camping and recreationcost and contract

W

My husband and I became members and paid all fees as required. My husband became ill in 2007 and was unable to work for some time. I worked two jobs so we could live. He passed away in May 2011. OAI did not care that I had lost my husband, the primary member, and was struggling to make ends meet. What money he left me was used to payoff our debts, these bottom feeders were paid the balance on the contract as well. I informed them that we had been paying and had not even been there in years! I also informed them that I was moving to Arkansas and would never be back to OAI again. They are now harassing me for membership dues for something I WILL NEVER USE!!! I am tapped out, unemployed, and a 1, 000 miles away and they want more money! I told them to send me a bill and leave me alone (I was not that nice about it either) Think very, very, VERY hard before signing a contract with this place and visit all of the locations first - the one in the Flint area is the nicer facility. The others are not much better than a State campground. I will figure out a way to pay them just so they will stop calling and asking for my husband, even tho they know he has passed they keep asking for him, they want a certified copy of his death certificate. I refuse to send them a certified copy of his death certificate, that would cost me more money as well, since I don't have any extra copies!!! JUST BEWARE!!!

• Mu
    Muhd Raizad Abu Hanipah Sep 10, 2018

kenapa line celcom sekarang macam sial ??!!! kalau upgrade apa-apa, bagitahu lah kimakkk !!! teruk nak mampos line korang nie !!! duit nak !!! line macam gampang !!! line dah 4G tapi macam sial !!!

Jackiediane Sep 21, 2013

I too purchased a new trailer and received my 21 nights free stay if I agree to hear the pitch. Saw the Davidson location and it was nice. The gent who showed us around was nice. Facilities looked good and fun. Back to the office was the hand off to the high but not unbearable pressure salesman. I asked to see the terms of the contract and he said "its just normal basic common sense stuff" But I asked again and he avoided it. I told him I cant "Invest" $8000 into somthing without trying it out and he turned cold in an instant. I asked if he had any references I could call. He said "no, we dont do that" He Insisted the best package had to be signed now or never. I again asked to see the contracts terms and conditions and he stood up and gave me a flyer and I asked if the terms/conditions were in that. He said "yup, thats all you will need, goodbye"

I wonder what the language of that contract is that it needs to be hidden. Beware EVERYONE!

• Me
    melissabab Jun 18, 2012

I worked for outdoor adventures for 9 summers at the West branch outdoor adventures. I loved meeting the members but I would agree think very long and hard before singing anything. They are not to great to work for either I loved my job but not the ethics that seem to be at a lot of parks. it may have changed some but i know alot of things that went on with managers and employee, s. I think lots of members think it is a scam, but i dont, for see them going out of business, but they should be reported for the things that used to go on, don, t know if it still does. sounds as if they or the owner found a way to scam people out of money, while he enjoys the good life. employees are not paid that great either. anyhow they need an awakening especially the way some employee, s were treated, let alone scamming members, very sad and like I said the owner is probably living the good life.