Bluegrass CellularI haven't spoke to one friendly representative and my bill has NEVER been what is was supposed to be

G

In April 2011, I walked into my local Bluegrass Cellular store to obtain new cell phone service for myself as well as my husband. One of the workers introduced me to a “special” plan they had: 2 lines, with unlimited talk, text and data for $120.00. After talking with the worker about the plan for over an hour, I decided we would sign a two year contract with the cellular company. My first month’s bill arrived a little less than 3 weeks later. The total due: $411.96. I immediately contacted their customer service line. They informed me that this was my bill and I must pay it. I tried to explain that this was the first month I had had service and my bill should be around $150.00 (because of taxes and other charges.) I spoke to 3 different representatives, all of which were rude and refused to help correct my bill. After two days of speaking with representatives as well as managers, I was finally informed that when the my service was set up, I was put on two billing cycles. Because of this my bill was over double. Finally, after 4 days of arguing with them my bill was fixed. Over the next 9 months I spoke with them EVERY month because my bill was way too high. Every month they were VERY rude to me. In February 2012, my cellphone started roaming constantly. I am a stay at home mom and rarely leave the house, let alone my town. My march bill was over $600.00 when I called about this they said it was roaming charges. I explained that I hadn’t left my house and had not been “roaming” at all. I spoke with a technician who informed me that it was because our house had a tin roof, we were pulling other towers. Every month I was getting a crazy amount of roaming charges, every month I spoke with rude representatives and took my cell phone into my local store. Even after my phone was shipped off for inspection, the problem was never solved. In October I was informed that my charges of roaming would no longer be adjusted and that in fact I was in a city over 200 miles away (I was not, nor have I been) and that they would not help me anymore. I was to pay my bill no matter what the amount. After talking to them for 2 hours, I went into my store where they informed me that in September 2012, a representative adjusted my plan which made my bill higher, but that the plan didn’t change. (It made no sense to me either!) In conclusion, I have had Bluegrass Cellular for almost two years and I have had to contact them EVERY month. I haven’t spoke to one friendly representative and my bill has NEVER been what is was supposed to be. WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

• Ru
    Russ L. Smith Jan 03, 2013

Spot on. They charge double what your agreement is and has to be corrected every single month until they decide they will no longer help you. They can't explain the bloated bill but insist you owe it. Total scam.

john m anderson May 20, 2013

I had a phone plan with bluegrass cellular in 2005 For 1200 minutes a month. I decided to downgrade my plan to 600 minutes a month For the following month. Instead of them waiting for the new month does start before they make my changes They did it right then and there So all of the minutes I used over six hundred minutes work now romaine. At the push of a button my phone bill went from $75 to over $600. The manager at the store said that yes it was a mistake And stated that all of this could be cleared up if I just paid half of the 600. Absolutely ridiculous. I tried to pay the original bill of $75 And they refused to take it. To make a long story short today I am paying a garnishment for $11, 000

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices