Having problems with Brave New Look?

237 Kearny Street #9091
San Francisco, California
How does Brave New Look work?

Brave New Look is an online pop-up store that produces each order on demand. Every order is handmade and is being sent by the company directly to you - no middlemen involved.

How can I contact Brave New Look?

As it is mentioned on the company website - Brave New Look can be contacted via email [email protected]

Various sources also claim that the company can be contacted by phone  - +1 (855) 559-4445 & +1 (415) 404-6469 (This contact number is accessible Monday through Sunday from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm).

Where is the company located?

Brave New Look is located in San Francisco, California

How long does it take to ship?

Company states on their website that they ship with USPS, and the approximate delivery time is ~3 days, however,  as it is mentioned in many reviews - delivery times might differ, and sometimes it can take weeks for the item to actually arrive.

What is the production time?

Production times can range from 2–9 business days, sometimes longer depending on the complexity.
What is the refund policy?

Since all products are custom made per order - refunds are not being provided, but the company offers free replacements if you contact them via email.

What are the payment options?

You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.

Are there any alternatives to Brave New Look?

Of course, Brave new look is not the only online shop that provides hand made products.

Probably one of the most well-known alternatives would be Etsy, which offers a wide range of custom goods.

Is Brave New Look a legitimate business?

We leave that for you to decide! On their website they provide a whole page with positive testimonials, however, they are rated F on BBB and as you can see in many reviews on our portal - people are experiencing various problems with them ranging from bad item quality to to delivery, customer service and many more.

Complaints & Reviews

Order 1751303 not received, continuous change of ship date

I placed an order on 5/3 for 2 Face masks with 15 additional PM2.5 filters, order# 1751303. Confirmation states ships in 1 to 2 weeks. On 5/12 I reached back out to see how they were doing, customer support indicated will ship in 7 to 10 days which means 5/19 to 5/22. On 5/20 reached back out to check on the status, the response was my order was at the top of the queue and would ship in 1 week which puts it at 5/27 and they would expedite the shipping.
5/29 have not heard a thing so I reached out and initially no response so I sent a fresh note to customer service, the response was I should receive my order in 3 to 4 weeks from my original order date (I ordered on 5/3 so I should receive between 5/25 and 6/1).

I went back to their website and they still indicate that Face masks are available now and will ship in 10 to 15 days which is deceptive at best.

I would like to get my masks and filters now or else get a full refund.

I have all the documents of correspondence in email but I do not see how to attach here.

Brave New Look Team Jun 01, 2020

Hi Bill S21, my name is Diane and I'm reaching out on behalf of Brave New Look. I am very sorry for the confusion and frustration you've faced after ordering from us and I'd like to make it right.

Best,
    Diane

Order 1763678.

This company Brave New Look has my money since May 5 and never honored order. I cannot reach them by phone and online support has not fixed issue and I still don't have the face mask I sorely need as I have autoimmune disease and must use. To prevent exposure to Covid 19. Please help.
Thank you.
Elizabeth S.

Brave New Look Team May 28, 2020

Hi Elizabeth, Diane from the Brave New Look team here. I'd like to sincerely apologize on behalf of our team for your frustration.

Due to COVID-19, we’ve had to face some new, unique challenges. We’re working around the clock to quickly address these issues and we have hired additional staff to help to speed up response times.

We would like to make this right. Please email us at [email protected] with your order number and our team will get back to you right away.

Cannot get through to customer service to inquire about the delinquency of my order. There is no way to contact the company!!!

I placed my order #1741876 on may 2, 2020 with the promise that it would take 1-2 weeks for shipping. Today's date is may 23, and there has be no communication from the company. I have tried to email and phone them. The phone number [protected] I found for contacting the company is not manned and there is no way to leave a message. The confirmation of my order states that "we will are happy to give you more detail if you contact us"!! Not true!

I have never had an experience like this with any company I have dealt with. They certainly don't care about their clients as is shown by their consistently low rating in general. Look at their website, obviously they have selected only the 5star comments to display.

I will soon be filing a dispute through my credit card company if I do not hear anything by may 26, 2020

Brave New Look Team May 28, 2020

Hi there, I'm Diane from the Brave New Look team. Thanks for your honest feedback, I’m so sorry you’ve had a poor experience ordering from us.

We’ve recently faced a lot of unique challenges due to COVID-19 and we’re doing our best to make it right and ramp-up support.

We have been able to locate your order and we'd like to make this right. Could you please send us an email at [email protected] and include your order number? We'll get back to you right away.

Protective masks with pm2.5 filter

I placed an order for these masks and filters on may 6th, and my credit card was charged that same day. Order #1763319 it is now may 18th and I have not heard anything back, I have tried to contact them via email, and text, a few times, but no one ever replies back to me. I fear I have been scammed. There is a number on their website +[protected] that they say you can text, but again, no one ever responds.

Brave new look
www.bravenewlook.com

Your order #1763319 is confirmed.
Yahoo
Orders

Brave new look

Wed, may 6 at 4:32 pm

Brave new look order #1763319
Thank you for your purchase!
Hi caterina! Thank you for your order!

Due to high demand, our face masks products may ship in 1-2 weeks, which is when we will be sending your tracking number. We ask your patience if you have not received it sooner than that. We work tirelessly to cut down delivery time, and are happy to give you more detail if you contact us.

View your order

$4.99
Total

$71.59 usd

Brave New Look Team May 28, 2020

Hi there, I'm Diane and I'm reaching out on behalf of the Brave New Look team. I'd like to apologize for your frustration with your order and communication.

We've recently faced some additional challenges and we've hired additional staff to help resolve issues like this.

We'd like to make this right. Please send me an email directly at [email protected] with your order number and our team will respond.

Thanks for your time and honest feedback.

Rearview mirror personalized charms order not received

I ordered 5 personalized rearview mirror charms on January 1, 2020. Today is March 3, 2020 and I still have not gotten them. I have emailed the company every single day sometimes 3 times a day. Also sent messages via facebook messenger & Instagram direct message and posted comments on their posts. They charged my credit card on January 1, 2020. I still have no answers from this company as to where my order is. They just send generic email replies and never reply back when I reply with questions. They just say it takes times. My order # is 1681442 please advise as to where my order is or give me a full refund. Over 2 months have passed and that is way too long when your website states about 10 business days.

Shirt

I ordered a shirt, after losing my dad, and couldn't wait to receive it. The day the package came I was very disappointed, upon receiving it, the image was crooked. I have tried numerous times to reach out to the company. I have not been able to find a telephone number to call them so I sent emails. I have sent three separate emails and have not heard back from them at all.

Christmas sweater

DO NOT order from this company!!! I ordered a Christmas sweater from them last year (2017) and never received it. I contacted them several times but the only contacted me back saying it was on it's way to drag out the issue until it was too late to dispute my credit card. I never received the item and I couldn't get my money back. THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

• Eb
    Ebonyalr Jan 27, 2019

We ordered an Army hoodie for my son and to this day, January 27, 2019, we've not received the item. There's not a phone number on their site to contact an actual person and they've only responded to my email messages once stating it was being created and would be sent as soon as possible. That was 3 weeks ago!

I know that was you night sky charm bracelet

My fiance passed away on January 6, 2018. Shortly after I ordered and received the above bracelet. Loving the saying on it, I wore the bracelet every day. Was heartbroken to notice one day that the bracelet and charms had tarnished and now have a black tone on them - the bracelet didn't even hold its shape. I'm heartbroken because the saying on it meant a lot to me, and I can't even wear the bracelet now due to the way it looks - I'm embarrassed to wear it. Ideally, I would like a replacement, but I'm afraid that the same thing would happen with the new one - but since I love the bracelet, and the thought means so much to me, I would like a replacement as soon as possible. Many thanks for your help

I know that was you night sky charm bracelet

Scrub tops

I purchased 2 scrub tops nearly 2 months ago that still have not been shipped. In the meantime, I injured myself at work (I am a veterinary technician) and had to have surgery. As it turns out, I am unable to enter back into the profession due to permanent limitations due to my injury.
Brave New Look will not cancel my order based upon my health circumstances and the items have not even been shipped! They cannot verify when the items will be shipped.
Their lack of compassion and money-hungry approach will surely discontinue any future purchases from me as well as any friends and ex co-workers that would have purchased from this company. Very very poor customer service, yet they took my money immediately upon my ordering.

Thin blue line scrubs

Ordered scrubs on Feb 26. Money was taken from my account. Still no product. Blanket emails are sent from an "intern" with this company giving a timeline for delivery. Have gone through BBB, state attorney general. Company will not respond to them either. I spent $84.48 on scrubs, with no product. Have reached out many times, with no response. This has to be illegal

Bracelet that says, "a piece of my heart is in heaven"

Received my bracelet today — omg, it is just a piece of cheap metal with a sticker on it, with the saying "a piece of my heart is in heaven". A sticker on the bracelet, no engraving!!! Paid a total of $24.98, which included shipping, for this piece of junk. I was to give this to my niece after the death of her father and brother last year... I am embarrassed to do so now! Don't buy anything from this company!!!

• Be
    Bellamie Mar 31, 2018

Maybe if you had READ the description on the website - you could see it very clearly states:
    Printed design (not engraved) No the company's fault you didn't check what you were purchasing.
    Also, you paid $25 including shipping . Exactly what kind of high quality piece of jewellery were you expecting?

Product I received was cheap

I ordered three rear mirror charms beginning of February. I received them and they are cheap. Plastic with crappy chains attached and I would not give these as gift to my family when we loss our mom. I have called them and left at least 20 messages. I have sent 14 emails to customer service, and the only responses I get is asking for me to take a survey regarding their customer service. I finally had to final a dispute with PayPal to get a refund. I have to wait till 4-1-18 before I can complete the process. PayPay reached out to them and as of today they have done nothing to resolve this matter. All I want is to return the product and a refund issued for $47 and some change.

Leggings

Wrong item sent and there has been no response other than an automated one to their "message". Emails to customer support go unanswered. Ordered 2/18 and they had no problem taking my money promptly, but when contacted about sending the wrong item (totally wrong, not just size but a completely different thing) they send an auto-response and nothing more. Through their website, or through email, no response.

Polygonal shorts

What I received vs what I ordered are two completely different items. Quality as well as design are fasly advertised. Honestly I would return these if I could but I had to pay for customs and everything. I honestly wish I had never purchased these and would like someone to contact me so we could settle this further. I am not happy. These are so cheap I wouldn't have paid 10$ for them nvm the like 50$ + I spent on them

Basketball charm

I ordered 10 basketball charms for the moms of my sons team and I never received an order number so now I am unable to track my order. I have tried to email customer service several times and all I get back is an Auto reply message. No one has gotten back with me regarding this issue and I have not received my order. They have charged my card so they have their money, now I want my order. Getting very frustrated waiting for them to respond. Our last basketball tournament is this coming weekend and I anted the charms before that. I will never order from this company again!

madgmom Mar 16, 2018

I had the same thing happen to me and shame on me for not reading the complaints on them. I promptly called mg credit card company and disputed the charge. I never received an order number or confirmation but like you they were quick to charge my card! File a dispute with your credit card company and get your money back! Good luck

Wrong product shipped

On 2/1/18 I ordered 3 bracelets. Each were different. On 2/17/18 I received 3 bracelets- 2 were correct and 1 was some random bracelet I did not order. I emailed customer service and got an auto reply back telling me if I was looking for my order, they are carefully handcrafting each item and to be patient. No actual reply from a person. On 2/23/18 I emailed customer service again and got the same stupid auto email. No one has actually contacted me to fix this. Customer service is horrible and I would never order from them again. Will also be complaining to PayPal for false products.

Wrong product

I ordered 2 books ornaments & one Mom is an angel ornament - order shipped on 12/29/17, arrived a week later. I opened it to discover the Mom ornament was really a bracelet. I sent an email on 1/25, and got a reply same day asking for a picture of the damaged item. I sent a picture 2 days later and haven't heard anything since. I re-sent the email on 2/8 and called on 2/14 -- nothing. At this point I want my money back not a replacement, because the ornaments are not really as pictured on the website, but I will keep the 2 I got.

Wrong product

Leggings

Ordered a pair of leggings and after 5 weeks, I finally go them. However, they were way too wide at the ankles and even worse, they had no waistband! I thought a simple refund or exchange was in order but nope! They do not answer the phone number provided on their website, they do not reply to e-mails and they do not provide any customer service at all. Look them up on bbb. They have an f rating because they do this to most, if not all of their customers. Thankfully, I ordered thru paypal and they refunded my money. And since I still have these incredibly horrible leggings, I wear them to the gym occasionally just so I can tell anyone who asks where to not buy leggings :-)

Book bulb christmas ornament

I ordered 10 "Book Bulbs" (order #1485041) as presents for my Book Club. The price was $20 per ornament (supposedly reduced from $50) with 5 free if you ordered 5, which seemed like a reasonable deal to me for what was described as a "hand-made" "bulb" and was made to seem in the photograph like a traditional glass bulb ornament with a 3D representation of a pile of books, https://www.bravenewlook.com/products/old-books-bulb-ornament. When my order was delivered on Dec. 6th I was aghast to find that I had paid $10 each for a flat piece of machine pressed metallic plastic with a photograph of a pile of books glued to it. I attach photographs below. I immediately (on Dec. 6th) let the company know of my dissatisfaction. They originally sent me a computer generated reply, but never got back to me. When I recontacted them they refused to refund my money, presumably on the basis that the order was "custom" and "made to order." I find it hard to imagine anything more mass-produced. I have never known an on-line retailer refuse to refund an order if it wasn't what I expected.

Christmas ornament

I ordered a Christmas ornament order number 1493942 on Nov 20th, 2017. When I reviewed the FAQ--it is clear that this promotion ended on Nov 27th and that is should have been 14 days from that date for delivery. It still has not delivered and I have sent SEVERAL emails asking for an update--no communication back to me either by phone or email.

I want my money back. I will not ever order another thing from this company. The communication is terrible and the service recovery is dismal. I see SEVERAL complaints have been logged with this company. It is a scam.

• Ka
    Karengal408 Jan 06, 2018

Well, I hope you read the description of the ornament because I ordered two and was really appalled at the size of these things. I am asking for a refund. Good luck, huh? I don't know how anyone can charge $20 for something like this.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices