[Resolved] Blinds.comcustom shades/blinds - heads up

I didn't order. Just spent some time looking at the site for possible purchase. Thank goodness I did. Just a suggestion: Read everything before you order. They warn you about everything. I don't know about their return policy but it sounds shady.

First off, notice that the shades (cellular in particular) are shown in pictures (lovely, eh?) INSIDE hung in those windows. Those up/down ones require a 2" deep window well or you have to hang them outside mount which will look like a bed sheet hung up, except that that "bedsheet" will cost $200. Those rails are 2" thick apparently. But I can't say for sure. Because they don't tell you.

You are never shown a picture of the mounting hardware. That's where I cancelled the whole idea. How in the world do I know how those brackets (whatever they are) will fit in my window recess? So...I'm gonna order $1200 of shades only to find out I cant hang them short of tearing off and remodeling my entire window mouldings?

Then there is the business about what they will actually cut for width. Read that. What? "...up to 1 1/2 inches variation." What??? I kid you not. Read that part. Inside mount they'll chop off up to 3/8 inch? What? What if your window glass comes right to the wall? Peek-a-boo.

Bottom line, for honeycomb shades and probably some blinds, you better have a 2" deep recess on that window and be prepared for a hassle you'll never forget, or be forced to order some hideous outside mounted thing not worth $30 if you don't think it through first.

• Resolution Statement

• Blinds.com Customer Care's Response · Oct 30, 2017

Hi all - thank you so much for your feedback. We value every opportunity to improve our customer experience. We hear you on our product visualization - we are actively working to photograph all of our products in as many configurations as could be ordered so our customers can see what their product will look like. Our policies are clearly laid out and can be found here: https://www.blinds.com/faq/order-policies - we also offer a 3-year warranty should anything go wrong with your product. For future reference - it is industry standard to deduct from the width for an inside mount application. This is not Blinds.com specific and allows for the product to operate well within the window opening without rubbing on the sides. As always - we have a talented team of design consultants available to assist you with your project, free of charge! We are here to help make sure your product is ordered perfectly and that installation is a breeze. I'm so sorry if we gave you the wrong impression. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me here: [protected]@blinds.com. -- Rebecca P.