Buyfixit Simonize Productproduct does not work

D Review updated:

Simonize paint touch up kit ordered through buyfixit.com website is completely ineffective.

I ordered a auto paint scratch repair kit from Buyfixit.com. They sent me two kits, charging me $44.85 for the first kit and $54.85 for the second kit. The kits were to be priced at $19.99 each, with the remainder for a "free" car vacuum and charges for shipping and handling. The vacuum cleaner did not work. I incurred an additional expense of $12.95 in having to return both kits. They have credited me with a credits totalling $39.95. Considering the products did not work, I would have expected to be reimbursed the full amount, at least for the shipment I had not ordered. I am still owed $72.70 (i.e., $44.85 + $54.85 + $12.95 - $39.95). In addition, they have refused to respond to my complaints submitted in writing to them.

The internet is full of warnings about this fraudulent company which is a distributor for Simonize Products. Simonize is the producer of these products.

• A
      Aug 14, 2008
    Simonize - Unauthorized billing
    Simonize
    Hockley
    Texas

I ordered the Fix it scratch remover and SPECIFICALLY did not order any of the other scam add on items they try to hook you with when you place the order. The total was about 20 bucks. When the order arrived, it was a huge box full of useless crap like a cheap plastic "turbo vac" and other stuff, and the total was now over 50 bucks. When I told them I did NOT order this stuff they argued with me and said I had, and that there was no refund for the 30.00 "shipping" fee. What a crock.

Don't ever, ever do business with this group.

• P
      Aug 15, 2008

I totally agree. Not only do they try to screw you by sending you a load of crap the you did'nt order, but the stuff simply does not work in the first place. Of coarse you have to open it to find out that it does not work, then they screw you on the return for opening it.
    Bottom line, It is a scam, DONT BUY IT!!!

• M

colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.[protected]@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...