Having problems with Burger King?

+1 866 394 2493 (United States)
+61 130 085 2326 (Australia)
+64 800 425 464 (New Zealand)
+43 122 602 260 (Austria)
+82 80 228 163 (South Korea)
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive

Inwilerriedstrasse 61, Baar 6340

Turkey
Dikilitaş Mahallesi Emirhan Caddesi No:109 Beşiktaş, İstanbul

Complaints & Reviews

have it your way... but you'll pay double for it!

Stupidity prevails... on Tue Mar 23, 2010 I ordered three "double cheeseburgers" off of the dollar menu (store 16833), $1.00 each, right? Well of course, unless you don't want the cheese. In a meager effort to reduce my caloric consumption for the day I asked if they would please hold the cheese. The response was yes. What I didn't anticipate was the repercussion of the fact that I was now buying three "double hamburgers".

I got my hamburgers "made my way" but "charged their way". My $1.00 double cheeseburger was now a $2.00 double hamburger (another American business uniqueness, being able to pay more for less). Burger King is truly an all American business... tell the customer he can have it his way and then charge him double for doing so. I suggest if you too want a $1.00 hamburger, order the double cheeseburger, then peal off the warm gooey cheese and stick it on the pick up window. Have it your way!

I should also note that Burger King does not take online or email complaints (in this day?). No, you have to take time at work 9am - 5 pm M-F and call and wait on hold to register you complaint. I think it is time Burger King gives up the burger monarchy and maybe try listening to the people buying their food. This burger eater is going back to McDonald's. Believe it on not they get it right. But remember, there you're dealing with a silly clown rather than a mute (and weird scary) king.

This obviously is a very minor issue but I am so tired being patronized by American business from Wall Street banker to the burger joint on the corner. I am tired of being hosed in very aspect of my American life!

food poison - march 11

I have been searching for any comments on Parsippany, NJ Burger King. Then I realized that there could be people like me, just searching but not responding to the issue they faced. So let me be the first in BooRah to comment about this BK.
Yesterday, March 11, 2010 I did a big mistake, I visited this BK store. I purchased Spicy chicken, Whoper, buger shots etc for my family. Came home and ate it, dint feel anything different. But today morning, March 12, 2010 my wife puked and she got diarrhea. My kids too had diarrhea. I was feeling like crap and had severe headache and stomach ache. Check with my wife to see, she too is having severe stomach/headaches. Couldnt point out the issue immediately, both of us couldnt go to work (lost a pay-day) and stayed back to take care of ourselves and the kids. Later we visited the doctor to know that it was food poison. The only common food we had yesterday was from Burger King. So I googled to see anyone else had this issue and tried to give a complaint/feedback to Burger King at www.bk.com. Obviously there is no form/link/section for submitting a feedback/complaint (Wow, such a great company). So I called the consumer/customer service, while my wife and kid couldnt get up and when they were sleeping. They made me wait for over 10 minutes and atlast someone picked up the phone. They asked all my personal details and then said she will register a complaint, she was hell bent on saying its not a BK issue. I kept on asking whether there were any complaint about this BK store from Yesterday, so that I can go to a hospital to prevent from any mishap and be proactive. She said she cant share that information! Then asked her to have someone respond to me as soon as possible by checking the issue, she said it will take 3-4 weeks!!! WHAT??? by then we would be dead or we could be alright, so 3-4 weeks is not an option. They gave me the store phone number, which I already had in my receipt. I do not think they want to help or resolve the issue, rather than that they just want to push the issue from their plate and live out of reality. Am posting this long response, mainly because, if any of you readers had an issue on March 10/11/12th at this BK, then please let us know by entering a comment here. Thus we can visit a hospital and be save in this economical situation.
Thanks a lot for your time and please stay away from this store, be safe!

• Bu
    Burger King Food Poisoned Apr 06, 2010

I didn't have the issue at the same store but my BK order was contaminated in retaliation for honking at the Drive-through Indian woman. Others have your same experience as well. Look at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/twin-falls-id/TGHT36GLEKETI4S1Q. It seems like BK would never take responsibility for their lack of food safety and improper personnel training. Burger King is so greedy once the local owners pay their franchise, the company doesn't care to enforce their own standards. As a result, we all keep getting poisoned. It's time for the goverment to look into this Health issues. Too many people getting sick including children. Someone needs to be held accountable for all.

Here is my complaint:

Burger King
    2351 Jericho Turnpike
    New Hyde Park, NY 11040-4709
    (516) 746-6395

The Drive through Indian employee intentionally contaminated my food in retaliation for honking at her. On Sunday April 4th, 2010 I went to the Drive-through where the Indian worker took my payment and closed the window with no explanation. Since I had to return to work, I honked at the Indian worker who couldn't hear me because the window was closed. The woman irate grabbed the fries with her dirty bare hands and angrily threw the fries in the bag. I thought this was a temporarily anger so I went back the next day on Monday April 5th, 2010 and ordered the same. The same Indian worker was at the Drive-through window ignoring me. When she gave me my food, I noticed the food was all over the bag outside the wrap. So, I told her I needed that food to be replaced for fear of contamination. She gave the food to another Indian woman who picked up all the food and put it back in the packages. I told the Indian worker I needed the food to be replaced for fear of contamination being improperly handled. The Indian woman told me to speak to the Indian manager who told me to park outside to replace the food. Since I was afraid of their attitudes, I went inside to wait for my food. After several minutes, the Indian manager gave the food to a woman who put it the fries in the microwave and gave me the same food back. I told the manager he was giving me the same food but the manager lied saying the woman just cook the "whole thing." By midnight I was puking like a water hose while having diarrhea in the same manner. I had chills all night long and couldn't get out of the bathroom. My wife didn't eat Burger King and she is not sick. So, I realized these Indian Burger King workers retaliated against me by contaminating my food, or poisoning the food, or simply doing the inmoral known crimes to spit on people's food because of the honk incident the day before. As a result, I miss work, I am very weak and dehydrated, and suffering extreme side effects to Burger King's contaminated food. This incident shows the conduct of these Indian Burger King workers is so outrageous in character and so extreme in degree as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and to be regarded as atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized society.

mara!!! Dec 20, 2010

the burger king in parsippany is the worse. The manager esther is the worst manager . i went in there and asked for a side of lettuce because the chicken sandwich i wanted dry. It was for my mother who is ederly and wanted the lettuce on the side. she screamed at me in front of everyone and aid we dont give lettuce on the side. dont come back here anymore. i have been going there for years.. i called corprate they did absoutely nothing. im calling the bbb

• Bi
    BiancaD Jul 12, 2011

can someone please give me the corporate number for the burger king in parsippany locatation

new funnel cake sticks

I tried the new Funnel Cake stix this morning at my local Burger King. They were terrible to say the least. I was excited, because funnel cakes are the best. Not only are they covered in powdered sugar, but it comes with a small tub of icing as well. The stix alone are pretty bad, but dipping in a sugary bath of icing wasn't better.

Thanks for ruining one of my favorite carnival snacks ever. Stick with the french fries and chicken finger bang sticks.

old & cold original chicken sanwiches

Long Story Short!?!!?!!! My friend and I have been going to the Burger King in Valley Springs for almost 10...

fresh off the broiler

2/27/2010 yes, I went to burger king off of fremont street in seaside, ca. I went inside and placed a order...

their latest commercial is absolutely inappropriate

Your lastest Burger King commercial is absoutely, inappropiate. The commercial with the women shaking their sqauare butts, on the tv screen. Our children, would rather be interested in what burger king might have in a kid's meal and NOT "I like square butts". You tell me, what does that have to do with eating?

I will take my kids to McDonald, where they will eat burgers and not have to deal with the memory of "SQUARE BUTTS AND THE BURGER KING MAN.

unsanitary behavior

I was in line trying to get a meal, when I saw the guy that makes the sandwiches using his cellphone with one hand and preparing the food with the other, I called the supervisor named: Heather, and I told her about this person unsanitary behavior, she ask me if I'm goint to order anything which I replied, of course not!.<br />
The restaurant is located at 2122 E 10th st., Indianapolis, Indiana.<br />
It's going to be along time before I come back to that location.

• Lu
    luisiscool Dec 06, 2011

I'm so sorry to hear your complaint how ever you can actually file a complaint if you want.

a1 burger

I purchased a $6.89 A1 burger today, and it was awful! I cannot belive you charge that much money for a horrible burger. There was no A1 for one thing--if thats what you call A1--you have no idea what the original A1 tastes like then. If I had time, I would have actually complained in person, but I was on my lunch break. I hope you take that burger off the menu, or at least make it like its suppose to be. I spent $19 there for lunch today for myself, daughter and husband. My husband and I pitched 1/2 our lunch cuz it was sooo nasty!

very disappointed in this revenue strategy of charging for condiments

Lately, I have noticed a disturbing trend at BK, especialy in yrban laocations, I recently went to Rest. #2471 at 24th & Oregon in Phila., Pa. I ordered a Whopper meal and asked for 2 BBQ sauces. I was told that the 1st was complimentary, but I would be charged for the 2nd. I refused the extra charge, but it made me wonder about the charge for extra BBQ sauce. As I said this has happened before, and the price for the extra sauce has varied from $.25 to $1.00. Is this a legit charge? What is the set price for an extra BBQ sauce? Are there charges for other condiments? If so, where are they listed? As a lover of BK for many years I am very disappointed in this revenue strategy of charging for condiments. I would like someone from BK to clarify this for me.

• I0
    i'm me Feb 15, 2010

mcdonald's does that too if you order chicken nuggets there is one bbq sauce for a set amount and when you ask for extra they will charge you about 10 cents where i'm from. that is the trend nowadays...bk, mcdonald's, church's, probably everywhere. that 's why i don't even ask for condiments anymore i just keep all the condiments i need at my house. the only place i know that may not charge for extra is chik-fil-a but with those high ### prices they shouldn't

nasty attitude with customers

Last night 3 of my friends and I went to our local BurgerKing (Deptford, NJ) and were told that they had no buns. About a month ago we went to the same BK and they had no burgers. How can a burger restaurant run out of hamburgers or buns and why didn't they close? Instead of fixing the problem the manager thought it best to get a nasty attitude with customers.

• Bk
    BK SUX Aug 21, 2011

i agree .bk sux. i was called an ### by the little ### at the drivethru window and then she told me to f***off, after i was there and they messed up my order once AGAIN !THEY SCEW UP AND I GET CALLED AN ### AND TO f*** OFF UN REAL.THEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER .SHE PLAYS STUPID AND SAYS TO ME I DIDNT HEAR THAT GIRL CUSRE AT U AT ALL.SO I ASKED FOR THE MAIN BOSS. O WHAT DO YA KNW .SHES OFF ON SUNDAYS.THEY DESTROYED MY SUNDAY MORING I WAS LITERALLY SHAKING I WAS SO PISSED. JUST BE DISRESPECTED LIKE THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME IM NEVER GOING BACK EVER AGAIN. I DONT CARE IF U GIMMIE FREE BK FOR 2 f***IN YEARS. I HOPE ALL THE POEPLE IN THERE ROT IN HELL. ALSO I JUST LOOK AT THE SITUATION AND LAUGH . GET A REAL JOB LOSERS U CANT EVEN HANDLE A DRIVE THRU WINDOW. AND THIS FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER WORKED AT A FAST FOOD RESTURANT AND SCEWED UP AN ORDER MORE THEN ONCE.JUST GO HOME AND KILL YOURSELF U ARE ABSOLUTELY USELESS TO SOCIETY.SERIOUSLY. WHAT DO U MAKE 7.25 AN HOUR HAH. KATIE AT THE FRANKLIN BK IN SUSSEX COUNTY NJ 07416 SUNDAY MORING WATCH OUT PEOPLE. ENJOI

service & teenagers (loud)

I have no clue if I am in the right area for this complaint or not, but I am so disgusted!! My husband and I are in our early 70s and enjoy a Burger King (Whopper) we usually go thru the drive thru, but the lines were too long and were in a hurry, so we went in. The place was so full of teenagers, loud, swearing, and smoking in the back of the resturant. We were the only adults in the place, and could see why! we wated for our food for over 20 mins. when we were given our food, it was cold. there was one cook and one person serving or taking orders, plus a person at the drive thru. There were no napkins, ice for drinks, and now catsup or salt. The teens were yelling "NO CATSUP OR ICE" at the top of there lungs. No one came. the kids were all right from the school behind the resturant. This was a disgrace!!! Someone should check this place out. We had heard of this but could not believe it. Thanks for reading this anyway. Sandy Yeck

• Fa
    fatterfish Feb 03, 2010

sounds like the TEENS made it unpleasant for you to bad bk has no control over them

low customer satisfaction

I was reading about how Burger King is losing customers. They think it's all about losing their "Super...

disgregard for human life

Burger King allowed an individual arrive to work when extreme weather advisory was out for travel due to road...

poor service service

Hello My name is John Diaz, I am a District Leader for Quick Chek Food Stores and a Citizen of Kearny New...

awful and dirty place

My comment is concerning the Burger King in Dracut, Ma on Bridge St. I would like to see them clean up there act. Go in to the ladies room, you will see the toilet paper holder cover on the floor. There nothing to wipe your hands with since the electric hand dryer doesn't work and the water is as cold as the bathroom itself. I wonder how the workers wash there hands! On any given day around lunch time look behind the counter! You will see french fries, onion rings, cups, etc. all over the greesy floor where the food is being prepared. It's so bad that the employee's are sliding across the floor trying to keep up with the orders. My last question or comment is what happened to hairnets or tying your hair back when working with food? I guess you should ask the manager...Oh Yea! P.S. If you make a cup of coffee be prepared to put the empty sugar packets and creme containers in your pocket, there's no barrel to discard the trash over that side.

ghetto

Around 7pm on January 24, 2010, my 8-yr old daughter and I visited the Burger King directly across from the Southland Mall, on 112th avenue and 211th street for a quick meal before heading to catch the next bus. We visit this BK quite often and have never had any complaints with the food or services provided...until last night. Upon entering the restaurant, it was quite noticable that there was no manager on duty. The employees, who ranged in age from teens to middle-aged, were laughing and playing around, joking with each other behind the grill and the counter. There were about 4 customers ahead of me still waiting on their food, and I observed the drive-thru was quite busy as well. I placed my order and moved down to wait. As we were waiting, the laughter escalated and I saw how distracted the employees were. We waited around 4-5 mimutes before our food was given to us. But before we received our tray, I overheard an employee mention to my cashier at the drink station that they had no milkshakes available. The cashier asked his co-worker "Bro, why didn't you tell me that earlier?". They began to giggle and debate over who was going to tell me, since I was the one who'd ordered a milkshake for my daughter. I loudly told them both to just speak to me directly and tell me what's going on so I can adjust my order, I had a bus to catch. I also told them that it was just wasting more time debating over it while they were already playing around enough as it is. The cashier then started to curse and say he didn't "give a damn about a milkshake...if I wanted to tell you I'd just tell you." The energy and tone of the employees went downhill from there. The female employee and the other male employee who were responsible for preparing the meals and placing them on the counter for customers began to curse and talk loudly to me with statements such as: "..we can laugh if we want to! What you gone do about it?! ###...you can't tell us what to do!". I responded that I was going to contact their manager and corporate about their lack of professionalism and horrific treatment of customers, and their response was a continual barrage of cursing and saying their jobs were not in jeopardy just because of my complaints. When I finally received my tray I checked my daughter's Kid's Meal and noticed they'd completely forgotten her double cheeseburger. I told them that and said having a good time is fine as long as you get the orders correct and stay professional. The same female employee then told me to "Shut the ### up, ###. I'm tired of hearing yo mouth. I don't wanna hear you no mo!". That is when I decided to call the police in order to file a report/complaint for their verbal assaults toward me. As a reminder, my 8-yr old daughter had to witness and listen to this constant display of 'ghetto' behavior. When the police arrived he suggested I file a complaint with their corporate headquarters and to get their names. He added that they are obligated to give me their names when asked. After the officer left, I went back to the counter and noticed none of the employees were wearing name tags, so I asked the same gentleman who assisted in preparing the meals for the tray what his name was. He turned his back to me and ignored me. When I asked what his female co-worker's name was, he said he was not going to give it to me. I noticed she'd moved to the drive-thru window to take orders and called over to her. "Excuse me, what is your name", I said. Her nasty reply was a wave of her hand at me, as if to shoo me away, and said, "### you, ###. I ain't listenin' to you!". I then yelled out, "Is there any employee here that will give me their name? The officer told me you are obligated to give your name when a customer asks". From behind the grill, counter, and drive-thru, each emplyee on duty looked at me then looked away, completely ignoring me. I have never in my life, at any experience at a fast-food establishment, been so disrespected and spoken to foully. It has always been my assumption that BK prides itself on giving the best customer service and brags about its standards in treating their customers with professionalism and dignity. I did not experience any of this. I am contacting the customer care department with this complaint and will follow-up on what, if any, disciplinary action will be taken on these employees. The world will soon know whether Burger King stands behind its promise to its customers.

commercial small hands

Find the Small Hands commercial extremely distasteful, discrimination and target humor against handicaped...

harrasment

I ordered a burger with bacon and found no bacon in my sandwich, so I went up to the front to get a new sandwich. The african american ladies said they would replace my sandwich, and then only one lady apologised for the inconvience. Then when the one lady fix my sandwich she apologised to me but I didnt say nothing to her and just walked away, she rudly started giving me attitude. She said I said im sorry for not making your sandwich the way you wanted. And I said if you are going to talk to me like that you can give me a new meal. Then her and her other co-workers started to come out and talk rudely to me while coming closer to me. And trying to start stuff with me, then they stopped when the manager came out. The manager asked what was going on and I simply told him how I was badly treated by this woman who obviously had no people skills and talked to me very badly. And all he did was give me a card that said I could get two free meals.

• Mi
    mi mi mi Jan 23, 2010

Well, you got what you wanted then didn't you? Dipshit.

• Ro
    rockpet Jan 23, 2010

Yes, in the end its true that you got your meal, but just put it down to experience when dealing with african americans, as they are mostly the same. Put it this way...you probably have a good job with prospects for the future, these people are behind counters in a burger bar doing not much else. Thinking this makes me feel so much better, always.

• Ed
    educateyourselfNOW Jan 24, 2010

If the lady gave you a sandwhich the way you wanted it and appoligized to you, why would you just walk away. Did it ever occur to you the she was a human being that made a mistake, corrected it and appoligized for the mistake? Did you have to be rude, and not aknowledge her efforts and say anything along the lines of "no problems" or "thanks for re-making it for me"? YOU were the one being rude. NOT that this gave her the right to come at you innappropriatly, but if YOU were not rude...
    I am just saying. The public can be so damn rude to people "behind counters" and then you expect them to kiss your butt. Get a life!

sanitation

My husband and I stopped in Burger King for lunch today and was shocked that the employees making our burger...

false advertising

Whopper is advertised on outdoor banners and menu for $2.99 (breakfast). After purchasing item, noticed I was charged $3.20. The manager, Tomasa, explained in broken English that it was an old sign and basically to go away. She refused to even go outside and LOOK at the sign.

I noticed that Burger King has no way to file email complaints and I waited over 1/2 hour on a long distance call before leaving a verbal message.

This is not the first experience I've had being treated rudely by a "Manager" at Burger King. I'm done and will be blogging about my experience as well.

• Tb
    t-bone smitty Apr 13, 2010

Burger King sucks. it's a faceless organization that has no quality, customer service, or integrity. you can't complain because there's no one to complain to. Target's the same way, you can't even ask to speak to the manager any more. And people wonder why people on the news are losing it and going into places with guns blazing. It 's the only way they feel that they actually have some control.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices