Having problems with BookRenter.com?

1200 Park Place, Suite #250
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

so unfair

I returned them books for sure, but they say I didn't. And they charged me for books rental and for books themselves. I regret I didn't print my receipt out so I could prove what they did was wrong. They blamed me for things I haven't done and took my money. The way you treat your customers is terrible and I wish you to lose all of them. I will never use them again.

Textbook Rental

Upon returning two books to two different renters, my daughter mixed up the editions of the same book. Bookrenter swore they received the correct book. The other renter then returned Bookrenter's book (and charged me $115 for the one Bookrenter kept). After two months of trying to resolve, I provided Bookrenter with the USP # of their book that I had in my possession and provided them with a label I paid for to request return of the other, more expensive book. They then claimed they "discarded or recycled" the more expensive book. While I know they cannot be held responsible for books returned in error, they continued to lie about receiving the "correct" book until I had proof that they couldn't have, then relieved themselves of responsibility. Terrible customer service, ran me in circles for two months with ridiculous responses.

This is the worst book renting website!

I ordered a 3-months rental and the books I received were horribly damaged! I contacted customer service and the bookrenter promising to expedite the shipping of a replacement. But I never received anything and contacted them again asking what was the problem. I was told that my books are no longer in stock. I told them I will keep the damaged books since I need them for my work. But they said that I already ordered a replacement and their system will not let them change it, so I will have to return the damaged book back within 30 days or I will get a punishment. I was like „Is this a joke? If it is then it is not a funny one!” Well that's fine by me, I will never order from them again!

They lost my book and hold no responsibility!

BookRenter.com is Horrible. I rented two books and returned them before due date. I put the TWO books in ONE package as the return instructions said so. Then they send me an email that they had received ONE book but not the other one. How can one just have received one book and not the other if they are in the same box?! Why would anyone from FedEx just take one book out of the box? The missing book was UNDER the other book that was received by them. Very ODD. I find it rude that they implied I intentionally kept the other book which I did not. I made SURE I put both books in it. It is clear that someone at the return depot messed up. They told me they discarded the box and could not find it anymore so they might as well overlooked the second book and discarded it along with the box. Calling back and forth with customer service they kept telling that the only solution is to buy-out the book. "Yours to keep!" stated on the website when you buy-out. Whatever. I WISH I'd had bought out the book instead of returning it so I would at least have something in return for my bucks! So beware if you return multiple rentals in one single package. They can pretty much screw you over anytime by telling you they did not receive one of the books and say they are not responsible for it (even if they lost the books themselves)! Bookrenter.com First Time = Last Time, Never Again!!

• Rl
    rleon Jun 13, 2011

Same thing just happened to me, they just charged me a rental extension on a book that i already sent in. I find it quite ironic that it was the newest and most expensive bbook that was in my return package. I will be calling customer service tomorrow to see what happens.

• St
    student_renter Aug 27, 2012

Do NOT use bookrenter.com. They accused me of not mailing the book back to them. Fortunatley I saved my receipt from the post office which has the date, time, weight, and prepaid shipping label included statement. They keep making charges to my credit card. They already have 58 complaints towards them to the BBB including the one I just made.

no_to_bookrenter Jan 06, 2013

Same, exact thing happened to me! What is going on here. This has to be some type of scam. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Ca
    CarrieL Feb 18, 2013

Just happened to me too! UPS shows received at their location but they say they don't have it! This company is a rip off! They said I would only be charged for the lower priced book, which is wrong, being that they shipped together. I am still dealing with the 12 year old manager that calls to "handle it".

No email

Hi Ninja2003,

I'm so sorry you weren't able to find our email address. If you are in need of customer service, you can contact us at by email at [protected]@bookrenter.com. Also, you can always contact Customer Service via live chat, email, phone, or our Customer Service form at http://www.bookrenter.com/customer_service.

Thank you for using Bookrenter.com for your college textbook rentals. I hope you have found our service to be a positive way to help save money on your textbooks.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices