Campbell's Chunky Soupdisgusting masses in soup

T

About a week or two ago, I went to wal-mart and purchased 10 cans of soup to take to work everyday for lunch. I would have never thought that that moment would be my last time purchasing soup ever again from campbell’s. Today (7/1/2008) I heated up a 1lb. 2.8oz can of 'chunky' beef with white and wild rice to eat for lunch. After about the third scoop, I came across a huge heavy piece of fat with small chucks of beef connected to it. This massive piece of fat made me sick to my stomach!!! It looked similar to a quarter size of a human forearm muscle made of just fat alone. It had shape and definition just like a muscle and looked like a small piece of a cow’s body part. I will never ever purchase any of campbell’s products ever again; I will probably never ever eat "canned soup" again period. I was not only shocked but I was hurt and disappointed. I would probably never eat soup again from anywhere or made by anyone until i'm just over what happened today. That's it for me and cambell's forever!! Don't buy there products.

• Ba
    Bakala Jan 23, 2021

Campbell's beef and potato curry has so much sugar in it, I was sent to emergency and I am not a diabetic... this stuff is [censored]... do not buy it...

• Ba
    Bakala Jan 23, 2021

Campbell's chunky beef and potato curry had so much sugar in it I had to go to emergency... I am not diabetic but this [censored] tipped me over the edge... Please, don't buy it it is CRAP!!!

• Sw
    Swaddle87 Feb 26, 2019

Today I tried the Campbell's Chunky Beef and Vegetable stew. It is downright horrible, like... I was forcing myself to eat it. Where is the flavor? I mean, the soup actually tastes BAD. I get that I am buying a $2.00 can of soup, but man... I am much better off with a 25 cent raman noodle package. I hope Campbell's reads these. I'm stuck with no lunch now as I'd rather throw this away than eat it... It looks questionable for sure.

Comments

• Bc
    B C Feb 19, 2017

I bought creamy chicken and dumplings in Walmart. The picture on the can looked great but the soup was terrible. It was just a bunch of watery broth with hardley any noodles or chicken or vegeteables. What has happened to Campbells chunky soup? It use to be so good. They should be ashamed to advertise this soup as chunky, because it is not. [email protected]
    [protected]

wha has happened to Campbells soups? They use to be

• So
    Soni2016 Jul 24, 2016

In your chunky jazzy jambalaya w/chicken sausage & ham.
    My complaint is that there was NO SAUSAGE AT ALL. I know that, you know, We purchase your soups for its contents. I was very disappointed that my expectation was so wrong! Had bought many others of same content with all ingredients. So I was very surprised to have this happen.
    Date - 9/30/2017
    P8039 D8F
    [protected]

• Ro
    Roger Douglas Jun 18, 2016

I bought a 1lbs 2.8oz can of Steak and Potato soup heated it up for lunch and found a couple pieces of plastic in it never had this problem before been eating Campbells soup since I was young this is what you get from undocumented workers

• Im
    I'm Done! Apr 13, 2016

Regarding Chunky Chicken Broccoli Cheese with Potato. I don't eat pork so I only purchase the soups with chicken. I am also fed up with Campbell's lying pictures vs. the actual product in the cans! The chicken pieces have more "fatty" squares than real chicken parts-UGGH! But my major concern is the black potatoes in any of the "whatever and POTATOES" cans of soup. I spend almost $2.00 per can at WalMart's for these horrible soups expecting that maybe it's a bad batch or something. However, time and time again, the black potatoes make up a large percentage of the potato content. If I peel potatoes at home and come across a black spot, I simply cut that part out - how about you doing the same Campbell's? So I'll say my goodbyes as well, and won't waste another $2.00 at Walmart's!

• St
    stoney 927 Jan 10, 2016

Like several of the people who submitted the comments I read above, I have been eating Campbell's soup for six+ decades. I grew up on Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup have some in my cabinet right now. Thinking I would try something different I purchased two cans of "Philly Style CHEESESTEAK". I just finished it. First of all I had to strain off about1/3 of the liquid to find the "chunks". The "chunky beef" looked like pieces of "beggin strips", only thinner. Don't ask me what else was in there. As far as the "broth" is concerned, any relation to philly cheesesteak is a total misconception of the company. The only thing that comes to my mind is SOS but, even that was better than this glop. As several people stated above, I have had it with Campbell's. It used to be so much better than Progresso but now it is a dead heat. They are both terrible.
    UPC# [protected]
    COA 01125
    Jan 11 2017
    EST 40 FK
    Good reddens Campbell's. Sorry you have relegated company to the loss of it's quality and reputation for the almighty buck. Maybe you should put your bean counters back where they belong. On the production line.

Carl Landau
    Pasadena, Maryland

• Co
    CorinneAct Dec 24, 2015

I purchased a can of Chunky Beer-n-Cheese with Beef and Bacon. I thought good for a cool evening in front of the TV. How wrong. First the picture on the can is nothing like what is inside. There are NO chunks of beef, I found mostly potatoes (about 1/2 the can) and maybe 3 small slivers of beef (I could tell by the texture). There was no cheese flavor at all, more like just a cream soup (not even cream of anything). Don't trust your representation of your product and will never buy again. I get better from off brand at local Save-a-Lot, and better price too.
    Purchased 12/15/15
    UPC #[protected] 5
    can dated sep 30 2017
    D8J [protected]

Corinne Broskett - St Petersburg, FL

• Ro
    rodgermorales Dec 17, 2015

CLAM CHOWDER:

I grew-up on Cambell's soups (thousands of lunches) so when the chunky style came out, I bought only those. Well, I'll admit, it's been quit a while since I've purchased any of these, but I did a few weeks ago.

Setteling-in for a good bowl of CHUNKY CLAM CHOWDER, for lunch today (12/17/15), I first-off noticed that it didn't taste anything like I remembered! Matter of fact, it didnt even taste "good" and surly, totally minus clam flavor. Then, I searched through the soup looking fo those nice large pieces of clam. THERE WAS NON! The only thing I found was tiny bits of "possible clam" (not really sure). The expected CLAM flavor was left out, along with the hoped-for CLAM chunks.

I have no idea what you (this old, admired company) have done/are doing with/to your soups but, I can tell you, you'll not see any more of my money coming your way! You have ruined the trust and admiration of millions of what were loyal customers!

If you have distroyed the CLAM CHOWDER, I'll not even bother trying/wasting money on any of your others varities!

When you reduce/distroy quality, you distroy your market base! Stupid, stupit, stupid!

UPC# [protected] Can date March 11, 2017

Rodger Morales ------ Arizona

• Ca
    Catherine Castro Nov 24, 2015

I purchased cans of soup for lunch one of my favorites the Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo I had today, it would have been nice if there was a piece of chicken in it! Not one piece of chicken and only four slices of sausage really, you can do better. Do I really have to be on social media for Campbell's to get this message.

• Fl
    flakergal Nov 22, 2015

I have two cans of Chunky Chicken Noodle soup that have two different dates: June 29, 2016 and September 23, 2017. When I opened the 2016 can, it had an off odor that was definitely not chicken and when I heated it up, it not only didn't smell right, but the broth turned extremely cloudy. I threw this batch away. I opened the 2017 can and, again, it had a different odor and I immediately threw the contents away. Since I had one other unopened can with the 2017 date, I threw it away unopened. I usually like the chicken noodle soup on cold nights and was very disappointed in these two cans. I have other cans of Chunky soup, which I'm afraid to use because of this. I also agree with the above person that the labels are difficult to remove for the school funds.

Mavisjoy Sep 01, 2015

9/1/15

Campbell’s Chunky Soups

Att: Customer Service

We tried the new Beer-n-cheese w/beef & bacon. The flavors were satisfactory but the appearance of some of the potato chunks was not appetizing. Some had black spots that had slipped by inspection. Not appetizing. You may want to have a closer inspection before canning.

I also suggest that the labels be applied to the cans in a manner that allows us to cut the coupon off for school assistance. The necessary glue to hold the label on also is under the school coupon. Many charter and other schools collect these labels in an effort to better fund their needs. It is frustrating to get the coupon off so we can assist the schools.

Mavis Schwartz

• Ef
    efwiegert Aug 30, 2015

Bought and ate Campbell's Chunky grilled sirloin steak with vegetables. The meat was totally phony. Modified food starch was on label but no mention of engineering the meat. Only in Colorado must that be listed. Today read a hugh warning about HALAL meat being used in U.S. and Canadian foods that contains dead meat.They say that is shown on labels.

• Do
    douglas mehrer Dec 09, 2014

I was down to the last two bites of my can of Salisbury steak soup when something in my mouth felt stiffer than anything u expect in soup. I pulled a green piece of rubbery stuff out that was shaped like a fake piece of leaf from a fake tree, about an inch and a half long? It was always my go to meal being on call for my job... uhhhh, yeah, it happens, but u r an idiot if u go through life thinking that.

• St
    steve Sep 03, 2008

It happens...get over it!

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Jul 04, 2008

I think you mean their products