Honda Cars of Katy Logo

Honda Cars of Katy

Having problems with Honda Cars of Katy?

Honda Cars of Katy Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Honda Cars of Katy Customer Service. Initial Honda Cars of Katy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Honda Cars of Katy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Honda Cars of Katy. Discuss the issues you have had with Honda Cars of Katy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Honda Cars of Katy Complaints & Reviews

Honda Cars of KatyRefusal of Warranty Work

I took my 2011 Accord with 5200 miles to Honda Cars of Katy because there was a "popping" sound coming from the driver's side front wheel and because the light on the driver's door had gone out. They investigated the light issue and claimed that the door panel had been removed prior to my appointment with them and that the car had been modified, so they could not honor any warranty work. It seems as if there was not a ground signal going to the fuse panel, so the light was not working. The estimated out of pocket cost would have been over $300. After explaining to them that I have never removed the door panel(why would I), they still refused to do the work. I told them re-assemble the door and I would be in to pick up the car. Once I arrived at the service department to pick up the car, I was escorted to my car and not given any paper work. I had to ask for the diagnosis in writing and the paper work stated, that "customer refused any further work, no repair completed". I had to get the service director involved to sign on the service ticket that THEY refused to complete the warranty work.

I now have an appointment 200 miles away at the dealership where I purchased the car in San Antonio, Gunn Honda, who has always taken care of their customers. They even offered to pay for my fuel to get down there since another Honda service department was causing issues.

Simply DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO HONDA CARS OF KATY!

Oh, and for the popping noise, they said they couldn’t find an issue, although the second I got in the car to drive away the sound was persistent.

Honda Cars of KatyCON ARTISTS

ON FEBRUARY 26, 2011, I CALLED TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY OF A 2006 DODGE DURANGO THAT WAS PRICED AT $14, 387. I WAS GIVEN AN APPOINTMENT TIME AND WAS TOLD THAT THE CAR WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO VIEW WHEN I CAME IN. I EVEN RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION WITH THE TIME( 2 1/2 HOURS FROM THE TIME I SPOKE WITH REP) 230PM, VEHICLE DESCRIPTION, AND THE REPS NAME JOANNA THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO SEE. WHEN MY FAMILY AND I GOT TO THE DEALERSHIP(HUSBAND AND 3 KIDS UNDER 5) TO OUR SURPRISE JOANNA WAS NOT A SALES REP SHE WAS JUST AN APPOINTMENT SETTER. WE WERE THEN ASSIGNED A SALES REP NAMED NICHOLAS. HE THEN INFORMED US THAT THE VEHICLE WE CAME TO SEE WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND THAT IT WAS JUST SOLD A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR BEFORE WE GOT THERE. YOU CAN IMAGINE MY OUT RAGE SINCE I SCHEDULED MY APPOINTMENT AT NOON!! ANGRY WE WASTED A TRIP WE STARTED TO LEAVE SALES REP TOLD US THEY HAD OTHER CARS THAT WERE THE SAME PRICE. THEY TRIED TO TELL US ABOUT DIFFERENT CARS BUT NONE MET OUT CRITERIA THAT WAS SET BY OUR PRE-APPROVED LOAN OF BEING UNDER 75K MILES. THEY THEN FOUND A 2008 CHRYSLER PACIFICA TOURING EDITION THAT HAD 75, 373 MILES ON IT AND CLAIMED THAT THEY COULD NEGOTIATE WITH BANK(USAA) TO ALLOW THE EXTRA 300 PLUS MILES. THE CAR WAS VERY NICE, MY HUSBAND TEST DROVE IT AND OF COURSE FELL IN LOVE WITH CAR. WHILE HE TEST DROVE CAR I CALLED USAA TO ASK ABOUT THE MILEAGE ISSUE. WHO TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO INPUT THE VEHICLE WITH THE EXTRA MILEAGE BECAUSE THE COMPUTER SYSTEM DIDN'T ALLOW IT AND THAT THE DEALERSHIP WAS WELCOME TO CALL BUT THEY WERE GOING TO RECEIVE SAME ANSWER! WELL AFTER HEARING THAT OF COURSE, I WAS READY TO LEAVE TO GO LOOK AT OTHER CARS! BUT OF COURSE THEY SAID TO GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO CONTACT BANK THEMSELVES, AFTER OBVIOUSLY GETTING THE SAME ANSWER I RECEIVED THEY THEN WANTED ME TO APPLY FOR A LOAN WITH THEM, MY HUSBAND WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT CAR I GAVE IN THINKING MAYBE THEY COULD GIVE US A GOOD DEAL AND GET THE CAR HE WANTED. WRONG!! THEY KEPT ON PRESENTING ME WITH ALL THESE NUMBERS AND BS THAT I WASN'T GOING FOR BECAUSE IT WAS WAY OVER WHAT I WAS WILLING TO PAY, PLUS I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE SAME PRICED CAR WAS COMING UP WITH SUCH DIFFERENT RESULTS IN THE AMOUNT TO BE FINANCED. NOW ITS 5PM AND STILL THEY CAN'T WORK OUT THE NUMBERS TO GIVE ME WHAT I HAD WITH MY BANK. I'M READY TO LEAVE BECAUSE MY FAMILY AND I WERE NOW HUNGRY AND FRUSTRATED!! STILL THEY INSIST THEY CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. 630PM COMES AND I SAY I HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND AM READY TO LEAVE THEY SAY THAT THEY WANT ME TO TRADE IN OUR PAID OFF VEHICLE TO GET THE NEW CAR, I SAY NO WAY BECAUSE WE NEED TWO CARS! THEY CAN'T MAKE IT HAPPEN!! INFURIATED WE LEAVE AT 7PM WITH NO CAR AND A WASTED DAY OF CAR LOOKING AFTER BEING THERE FOR ALMOST 5 HOURS!!! COME TO FIND OUT THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY COULD OVER THE PRE-APPROVED LOAN THAT I HAD, THEN TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE AFTER WE GOT HOME WE LOOKED UP THE PACIFICA AND IT WAS PRICED ALMOST $2K MORE THAN THE DURANGO!!! THEY WERE TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY A CAR THAT WAS MORE THAN I WANTED TO PAY FOR BUY LYING TO ME AND THEN WHEN I WOULDN'T ACCEPT ANY OF OF THEIR TERMS KEPT US THERE WAITING FOR HOURS THINKING THAT I WOULD GIVE IN!!! THIS DEALERSHIP IS LOW DOWN AND ARE JUST A BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS. WE EVEN BELIEVE THAT THE DURANGO WASN'T EVEN REALLY FOR SALE THAT IT IS JUST A WAY TO GET PEOPLE TO COME INTO THEIR DEALERSHIP TO TRY TO SELL THEM SOMETHING ELSE. THE OLD BAIT AND SWITCH CON!!! ********THANKS FOR NOTHING HONDA CARS OF KATY!********

• Av
        AvaDoll Oct 16, 2011

We are having troublle with them as well. They are all liars, and I will stop anyone I know from buying or dealing with them

• Th
        thisallsucks Feb 28, 2011

That sounds like a similar situation I had with them several months ago, I just left, they are a bunch of con artists... period. Whether it is a new car or used, they are just a pure BS.

Honda Cars of KatyMisinformation

I was quoted via e-mail a "drive out" price of $21300. on a Honda SE CRV by Ricky Smith, Internet Sales Manager. Ricky and I discussed how much more it would be with leather seats, and he told me $1500 more, again a drive out price. They would have to install the seats, so I would first come out and pay (it couldn't be done by filling out the finance application and wiring the down payment) and the car would be delivered to me the next day. I also spoke with Dio Zorilla, my salesperson who assured me that if I drove out to Katy, (a long way from where I live), I would receive that price. Dio told me over the phone on the day I was going to buy my car (Monday, December 27, 2010) that he was "looking at it right now". When my husband and I arrived, they stalled and then Dion (an inventory specialist) came over with his inventory of cars, none of which were the price of the one quoted by Ricky. He had us test drive a CRV SE he found on the lot with the color we had requested. We thought that was going to be our vehicle. Then we were presented with the price, which was approximately $4, 000 more than we were quoted. They said that it had options on it, as did all of the vehicles on the lot. First I reminded them that they had quoted me a price and that Dio had told me he was looking at my car when I talked to him that same day. They had no response to that. I then asked if they had a CRV on order that we could wait for, and the head Sales Manager, I am pretty sure his name was Wayne, came over to show us his price list on cars coming in. He pointed out that we could get his LX model (a model down from what we were promised) for around $23, 100. That was more than we were promised for the higher model, and more than we were quoted from two other Honda dealerships for the LX model with an extra tint! This is your typical bait and switch sales tactic. Get the customer to drive out to the dealership, no matter how much trouble it is for them, and then you can change cars and charge them more! After all, the customer has invested so much time and effort that you can wear them down. I had asked Ricky and Dio several times before driving to the dealership if this was a real offer, stating that it was an excellent price. They assured me that it was.

They should be held accountable for this type of deception. I will never set foot in their dealership again. (If needed I can forward the email I received from Ricky Smith, however, I want to make sure my email address remains private!)

Honda Cars of KatyMisquoted Price

I took my 2008 Honda Accord in for an oil change under their service plan. When I picked my car up, they told me that there was something wrong with my rear brakes and that there was a lawsuit and I could get a reimbursement for the replacement. They quoted me a cost of $150 for the repair. I told them I would look up the details of the lawsuit at home before I brought it in to be fixed. I went home, looked up the lawsuit and saw that it was a valid issue. I then took it in the same day to get it taken care of.

When I went to pick up the car, the invoice said $238. I told them that the manager had quoted me a price of $150. After much discussion and denial, they finally called the manager who had quoted me the price to ask him. He confirmed the price, and they charged me $150.

What's more is that as I was walking out, I noticed the keys seemed a little lighter and I realized that they had only given me my car key back. The rest of my keychain which included my house key was missing. I searched my car, couldn't find it, and walked back in to ask the girl at the counter about where the rest of my keys were. They "looked" for it and told me they couldn't find it. At that point I knew that someone had stolen the rest of my key chain.

Needless to say after two terrible experiences with them in one day, I will not be going back. Bottom line: don't come here. They lie, they cheat, and they steal.

Honda Cars of Katy — SCAM

I put price request on www.whypaysticker.com and I got so many emails from different dealerships. I have...

Honda Cars of KatySelling used cars as new?

I purchased an Accord from this dealership in June. I was told that Honda had coordinated with XM radio and that there would be 3 months of free XM service as a promotion with purchase. A month and a half after I bought the car, the XM shut off. I called the dealership but they could not explain why. At the beginning of October my wife looked into purchasing a subscription package for the car's unique radio ID. In the course of doing this she uncovered that another individual was registered with this radio ID for the 90 day free trial and could see her information online (name, address, phone, etc.). My wife spoke with XM about this on the phone and learned this other person had the 3 months trial activated for that unique ID sometime in May, 6 weeks or so before we bought the car. We've been trying to work with the dealer to determine what happened. Had someone else bought it and returned it? I have previously been the victim of identity theft and this left me feeling uneasy. After several separate communications the dealership verbally assured me over the phone that they had documentation showing that the car and the radio ID had not previously belonged to someone else. They also promised to provide me that documentation but have yet to deliver on that promise. Phone calls and emails yield further promises from them that they will send me by the "end of the day" the requested proof that my car was not previously sold and returned. They've made this promise to me several times now but have not done so. I have not heard from them in over a week and they refuse to respond to any further emails. What I view as their purposeful failure to provide me with the promised proof that the car was indeed "new" leaves me now not only concerned that I may have been defrauded by this dealer by them selling me a used car as "new", but I am still at risk for my personal information being publicly exposed.

• Je
              Jennifer Nov 24, 2008

Dealing with the XM company has been absolutely awful!! They charged us additional charges because we paid "too early" for our year subscription...sounds like false advertising to me!! Not only that, but the 2 "ladies" we spoke with were EXTREME RUDE (XR)!!! I can't believe a company like Honda would let their customers be treated like that. This has been soooo disappointing. I sincerely hope that Honda will look into the problems with XM and perhaps change to another music system...one that treats Honda customers the way Honda treats us...with respect and intelligence.

Honda Cars of Katyhonda Cars of KatyCancelled the Extended Warranty

I purchased a used Toyota Corolla from Honda Cars of Katy on 26th June 2008. I was offered an Extended Warranty on this, which I opted for, not knowing that it actually added $1599/- to my loan. After realising this, I cancelled this on 30 June 2008 (which is just 4 days after I purchased it). I was told that the refund will directly go to the loan (which is perfectly ok for me). Now, it is already 2 months after I cancelled, but there is no refund. I enquired with Justin Windsor, 4 weeks after I cancelled. He told it takes around 6 weeks. Then I enquired after another 2 weeks, he said it takes around 8 weeks. Now, he startd saying, it takes 12 weeks. I contacted the general manager, Chris Morrison. He does not have any particular answer about this.