CarMaxsold me a lemon

K

NEVER BUY A CAR FROM THIS PLACE!

They sold me a 06' Chevy Colorado with 36k miles on it 2 weeks ago and it has been in the shop on 3 different occassions since! The truck cut off on me twice going down the road, and one of those times I was on the interstate! SOMEONE COULD'VE BEEN KILLED! The best part is they won't give me my money back since it has been past 5 days even though I've only been able to drive the car about 3 days out of 2 weeks. Please don't make the mistake I did by not researching this place and now I'm stuck with a $16, 000 truck that won't run! You will see there are numerous complaints about Carmax on the web

• Valerie May 01, 2008

Sold me a lemon, did not want to give me a break on another car, do not return phone calls! Do not buy a car from this place! A bunch of liars. This place needs to shut down. And I will be taking legal action, what a way to run a company, I will tell everyone I know not to buy a car from this place.

• Mg
    mgreene323 Jan 11, 2010

They suck - took a 2004 Mercedes C-230 in for trade. Kelley Blue Book for good condition was $9750 - they offered us $7000. Total joke - they said it was because they could not get much for the car on resale. Yet when I went on the lotm they had the exact same car for sale for $13, 500 and it had 14K more miles. I will never do business with these liars and cheats again.

• Br
    BRogers Jan 06, 2011

Purchased a car from Carmax. Tried to pay registration and found out that license plate does not match the car VIN. Unable to pay registration. Car towed by LAPD. Not able to get car returned until car registration paid, unable to pay car registration until Carmax rectifies problem. Carmax not returning calls or emails. Unable to get my car. -BRogers

• Ca
    Carman90 Apr 25, 2015

This is a known Chevy issue, if you head to Carmax or a Chevy dealer tell them that there is an issue with the negative cable off of the battery, I've seen this issue 10 times this year. The trouble is that it is intermittent and will not throw a code when it happens so if you take it in to a shop they will have no idea where to start if they cannot duplicate the concern. Good luck man!