Caracol Creamfraud!! class action lawsuit (join me!)

K

I am facing the same problems everyone on this complaint board has experienced, however I am not going to sit back and let this fraudulent company get away with their scam!!

For those of you have been scammed by caracol cream, please email me and join me as I file a class action lawsuit against them!!

Bad business practices/false advertising/not 100% risk free as stated
#1 - no cancellation policy is placed on their web site anywhere

#2 - even if you cancel, right after pressing the order button... They do not cancel your order. Instead, they tell you that they have billed your card for $59.95 + shipping. (what happened to the 14 day trial offer?)

#3 - they do not abide by the terms and conditions they came up with. "you will be billed the super low price of $59.95 at the end of your 14-day trial period.." I was told that I have already been billed!!

#4 - what 14 day trial if you don't receive the product until 30 days from the order date??

Here's what I received via email after I cancelled the order the same day I ordered the product. They say the product has been shipped... But ships 30 days after placing your initial order! So, when does the 14 day trial kick in??

Hi kim,

You have been removed from our preferred customer club and you will not be receiving any further shipments. As per the terms and conditions you agreed to before placing your order, your card has been charged the 25% discounted rate of $59.95 for your second month's supply of caracol cream that has already been shipped to you (ships 30 days after placing your initial order). If you wish to return this shipment for a refund please contact me back for full instructions.

Ladies!!! We need to file a claim against caracol cream and put this shady business out of business!!

Please send me an email to join my list of consumers that have been scammed by this company.

• Di
    Diane Sep 18, 2008

I agree with Kim. I was charged double and cannot get my money back or anyone to give me any service. What happens now.

• Ju
    Julie Surat Sep 22, 2008

I also was scammed by this company and am trying to cancel future deliveries and charges to by account. I just had my credit card number changed as suggested. Any futher advise would be appreciated.

MAIMOUNA Sep 28, 2008

NOW I DON'T FEEL LIKE JUST A BLIND SUCKER ALL ALONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. THIS COMPANY IS A CROOK. EVERY COMMENT IS SIMULAR TO WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH AND I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE SECOND ORDER SINCE THEY CLAIM THAT IT WAS SENT BEFORE I CALLED TO CANCEL SO FAR THEY HAVE CHARDED ME $59.95 PLUS $68.95. ON TOP OF ALL THIS IS THE HOURS I HAVE SPENT TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS. WE ALL KNOW TIME IS MONEY!

Samantha Edwards Sep 28, 2008

Wow, I was going to place complaint for another company when I noticed a link to the "Caracol Cream" complaints. One thing i'm not sure if everyone on here looking for a refund noticed is that if they email returns @ caracol-cream.com they will get their return instructions. I'll post mine here just to be a help to you all looking for these:

Caracol Cream
    5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy
    Unit 400
    Ontario, CA

I returned mine and within about 10 days I had a credit for the full $59.95 on my Visa. Now I don't know what everyone is compalinging about but I got the 14 day trial and i DID read the terms and conditions (make sure you do!). They do say how your going to be billed at the end of your trial...I knew that, but I still returned it for my refund. Maybe I'm missing something here? If you return it and they don't refund you that's one thing, but i returned it and got refunded. Did you ladies return it?

• Fl
    Flo Doss Sep 29, 2008

I ordered one jar of the Caracol Cream and returned the second with a letter telling them to cancel further ship-
    ments. I haven't received any more but I have two charges on my Visa although I told them not to use my Visa
    and to destroy my number on their records. I don't have the cream but the charges go on and I cannot seem to
    be able to contact them as I don't have an address or phone number for them. What can I do??

Samantha Edwards Oct 02, 2008

Hey to contact them all you have to do is email them at [email protected] or [email protected]
    I already posted the address at my top post.

Jason Oct 02, 2008

Hello,

My name is Jason and I would just like to let you know I am a senior representative of the company Caracol Cream. I sincerely appreciate your opinion on our company and I have no doubt in my mind that your experience with our company comes with adequate proof and background. I am not going to try and deny these allegations as I have come to realize through my own personal research, I am fully acknowledging our flaws and faults. I do realize that our customer service does have some crucial holes, those of which we are striving to replace for our past, present and future customers.

I want to take this opportunity and apologize for these unpleasant experiences with our company thus far, and offer my assistance in resolving any and all issues your currently have with our company. If you are in need of any assistance that you were unable to receive via our customer support team, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

I understand that many customers have felt betrayed by our insufficient customer support and I want to do justice to their complaints by fully addressing them myself personally.

I do understand you are probably very angry with our company, however I do want to point out that we are currently accepting the fact that there were mistakes done, and I feel the only thing reasonable to do is to right these wrongs.

• Ly
    Lynn Hare Oct 15, 2008

I too was charged and do not want the product as I did not sse any difference. I will be going to my bank tomorow and stopping any transactions so they will not get me again.

• Do
    dorothydesano Oct 16, 2008

I sent an e-mail complaing that my skin on face got red and itched. Telling co. tha t i didn't want anymore of their product. Just got my staement and they have put a jar on it and charged me for it! I DON'T WANRT YOUR PRODUCT AND WILL NOT KEEP IT WHEN IT COMES T O MY ADDDRESS. I AM NOT PAYING TO RETURN IT EITHER! SO SEND ME A RETURN LABEL RIGHT AWAY SO I CAN SEND YOU BACK YOUR TERRIBLE CREAM. DOROTHY DeSANO

Jann Cellura Oct 20, 2008

I have been charged twice for a cream that does not work. I have tried to contact the company and the number is disconnected. I even tried to contact the address of the offices, they were very rude and said they no longer take calls for Caracol Cream. I have reported them to my bank and I am making a fraud complaint. This company has links to reputable site and people need to be warned.

• So
    sophie roweton Jan 24, 2009

would like to join suit

• So
    sophie roweton Jan 24, 2009

want to join action

• De
    debbie Jan 27, 2009

I also have been a VICTIM of this company and their SCAMMING business ways.. I ordered my "14 Trial Order" on-line, reading all the terms and conditions thoroughly.
    In the initial 14 day trial it DOES state that you will have 14 DAYS "starting" from the ACTUAL day that you RECEIVE the product to cancel and return what product is left if you are not 100% happy with it.
    "ONE" week after receiving the product my bank card was charged another $59.95 fee for the next shipment ..
    My 14 day trial period had not even expired at this point.
    I also found the cream to be uneffective and disatisfactory.
    BUT before I could cancel within that 14 day TRIAL period I was billed AGAIN for another 59.95 for the next shipment.
    Calling the customer service number I was told there was nothing they could do about it until I returned the rest of what was left of the TRIAL JAR of the product and then at that point the company would refund the SECOND charge of $59.95.
    I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on by that customer service person.
    I called my bank and they stated that as soon as the charge came out of a "pending status" on my account that they, MY BANK, would then issue me a temporary credit for the 59.95 that this company had taken from my account illegaly.
    My bank is sending me some forms to fill out as a complaint against Caracol that I must fill out to explain my position.
    I have sent the TRIAL JAR of this product back to Caracol with a return receipt and PROOF of delivery request.

WORD to all of you out there...GO TO your Bank or Credit Card company and DISPUTE this charge with them if you can not resolve it directly with this FRAUDULANT Company called CARACOL..
    If this company gets enough "charge Backs" from there bank, their bank does not look highly at them when this happens over and over and it WILL raise the banks eyebrows or even the bank can and does have the option of closing their account with this company..

PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN THIS CLASS ACTION ALSO !!!
    DEBBIE MUENZEL

Marcus Jan 28, 2009

I received my refund immediately after they received the remainder of the product. I emailed Caracol Cream/support the UPS tracking number for the returned product, after I used the product for 7 days. I complained at first regarding their $59.95 withdrawal from my bank account. But I saw the refund in my bank account as soon as they received the remainder of the product. By their prompt refund they restored my faith in dealing with companies like this online.
    Marcus and Barbara

Marcus Jan 28, 2009

email contact (Caracol Cream/support as seen on their web page) was a great help in getting back my refund. They answered promptly when I emailed my complaint which was several times because of fear of being on their continued preferred costumer list. They immediately took me off their preferred customer list and told me via email they would refund my $59.95 once they received the remainder of their product. Which they did within the day that I began my complaints which was the same day that I noticed their withdrawal from my bank acct. The reason they refunded that day was because they received the product and acted promptly to make things right.
    Marcus and Barbara

• He
    heatherfici Feb 02, 2009

Jason,

Perhaps it would be a good idea to discontinue the 14 day trial of your product until your customer service issues have been adjusted. I am about to make a return myself and would like to know the process will go smoothly.

Fingers crossed that it does,

Heather

• Gb
    g.bergae Mar 26, 2009

Me too! Cancelled the credit card they fraudulently billed.

• Gb
    g.bergae Mar 26, 2009

Add me to the list

karen kephart Apr 23, 2009

hi kim thay did the samething to me and now im still trying to get my money back karen kephart email is [email protected]

karen kephart Apr 23, 2009

i would like my money

John Apr 27, 2009

Contacting the returns desk is easy. It was a simple process I must say. The company made things really easy for me. I don't know how everyone had so much trouble with this company. Make sure you read all small print. This is a good company with a good product. Unfortunatelyfor me, I couldn't afford it anymore.

• Ca
    Carole Grazioso May 26, 2009

I gave up trying to reach someone so I just kept the cream. Just finished the month supply and saw absolutely no improvement. The cream is so thin and feels like nothing when you use it that I felt this was probably just another scam. I'm all for putting their scam out of business.

• Je
    Jess Jun 05, 2009

Great product and the company itself operates like lots of online retailers. Its called a continuity program and I understand the charges. The product itself is good and I will continue to use it.
    Read the Terms and Conditions!

• Cl
    Claudia Michaels Jun 23, 2009

Put me on the list. I cant get any satisfaction from Caracol on my returned jar. I put a note in with the jar to cancel my subscription, but I still keep getting jars and billed for them. I agree, I got charged immediately for my first jar, no 14 day trial period, then got charged again for another jar before my 14 days was up. I didnt get the first jar, before I was charged for 2 jars. I have been billed for 3 jars and only received 2. And...I see no improvements in my skin. I am fixing to contact my credit card company and dispute 2 of the charges. My name: Claudia Michaels. Email: [email protected]

• Si
    sikaflp Aug 20, 2009

YES! YES! PUT ME ON THE LIST. I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW FRAUDULATE THIS COMPANY IS.

I am very upset and frustrated as all of you can read. I have the same experiences as most of you and can tell you that they did bill me prior to the the end of 14 day trial to my credit card and refused to give me a credit. I would love to make their lives miserable and would be happy to do anything to help.

I can not believe they can get away with automatically adding us on as a preferred customer Club member. If the product really work they would NOT need to depend on cheap scams.

here is the details of my specific situation:
    $4.95 Charged by Caracol Cream as the trial. CREDIT NOT GIVEN
    $59.95 Charged in December - without my authorization and
    permission and prior to 14 day trial completion. CREDIT NOT GIVEN,
    $68.90 Charged in January without authorization and permission (LESS $8.95 FOR S/H)
    CREDIT GIVEN - THANKS TO CREDIT CARD COMPANY

On Feb 9, 2009, at 5:00 PM, Caracol Cream Support Team wrote:

• Je
    Jesse Caracol CReam hater Sep 01, 2009

this is a scam, this is Jesse I will join in taking them down

Kaylene2222 Sep 01, 2009

What is your story Jesse Caracol CReam hater?
    We need to get our stories straight.

• Li
    lilouche Jan 29, 2010

Neither myself not my husband have never heard of this caracol cream untill the day we saw it on our credit card bill, the charge was made in may 21st 2009 for a free 14 day-trial at $4.95 under my husband's card, it is a fraudulent charge. We called our credit card company to inform them that this is a fraudulent charge, we filed a dispute online and was refunded the $4.95. we were so mad when we saw another charge on the following month bill of $59.95, we called again our credit card company reporting it as a fraud, we filed a dispute online again but this time for a higher charge ( $59.99) the money was refunded to our credit card. This is very frusturating!! that upsets us very much to know that the caracol cream charged our card without our authorisation, our credit card company didn't bother to cancel the card and send us a new one. Our case I believe is worse than anybodies else's because it is an unauthorized purchase and this is very serious. I feel the pain that all of you feel and hope that something will be done to put these people out of business.
    I would like to join the suit especially to find out who approved unauthorised draudulent purchases ( nothing was sent to my home address it was propabely sent to the "theif's" home address).
    Lila.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices