Buyatimeshare.comFraudulant Claims

J

I was scamed by both of these "resale" companies. I had been soliciting resale companies but didn't feel comfortable with many of the "pitches" I was gettig so I let it go. However, Both of these outfits BuyaTimeshare.com, Quincy Browne & Timeshares by Owner, Janett McShane called me telling me they had renters for my Wyndham Bonnet Creek week. They both told me "I have more rental requests then units availible, so while I was waiting for a buyer why not rent" I should have listened to my gut and walked away, but I really want to unload this timeshare, I do not want to leave it to my children to deal with. Needless to say they never rented and I never received an offer for the sale. Neither of these "sales people" ever called me back, I reserved my unit for both the Daytona 500 & Spring Brake, only to cancel the reservations because they do not rent or sell anything, they take your money, put an ad (along with 100's of others) on the their web site and I am sure, laugh all the way to the bank. I have had interactions with each companies managment staff with no satisfaction, Buy a Timeshare, Jason Hamilton & W. Kogelman, Timeshares by Owner, Kevin White. Do Not I repeate DO NOT do business with these shysters. FYI Both companies have a D- rating with the BBB. I am wondering if an attorney is interested in filling a class action suit. I am bewildered why the state of Florida allowes these un-scrupulous business to opperate. I do not know how they sleep at night.

• Oz
    OzDebP May 16, 2013

Have been having the same problems with Quincy Browne at Buyatimeshare as everyone else. From the first phone call, he was super pushy, wanting me to sign up then and there and hand over $1500 for advertising. I told him I needed to talk to the husband first, as that is a lot of money to us, plus I wanted to do some research. He kept pressuring me to sign, telling me I could get $10k for my time share. I rang around a few other places, who all said in the current market, I would be lucky to get $1000, let alone $10, 000 for it. Quincy rang again and I started asking him some questions about his services, and how he mentioned a money back offer if we sell elsewhere, he brushed it off and asked me to check the link on an email he sent me, and started trying to walk me through the sign up form. I told him I needed to read the terms and conditions first, he tried to brush it off, said it's the best deal, just go through now and sign up or he couldn't hold the advertising price. I said I won't sign anything till I read the fine print, as I have been burnt before, and that I would contact him once I had. I sent him an email with a bunch of concerns I had about the offer, telling him I want a reply in writing, not a pushy phone call, so that I have a written document from them addressing my concerns. I got an early morning phone call from him instead. Told him since he can't answer my questions, I don't trust him, thanks but no thanks. He said he sent the email but I must not have gotten it (funny, his emails about sending him money all came through fine). He sent an email that was more like a politicians speech, and did not actually answer a single question I put to him. I sent him an email saying please stop ringing, we are no longer interested in using your company, thanks for your time, goodbye. For the next few days, every morning, he rang the phone multiple times. We refused to answer, one morning, 7 missed calls back to back on my mobile, while I was in a meeting and couldn't answer anyway. Was very annoyed, sent him another email saying leave us alone, he kept trying to ring and replied by email that he has to talk to us over the phone. I wont tell you what my husbands reply email was, but it wasn't very nice. This morning, a month later, I just got another call from him, saying that we were working on my timeshare sale and he was following up on it. I told him that as I said before, I am no longer interested, thanks but no thanks. He started in on the hard sell, and said our emails were blunt and uncalled for. I told him to stop harasing me, and hung up. He rang back within seconds, telling me it was rude to hang up. I told him it was rude to keep ringing someone when they have asked you not to...and hung up. He rang back again, I let fly some expletives, and hung up. Another call, pick up and hang up. Another call, pick up and stuck him in front of the radio for ten minutes before hanging up, hope he enjoyed the music. Point is, a legitimate business would not harass someone for a sale like this. I wonder how he thinks annoying me is going to make me change my mind that this whole thing is a sham. And, just because I had a feeling about it all, I printed out the list of time shares like ours that he had advertised on his site a month ago. I went back today and checked, every single one is still there, none have sold, not a single one, yet he is telling me they go like hotcakes. What a crock. Quincy Browne is the most annoying sales person I have ever had the misfortune to deal with, if you ever come across him, run, very fast.

• St
    steve estvanik Mar 15, 2012

what's truly sad is that even on this complaints website, this scammer site appears at the top of the page as one of the google ads!

pusey50 Feb 11, 2012

If anyone going to buy Timeshare, buy it from the owner, let your lawyer handle the transaction . do not give any upfront money to Vacation concept, or any other company, they will take your money . Let put these scammer out of business, I was scammed.

pusey50 Feb 02, 2012

Please help me to put these people out of business, they are all scam.

savedfromscam Feb 02, 2012

Wow! thank you all for these posts. we're thinking about selling out timeshare and called this company. But because of how pushy they were, we decided not to go with them. He told us we had to sign up within the hour and he'd only charge us $900 if we waited any longer the price would go up to $1500. That set off a lot alarms. Besides sales guys are supposed to get paid after the sale, not before. Anyway, we'll try to sell privately and see what happens. But thank you again for the posts and making this public knowledge. You saved us from being scammed and avoided them being another $1000 richer!

• Mz
    MzBizWhiz Jul 21, 2011

In response to Jeff's question: "does anyone know an honest resale company?" the answer is yes - there is one type of honest resale company. I have been an office manager for 10 years of resale companies in California that 1.) hire only agents that are licensed by the state of California; 2.) that sell only timeshares located in the state of California with which they are personally familiar; 3.) that have on-site desks, at the HOA's request, at a number of resorts; 4.) that NEVER solicit nor accept an up-front fee for listing a timeshare (check out www.timesharecoastalresales.com, for example).
    Jean

• Sh
    Shelly Girard Jun 17, 2011

This company is a total scam. We listed our timeshare almost a year ago and have not had a single offer. Of course we were told it would be very easy for them to sell at the asking price we were listing. When a company asks for $$ upfront it is a SCAM. Don't sell into it like we did you will regret it!

• Sh
    Shelly Girard Jun 17, 2011

Total scam. Haven't had a single offer on our time share that has been listed for almost a year and of course was told it would be very easy for them to sell at the price we were listing it for. When a company asks for $$ upfront it is a scam. Do not believe anything these people tell you.

• Xy
    xyz55$$3 May 19, 2011

Reason for Rating
    BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Vacation Property Resales, Inc.'s rating include:

72 complaints filed against business
    Factors that raised Vacation Property Resales, Inc.'s rating include:

Length of time business has been operating.
    Response to 70 complaint(s) filed against business.
    Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
    BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
    BBB has received complaints concerning misrepresentation in the company's sales practices.

The company has worked and continues to work with the BBB in an effort to reduce its number of complaints. The BBB recommends that if you have any complaints or concerns, please contact Luis Villeda, Customer Service Manager, at [protected] ext. 103 or [email protected] (between the hours of 12:00-9:00 pm Monday-Friday) prior to contacting BBB.

• Ra
    radioscoobs23 May 11, 2011

thanks for all your messages about buyatimeshare and particularly Quincy Browne. He called my wife and spent an hour on the phone today trying to convince her to advertise our time share. When she told him she wanted to speak to me before deciding, he tried to pressure her into agreeing over the phone by saying he'd offer a 'reduced' fee but it was valid only if she agreed right now! Talk about pressured sales!! I smelt a rat immediately and he called me and when I dared ask questions and told him I wouldn't agree to anything over the phone, he told me I was being aggressive and he was offering solutions not attacks! I now see it's a total scam, I'm glad I wasn't pressured by his hard sell and took the time to do some research. It's so important so I totally agree, have nothing to do with this man or this company. Don't waste your hard earned on a scam

DavidD. Apr 19, 2011

I agree with Cookey Australia. It has been almost a year and I still haven't sold my timeshare or heard anything back from Buyatimeshare. Luis Villeda didn't even respond back to my message on here. These people are a bunch of crooks!!

Cookey Australia Apr 18, 2011

Luis Villeda, LIAR, LIAR ! JUST ANOTHER STOOGE & FAKE MESSAGE.
    If you said good morning to me, I would instantly put my jarmys on and go to bed. YOU are a bloody liar.
    I am a permanently disabled pensioner, you and your [censor] of the earth people, ripped me off and thanks to you I have lost my wife, familly, house, car and much more and have to live on Australian Dollars $269.00 per week. I hope you rot in hell.
    Richard Cooke, Australia.

Cookey Australia Apr 18, 2011

Buyatimeshare.com are nothing more than criminals, they tell lies, they take money from your credit card without you signing anything, then pressure you to sign. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU BUNCH OF THEIVES CALL YOUR SELF, IT SHOULD BE BUY A SCAM.COM & QUINCY BROWN (like that is this guttless [censor] real name) IS AN [censor], LIAR AND CON-MAN. These people should be locked up for fraud, I thought the "good ol US of A" helped people, well I have sent that many emails to your so called authorities and they don't give a [censor] !

• Sp
    spatty Mar 25, 2011

I AM NOW TOTALLY CONFUSED. I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A TIMESHARE. THEY OFFERED ME A PROPERTY IN VIRGINIA CALLED PATRIOT PLACE . 154.000 POINTS FOR $500.00 PLUS $475 CLOSING COAST. MONTHLY MAINTENCE IS AROUND 75.00. IS THIS TOOOOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I AM ABOUT TO CLOSE THE DEAL HOWEVER AFTER READING THESE TESTIMONIALS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME.

Antpan Jan 23, 2011

I was told repeatedly by a Buyatimeshare.com rep that she is guaranteeing that she would rent my timeshare. After twenty minutes of her backtracking when I asked her to email me the guarantee so i can review it, she said it again. These people are after your money. DON'T SIGN ANYTHING without a plainly written guaranty

• Ka
    Kaatthhyy Oct 26, 2010

I just spoke to them on the phone, thinking I would check out the possibility of selling my time share through them. The guy was fast talking and over selling. It sounded very fishy so I did research and came up with this site among others. Thanks for preventing me from making a big mistake! I think I will try Craigs List, a legitimate company. I don't need to throw good money after bad. No one does. The BB has them as a "C" rating. Beware of buyatimeshare.com's website... anyone can put stuff on their website. Awards, testimonials, whatever. There is no web police to verify this sort of thing. They claimed they were so good, that is why they came to the top of the Google Search first. Ohhh please. So they pay big bucks to make sure that happens. That is a no brainer. I know, I'm in advertising. I wish someone would do something about companies like this.

• Bb
    bbaz Sep 27, 2010

Quincy A Browne what an idiot, i signed up on the net. First thing in the morning he gave me 3 calls starting at 6 am he wanted me to pay $2500 dollars to market my timeshare. He said he take my credit card details now and will sell the time share in a few weeks for between $10 -$ 20000> He was very familiar with this time share, i said to him im not going to pay $2500 for him to market it, and i would have to think about it. The next day he called 4 times again starting at 6 am. I said to him im not interested in paying that amount to market it as just dont have that type of money to spend on it. He gave me this story that he could give me a hard ship package for $1250, i said it was to much, to pay and i would happily give commision pay once it was sold. He said this was illegal, so i told him no i dont want to pay, i just didnt trust his slimey manor in which he spoke. he then called at least 4 times a day leaving messages, I sent him an email saying i was not interested and please stop calling me this early. He then called me on saturday morning at 5:30 am... honestly who does that??? he said he would just charge me 400 us i told him to go away and stop calling me!!! look out for this person he is a total scam artist!!!

pusey50 Aug 26, 2010

please do not give any money upfront to none of these company, please please. let put them out of business. too much scam on older folks . No one care these days only want to make easy money . Let ask your senators, congress man ., to allow the developers and hotels owners to buy back timeshare after two years if the owner want to sell .

pusey50 Aug 26, 2010

Please help me to get the developers and hotels owners to buy back timeshare, so as to avoid scam because alot of companies out there scamming people . I am still waiting for my money from one of these company I am not going to call names until I see the outcome, because I want my money back .

• Li
    liliwenfach67 Aug 25, 2010

we have had our timeshare up for sale with buyatimeshare for 12 months...we were promised by the arrogant nutter quncy browne that the time share would be sold.
    to the person posting the links to the testimonials...anyone could of written them...an knowing what sort of scam the company is they probably have written them.
    Qunicy brownr is a con man and gets lots of money for just puttin a listing on his website...hard earned money
    con man...dont go anywhere near this comany

• Ze
    zerorider1987 Aug 16, 2010

I find this all a bunch of crap!!! I had a GREAT exp with Buyatimeshare.com, one crazy lady has a bad exp probabily because she had her timeshar priced way to high and it didnt sell so now you people cry. let me break it down for all you people who are clearly not educated... TIMESHARE IS NOT REAL ESTATE!!! people pay 15, 000 for there timeshare and use it for 10 years then the try to sell it and list it for 20, 000 thinking that it has increased in value... you will be lucky to break even, most of the time you are trying to get out of the fees every month, year ect... this company put forth it effort for me and sold my timeshare as promised!!! GET A LIFE people... take your unsold timeshare and take a vaction you need it

manros Aug 10, 2010

such confusion! maybe ALL timeshare holders who are not satisfied should rally and ask congress to outlaw and void all actions by these unscrupulous entities. they must be stopped!

DavidD. Jun 22, 2010

I diagree with Luis Villeda. I understand that every company has their oppertunities but the there is no excuse for the poor customer service that your company has given to me and the other people that has listed their concerns on this site. Your company called me everyday to get my money to sell my timeshare and the minute I gave in to the lies I was feed I haven't heard from them again. I have called numerous times and all they could tell me is to lower the price (which I have) and to be patient. It has been a year since I signed up with Buyatimeshare and still nothing! No phone calls letting me know anything or to tell me we have a buyer. If your company was as persistant to sell my timeshare as they were when they took my money, maybe my timeshare would be sold by now! I am not 100% satisfied! You want to preach on how your company is very good at what they do... well what can you do to help me sell my timeshare? You going to tell me to contact the same Customer Service number that I already called over and over? Or will you help me get me my money back?

• Lu
    Luis Villeda Jun 14, 2010

With 100, 000’s of clients throughout the world, there are occasional
    issues that may arise, as with any large organization. We try to do everything within our power to over deliver, but as with any service or product, it’s ultimately the end users decision and feelings that may spark such erroneous comments, if in fact we haven’t met their expectations.

We are the most technologically advanced Timeshare Resale Advertising firm worldwide. With this being said our customer base is very tech savvy, many are in top 3% income brackets with higher levels of education then the average purchaser, this educated, affluent customer base cultivates environments for new age media such as blogs, threads, viral marketing, which may lead to false accusations and or opinions of a non customer.

Many accusations against our company are simply untrue, some have been found to be from competitors trying to tarnish Buyatimeshare.com’ name. We spend millions on Advertising, Social Media, PR and answering all complaints related to our business practices with integrity at the forefront of each managerial decision. Our customer base signs and agrees to specific terms, these aren’t hidden, they are in plain sight. The agreements made between Buyatimeshare.com and the potential seller or renter is clear, with 3 levels of verification procedures to make sure our customer base is fully aware of our aggressive advertising practices. We have thousands of happy customers, but unfortunately these blogs aren’t focused on happy customers. If a customer is tech savvy do your research, we promise you will find that BuyaTimeshare.com provides the most ethical methods of reselling and renting timeshares

Please, we challenge whoever views these statements to follow the link below and read our
    Testimonials:

Keep an eye on our recently sold properties, you may in fact see your property on this list in the near future.

-If you are still not 100% satisfied, please contact Customer
    Service at [protected] or [protected] or email us at
    [email protected] with any concerns regarding your account and it
    will be our top priority to respond immediately and with integrity.

Please keep in mind Timeshares are not a monetary investment, but an investment in lifestyle! Price your property accordingly!

Cookey Australia Jun 05, 2010

This so called company is full of [censor]. An [censor] by the name of Quincy Brown took my money from credit card before I had signed anything.
    I am an old age disabled pensioner and this business and the [censor] Quincey Brown are all bloody theives and tell lies.

I have been in contact with the US crime authorities and apparently there is a big clamp down going on to all the California based crooks.

A message for all buyatimeshare parasites, [censor] you, I have the Outlaws Mc coming to visit you [censor], I doubt there will be any of you [censor]s left to go to court..

Richard Cooke,
    Australia.

DavidD. Jun 04, 2010

BuyAtimeshare and Premier Timeshare solutions are both scams. Had the same experience with both companies. Beware don't belive a thing they tell you.

• Fl
    flopper May 28, 2010

I talked to them to0 and then I found a site timeshareownersinfo.com and the information I got from them was pretty good. After I emailed them I did get a phone call but the company that called was polite and they helped me out alot.

• Gw
    gwen221 May 27, 2010

I am very surprised to hear that you had a hard time with Quincy Browne. I have two timeshares, one Harborside at Atlantis and a Marriott Grande Vista. I had been trying to sell them for a while but I wanted to be sure that I went with the right company, not one that would take my money and run. I put my inquiry onto their website and got a call 25 minutes later, which was great! I thought it was very professional that he followed up so quickly. After speaking with Quincy and him showing me the statistics of Buyatimeshare.com, I felt like it was the best choice to make. The whole time I was speaking with Quincy we laughed and joked like we had known each other for years. Not once was he ever aggressive or rude. He did tell me to focus on 3-9 months, which was tad discouraging, but I needed these sold. Two and a half months later they got an offer on my Harborside for $2, 000 less than what I was asking. I accepted the offer, since it was just about what we paid for it. Another 2 months later my Marriott was sold! After working with so many other companies it was great to find a company that actually does sell timeshares. It might have taken half a year but Quincy helped me sell my two timeshares and I could not be more happy with the service that him and his team provided. I would recommend Buyatimeshare.com and Quincy Browne to anyone who is serious about selling their timeshare. Thanks Quincy!!! :)

• Re
    Reg444 Apr 10, 2010

I submitted ONE online inquiry to this buyatimeshare.com company. They called me less than 30 minutes after I submitted the inquiry and I thought this was very odd. The man tried to get me to pay $700 up front on the first call with their "special" for $500 off if I signed up that moment with Mr. Quincy Brown. He said he could sell my timesahre in the Bahamas for $21k. Hell, I only paid $16k for it and when I looked at their site, timeshares exactly like mine were listed for $7k. Mr. Brown did not have an explanation for this of course. I am in sales and I knew right at that moment it was a scam because a company with integrity does not try to sell you this hard on this first call. A company with integrity will want you to shop around and see what is going to be the best fit for YOU in this competitve (and fraudulant) marketplace.
    I did not call him back and this Quincy Brown called me over 10 times in the course of a week. I received an e-mail from him and I said they were a scam and I would NEVER do business with them and to never call or e-mail me again. He called me back immediately (of course) and I was at the gym so he left a voicemail. He then proceeded to call my ex-wife (since she owns half the timeshare) at work. She told him he had the wrong number and hung up. He then called her 10 more times in a few minutes and told her to "shut her mouth" and "I know this is his number. I spoke to him earlier this week on this number!" She put him on speaker phone and about 20 people heard what he was saying in her office at work and were absolutely appauled. Who does he think he is, a freaking bill collector??? She then called me and told me what happened.
    I called Mr. Brown back and lit into like no other and he told me to "get my facts straight" and I was making "terroristic threats". Now why would my ex-wife call me and make something like this up out of the blue??? I talked to one of her friends at work who confirmed what happend. She might be my ex-wife but she is still the mother of my daughter.
    I then filed a complaint with the BBB and I suggest anybody who has worked with this company files one as well. Any company that let's their employees talk like this guy did to a potential customer is fraudlant, unethical, or both. Bottom line is if you want to sell a timeshare, sell it on your own. You can list yours on sites just like these companies could AND should but do not EFFECTIVELY. Be warned people and when you have that "hinky feeling", follow your instinct. It is proven to be the right choice 97.5% of the time with current scientific studies!!!

josris Apr 07, 2010

Jeff

I am in the same boat as you with buyatimeshare.com. I liaised with Quincy Browne and he promised me the same .i.e. renting my property whilst trying to sell it. I am sure that I have said goodbye to my money $1, 650 AU dollars.
    I am also an owner of Wyndham and I was trying to sell a timeshare that I had in South Africa.
    Worldmark has written to me and they have requested that I contact their customer service dept which I did. They have taken all my details and they are accumulating details on all this fraudulent behaviour from all this fraudulent companies and are presenting their case to their Solicitors in the US who are trying to make a case. Why not try this route. Who knows, we may be lucky one day.

josris

• Ts
    tsowner Mar 07, 2010

I saw the website and submitted an inquiry. Never got answers to my questions, only rude email responses about me and to me. Wish I'd seen these comments before. DON't GET TAKEN BY THESE JOKERS. However, it has been interesting to see how rude and ugly this person has become toward me. Their email is now SPAM in my in-box. See Their comunications to me below:

First Email: We can show you how we get results; I'm here to help you make an educated decision about your timeshare. This will be the last decision you ever make about selling or renting your timeshare, this I can assure you!Please contact me at your earliest convenience! If you are not interested in selling or renting, please just let me know. My only goal is to provide you with valuable solutions to a problem many Timeshare owners have!Best Regards, John Kendall

I sent an email asking these basic questions: Are you a company that sells the timeshares or only provides advertising space?Are your individual sales agents licensed real estate agents?Where is your business located?Do you work off commission percentage of the sale? (not valid if you only provide advertising)What state(s) do you provide you business services?Can you send me written information?

Second Email in Response to my Questions: I'm not out to waste either of our time... The company i represent is the world leader in resales, take it as you may, it is what it is!!! I take it you may have tried to sell before or spoke to lots of people about this!!! But which of the over 2million companies did you speak to or sign with that lie to you? They state they can sell your timeshare but dont...? Because they cant... I can explain the fastest and best way to get it sold... Or continue wondering and NEVER get it sold!!! I'm willing to take my valuable time to show you we are the industry leader... And guess what if i cant SHOW YOU don't do business with me!!! But prepare to be impressed!!! If you very sure you want it sold call me... My name is John Kendall With BUYATIMESHARE.COM hmmmmm... Well we can start with why our site is even called buy-a-timeshare? Good question maybe we want to find people wanting to buy? go to google and you tell me if you put in that you want to "BUY A
    TIMESHARE" where do those million of people go...? Thats a ripple of our traffic of buyers!!! And if you plan to call and drill me on how you want a commission taken out or want the service for free go elsewhere... Im serious as my paycheck!!! Or be brave and call me... I will talk with you if it makes sense to you... Then i will be your executive and get you started for sale!!! But, dont be expecting a million dollars or again dont wast our time!!! They buyer like any buyer is looking for a good deal and to save money... Which in this case tosave over buying through the resort... Hope this personal E-Mail finds you well and i hear from you soon...

We'll see:) John Kendall

Third Email (after I said he hadn't answered my questions or showed me anything) he replied: You know what negative from your end gets you? Instead of doing your research before contacting us like you did with your approach with demands:) hahaha!!! NOTHING!!! Dont need your business Nor never shall... Funny how i find wonderful people to speak to over taking my time to waste... Thanks for your small interest:) GOODLUCK

RESOLVED

The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

• Je
    Jeff Mar 07, 2010

my money is gone, and I have a lesson well learned. I am glade because at least I was able pay cash for the timeshare (better econamic times) and I am not desperate to sell, and we still use the week once a year. You have to book 10-12 months out to get what youwant, and that makes it difficult as my kids are all in college now and we all have different "vacation" weeks. I am glade I coud spare you the aggervation

• Ro
    Rose in Texas Mar 06, 2010

We just spoke with Thomas at Buy a Timeshare.com and he went through all the hoopla about how their company has all these links that direct to their web-site and that no one else does. He continued to point out how the rest of them are crooks and how their company has been around for 10 years and all the rest aren't. He wanted us to pay $799 and agreed to let us pay $400 and then another $399 in 30 days. I almost fell for it but went to check out complaints about them as suggested by Marc and now I'm so glad I did.

Thanks to everyone who spared me from the scam, and I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope that there will be some class action law suit so that you could get your loss back.

I'm getting that there is no real legitimate way to sell these timeshares. If anyone knows, please share.

Rose in Texas

• Pl
    PLEASE LISTEN---RUN!!!!! Mar 03, 2010

I have to say I completely agree with all of the complaints above. First off-I'm not unrealistic, I am fully aware that the economy is junk right now and as timeshares are a luxury item, sales have slowed. HOWEVER-this does not mean you can't still service your customers. Diana Miller sold us on your crappy service over a year and a half ago. She said that she was our rep, we could call with any questions, changes to the advertisement, etc. Every time I've called and asked for her she is "busy" or "in a meeting" avoiding my calls. I have actually kept a diary of this fiasco and have left her 47 messages just trying to see if she would call me back. I was so frustrated that I asked for a supervisor a long time ago. His suggestion was to spend more money to get the upgraded advertisement. I said tell me you're joking that's just ridiculous. He pretty much point blank said that's my only option but almost a "guaranteed" way to sell it, they sure throw that word around a lot. How about the $650 I orignally gave? How's that money working other than by employing absolute idiots who answer the phone and after they "attempt" to reach your agent offer to help themselves by giving you statistic-this is great-every time I've called the response is "well I see your account has a good amount of activity" EVERY TIME!!! That's the only thing they know how to say. Really? Because if it's getting activity then that must mean you're pretty horrible at your job by not selling and closing the damn thing! Not one single offer in over a year and a half. No customer service. No response. I hate them. They've actually convinced us month after month to lower our price so much that it's less than half what we originally posted it for and below what we even owe on it. Just trying to get rid of the thing. I take full responsibility for being stupid enought to fall for it I just hope others don't make the same mistake. You might as well stand on top of a building and throw 6 or 7 hundred dollar bills in the air, that's about how useful these people are. And seriously-who, in their right mind works there??? Do you really feel good about it??? I'm sure at some point I've probably talked with you so it's confirmed-you're an idiot.

• Gu
    gullibleagain Feb 27, 2010

Friendly, how transparent can you be?!?? You responded to another thread on this same website, which also addressed the negative experiences that people have had with this tiemshare resale cpmpany, but on that one you posed as a "satisfied" customer"!!!?? Who do you plan to pose as next?

• Je
    Jeff Feb 24, 2010

Luis...Just have Quiency Brown do what he said he would do...your company are liers and cheats

• Ta
    TAlan Jan 15, 2010

BuyaTimeshare.com is a very predatory company utilizing unethical business practices. If you want to have an impact on stopping this and maybe getting resolution to your dealings, please go to the OnlineBusinessBureau.com and file your complaint. At this website they are listed as: Company Name : VPResalesLLC website: www.buyatimeshare.com
    I was shocked to find the current business rating at OnlineBusinessBureau.com :

This merchant is a member in good standing with no outstanding complaints.

If your dealings with BuyaTimeshare.com have been like mine...then join me and file your complaint with the OnlineBusinessBureau.com

• Sd
    sdsmith Jan 14, 2010

This company buyatimeshare.com has been adversiting heavily on Craigslist.com across the nation.
    I contacted them and yep the want 500.00 up front but will give NO guarantees.
    Just a bunch of stuff about - fees for lawyers, and realestate agents... ok whatever.
    You can quickdeed a time share, there is never a need for lawyers or real estate agents.
    I think a quick deed it pretty much just the cost of the form- maybe 10.00.
    Anyhow I dont ever think any legit company should ever charge up front.
    The need to show proof of sale - then take their fees.
    Good luck to all, this website helps alot.
    I hope noone gets taken in by them.
    If you ever see then on Craigslsit.com - flag them- they usually adversise under the " wanted" sections.

Dan Finerman Nov 17, 2009

I just talked to a "Paul" from Buyatimeshare. He was really smooth and sounded 100% legit. I do not plan to send him any money because after reading all this I conclude they are a scam. sorry all you folks got taken in by their BS. The attorney general in Florida is prosecuting a similar scam right now. See http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-7XENWJ/$file/ComplaintForInjunctiveRelief.pdf for details. Maybe he can sue similar companies performing the same types of scams. Several people should contact him. good luck

Daniel

• Lb
    L. Bryson Nov 02, 2009

Thank you all for your comments and with Great respect for you all . We live in the United States of America a Christian Country. Galatians 6vs.7-10. Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked.
    A Man reaps what he sows. I have been deceived from a Time share company also years ago.
    I can envision /entrust an Owners Time Share organization facilitaing and developing an owners rent/sell time share company. We would have annual meetings, elect our own officials and help each other. It could be an non-profit and a legitimate organization. I am sure there are Attorneys and Bankers who are owners.
    This is my perspective, what's yours . ps..Waitng to hear..

L.Bryson