Menu

BudsGunShop.com review: Credit card fraud

J
Author of the complaint
6:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My debit /credit card was compromised in March 2011. I could not figure out how because I only dealt with reputable companies online. I had put Buds Gun Shop in that good category until they sent me an email that my card may have been part of a fraud. They are not accepting credit cards as of 04/01/2011. My account had been wiped out and I assessed a lot of overdraft fees. I do not know what happened at Buds but, they are as radioactive as a Japanese Nuke Facility. They will not protect your account so, I would not shop there. You could take the risk but why.

More BudsGunShop.com complaints & reviews

BudsGunShop.com - Unethical business practices
BudsGunShop.com - Possible fraud?
BudsGunShop.com - Layaway scam
BudsGunShop.com - Rude service and deceptive business practices
BudsGunShop.com - Barrel defective they refused to return
2 comments

Will I be the victim of a Stolen Identity? I ordered a gun online with my credit card Friday, March 25, 2011. It arrived to my FFL dealer exactly 6 days later. But much to my surprise, I received three unauthorized charges to my credit card. My credit card company called to tell me of possible fraud charges. They closed my account. I needed my credit card for a business trip that following week. Guess what? I couldn't! I had to pay my brother to fly with me and have him pay for everything. You cannot go anywhere in this world without a credit card. I had not used my card until the Buds purchase. It's never used unless it's a purchase above $1, 000.00. My credit card company would not elaborate, but I did the math. Buds Gun Shop's online credit card processing was the likely culprit. In fact, I just received an email that admits to many customer complaints. Their notice said they are shutting down online card processing until they can figure out if they are responsible. Responsible? Hell yes they are responsible. I'm sick and tired of these amateur companies with their lackluster security. Pay real money and hire real companies that monitor financial transactions! If you cannot guard against hackers, you destroy your reputation. Now I have to deal with a possible stolen identity. That will cost me over $250 a year for identity theft protection from two companies that perform completely different fraud preventions.

Same thing happened to me. If I were you, I would worry about IDENTITY THEFT. Because Buds Gun Shop had ZERO or OUTDATED security on their credit card checkout, the credit card thieves now have your name, address and email. They can start applying for credit under your name. I had to get two identification protection services; protectmyid and lifelock. That is frickin' costly. I would never ever use Buds Gun Shop to buy anything... even if they were giving away guns for $1.00

Learn how the rating is calculated

54 complaints