Canada PostService

M Apr 02, 2021

Hi.
I would like to file a complaint against the Post Office.
I am unable to wear a mask and have a doctor's note that says as much. I make sure that I am healthy and that my children are healthy, when entering any place of business.
On Wednesday of this week I went to get my mail as usual, and had my 4 and 1 year old with me. We were not wearing masks.
I was told (when I went to pick up a parcel) that I would have to call and pick up my mail behind the building. When I asked why, the lady stated that people over 5 needed to wear a mask.
I have informed this individual post mistress in the past that I have a medical exemption and according to her statement, both my children with me were fine for not wearing one.
Is her statement company policy?
I feel upset and angry that I am treated as a second rate person.
How am I supposed to mail parcels and letters? It is not always an option for someone else to pick up my mail for me, and I need to bring my children with me.
I want to continue picking up my mail and parcels, mailing stuff for my custermers etc in building as I have been. Not behind the post office.