Blue Cross Blue Shieldrepeated failure to pay doctors bills

F

Initially I was happy with Florida Blue. Early on I wound up having to under go a major procedure.
It was all handled well. Everything got done. I was impressed. It was during this time in Feb 2016
that I met my out of pocket max as well. Also good because now my coverage is 100% according to the policy. In one year I am on my 3rd Doctor. they all quit Flea. Blue and as a result me too. As I progress along things seem ok. One health issue down one to go. I went to a specialist I could not get any coverage for the procedures that she was considering and Florida Blue would not cover any of the medications she reccommended. As my PCP stated "Everything you need you can't get". I also find that clerical staff at the 2 PCP's stonewalls and just does not get these referrals processed in a reasonable time and too often they are not correct. Trouble with this is it destroys your 100% coverage time frame. It has mine. Staff appears to dislike the BCBS procedure. In Oct. 2016 I start receiving bills from past visits to Healthcare pros. The specialist I went to see is now billing me for copays I do not owe. This stuff is from months ago. I contacted BCBS a few times. Their lip service is great. I am now sending through their system so the info is in text form. What they did was destroy my max out of pocket numbers. And now previous transactions are finding there way to me. I don't owe this but the facilities can't see that. After many repeated efforts to get BCBS to deal with their issues all I ever heard from them was something different with every communication. NOTHING ever got fixed. I received today a letter stating that I had 30 DAYS TO PAY UP. Pay up what I do not owe. I stopped being cordial with them 2 months ago. It looked as though in DEC. 2016 it was going to be fixed. Contacted Marketplace. Agreed to renew 1 more year until Medicare next year(hopefully) this is the best I can afford. Here it is Jan 2017. I'm getting those bills again. BCBS increased the price and now my premium is doubled as they hold me accountable for paying their 2016 bills. These people are pathetic including those in customer dis-service.

• Fl
    Florida Blue Jan 09, 2017

Hello, we are sorry to hear about this issue, please email us at [email protected] with your full name and issue, so we can research and work through this issue with you. Thank you SLR.

• Fl
    Fluci Jan 09, 2017

@Florida Blue I don't care to get involved with social media. I am not a fan of tweeting or facebook. I have recently sent via you messaging system info about this for maybe the 10th time. I have upgraded these remarks in order to file with the BBB and the state of florida. If I remember my HIPPA requirements correctly I'll probably need release documents. I am done with this. One of us made a sincere effort to get things resolved.