Caribbean Cruise LinesFRAUD

First let me say I own a timeshare. Yes, I love it. It's been great for my family. No it's never been a rip off. When I purchased my timeshare last year I got a "Free cruise". I signed up for my "Free cruise" in February. I knew I had to pay port charges. I knew I had to pay certain fees onboard the ship. In fact, I worked on cruiseships in the past so I knew the deal. When I called Caribbean Cruise Line to redeem my cruise they tried hard to upsell. They wanted me to rent a car- no I was driving. They wanted me to stay in their hotel- no I was staying at my timeshare. They wanted me to upgrade so that I could have a balcony, mini-bar, and queen bed for my husband and I to FINALLY share some time without the kids. YES I WANTED THAT so I paid the 99 extra. We were travelling to Nassau. YEA. I love Nassau. In March I get a letter that all of a suddden the ship is actually going to Grand Bahama. Um, that's FREEPORT which is basically a lump of coral in the middle of the ocean with one hotel on it. OK, I figure that's alright, we love to snorkel, fish, etc so we will do it. Then we get to the ship and we have BUNK BEDS. TWIN BUNK BEDS. Our "mini-bar" consisted of two bottles of water that we had to pay 3.45 each for. My husband and I went out to the terminal and spoke with "Mr Tillman" who said there was nothing he could do, as the ship was sold out. So we had to sleep in bunkbeds on the first vacation my husband and i have had without the kids in 2 years.

Yes, we paid for the snorkel trip of 75 bucks each, yes, we booked two massages of 75 bucks each, yes, we booked two pedicures of 40 bucks each, yes we paid to go to the "Cove" restaurant for $25 bucks each where there is supposed to be a dress code, excellent service, and good food (the latter 2 were correct- the dress code was not enforced). Yes, we bought two bottles of wine for $80 in total. Yes, they tax everything 15 percent for gratuity automatically. No problem with that. In total we spent $741 onboard the ship. FIne.

I have a problem with the "Upgrade" which was not an upgrade. I have a problem with going to Freeport when I had already paid for Nassau. I have a problem with Caribbean Cruise Lines, not the ship Bahama Celebration. They sell you LIES.

When I called Caribbean Cruise Line immediately after the cruise to complain I was transferred twice to "Customer SErvice". "JOan" in customer service told me that no one gets a mini-bar and that I was told I would be in bunkbeds. WHAT? I'm not a ###. When I asked her to check who that was who supposedly called me in May to confirm that we were in bunkbeds she would not do it. She kept saying "But how was the food". I said that I'm 120 lbs and food isn't the center of my life. She said "Did you have the smoked salmon?" I said "No, there was no salmon" then she started saying how she had the smoked salmon everyday. I said, "Joan, please don't change the point, everything else being the same I paid extra to be in a bed with my husband and you did not give me that". Then Joan said "Have you talked to compliance"? I said "Joan, I am in the parking lot of the cruiseship parking now. No, I haven't talked to anyone, that's why I'm calling you!" She said there was nothing she could do and gave me an address to write the compliance department. If you think I'm kidding about any of this, please see the pics. NEVER EVER EVER EVER book with Caribbean Cruise Line.

FRAUD
FRAUD

• Jk
    jknowler Jul 12, 2010

I am so glad I did not pay the airfare - $1500 to Flroida (would of been out that also) to on this trip. I just hope I can get my money back. Better business complaint has been filed. Oh, and check out their BBB rating. A glroious "F".

• Do
    Doctor Detroit Nov 30, 2010

I made the same mistake in purchasing this so called vacation. They took me for $620. They (CCL) said several thing that are fraudlent and misleading. Changed my so vacation iternirary without any advanced notice. Be very careful about even thinking about this scam vacation; they are predators working out of "boiler" room. Kind of like the Maffia's "Pump & Dump" scheme. Why lose good money after bad? I was an idiot; There is no free lunch unless you work on Wall Street and get a federal bailout!

• Ca
    Caribbean Cl Jun 06, 2013

Hi everyone, extensive research went into this website - www.thecaribbeancruisescam.com
    If you got scammed this site will help you get a refund or if you would like to see how big the scam really is please visit. Don't forget to file complaints. Revisit tripadvisor- reports of bed bugs. So gross. See pictures at tripadvisor site and do your research. From what I gather booking the Bahamas Celebration directly is the best bet for a quick getaway but the timeshare mix is a nightmare.

• Ju
    Julie Jurgensen Aug 08, 2013

We booked this vacation 6 months ago and now they are changing everything. they changed our flight our reservations and are not willing to refund anything. SCAM. I am hiring a lawyer. Do not book with this company