California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]California dmv special processing unit - disable parking handicap placard not received

L Sep 03, 2020

I am filing a complaint against Sacramento DMV, the Special Processing Unit that handles Disabled DMV Parking Handicap Placard. They cashed my $6.00 check; but, I haven't received my handicap placard.

On July 23, 2020, I mailed my application (Form 195) and my payment of $6, 00 for a temporary handicap placard to DMV Placard, PO Box 942869, Sacramento CA 94269-0001. The form was complete with my medical provider's information and authorization for the temporary placard. My $6, 00 check was cashed on August 11, 2020. Yet, I still have not received the placard nor have I heard from DMV.

On August 27, 2020, I wrote to DMV Placard, PO Box 942869, Sacramento, CA and to inquire what the status is on my placard. I have not heard from them.

On August 28, 2020, I wrote to DMV, Office Of the Director to complain about their Customer Service, since they website asks for customer service feedback. I have not heard from them either.

On August 31, 2020, I called DMV Customer service 1 800-777-0133 to inquire about it. I spoke with Diana #1116 and a Manager, Debra that day. The only option they suggested was to submit another application and go to DMV in person. I explained to them that I am a 75 year old woman and I'm recovering from recent major hip surgery. Having to make a doctor's appointment to obtain another application to bring it to DMV is unreasonable and burdensome. It is apparent that DMV received my application since they already cashed my check. Both Diana and the manager, Debra, were unable to resolve my issue. They suggested that I call the DMV Special Processing Unit at (916) 657-8035.

On September 1, 2020, at 8:00 am in the morning, I call the Special Processing Unit at (916) 657-8035, A recording came on stating that they are experiencing a high volume of calls and to call back later. I was immediately disconnected. I called again that day at 8:03 am, only to get the same recording. They just open at 8:00 am, how could they be experiencing a high volume of calls already?

Needless to say, it has been very frustrating. At this point, if DMV has no intention to sending me the placard by this Saturday, September 5, 2020, I want my refund of $6.00 back.