash4Gold before even thinking about sending my jewerly, and all the imformation I received was positive. But with the mail and everything being sent registered, my package was or is lost. It had a return address, and it was their official envelope. It's just too hard to believe that my package was or is lost.
    I really have been ripped off, big time. NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Au
    august11987 Jun 08, 2016

I also sent package and they claim they never received it after 6 weeks and sent me a check for $100.00. I had the receipts still and it was well over $1000.00 value for all the items but that is the amount they sent me. DO NOT SEND THEM ANYTHING! THEY ARE SCAMS! AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS I WOULD NEVER USE THEM! I learned a lesson and will just go to my local jeweler for now on!

Sondra Jordan Jun 08, 2016

Even before I sent my jewelry to cash4gold, my son said those people that are on late at night that tell you how much they got for their gold are paid and not to send it in. I tried calling their toll free number and they kept saying that I was 3rd on the list, time after time after time. I had some nice pieces that I no longer wear, but after hearing all the complaints, I am sorry to hear I will probably get nothing from them and the toll free number is never available, purposely. I am also sorry that I didn't try a pawn shop. Fool me once shame on them; fool me twice shame on me.

Janice Hemphill Jun 08, 2016

I also sent my envelope in 12 days ago and they do not show that it's been received - what a joke! On me!
    I should have waited and taken it to a local jewelry store ...

• Jj
    JJCH Jun 08, 2016

Please, DO NOT send your jewelry to this company! We sent in (5) 14k yellow gold necklaces, (3) 14k yellow gold bracelets, (2) sterling silver bracelets and (1) 14k yellow gold butterfly ring with 4 diamond chips in it.

We recieved a check for $9.07!

I promptly called the company and told them I was sending the check back the next day and to not process our material. I also expressed how disgusted I was disgusted that they would rip off a consumer like this!

It took three weeks to get our jewelry back, but it all came back and was intact.

We still have the receipts for this jewelry, believe it or not, The total dollar amount for the total 11 pieces of jewelry is $1, 842.00...

They were going to pay us $9.07??? Are you kidding me??? After reading other [redacted]s on this site, we feel lucky we got our jewelry back...

Don't do business with this company, they are just out to insult consumers and make a killing from your loss.

• AuntieSpamming Feb 23, 2012

The only prince you'd be dear is one with four legs. Here Prince! C'mon Prince! Wanna go for a ride in the car? Who's a good doggie?

You have that piquante, somewhat sour smell of a scammer, Prince dear.

Have one of Auntie's special cookies. They're tasty and chock full of iron! :)

• Pr
    Prince Osei Mensah May 30, 2011

Attn:

Sir,
    Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE/WARNING TO BUYERS OF GOLD FROM GHANA.

It is my pleasure to firstly introduce myself to you; I am Prince Osei
    Mensah, a paramount Chief, and incharge of precious minerals related issues to the
    (Ashanti Royal Kingdom of Ghana) that represent all small and large scale miners of gold within our locality, in-view to menace the activities of fake seller/buyer of Gold because of reports receives by the Royal Kingdom being the Communities Traditional Head. we are mandated to pass across this important warning notice to you foreigners dealing on Gold products for safety and precaution.

We the Council of Chiefs were legally assigned to put to stop all the activities of fraudster within our system to helps foreigners overcome their hurdles of locating suitable transaction partners when buying Gold from Ghana, because lots of things has been heard but the blame is on Foreigners knowing fully well the LME prices but prefer going for cheaper offer and finally became a victim of scam they will never send any gold only collect money from you.

We want buyers to take note that 90% offer posted online are not from genuine sellers and if you have any gold transaction at hand you are advised to stop furthering wait until we investigate the seller but if you insist bear in mind you will never on this earth received a kilo of gold after they will extorted money from you.

These bunch of criminals are seriously denting our Country good image and reputations as you all knows Ghana is a gateway to Africa and most of them are not Ghanians but only resides in our capital city, ACCRA, busy sending cheap offers online and direct to overseas buyers with various duplicate documents of an existing mining Company using this medium to dupe people their hard worked money in pretense and at last the gold negotiated for will not be supplied, so please do not be tricked by their cheap offer to you, no matter however cheapest it appear to be, because you will not get even a kilo at end of your transaction.

I've been in this commodity business for over 27 years, and have seen it all. The industry has ethical blue chip buyers and ethical blue chip sellers, all whose word is their bond, the rest are just bottom feeders.

We all know digging out a kilo of gold is not easy and buyer should first understand the right procedure of buying these gold in question, because no seller would agreed verbally to send his precious minerals that took him live and dead to get without proper agreement and commitment and Buyer and the Seller must meet face to face either buying on CIF or FOB to inspect the purity of goods first.

No seller will send out his Gold without shaking hands with buyer knowing who are the buyer and his capacity to pay, in business there is always negotiation on the table between 2 parties.

To the nutshell, we are to work with serious buyers ready to buy Gold from Ghana and you must surely get it genuinely with our involvement because we are governing the entire Communities miners having many hectare of concession, inherited by their grandfathers and they have managed to dig out some qauntities of Gold gathered within the year, though, on collective effort and some are kept inside a Bank for security reason.

We shall help any serious buyer with his/her gold business transaction and also assist make the entire necessary inquiry for the shipment through a legal procedure in collaboration with the Ministry in charged of Precious Minerals Mining in Ghana.

Do not hesitate to get back to us as soon as possible for us to give
    you more directive on how you can get gold product from Ghana even if you are not prepared to buy it now but for your future transaction.

Yours Sincerely

Prince Osei Mensah
    The protocol Officer
    Email: [email protected]
    +233 [protected]

• AuntieSpamming Oct 29, 2010

Auntie has always found their ads questionable at best. Here's a quite from one, "We're traded on one of the biggest stock markets so you know our reputation is a good one!" or some such nonsense like that.

In Auntie's long life experience, there's a greater chance a company is evil *if* it is publicly traded. At that point, the executives are more interested in serving the interests of the shareholders rather than those of the customers -- the ones from whom they earn their profits (a portion of which is paid to the shareholders as dividends).

[Auntie goes back to baking a batch of her "Special" Cookies for spammers and shady corporate owners. It's so nice the scrap metal company on the other side of town are happy to provide Auntie with sharp metal bits at such reasonable prices!]

• Lo
    lori christensen Oct 29, 2010

last fall i sent u some old jewelry, and never got my gold back or any cash i think u guys are a fraud. my old address is 876 -A kube st. quesnel B C.and my phone number was [protected]. my new address is 1051- #110 Abbott dr. Quesnel B C . and my new number is [protected]. i lost my serial number. but i'am sure u can track. it some other way. i'am not in pressed at all with the way u do bussiness. i want my jewelry back or some kind of restatuitions for it. or u will be hearing from my lawyer.

harrisjones1780 Oct 29, 2010

hi sandra here,
    I sent in 2 10k gold figero chains that i weighed and calculated the market value myself which came between 216.19 and 228.00. i asked for an appraisal for the items when they got there. they never called to give me an appraisal, they just sent me a check for 17.30. the paystub says 1 10k and 1 sterling. thats probably because white gold looks like silver. shows they did'nt apraise it, bs. i want my jewlery back or full value!

i have gotten riped-off for money and jewlery.

harrisjones1780 Oct 29, 2010

hi sandra here,
    I sent my jewelry, luckily I use UPS and was able to track my package and they could not say they did'nt receive it. Argued with several people before they would agree they had my package. Then I refused to accept that they would call me about my jewelry. I insisted they transfer me to who had my jewelry. She was able to describe my things.

I demanded that they send my things back. She gave me a quote of 80 dollars much less than all of my things are worth. She said some of my jewelry was 12 karat and some was gold-filled - No it is not. She is sending my things back UPS and I made her give me a tracking number.

If anyone else wants their jewelry back I suggest you keep calling- I called every five minutes until I was satisfied. Don't let them tell you lies and say they will get back to you. Keep calling and say you will sue them. They have your things even if they say they have'nt received them. Be persistent. I hope they get shut down soon.

• Du
    duped in missouri Aug 03, 2010

I contacted Cash4Gold and received their mailing pouch back in April, 2010. I got a C4G number and a USPS tracking number. After waiting nearly a month, I made several calls to Cash4Gold, only to have them tell me they had never received my merchandise. They told me it had obviously been lost. I contacted the Postal Service and they were also unable to track my package. I was promised a $50 bonus, plus the value of the jewelry I had sent which included a gold charm bracelet with at least 15 charms that were 14-24K pure gold. I needed the money, but I really got DUPED by this company!! BEWARE!!

mary l. Jun 27, 2010

i was ripoff by cash 4gold claim they never got my package is there something you can do scam scam scam houston tx

• Gu
    Guyster7148 May 22, 2010

Mandie, you are not reading ALL of the complaints to the fullest... I sent in 2 rings that I did not care for, they sent a check for $46.00. I called and told them to send back the jewelry as I was to return the check, and to do so when they got the check back. They then upped the check to $150.00, I also said no, then they said, well, how about $225.00. A pawn shop offered me $200, so, I took the $225. What blows my mind is that folks are sitting by and not getting a little upset at the initial check. I mean, come on, if they wanted to offer the appropriate amount, which was in the ballpark of the 200, then WHY did't they just PAY that amount and not dick with me on the amount. DO NOT pull this crap about buyer-be-aware, this is a scam and a bust and they know it, do not pile on all this dog crap telling us all your sob little RULES of the company, I would HOPE that all people read that gems are NOT paid for and would NOT be appraised and paid for, but then again, we do have a lot of ding dongs out there. But, really now, they went from 46 to 225?????? nope, smells fishy and ROTTEN fishy at that!!! BAD gold4you!!!

Mandie1980 May 21, 2010

I JUST THOUGHT THE IGNORANT [censor]S ON HERE COMPLAINING SHOULD HAVE READ THIS BEFORE THEY SENT IN THEIR GOLD...NEXT TIME KIDS, HAVE YOUR MOM EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW COMPANIES LIKE THESE WORK, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU RETAIL, OR APPRAISAL VALUE FOR YOUR JEWELS...AND THEY WANT TO BUY GOLD...NOT DIAMONDS YOU [censor]! THEY WEIGH EVERYTHING, AND PAY YOU BY THE WEIGHT.

What You Should Know About Your Gold

So you’ve decided to send your jewelry to Cash4Gold. Here are a few things to keep in mind when setting expectations for payment:
    1) Cash4Gold payments don’t reflect retail value.

• The price paid for a piece of jewelry in a store does not equal the actual value of the gold it contains
    • Retailers mark up prices by three, 10 and even 20 times their actual worth
    • Even the price of a piece of jewelry bought on sale from a retailer is usually far more than the intrinsic value of the metal
    2) Insurance appraisals are for “retail replacement value.”

• An insurance appraisal of your jewelry does not equal the value of the gold
    • Insurance appraisals set the cost to replace a lost or stolen piece at retail value
    • The fine print of most insurance appraisals say, “Not an offer to buy”
    3) Jewelers use appraisals as marketing tools.

• Jewelers may offer more for your items, but that may be for trade-in only
    • You would be getting “more” for your jewelry, but only in exchange for another item marked up by the seller
    4) The Estate Buyer bases payment on condition and spot price.

• The Estate Buyer is a division of Cash4Gold that purchases fine jewelry for resale
    • While value is more than the value of the gold contained in an item, the value of these items does erode
    • The condition of the jewelry is important
    • The Estate Buyer will sell your jewelry and give you a percentage
    5) Do not trust the engraving.

• Cash4Gold uses state-of-the art machines to test all gold we receive
    • The engravings found on most jewelry indicate its karat – or gold purity level
    • Not all engravings are correct
    • Most countries do not enforce laws requiring that these engravings be accurate
    • Most countries do not require an independent third party to verify jewelry’s gold content
    • Some dealers intentionally stamp jewelry incorrectly to misrepresent the quality and to make customers think they are getting a good deal

• Cp
    c.portillo May 10, 2010

I was also scamed by EZ sell GOLD.Com.They kept my gold and told me it will cost me 20.00 for shipping and handling to get it back. well I got none of my things back worth 1, 000.00 nor the 20.00 check back.Shame on Steve wilkos for promoting these theives.I feel like a fool.Im also spreading the word people beware.This company change it's name and write their own good reviews.When people are on to them they change the name of the company.I would like to send that company a packaged suprise.

• Cp
    c.portillo May 10, 2010

I sent my gold to EZ sell gold.com and they ripped me off big time.Keep my things and would not answer my calls.

SolarGoddess Apr 18, 2010

I must disagree with this forum, in general.

Why would anyone in their right mind send their gold and diamonds off in the mail to be judged by people somewhere far away? They can always claim the package never made it to them and keep all of your valuables.

But the point I'd like to make is why this company is in business at all.

Have we already forgotten the last time the economy was in trouble? The first thing Franklin Roosevelt did (the day after he was elected) was to declare a bank holiday and began confiscating all the gold the people had.

You can read the rest of what happened HERE: http://tinyurl.com/y9juvwd

• Fr
    Freaky Bitch Apr 07, 2010

I live in Birmingham, UK. I recently sent some gold items to Cash4Gold and requested a valuation. They offered me just over £78. Knowing that a local jeweller was offering £7 a gram for 9 carat gold, and knowing that my gold weighed more than 11 grams, I declined the offer. They then offered me £102. I asked for the gold to be returned, and received it about a week later.
    I then took it to a jeweller in town and was told that the two old wedding rings alone were worth £67, due to the fact that they were 22 carat!
    I came away a happy woman after receiving £278!
    So be warned... all that glisters...!
    Jackie

Hardwyre Mar 24, 2010

I ran up my own little test of Cash4Gold after an article on Cockeyed.com
    Here's my blog post about it: http://hardwyre.blogspot.com/2010/01/why-you-should-avoid-cash4gold.html

• Jk
    JK69 Mar 05, 2010

ALSO I SEND MY GOLD AND SILVER WORTH OVER ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THE "GOLDFELLOW" OFFERED ME $134.00 DOLLARS IS WAY RIPPED OFF AND I LAUGHED SO HARD ON THE FLOOR AND TOLD THEM TO RETURN THE ITEMS BACK TO ME PERIOD!!!

• Ad
    Adelaida Feb 24, 2010

Eight weeks ago i mailed jewelry to cash4gold and i still have not received payment for my gold and silver jewelry. I called their customer service number on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 to complain and the representative I talked with said a check had been mailed out a while ago. I told her I had not received it and she then told me the amount of the check and that she would submit a request that another check be issued and mailed out. I still have not received that second check. Basically, they stole from me and I am very upset. I needed that money to make payments for my husband's therapy, he was in Afghanistan and is having some problems. They have put me through unnecessary emotional distress, I have enough to worry about with my husband and now my jewelry was basically stolen.

maria volikas Jan 22, 2010

sent them scrap gold ect..along w / a pocket watch that was a family heirloom and worth money...the package was sent back w/ the scrap gold and and a note saying there was nothing worth value, , upon inspection of the package, i discover the pocket watch was not in the package, , , i called and emailed, , there response was very short and basically stated to get a lawyer to prove it...this is an awful way to treat people...

Socalalan Jan 14, 2010

As an update to my posting of yesterday; today I went to a local jeweler and received $1350.00 for the stuff I mentioned in my previous posting.

Socalalan Jan 13, 2010

Thank you everyone (for even the illiterate and profane comments). I was just about ready to send a heavy gold bracelet, gold necklace with a large ornate gold cross, and two gold and diamond rings to Cash4gold. After reading these comments I'll wait and go to a Jewelry store with my items. Thanks again.

• Re
    redhead1825 Jan 11, 2010

was sent a packet with information about how well the company was and they pay out the most for gold (necklaces, bracelets and rings plus a watch). all the stuff was worth over $1500.00 i recieved a check for get this $4.75 that was all my valubales were worth to them. i recently sent a e-mail to the company letting them know that i was not satisfied with the amount the check sent to me was for. i explained that i would be contacting y attorney if i did not recieve a e-mail back with a tracking number for the return of my property and so far i havenot recieved it. so please DO NOT send anything to this company you will not get much for your jewlery. cash4gold is a fruad and they rip off innocent people of their property.

sangria Dec 29, 2009

Way to go Carrie !!!
    Cash4gold president Howard Mofshin phone:
    [protected] ext. 109

• Be
    bebesanchi Dec 29, 2009

He is the rpesident, would he really not know what is going on with his company?? Hm...doubt it. I am not and never been a consumer, but it's sad for those people who got ripped off

• Ti
    TimJohnson Dec 15, 2009

AugustusGold.com is another scam site. I sent them gold in November and got nothing but an email claiming they had cash flow problems and would pay in a month or so. This is for a company that promises 24 hour processing and payment.

They never answer the phone. The mailing address is a UPS store. Stay away from these crooks.

• Ca
    Carrie Dec 09, 2009

I have some information on Cash4gold I think you people on the board might find useful:
    the private office telephone number for Cash4gold president Howard Mofshin is
    [protected] ext. 109
    This is his direct office number, and as company president, I believe consumers should be able to voice their concerns directly to HIM! Good luck everyone, let us all know what HE says about his company exects ripping off consumers...

• Pe
    Pegness Dec 05, 2009

I sent them jewelry and got a check back for $104.00 I laughed and called them and told them to send my jewelry back. They then offered to give my jewelry to another person to evaluate. I said "no", I'm done. They said they would return my jewelry once they received the check back. I sent the check back that day and I waited three weeks to get my jewely back. I then took it to a jeweler and he gave me $478.00 for the same stuff.

They should be put out of business. Don't anyone send them another piece of jewelry.

• Pe
    Pegness Dec 05, 2009

I sent them jewelry and got a check for $104.00. I had in the bag a 22 carat gold neclace with small charm and some other items. After 3 weeks of waiting to get my jewelry back, I went to my regular jeweler and he gave me $178. just for 22 carat stuff. The other items I got $250 for.

I received $428.00 for all the jewelry I sent to Cash4Gold that they wanted to pay me $104.00 for.

They should be put out of business. Please don't anyone send them their jewelry

JOHN101010 Dec 01, 2009

has anyone invetigated to find out why jewlery shops can and do up the true price of an item just by the art up to 700% the actual value...maybe you are getting ripped by your jewlery shop before you 2000 for an item that is only 10k wich is only 41% pure gold...NOW THINK OF IT YOUR RING WEIGHTS 2.5G AND ITS 10K SAY THE PAY ITS 10.00 PER GRAM DO THE MATH 48% OF 2.5G ITS JUST AROUND 1.2G SO OBVIOUSLY ONLY GOING TO GET PAID AROUN 10-11 DOLLARS...NOW WHO IS SCAMMING THE JEWLERY OR THE REFINERY...LETS PUT BRAINS INTO THE SITUATION..YOU PAY 2, 000 DOLLARS FOR 1.5 GRAMS OF GOLD FROM THE JEWLERY SHOP...JUST THINK OR DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT AGAIN...

• Su
    suzic Nov 30, 2009

I sent them a watch worth 525.00 and they sent me a check for .99. I called them and told them that I wasn't happy and to send my jewelry back. they said ok but then a couple of days later they called me and told me that my watch accidentally got sent to the refiner and it was no longer available. It was plenty of time before it was suppose to be sent. I was very upset. They asked what would make me satisfied and I said 150.00 and they said that they couldn't send that much so they said that they would send me 75.00 dollars. They know when the item is worth a lot and they send you a little and make excuses why they can't send it back then your stuck without your jewelry. Don't do business with them if you want to get cheated.
    sue from Ohio

• Th
    The pope Nov 18, 2009

CASH4GOLD IS A SCAM!!
    I Wish I'd done some research prior to sending in my Gold Jewerly worth $1700.00. CASH4Gold sent me a check for $600 dollars (that included the 25% bonus!) I was outraged and sent back their check. I found a an estate dealer NYCs Diamond district (NY Estate Buyers 67 w47 Street, NY, NY [protected]). Very fair Man & business. He appraised my jewerly and handed me $1600+ in cash on the spot! (process took 45 mins.) NO hassels. No waiting for days! No Haggling. He takes about 1% profit on his transactions. Far better average than cash4Gold who took 90% profit. I highly recommend NY Estate Buyers of 47th St., NY, NYC.

HateJersyLady Oct 24, 2009

Anyone who would use a company with that lady with the nasty Jersey accent saying I sent in the ring from my first marriage" is crazy. Gawn her voice makes me run screaming. She must be related to a high up in the company to get a job on a national commercial with that voice.