Carports.comAwful Experience

J

Their website says delivery in 2 to 4 weeks. They will lie to you. I ordered a garage from them 10 weeks ago, march 28, 2006, with a 10% deposit. 6 weeks later, it was installed on 5/13/2006, a day late, and without installing the 10x8 foot garage door. When i called them on friday, may 12, the day it was supposed to be delivered, and they said they were running late, i asked if that meant they would be there saturday. The reply was "i'll call you and let you know." they didn't call and since they close at 4 pm on friday and are not open weekends, i couldn't contact them. I live 4 1/2 hours away from this property. They did show up saturday but said they couldn't install the garage door because a bracket was missing. What good is a garage without the door? The installer said they might install the door monday, may 15. The garage was constructed using 14 gage frame, and i had specified over and over to both companies that i wanted 12 gage. 4 weeks later, they have yet to install the door, because they don't have anybody going up that way.

Today is june 9, 2006, and they are supposed to be up next week to resolve this. I've heard this crap before. They are supposed to call me this weekend, according to gabriel ortalaza at carports.com. This is a lie because i know carolina carports is closed on the weekends. My advice is stay away from these businesses, unless you like to wait and wait and wait and be lied to.

June 10, my neighbor in indiana calls me to inform me that my atv was stolen from the garage. The atv was double chained into 30 inches of concrete in the ground, inside the building.

June 12, 2006, gabriel ortalaza from carports.com emails me. He is very sorry my atv got stolen from the garage, but it is not his fault and that i will receive a call this week about installing the door.

Today is june19, 2006, no call from carolina carports.

June 22, 2006, we are now at 12 weeks after i ordered building and after almost 6 weeks with no door on it. Brenda, from carolina carports mississippi office, calls to ask if my carport has been repaired yet. She tells me it will be done tuesday, june 27, but i must give her directions again on how to get there. I can't email it, because they have no computers there. I told her the directions.

June 27, 6:15 pm javier(i don't know his real name because he doesn't speak english very well, so i will call him javier) calls to tell me he is there to put up door. Hoooorah

June 29, i call javier to confirm the door is installed. He says yes, door is up, send check to company. The balance is to be paid when the job is finished.

July 1, 4 pm my neighbor calls and asks if i had been down to the property. He is standing inside my building and there are tire tracks in the driveway. I said it was probably the guys installing the door. He tells me the door is still lying on the floor not installed.

July 1, 4:30 pm i call javier and ask why he told me the door was installed if it wasn't. He said he had no generator that day and the road was closed. Liar liar. If he didn't have a generator, why did he show up at all? The original contract stated they would need one. They need one to put the building up. It is now 7 weeks since the building was put up and it still has no 10x8 foot door.