Blue Haven Poolsbad customer service

P

If you’re considering installing a swimming pool then I wouldn’t recommend Blue Haven Pools but would suggest that you find a company that will deliver on their promises.

We signed a contract with Blue Haven Pools in July after being assured by their salesman that our swimming pool would be constructed in 12 weeks - “6 weeks from signing to start (of construction)”, followed by “6 weeks to build the pool”.

The salesman also assured me that we shouldn’t incur any extra costs over and above the quoted price as there should be no problems with excavation at our property and plenty of local sites for disposal of the soil.

Blue Haven showed signs of incompetence right from start when our pool was delayed in planning because they somehow managed to get the plans wrong (which is quite amazing considering that it’s a simple rectangular 8m x 4m pool in the middle of a large empty space).

Construction eventually started 12 weeks after our signing of the contract.

Straight off the bat we were hit with additional charges of $500 for “extra travel to the tip site” and $200 for “tip fees”.

Next we were charged an extra $300 to re-route a sewage pipe that they managed to break even though it was marked on their plans and I’d repeatedly told them where it was located and had been assured that it was no problem.

Then we were charged an extra $720 for shoring because part of the hole caved in due to their re-routing of the sewage pipe.

Once the concrete shell was eventually poured, and the majority of the installation had been paid for, Blue Haven seemed to lose all interest in finishing the job and every time we called the “construction co-ordinator” it felt as though he was just stringing us along with one excuse after another as to why our job was being delayed.

Now it’s the 15th Dec (20 weeks after signing the contract) and we have an unsightly concrete shell in our yard for our Christmas guests to admire!

I’ve today been informed that the pool isn’t going to be finished until sometime next year.

If it wasn't so late in the day and we hadn't already paid these people so much money I'd drop them and take my business to a company with a higher standard of customer service.

So, as I said at the start, if you’re considering installing a swimming pool then I’d recommend that you give Blue Haven a miss and choose a more reliable company.

• Fa
    Family threatened Sep 11, 2021

Representative from blue haven threatened my family and to kill my small (chihuahua size) dog by coming over and wringing his neck all because he barked at him. This was after the pool was dug out despite strict stop work orders from council. No covid guidelines were followed with the worker not wearing a mask or socially distancing. Continuous verbal abuse was hurled at us by the worker and the property owner. This only stopped when the police were called and he ran away. No response to my complaint to blue haven despite a promised follow up.

• El
    Electro M Aug 20, 2010

Blue Haven Pools built a pool for me in 2008 and used a sub for the gunite who, unwittingly, used gunite that had too much clay in it. The result is that the plaster and tile is splitting open. My wife and I are teachers and we saved for ten years to build this pool. Now we get to tear it out and rebuild it and we get to pay for it all as well. Blue Haven will not even return a phone call. They are ignoring the California State Contractors Licensing Board. I don't understand why a company is allowed to do this to people in this country.

• Gi
    Gin Apr 21, 2009

Frustration, misleading changes to their in-house product-color, Delays.