Blue Green Vacation Clubthis is a scam where they made the rules and changed the rules after a completed purchase

We have yet to take advantage of the "wonderful" vacation experience that we purchased. As a "proud" owner of a worthless vacation, I still cannot believe we bought into this scam. Although Blue Green has a beautiful location (s), good luck getting into one. Upon purchase, we were told about the opportunities for impromptu vacations since due to work schedules, we could not plan a year in advance. The sales person wholeheartedly stated that a large number of customers do a "spur of the moment" vacation and they cater to "folks like us." It has never happened! As owners, we would have first choice with accommodations available that accommodate schedules like ours. Yeh, right!! Today, frustrated with monthly payments, fees and taxes, I once again tried to schedule a 3 day vacation two months in advance. Guess what!?! No room at the Inn. Perhaps retired couples that can plan a year in advance may find Blue Green works for them, but for us, after paying years of monthly payments, fees and taxes, we have yet to have that dream vacation. If you are NOT an owner at Blue Green, you can reserve a room now at a cost of almost $400.00 for that 3 day vacation, since they have many units available that are for the general public, but as an owner, there is nothing. Of course, we could book a room for 3 days as a non owner, but we have paid Blue Green thousands of dollars already, why pay them another $400.00? Blue Green needs investigated. This is a scam where they made the rules and changed the rules after a completed purchase.

• Updated by Laurel Crest · Oct 08, 2019

Want to talk with an executive officer about this so it doesn't happen to anyone again.

• Ka
    kana lay Feb 10, 2020

Scammer everyone agree with me let's join together and file a lawsuit

• La
    Laurel Crest Oct 14, 2019

Extreme disappointed! craphole
    artwork & drapes Super 8 auction.
    Carpet 40 YO.
    1 table was particle board.
    Table + TV stands from dumpster.
    Mattresses and linen very worn.
    Complain to office, said "tell us, won't put you in 1/2 visit". Prospects not in these, why owners?
    Solution: Make CEO stay a week there.
    EXPECTING A CALL [protected]

• Ra
    Raymond Melancon Sep 02, 2018

"My account was taken back by bluegreen even though i paid my 2016 maintain fee and had 15000 points that were on and i can't retrieve anything back... this is very bad business and i will let my friends know this"

• Fa
    Fahmidaaziz May 20, 2014

Hi!
    Me "Fahmida shetu Aziz" & my husband "Ahsan h. Chowdhury" jointly bought Bluegreen time share from Las Vegas on 3rd April, 2014, when we went there on vacation. We are from Toronto, canada. My husband is Canadian & I am Canadian resident.

We feel very pressured when we went on that seminar. It was supposed to be 90 minutes presentation.They hold us there from 11 am- 6.30 pm. We were exhausted. We wanted to finish it off. But their sales tactics & sweet talks kept us being rude & we made the biggest mistake to our life to buy that.

It was our vacation. They already wasted a entire day. We didn't read their documents neither they mentioned their was a 5 day time period we can cancel.

They also arranged a finance from US credit card company when we told them we can't afford it. They did a credit check & in few minutes my husband got approved of a credit card of $5000 for down payment & rest they finance too which we have to pay $330 every month!

So we went with it & bought 10000 points for $19000.

Mortgage is set like that. Our time share initial payment was almost $2500 & for 10 years we have to pay $330 every month.

After we came back to Toronto, we paid back $2500 to the US credit card company that financed us because it was too much hassle to transfer money from canada to US.

We transferred the payment to our canadian credit card from May, so they took $330 from that account too on 8th may. We want to cancel our payment ASAP. We don't want to pay anymore money.

We want to cancel our time share immediately & want to get back the money $2500+$330.

Because every time we want to book anywhere in the world, They have no availability. We tried Bangkok, Malaysia & few places in india.

They don't receive phone calls. And when they do they say nothing is available & we should book 1 year advance!

All below things applied to us why we want to cancel timeshare & want our money back:

Being told you can rent off & make mortgage payment & even can make money.
    Being told you are buying a real estate investment.
    Being told your timeshare is a tax write off.
    Being told they have a resale company in the event you want to sell your property/points.
    Verbose claims to induce the purchase of the timeshare.
    Not being informed of exchange fees and being told that you can travel freely at any time to any place.
    Not being made aware of maintenance fees or that your fees will increase.
    Not being informed of potential assessments as the property ages or that you may be responsible for additional dues when other timeshare owners have backed out of their timeshare.
    Summoned to a meeting under the guise it is a mandatory "owners" meeting only to be pressured and sold an upgrade.
    Not being able to use your timeshare, with the resort citing that nothing is available or you do not have enough points.
    Not being informed of the time period in which you can cancel your timeshare.

Please help. We bought a house last year in Toronto. We have a high mortgage to pay off every month. We are having sleepless nights. We cannot rent out to people too because every time we want to book anything it's not available.

We don't want to pay any fees until it's cancelled. Their is lot of scam which we faced before.

Thanks

Fahmida shetu Aziz.
    Ahsan h. chowdhury
    [email protected]

• Pe
    Peech Jul 29, 2012

We recently purchased a timeshare presentation vacation from Bass Pro shop. $99 for 3 days 2 nights in one of nine locations with the requirement of sitting through a 2 hour presentation. Of course we though it was a great deal for a vacation on a budget and two of the locations were close to our home so there wouldn't be much of a drive. After making the purchase we started looking online and are in a panic after reading the reviews. OMG I really wish we would have done our research before we made this purchase. I don't have any issue telling a sells person NO at the presentation no matter how high pressure it may be. I have read many reviews about people trying to book a date and getting a room in a location that was not even promised. What I want to know is, is even going to the presentation a total nightmare and what happens when you just walk out at the two hour mark. I have heard that some presentations go on for 4 or more hours. I am disappointed that Bass Pro Shops are even associated with this company. I am even considering leaving them as a customer because of their affiliation. I am glad we know what we know going into a presentation like this. I can guarantee I wont be paying any attention to the sells person. Those that went to the presentation, were any fraudulently charged or harassed for leaving at the two hour mark during the sales pitch? I have read that people get wrangled into staying while the sales team and managers constantly lower the prices and that those deals are only offered "that day". If we decide not to go to the presentation are we able to cancel our $99 purchase without any hassle? The paper we received stated we had 30 days to cancel in writing? From reading what I have read is that even possible. I would send it certified return receipt just to protect myself but from reading everything I have this is one of the shadiest companies out there. I know there are those that are going to defend this company and yes I know you are hired to to be a reputation defender. One or two "good " reviews are not going to change my mind. I am going with the masses on this one. I would love to see someone record this presentation with a hidden camera just to uncover their business practices.

Lord Mankinholes Jun 17, 2012

no problem booking a trip
    use your points dont save them
    MF have not gone up in 2012
    tell them no for the update or just unplug the phone, even better still go to the update (you can do one every 30 days) take the $80 and put it to your MF
    No rip off

• Fo
    fools Jun 16, 2012

Agree with many post, this is the biggest mistake we ever made in our life. You can never book a trip.. the rollover clause has changed. And the dues, fees, taxes keep going up.. Don't fall for any of it, they lie and are ugly to you when you don't want to spend good money after bad, bugging you to upgrade at any trip you do take. Wish they would fall off the face of the earh, or we could all get our monies back. Biggest rip off ever thought of.

• De
    deborah fox Jun 02, 2011

we are all screwed and you cant give it away and anybody that kinow, s the thruth about them would be crazy to buy into it

• Th
    thamos May 21, 2011

i agree with the one, s that say bg is a scam, , they sell you ocean front property in arizona i dont get how they get away with the lies and decieve i have worked in sales they do want you to make that sale we had to record our sales if bg had to do the same thing, s would be different they would not get away with the lie, s they would not make sales like they do. i have pinnacle on my back all the time i have lost enough money and i WILL NOT pay bg one more penney they do people wrong and every one need, s to stand and stop them, we paid them 14, 000 $ for something we never got to use, they tell you they will help yor sale, it rent it out for you lie, s lie, s when you buy something you expect it to work well they dont do nothing for you srewed and decussed

• Ha
    Happy Owner Mar 07, 2011

The problem with all of these complaints is your inability to read for yourself. Every bit of paperwork tells you exactly what you are getting...that little recording they do in the closing outlines AGAIN what you are getting...and you did clearly say yes and agree to everything on that recording...didn't you...tisk tisk! How are you going to blame a company for you not reading and making sure as a grown adult you have a clear understanding of what you are buying. If you are going in there and spending thousands of dollars why aren't you making sure it is all to your liking? Anyway, they are a great company. You get what you pay for...you get your points...use them how you like. There is always availability when I've needed it and thousands of others as well. Your family can use your points if you purchase a full ownership. The only time there are restrictions on that is when you are using bonus time or purchased a sampler. These are things you know...because you ARE told. Whether you decide to listen or not is your choice. See you are given all the information. You get all googly eyed because of vacation this and vacation that, you don't want to hear anything else! As for those of you complaining about canceling... it says it on your contract that you have 10 days to cancel. That means 10 days...not 12. They are open weekends and most holidays so that is a pretty crappy excuse for procrastinating. You had 10 days to cancel...are you going to tell me all 10 days were a weekend or holiday? I think not!!! Can't you people find something better to do than complain about that fact that you are a compulsive spenders and had buyers remorse the next day? I just love when people try to blame others for their decisions. Oh and it also says on that recording...NO ONE IN THE COMPANY PROMISES TO PURCHASE BACK YOUR POINTS OR INTEREST. They can help you sell it and you can even trade it as equity once its paid off to upgrade and get even more perks, but no one will ever promise the company will buy your package back if 6 months down the road you decide you don't have the time to travel. I have been an owner for 12 years and have NEVER had a problem. I have upgraded time and time again with no problem. I have sent my family members on vacation without a problem. I have used my points for a cruise without a problem. I have used the Yacht's without a problem. Ok well... as remorseful as you are, if you would put half as much time into booking your vacations as you have into complaining about them...you might see you have way more at your closed minded disposal than you think. Have a great evening!

LOOSING SLEEP COUPLE Feb 15, 2011

WE BOUGHT BG AT HARBOUR LIGHTS END OF 2010 AND FOUND OUT REAL QUICKLY THAT WE WERE LIED TO OVER AND OVER.. AND JUST FOUND OUT ANOTHER LIE. #1 RESORTS ARE NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.. WRONG. # YOU GO TO UPDATES QUARTERLY AND GET $100 YOU CAN USE TOWARDS MAIN. FEES.. WRONG.. #3 OUR CHILDREN CAN US THE V PLUS PART OF IT.. WRONG.. ONLY IF TIMESHARE IS PAID IN FULL.. # GETTING THE PERKS OF BEING A VETERAN WE GET AN EXTRA 6 MO FREE ON OUR MAINT FEES.. WRONG.. MILITARY AND VETS BEWARE!!! WE RCVD A CALL FROM OUR SALESREP TRYING TO SELL US SOMETHING ESLE BECAUSE HE HAD LEFT BG AND AT THAT TIME HE SAID HE WAS TOLD TO MAKE THESE OFFERS MY HIS MANAGER. HE EVEN OFFERED TO WRITE A LETTER ON OUR BEHALF SAYING SO.. BUT CHANGED HIS MIND. HE DIDNT WANT TO RUIN HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH BG. HE SUGGESTED WE EVEN GO TO THE MEDIA WITH THIS. WE HAVE SOME OF THIS ON A VOICEMAIL LEFT ON OUR PHONE. TO BAD IS HOW THE MANAGER FEELS.. OH YOU DIDNT GET ALL THIS IN WRITING? WE WERE THERE NOT FOR 2 HOURS BUT 5 HOURS.. GOING OVER ALL OF THIS .. AND DIDNT REALIZE IT ALL HAD TO BE IN WRITING. OH THEY RECORD YOUR ACCEPTING THE CONTRACT AT THE END. ANYONE THAT IS THINKING OF BUYING? BRING A TAPE RECORDER FOR THE SALES PITCH.. WE DONT KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS.. WE WERE TOLD USE IT YOULL LOVE IT. I DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF ANY COMPANY THAT TREAT PEOPLE SO BADLY. SHAME ON THEM!!!

• Tb
    TBMP Dec 06, 2010

If you are reading this to make up your mind to buy into BG please know that you are buying into a really bad investment. Not only are you going to pay the initial investments of points, but realize that you will be paying maintenance fees that go up every year. My maintenance fess started at$450.00 and are up to $750.00 for 2010.
    Points that you accrue you will not be able to use for high red seasons ( it was allowed when I first bought). I have 10, 000 point which don't go very far.

• Ni
    NickOklahoma Aug 18, 2010

Just for the record there are good and bad sales people. I was a BG sales person for 2 yrs. I for one tried to be honest with the people I talked with. However you have to realize we are taught what to say ... I had no prior timeshare sales experience before I worked with BG. Its also a 2 way street, selling is how these people provide to their family, your no better than them if you go to a presentation to get free stuff with no intention of buying.

However I will say timeshare is for some people and not for some people. There are some horrible tactics used and that is why I grew to dislike selling. I did alright being honest, it wasnt until managers told me I needed to start lying to get better numbers that I grew discontent with working there. Sales is a numbers game and if you arent making number you dont have a job. That being said, if you have any questions regarding BG timeshare feel free to ask, I am no longer employed there and will try my best to help...

• Pa
    Patricia Neely Feb 01, 2021

@NickOklahoma I've been with Blue green Vacation Clubs for 21 years. Haven't had any bad experiences but I can't afford the maintenance fees anymore. I only ever had 5000 points anyway and have never bought anymore. I haven't paid the fees for this year, will they try to get the money from me by legal means or will they just ban me from making reservations

• Ju
    Judy1 Jul 12, 2010

We have been Bluegreen owners for four years and have loved every minute of it. We have had several really great vacations at great resorts that we would not have had were we not Bluegreen owners. Yes you have to make decisions for weekly vacations in advance but don't most people do that anyway when you are planning a big trip? As for weekend outings we live in Michigan and have been to Mountain Run in Boyne several times without a year advance planning. This is one of the best decisions we ever made because prior to this most of the time I used my time off to take care of projects around the house. This was my husband's way of forcing me to take some time away from work at home and the office and it has sure worked. WE LOVE BLUEGREEN!

shu May 24, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
    Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor].

shu Apr 21, 2010

Yep...Whatever it take to warn consumers about you and your employer.

Lord Mankinholes Apr 19, 2010

Copy and past again

shu Apr 19, 2010

Hey [censored]s...how's is going!
    I see your over here at RipOff.com spewing more of your Bluegreen lies.
    Copy and Paste this you septic dweller.
    I find it hilarious that your profile says you live in England. Hahaha...PROOF POSITIVE [censored]S HERE IS A PAID BLUEGREEN EMPLOYEE!!!

lots of words no real facts: FACT: Bluegreen has a Better Business Bureau Rating of "F" in West FL Where Headquarters is.

no idea of how the system works: FACT: Here's how the system works A$$ Hole - BG makes promises they know they can't keep, unsuspecting people purchase what they have been told is the next great thing in Vacationing, people then discover they CANT go where they want when they want, they CANT sell it back to Bluegreen, Their Fees go up every year by 15-20%.

Copy and Paste this you ###.

Lord Mankinholes Apr 18, 2010

Shu

at it again mouth in overdrive is it

seems you must have had some new batteries in that cess pitt of a brain of yours lol

shu Apr 15, 2010

HAHAHA...WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

This darrek and phil are BLUEGREEN EMPLOYEES!!!

Why...WHY! if you are so in love with your bluegreen package would you be here at Complaintsboard.com????

You wouldn't. These puss trolls are Bluegreen minions that come here to post rebuttals to LEGITIMATE complaints. Bluegreen does that crap on EVERY complaint web site. That YAHOO site they advertise is nothing more than a den for these snakes to steer consumers to buying more points. "Upgrade to gold...that's what you need to do..." WHAT A BUNCH OF ###!!!

Bluegreen will tell you you'll get lots of wonderful vacations at lots of wonderful resorts then, after they've got you roped in tell you "We're sorry...you signed the contract and initialed on line so and so that you understand its all SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY"

Liars and Thieves. There is a special place in hell for these septic dwellers.

• Tr
    TravelMinster Mar 27, 2010

There are two types of owners of timeshares (regardless of what group they own: Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott, Bluegreen, Shell, etc.): happy ones and unhappy ones. We are the happy ones. We own about 12 timeshares and have spent as much as 131 days a year vacationing in our timeshares. Of course, we bought them in the retail market; paid as much as $6500 for one that offers free golf and free ski lifts (Christmas Mountain in the Wisconsin Dells) to as little as $500. Everywhere we go we write off expenses since we are conducting business by visiting clients, entertaining clients, or exploring business opportunities. Whenever we can't find a timeshare available we book hotel/motel rooms. After living in timeshare resorts going to hotels is very, very uncomfortable. We just got back from a two bedroom resort in Carlsbad, next to Legoland. We went to LA and San Diego to conduct business, but it was a treasure to unwind in a spacious 1100 square foot unit, instead of a cramped 450 square feet hotel room. We only ate out once by ourselves, but entertained clients by taking them to restaurants. We hosted several presentations in our unit and saved quite a bit of money over the cost of using hotel meeting facilities and being forced to use their banquet facilities. It has always been nice for us to use our timeshares for business purposes. Even if you are unhappy because you paid retail for your unit, buy another unit at resale. The second unit will increase your opportunity to vacation more; this is to get to an economy of scales. Of course, the resale value of your units will only be a fraction of what retail prices are, but your units you purchase at resale will soften the blow of the first unit. We were fortunate because we never bought any of our units retail, but even if we had, our eventual purchase of others have really increased our enjoyment of travels.

loosewire Feb 12, 2010

When we try to book vacations my wife gets irritated and thinks they are lying to her. However when I get on the phone (same call) I always get time booked. The difference? I listen to the rep and get them to explain how to get what I want. We are getting ready to vacation in march in the Branson area. We have 8 days booked for 3 families in all three resorts offered in MO. Total points used is 22, 000 We started out with 6, 000 points a year and just recently purchased an additional 26, 000 points a year for a total of 32, 000 points a year. The first 3 years of ownership we have taken 2 weeks a year for ourselves, mixed in 1 week for a friend, and 3-4 day trips for relatives. That is almost 8 weeks of vacations in 3 years. We have done this with points, bonus time and extra vacations through RCI. I have a friend with 40, 000 points a year and they have not been able to get as much use as we have with just 6K points. It is all about how you use the system. If you are having trouble booking time, change your search to limit the number of days. In march we will be moving 3 times in 8 days as we strung 2 day and 4 day stays together to complete the week. Most of this was booked 45days out. I am totally convinced that I am not saving money on travel yet but I am staying so much better than I was when we went to hotels. With the amount of points I now have I am selling off nights to family and friends at .10 cents per point and making back my MF's. My MF's and dues are currently $1, 700.00 per year but with 32, 000 points at .10 it = $3, 200.00 my goal is to sell 40% of the points each year. I recently booked a co-worker 4 nights at Big Cedar for 1500 points. I get $150.00 and he gets a great 4 day getaway. Learn the system and you will not be disappointed. I purchased my first 6K points from BG and the rest from Pinnacle. Could not be more happy.

Sam Sanarak Sep 11, 2009

we were lucky to get out of our BlueGreen contract. How? We challenged them to take us to court. We had been lied to, mislead, etc... over getting spots. NONE are ever available and we tried every location that we could think of. The rep.who sold us the points was conveniently transferred to another state when we tried to contact her so she could explain why nothing was ever available. I' sure it works for retired people who can book years in advance, for others run as fast as you can from their reps.

• Bi
    Bill Stevens Jun 22, 2009

I just attended a bluegreen sales presentation at Big Cedar on June 18. We were given 2 nights at an area hotel in Branson for $99. The hotel was okay and probably worth $50 a night. We also received $75 in gift cards to be used at Bass Pro or at Big Cedar resorts. So I figure we came out ahead. The $75 paid for a nice sunset dinner at the Devils Pool restaraunt with drinks. However, they led us to believe we were staying at the Big Cedar resorts, when we signed up. I searched the internet prior to attending the presentation and saw most people trying to resale their timeshare were selling them for $1 a point. Many were also offering banked points with the sale. BlueGreen is now selling them for $2.40 a point up to $3 a point depending on how many your buying.

The Pitch: They claim that the only way you can use the points at other bluegreen resorts is to buy through them and they are not transferable to use at other bluegreen resorts if you buy them at resale. They also pay for RCI membership and initiation fee which they claim is worth about $1300. To put it simple, they say the resale points can only be used at the particular destination, where they are deeded and doesnt' include other current or future bluegreen resorts. I don't know if you obtain an RCI membership if you can transfer points there or not. Also they offer bonus time, when you purchase with them that allows you to stay anytime you can schedule for $49 to $79 a night depending on accomodations, (studio, 2 bed etc). You can combine with points for extra time or use bonus time after points are used up for additional vacations.

The sale rep was very nice, and not aggressive or pushy, which wouldn't have gone over well with me as I would have told him to pound sand. He made a very good presentation, which I could see the value in. The value comes in down the road after it is paid off and inflation kicks in. However, each new bluegreen resorts charges more points to stay there. I thought about it as a way to stay a week at Big Cedar for the rest of our life and for our children to use after it is passed down. Did I buy it? No. The problem is how many people have fractional ownership and how many will they continue to sell? This relates to availability. I asked for a contract to take with me to review line by line and they would not give me one. They said I could have one after I made a purchase. ?????. Red Flags! Anytime you make a purchase, you should be able to review the details of the purchase prior to buying. I was a Realtor for five years and this was a big warning sign for me. My wife was listening to the sales rep in the cubby next to us and commented on what an ### he was. I heard part of his sales presentation and I would have walked out on that guy. I have read all the posts associated with this timeshare and I am glad I didn't buy one. Like many other businesses, it seems they have good and bad employees. They need to be concerned about the quality of service and availability. The better option: Find a group of people or friends to share ownership in a property. Have an attorney draw up the paperwork to make it fair and to determine maintenance fees, deeds, etc. You can hire a compnay to clean up after your stay and find someone to do the lawn maintenance.

• Am
    Amy Apr 11, 2009

Help get me out of this financial burden that plagues me and my family. I have 7000 paoints available for $7, 000 and you can buy them now just email me at [email protected]

Joanne McNeil Feb 25, 2009

we were bluegreen owers 12, 000 ptrs per year-we were told if we decided to sell bluegreen would buy it back-wrong- our first use was our special owers wk. in Branson, Mo we drove from Gulfshores. Al. arriving at the set time and someone was in our Apt.They had gone out and could not be moved out until late afternoon, we also could not use the club rec.pool because they cldn't find our mber no. even tho we had it with us.Second Carolina Grand, Myrtle Beach, just opened-hubby just out of hospital, drove from Al. no elevator 3 flts stairs-told no adj. rm.ours tineshare was for a 2bd.room assured at any blgr.owned resort not true.
    son slept on couch, smoke seeped under Adj. rm. next to us and blew in from veranda, pool not finished and pool at motel across from sent to not opened'we found another B.G. with 2 bdrms.onthe beach, less pts.told by blue green that Carolina Grande was only one there.LIe
    We have tried to sell this for 3 years thru Pinnacle which is another
    B.G. Company and after the fact they tell you if you sell it yourself or thru any other entity, IF, you sell it, the sale will have to be done by B>G> and cost the buyer another $3, ooo and no pt. exchange RCI Etc.We asked Pinnacle repeatedly to show us proof of attempting to sell
    they have never responded.after mega phone calls.We were told we did not in fact own anything we decided to quit claim this.vacation Pk. back to them they have now tried to ruin our credit I am 71 and my hubby is 64 our credit as of Oct. 2008 was 770/780 respectively, we receive threatening phone calls .I cannot believe that there is no one that will tackle this company that owns, Bass proshops
    Mossy Oaks is on the Nasdq, that is SCAMMING 1000'S OF AMERICANS, A group of Al. business owners went to Myrtle Beach, S.C. met with Chamber of Commerce there and know now that they do not want timeshare in our state, we talked to many parents of local College age students- so upset at the unethical techniques there sons and daughters are taught to sell, to lie.Joanne McNeil Elbeerta, Al.
    recently

• Th
    thumper Nov 20, 2008

They never stop the escalating maintanance fees.
    We have stayed in 3 bedroom condos in Orlando, for 4 years less than what we now have to pay for our annual maint. fee on our 1 bedroom Blue Green timeshare.

• Su
    Sue Nov 19, 2008

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER TRIED TO SELL YOUR "VALUABLE" BLUEGREEN VACATION CLUB?? If so, you'll find out that you and about a million others can't find anyone willing to pay anywhere even close to what you invested. I finally thought I had a real buyer through an online timeshare re-sale company that was referred BY BLUEGREEN. IT IS CALLED CLOUD 9 VACATIONS... They sold my timeshare, and Bluegreen transferred it to another owner... and I never received payment. So talk about a double-whammy... It's theft, and it's lies. BEWARE OF BLUEGREEN, AND CLOUD 9 VACATIONS.

• Gw
    gwyn Oct 06, 2008

My husband and I attended a time share presentation this past weekend. If you "won" 2 day 3 nights, just
    take advantage of the opportunity and say no to the heavy sales pitch. These people were so obvious in the way we were worked from one person to another. The initial deal was close to $40, 000.00, the second deal was $7, 000 of course the second deal had less points and both had the yearly fees in addition to this, lastly they came down to $995.00 for a one year deal with a limited amount of points. What I don't get is this, if everything is legit, why are there no business cards handed out? Why do you have to buy today, they can't offer the same deal tomorrow, yet if you have friends who go to the seminar tomorrow they can offer them the exact same deal. Thanks but no thanks. For $159.00 we received 2 nights in their studio condo, $50.00 worth of visa cards and our choice of 2 show tickets. It was worth sitting thru the spill for the cheap vacation. Word of advice there are always deals, everywhere, there are deals on cars, clothes, homes and even timeshares. If you really want a timeshare buy one cheap from someone with buyers remorse, you can get it a whole lot cheaper and you and the seller will both be delighted with the deal

• Dz
    Dzidra Brown Jul 17, 2008

I initially posted the complaint and am very happy for those that found this resort beneficial. Again I attempted to book a vacation time-impromptu as promised since they "cater to fols like us, " and again-NOTHING AVAILABLE. For any of you folks that are extremely happy with your package, I have a BlueGreen Resort membership for sale. By the way, I have been attempting to sell for FIVE (5) years- not even a nibble!!!

Mark Dixon Jun 20, 2008

My wife and I joined Blue Green 6 years ago. We were deeded to a property called Shore Crest in South Carolina. We paid for the membership in full which was $7, 500.00 and were sent the deed to the property. Last year we had a dificult time financially and were unable to pay our maintenance fees ($500.00) for the year. Blue Green cancelled our membership and sold our property. They told me that's the way it is. Read the fine print. We lost over $7, 000.00 on this. The ethical thing would have been to sell the property, take their $500.00 and at least send me the proceeds. Noooo!!! They took it all. Lock, stock, and barrel. Everything. These people should be avoided at all costs.

Gerald Holland Jun 02, 2008

If a hotel rents a room for $200 per day and has 100% occupancy it will gross $73, ooo per year or $730, 000 in 10 years. Out of this they have to pay all construction costs, interest, and operating expenses.

In 10 years the timeshare company collects:
    Payments for expenses and memberships $335, ooo
    Initial income from sale of unit 850, 000
    Earnings on 850, 000 @ 6% 510, 000 Total 1, 695, 000

Appears to me about a million dollar advantage to the timeshare company.

What is the name of the Bluegreen group on Yahoo?

Lord Mankinholes Jun 01, 2008

Gerald,
    since you have done your homework on what BG make from your uint I take it you have done the same for your Hotel room.
    We all know that ther are plenty of resale timeshare some are real bargins some are not.
    But please dont knock Bg if you dont know how to get the most out of your points.
    Join the Bluegreen group on Yahoo
    The investment you make in timeshare is for quality holidays and not how much you will make from it,
    we have had timeshare for almost 10 years and broke even on it so from now on its just the MF and club dues which give us a lot of quality holidays at a very low cost.
    I am writing this from a BG resort we are half way through a nice 2 week break

Gerald Holland May 31, 2008

Is there a user's group that is willing to get in the face of Bluegreen?
    I should have known better than to buy. Iwas caught on a day that I was trying to be extraordinarily polite.

When one can drive down the road a mile or so from any timeshare resort and see 2 - 6 billboards advertising timeshare resales and purchases one should know that something is rotten in Denmark.

Then if one tries to sell a timeshare one is pushed to pay an upfront "promotional fee" (one time, of course) of 500 - 600 bucks. If any are sold on ebay apparently they are going for 1/20 to 1/4 of original purchase price. Some deal!!

I figure that the percentage ownership that I own in my timeshare unit correlates to a total sale price for the unit of about $850, 000. In addition the annual maintenance for this one suite is about $21, ooo and total membership fees for this one suite come to about $12, 500. What a sweet deal for Bluegreen. And they ask us to pay $5 per year to help represent the timeshare racket.

But why should I complain. I am a grown man and I was stupid enough to buy it.

• Da
    Darryl May 15, 2008

Ive been an owner for more than five years and would highly reccommend the club. Ive made last minute plans and have gone to Orlando, Aruba, Branson, Wis Dells, Charleston SC and a few other places. I cant even recognize the company thats being complained about. Some resorts cant be booked last minute but what would you expect. I have nothing but good things to say, I love it.

Lord Mankinholes May 11, 2008

Gerald,
    i take it you are not an Owner who has bought since June 2006, since if you were you would knoe about Select Conections which allows BG owners to book 18 shell resorts in the West of the US.
    The ones which are assosiate resorts do only have limted inventory and yes these are moredifficult to get in, but come on these are a few of the 4o odd resorts in the BGVC

Gerald Holland May 08, 2008

Agree with most complaints. They described the experience to the T. Not many resorts. (Only 1 in western US) They only manage some properties in handbook so they claim availablity is more limited.

Exchange options can be used only in small windows of opportunity. Commonly exchange properties are said to be available "over a year from now." Promises are made to "put you on the call back list if something open up" or "you should call back in early ____ when owners have released their units."

Anybody ever sold a Bluegreen timeshare on the open market? Anybody know a good class action trial lawyer?

• Au
    Aubrey Apr 11, 2008

I have been a owner with bluegreen for five years and have to say I have been completly satisfied! We have two small children and totally enjoy our vacations. We take at least two vacations a year and have never had one problem. I will say that we recently tried to use bluegreen to stay in williamsburg, Va and they did not have any rooms available----reason being----they are building a new resort and and currently using a renovated hotel(SMALL HOTEL). This is the only time we have had any conflict. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza and the whole time my husband and I kept commenting how spoiled we are by Bluegreen. All the units we have stayed at have been clean, spacious and eployees have been curtious. If you dont like something tell them they will fix it. As far as the points you purchase not being enough to cover a vacation its all in knowing how to use the club and when you want to vacation. We only have 5000 points a year and can get two vacations out of it. However we dont vacation during high red seasons and felt that it was explained very good when we purchased. Know what your buying. Being a Bluegreen owner also entitles you to the use of RCI if you cant get what you want with Bluegreen try using RCI they are easy to use and have many choices. They offer whole week stays and you pay as little as two hundred dollars for seven days. All in all I think we made a goog investment in Bluegreen and look forward to our vacation at Orlandos Sunshine Resort in August!

• St
    steve jones Mar 12, 2008

I have owned now for 5 years, so far I have traveled to florida, branson area, jamaica, spain, new york, san fransisco, the bahamas, the bahamas on a cruise, and sent my daughter and her friends to daytona beach last year. I have never had a problem booking any of my vacations. The only reason I found this site was because I was search for the bluegreen website and noticed this one on the search screen. (I am at work and don't have it in my favorites)
    Before I was an owner, the cost of just 4 of my vacations that I had saved for over several years, actually cost more than what I paid for my points. I never travel for a full week, go off season, and I stay away from weekends. I paid off my points after only 3 years, now I pay less than $1000 per month to travel about 2 weeks of the year 3 to 4 vacations, staying in 100% better than a hotel. I still winch, remebering staying in a hotel on the beach in new jersey about 9 years ago, we spent over $400 per room a night for 2 rooms a total of $3200 for the 4 days we were there, one for me and my wife, the other for the kids, the walls were peeling from the seawater, the toilet didn't work right, it took until day 2 before they fixed it. We had to keep running to the kids room to use theirs. And this was supposed to be a good resort, as listed in some magazine I had read at the time.

• Si
    Silvia Wilson Mar 12, 2008

Wow, I am so glad I "Googled" Blue Green Resorts. I have an appointment in two weeks with them. My Hubby filled out a "entry slip" at the movie theatre an a few weeks later we recieved a voicemail saying we had won: 4 free airfare tickets, $25 visa gift card, 3 day 2 night free hotel accomodations. I will call them later today and cancel our appointment in Novi, MI. I am sorry so many people were decieved but I am thankful you warned others of your experience.