[Resolved] Breville Groupbreville iron easy glide 1800w

C Jul 12, 2019

I bought a Breville Iron 5 years ago. I had no problems with it until today when it went on fire as I was ironing. I sustained a burn to my wrist and the iron is burnt out. I was very shaken by this experience and am lucky that I wasn't badly injured. I am attaching photographs of my wrist and the iron showing the burns and where the iron burnt out. I would like to know where I take this matter from here as I would hope that this would not happen to others.
Caroline Kavanagh of Ballyshelin, Bridgetown, Co. Wexford, Ireland. Postal Code Y35 WV88. My phone number is [protected]. Email - [protected]@eircom.net

• Breville Group's response · Jul 12, 2019

Please note, this is actually not a product related to our brand, the Breville Group (Breville Australia) as you have assigned it to. This product is made by Jarden Industries in the United Kingdom, Breville UK. In the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe, the Breville name is privately owned and operated by Jarden Industries as a totally separate and unrelated company to Breville in the rest of the world. Please refer your inquiry to Breville UK / Jarden Industries at www.Breville.co.uk however this matter and product is in no way related to www.Breville.com / the Breville Group.

• Resolution Statement