Budget SaversFailure to provide promised service

J

Hello (name) My name is John Smith and I am calling from Quality Resources because you recently purchased something from one of our marketing partners and this call may be recorded for quality and security purposes and I will be brief. The reason we are calling today is just to let you know as a preferred customer you’re receiving $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers in the mail. These are free and good for one year and you can buy your gas anywhere in the U.S. Now these should arrive in about 2 weeks so please keep an eye out for them, in the same envelope we’re sending the first 30 days of Budget Savers for only $1 dollar. It’s a brand new saving program that will save you money at a couple hundred stores like Home Depot, Target and Best Buy also restaurants like Chili’s, Red Lobster and McDonald’s. This is something we only send to preferred customers so there is no obligation to keep it and nothing to send back. Even if your not interested, make sure you don’t throw away the gas vouchers, the $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers is our way of saying thank you for being a preferred customer.

Remember the 30 day trial is only $1 dollar. It gives you full use of all the discounts. If you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days your benefits would extend automatically for just $24.95 a month again that’s only if you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days. It would be charged to your (Visa/Master Card/ American Express) ending in (last four digits). You can call and cancel anytime, on the toll free number that’s located on the front page. Either way you keep your $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers as a thank you. You still live in (city/state) correct?

Great, before I transfer you to our verification department to read your address back to you and to verify I did my job correctly, do you have any questions? When I transfer you, you’re going to hear a click. It may sound like I am hanging up. I’M NOT! It’s very important that you hold so you don’t get the same call again, ok? Enjoy your $50 dollars in gas vouchers, please hold.

TCPA=Always Attempt / TOL=we will add you to our internal do not call list.
That’s fine Mr. / Mrs. (last name); if you have any questions call [protected]. We are not calling from Visa/Master Card or American Express; we are a company calling you with a discounted offer. Have a nice day.

This is the script they read to you, they changed their name from Value Plus to Budget Savers but its the same stuff.
www.valueplusonline.com
www.budgetsaversonline.com

How it works is you agree to the dollar for 30 days and then get transferred and they up sell you two other packages. They are trial periods.
$1.00 - Budget Savers goes to $19.95/$24.95
$9.99 - Health Package goes to $49.95
$1.99 - Entertainment goes to $ 19.99 (i think)

• Ar
    A rep Jan 07, 2016

One thing I don't understand is we as reps tell you how long the trial is my company clearly states 14 day trial then if you decide you keep it 29.95 the cancellation number is given to you twice so now its a scam because you paid no attention wow

• Ty
    tyojo May 13, 2015

I have the same problem with them. While i signed up for a free trial membership, i cancelled it as soon as the vouchers came in the mail. They were not relevant and not exceptional. I was billed a month after cancellation, i angrily demanded a full refund, and i was refunded. To my disgust, i was billed $19.99 from another company. I did not have their contact and sent a mail to budget savers since i got a response from them earlier. This dreadfully rude individual replied me, and even went as far as saying 'boo hoo' to me. Who does that in customer service??? In any case, fortunately i saw a phone number from my bank statement and the lady that picked was helpful enough and promised me a refund. I think budget savers should be scrutinized carefully. Their staff are not professional.

Antoinette Sblendorio Aug 14, 2014

Antoinette Sblendorio Aug 14, 2014

Cancel Budget Savers. PLEASE CANCEL! Spam. 300319
    August 13, 2014

marec Apr 21, 2014

I have had the same problem. Even though I called twice to cancel, they say they have no record of me called. After nearly a year, I had to have my bank call them in order to get the cancellation done. Now they say I can not get a refund. It is a scam and they are crooks. You get nothing for the 29.95 per month. Not even the 100.00 gas card. I am looking for a lawyer to create a class action suit against them. anyone out there interested?

Saltine Nov 14, 2013

I noticed continually having charges to my account for budget savers, , , , , , looked today at the complaints about them, , , , , , call the one number someone had put on line, , , , , , , , was the wrong number of course, , , , , , , , , , the gentleman told me to call [protected], which i did go a real person, , , , , , , , , she told me her name, & badge number, plus confirmation number... said I would be cancelled, , hope this helps..., , , ,

[email protected]

• Be
    BeausMom Oct 24, 2013

Seems like they've gotten hold of my husband's debit card number. He denies that he authorized any charges to the card. Looks like we're going to have to cancel the damned card and contacting the AG of the state to stop this.

• In
    intelligent1 Jul 19, 2013

every call is recorded and regardless of what you say you "didn't authorize" you did. they have very strict federal guidelines and maybe you should actually pay attention to what the sales rep is saying. no programs can legally be sent out without your authorization. dumb people only hear what they want to and don't pay attention to what is actually said because if you had you wouldn't be false in your statements as to what you were supposed to receive.

• Am
    )(*&^%$#@! Jul 07, 2013

I did not agree to anything to anything when they called, I hung up on them and they are taking money from my account. I had purchased hearing aids from MSA30X, 7850 Ruffner Ave., Dept 4000, Van Nuys, Ca. 91406. If you order from this company they will give Budget Savers your account number. I have called Budget Savers twice.

• Ve
    veronica cortes Mar 14, 2013

i cant find a customer service button to push so that i may cancel my services..so.. will you please cancel my budget savers acount.. thank you.

• Ti
    tigereye11 Jan 04, 2013

Company continues to charge $29.95 after cancelling in which I didn't know the reason for their charges to begin with. How are they getting away with it?

Johnny L. Price Dec 01, 2012

I signed up and before I got my membership package they billed my credit card before my trial was over, so I cancelled my CC

• DIRM74 May 22, 2012

thx for the info

• Su
    Sunshine84 May 22, 2012

They get your information from purchases you've made online. In my case, it was from a concert ticket purchase. They have all your information except the your FULL credit card number. That's why they ask you to "confirm" your credit card number. DON'T DO IT! It is a SCAM! I am notifying the Better Business Bureau. We've notified our bank so they will not allow any charges to occur.

• Ty
    tyger Apr 17, 2012

This is a scam of highest degree. how can people work for this company. I have had problems as well. surely there must be asn agency that can shut them down.

• De
    Della Davis Mar 31, 2012

Budget savers $100.00 gas card please dont send me anymore infomation

• Fl
    flush Jan 27, 2012

I received your letter with the Subscriber Number, attempted to enter it with email address, last name and password but will not accept. Help!
    [email protected]

• Dm
    dmann11 Jan 23, 2012

I feel everyone should conmplain to the Better Business Bureau like I did.
    Response will be emailed to : [email protected]
    Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : January 23 2012

Sempris LLC
    PO Box 5265
    Hopkins [protected]

Complaint Description:
    I was told I would have a 2 week trial and was charged prior to 2 weeks. I was told I would have a 2 week trial period to review the material and the material would be mailed out to me in 2 weeks. I immediately questioned the logic by saying how do I have a 2 week grace period when you aren't going to mail me the information until 2 weeks, that takes my 2 week trial period away waiting for the information. The gentleman said, oh no the trial period doesn't begin until after you receive the information, you actually have 30 days to decide. I received the packet 2 weeks after the phone call and 2 days after receiving the packet my account was charged $29.95. I was also guaranteed over the phone that I would receive 100 in gas vouchers as a free gift just for looking at the product. I argued with the man on the phone that this sounded like a scam and he assured me it wasn't. In the packet is says "When you enrolled in Budget Savers, we promised to give you $100 in Gas Rebates. Go to www.budgetsaversonline.com/open/form/100gas to claim them now!" I have tried several times to access this link and it just takes me to their home page where there is nothing about the gas rebates. When I called the company this morning the woman argued with me that they had done nothing wrong. She said I had 2 days to review the material and call to cancel if I so desired. Every time I tried to explain my case to her she was rude and would cut me off. I even tried to tell her that the gentleman said our conversation was being recorded and that she could listen to the recording to see that I was telling the truth and that I had been scammed by her company. She once again said there was nothing she could do and they hadn't done anything wrong. After several minutes of getting nowhere with her I told her I was going to- "report us to the better business bureau, good luck" and then hung up on me before I could even finish my sentence which was report them to the better business bureau. I feel someone should look into this company and prevent them from doing to others what they have done to me.

Your Desired Resolution:
    I would like to get my $29.95 back that should have never been taken from my account. I would also like someone to look into this company and prevent them from scamming other people like they have scammed me.

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 10 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.

Angelgirlsad Jan 20, 2012

i bought something from a t.v. ad, , swiffer sweeper. they told me i had won a gas card and that for one dollar i could get so much more. At first i thought this is cool, , then they asked me for my card number several times.. i quickly said forget this, , i do not want any of it. The woman told me she would cancel it and i hung up the phone. Now I notice that money is being taken out of my bank account $29.95 every month. I never authorized that nor did I ever get anything for the money they are taking out of my account. I never received anything from them in the mail. I called my bank and I am going to cancel my bank card. This is a scam and they are stealing peoples money. This needs to be stopped, it is not right. Unhappy

• Ta
    Takecareofit Oct 07, 2011

To cancel their fraud services call [protected] as soon as you can, tell them you do not authorize any charges from your credit card, debit card, etc. If you receive any membership letter in the mail, immediately e-mail them again and write them the same thing at www.budgetsaversonline.com Do Not give them any more personal information! only the membership number that came in your mail from them to cancel, I did this they replied by e-mail that I had been canceled. with a confirmation number. My bank told me you can use this to dispute any further charges from your account they make take fromyou

• Ge
    Gelay Sep 01, 2011

I started to have charges showing up on my account for a company called Budget Savers for the amount of $24.95 Then from others called Savings-to-go ($14.95), Travel Members ($19.95), and Privacy Members ($29.95). And come to find out there all the same company!

• Sh
    sherrywaff Aug 11, 2011

Hi, I was just shafted as well they charged my card and then charged it again for the same thing plus the membership fee.Becareful and listen very well to all they say if you plan on get any of those. They didnt even give the thirty days. It was fourteen then charged my card. and same as above they act like they cant find your account and ask you repeatedly your name and address. luckly I printed off the invoice that had the order number on it...BEWARE...BECAREFUL. THEY HAVE YOUR CARD NUMBER AUTOMATICLY IN THERE SYSTEM...I CANCEALED MY CARD AND GOT A NEW ONE!!! SHERRY IN EC NC

• Ve
    venicementor Aug 03, 2011

THIS IS A SCAM!!! YES, I AM YELLING INTO THE COMPUTER!!! THESE MOTHERS ARE CROOKS!!! O.K. then, at the end of May a charge for $1.00 appeared on my American Express Account - I may not have noticed it was on there until the next charge of $29.95 and the NEXT $29.95. when I called them, after talking to some snot nose ###, the first time and she cut me off. I called again and found out that the charge was allegedly for "Budget Savers". I said, "NO WAY" would I ever do this and how in hell did you get my Amex number. Apparently they now have a way that if you even check something out, without even giving your number they are able to track you and bill you. I must have been on some cocamami site and looked at and realized what it was, even though I did NOT submit my card number. I left the site and they somehow got my card number and used it. This card is the only one I use when I have purchased something on line, so that I keep and better eye on things. Apparently they have it in they system and even if you begin to register for something and you realize what it is and eradicate your information THEY ALREADY HAVE IT!!! ### - the pox on them.!!!

• Jk
    J Keenan Jul 15, 2011

I received a call from them and was promised all this stuff like a gas card and some other things, but never got them. They took 29 dollars from my bank account!!! They are nothing but a rip off.

• Fu
    FURIOUS FOOL Jul 08, 2011

Okay, consider me another FOOL who was scammed by these SOB's. They've been charging my card $29.95 since January...but, because I've been making travel arrangements, renting vehicles, and renting trucks, I didn't realize that "BUDGET SAVERS" was not a rental agency. Now that I know who/what they are, I'm trying to get my credit card credited, and am getting the whole run around. Because I didn't cancel by the month's deadline, and because they were able to steal from my account for six months, they can't credit my card, but I have to wait for paperwork to be sent to me, fill it out, and wait to see if they'll even do anything. Mind you...I NEVER GOT ANYTHING IN THE MAIL FROM THEM IN THE BEGINNING! WHY WOULD I CANCEL SOMETHING I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS ENROLLED IN??? I DID get two other packages in the mail, one from Shoppers Advantage, and one from Great Fun, which I cancelled in February. IF I DID receive their packet, I would have certainly cancelled it along with the other two!!! This is such a bogus scam. I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for this!!! I told them I was going to the BBB with this and, of course, their response was that it would just hold up the process of getting my money back. Yeah...right. Yes, I know it would, but...it would also let others know about this SCAM!!! They just want to steer you away from the BBB so they don't have MORE complaints against them. Rotten Basta*ds!!!

mad-as-h_ll May 11, 2011

I got the same call as everone else from Budget Savers, I was told enjoy it for 1 month for a $1.00 then if not happy I could cancel. Well vI went to get the $100 in cash-back gas rebates, what a joke, what a scam, so I called to cancel after I read on the letter that after 15 days they are going to charge my bank account $29.95 mind you I just got the letter on 5/6/2011 and they charged my account on 5/5/2011. I asked the lady if they was going to refund both the $29.95 plus the over draft fee of $30.00 she just said what about it!... What a ### very RUDE, if I get any more charges I will get a lawyer friend on this, they are taking advantage of way to many people.

• Mo
    momorosie May 03, 2011

These people should be rounded up and placed in jail. I received charges that i did not authorize on my account. somthing needs to be done about this company.

• Wo
    WONGA Apr 28, 2011

I AGREE, THIS BUSINESS IS A SCAM AND MY GOAL IS TO EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE, THEY THINK THEY CAN STAY WITHIN THE LAW BY USING WORDS LIKE "VOUCHERS", IN THEIR HIGH PRESSURE SALES TACTICS, WELL THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED, AND LIKE "ENRON" THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN! I BEEN RIPPED OFF SEVERAL TIMES BY SO CALLED BUSINESSES LIKE THIS AND ITS TIME SOMEONE STARTS DOING SOMETHING TO STOP IT! WE NEED TO START W/ COMPLAINING TO THE ATTN. GENS. OFFICE, THATS WHAT THEIR PAID TO DO!!!

• Ca
    caramel_sundae Apr 19, 2011

the same thing has just happened to me, have you found a solution for getting your money back? because i would sure love to receive my money back!! this is crazy!!

• Vi
    Vicki Griffith Apr 18, 2011

They charged my bank account $29.95 without my knowledge. I called [protected] and they credited the charge.

• My
    MysTaken1 Mar 14, 2011

No, the company's are not guilty of fraud...the reps who make the calls are. I recorded the conversation and was distinctly told I would recieve a $100 Gas card...nothing in the conversation was mentioned about it being a cash-back rebate program. Even then I recieved the confimation of membership and found
    1: I would be charged the next day as they counted the 2 weeks mail time as the "FREE" ($1) trial period.
    2: the link I was given for the rebate program DID NOT EXIST.
    The program itself can be worth the $30/mth if you make use of it all the time but if you are not a shopoholic or are an elderly single/couple then I recommend you stay far away.

• Hk
    H.Kricke Mar 09, 2011

My Subscriber # [protected] can't get to the website for the gas rebate 0f $100

• I also agree with each and every o f these complaints!!! This is a total rip off! I get calls ALL DAY EVERY DAY telling me i got this and that for only $1 the trial! I dont know how to stop this and im about to get a lawyer to help me out with this because I can not get them to stop! They are driving me crazy and I do not have all this kind of money to be throwing away without my permission! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

• Iw
    i want to kick some butt Feb 22, 2011

how do you get it to stop? i've tried a few times and they said that they would cancel it, but guess what its still taking money out of account! how do i get this to stop????please help me

• Iw
    I work hard for my money! Feb 18, 2011

I signed up with Budget Saver on February 4, 2011 for the $1 free membership for 30 days which would expire on March 12, 2011. I was billed for a full months subscription on February 10, 2011. When I called they told me that I signed up for the subscription on January 26, and it was for a 2 week free trial period. They are a rip off!

• Jd
    jdrn1 Feb 02, 2011

I have had the same experience as the rest of these complaints. However, I need to know who to call to cancel these charges. They are charging me monthly and I can't find a number to call them. Can anyone help me ?

• Heather I. Jan 12, 2011

I had to cancel my checking account because of them and open a new one. Yes, it is a pain but it will at least stop them from charging you!!!

• Ig
    i get paid to talk Dec 22, 2010

I work for one of the companies you are talking about. You need to understand that you are opening a verbal contract. We ask you "To complete this authorization please say 'okay'''. You verbally agree to it. You also give us your credit card numbers and expiration dates, as well as your birthdate, which you enter into your phone for confirmation purposes. If you did not want your credit card charged, why would you willingly give the information, and say "okay" when we say "to complete this authorization please say okay"? We CANNOT do anything without your authorization. Our company is compliant with government policies and restricitions, which is why we have been in business for so long. If you did not want the packages, why did you agree to receive them? Pay attention to what you are listening to. Stop whining because YOU forgot to call and cancel during your trial and you just want to claim the gifts. Whose trying to scam who?

• Pe
    people arent right Sep 24, 2010

i got the same call, saying it will coast one dollar, when i get the stuff if i didnt like it i can cancle well i never got the stuff and they took 29.95 out of my hubbys account, i told them the account wasnt mine, now i have to call them and fight with them and get his money back, wow!!!

• Pe
    people arent right Sep 24, 2010

i know i got the call to, she said just pay one dollar to get the stuff which i never got in the mail??? once i got it i was to call to cancle it but have no phone number to do so, now what can i do????