Cabo VillasBig scammers

We arrived at Cabo Villas on 7/23/11and upon rival were instructed that check in would not be at front desk but at the bottom pool where complementary drinks and
food would be given. After an introduction was made we were asked to attend a time share presentation that would only take 90 minutes the next day and would receive
$100 and four free sunset dinner cruises. Several lies were told during the sales presentation:

1) Maintenance fees would be $600-$700 depending on where we stay.
2) We would write off the timeshare on taxes for business purposes.
3) Cabo Villas would rent our weeks easily, for a profit.

The sale was based on lies and misrepresentation of the timeshare; I have contacted the resort in order to cancel my contract; but they just don't comply with my request.
I believe that they want more money... if they lied me in order to get me into the sale they will lie again in order to force me to pay my balance.

• To
    TOMCOO Nov 30, 2011

I wonder how Adam can be so sure what Profeco will do?

Last I talked to Adam he was going to get some positive references from other timeshare owners. Been a year, nothing, I have a list of TS owners and have contacted a few.
    All agree they are grifters. Nice place, staff is nice they vilify the sales staff.

File with Profeco, nothing to lose.

• Re
    Reno A. Nov 29, 2011

Have you folks have dealt with Adam? He is the developer rep. and He is stating that even If I file a dispute with Profeco, I will end up paying the whole contract or a penalty.
    Do you have any advice?

• To
    TOMCOO Nov 02, 2011

Check out mexicotimesharefraud.info. Have you filed a complaint with Profeco? The more complaints Profeco receives the better. File a complaint with Minnesota AG, the owners are from Minnesota. The AG can't do much but the more complaints the better. Also mescam.com may be useful.

• Ca
    Cabojulie Nov 01, 2011

Please change your complaint to Cabovillasbeachresort.com, as Cabovillas.com is a completely separate company and we do not represent time-share business at all. We are a luxury travel company specializing in Cabo San Lucas (we rent villas and had our domain before the resort was built). We do rent rooms at many of the hotels, but we do not participate with time-share programs. Thank you!