BitDefenderSecurity internet service

F

Security product for internet. Product does not work. Company cannot be contacted by phone, line is continually busy. They do not respond to email or the live chat service that they offer. There is no way to correct any technical problems with this company. There isno way to get your money back. You risk you personal information security with this disgusting company which is based in Romania. DO NOT USE THIS AWFUL EXPLOITATIVE COMPANY

• Updated by NicoleBD · Jul 20, 2009

Hello All -

I work for BitDefender... part of the reason I was brought onboard was to help discuss some of these problems that have occured... and hopefully using social media to fix it.

I am so sorry to hear that all of these things have happened. Our support team has been having some growing pains - after we released our last product we recieved much higher demand for support than expected due to some good initial reviews.

Good news is, we have been diligently working to get the support issues fixed, and recognize this is a huge problem for our customers. Be on the lookout for a new support twitter account, as well as a continually expanding knowledge base, which can be found at http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/

Thanks for understanding, we'll do better next time. We promise :)

Nicole B - BitDefender, North America

• Ct
    ct Sep 19, 2008

I was charged for Bitdefender and did'nt receive product. I want my money back!

• El
    eliana Jan 30, 2009

depends from where did you bought it. maybe is not the producer fault. it will be a good idea to give more details before formulating a complaint, in my opinion

Andrew Clerk Feb 12, 2009

I bought BitDefender online on Bitdefender.com and had absolutely no problems recieving it. I am also very happy with the product, it work well and fast, till now it detected some viruses. I had norton IS before buying bitdefender IS, it seems that norton skipped some viruses because right after installing BitDefender it detected a lot of viruses.

Andrew Clerk Feb 12, 2009

I never had problems with my bitdefender IS and had no need to call the support, but, have you tried their forum? It's here: forum.bitdefender.com . Well, what was your problem anyway? why didn't the product work, what happened? I seem to miss this info in your complain, so this complain just looks fake to me.

Nottingham Mar 23, 2009

BitDefender is a crooked outfit. After downloading there product (and of course paying for it) the download disappeared from my computer. The Internet provider informs me that the only way if could disappear is if BitDefender deleted it themselves. After numerous e-mail to their site and a letter to their office, I have never recieved a reply. These people are crooks.

• Pe
    peter May 13, 2009

BIT DEFENDER IT MAKES ME PUKE TO SAY IT> JUST RENEWED MY BIT "DESTROYER" AND I HAVE HAD BREAKDOWNS ON BOTH MY COMPUTERS> DROPPING LINES AND EVEN TELLING ME MY WIRELESS BT OF TWO YEARS WAS SUPECT> SO TOO ALL THE HAPPY GUYS GOOD LUCK MINE IS IN THE BIN AND ALL MY CYBER FRIENDS HAVE BEEN TOLD> YOU CANNOT GET HOLD OF THESE PEOPLE..THANK GOD I WONT NEED TO NOW> ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY>AS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SAY COMPLAINTS ARE FAKE>> GET A LIFE>
    PEtER CAPE TOWN

• Pe
    peter May 13, 2009

to andrew the fake monger you were lucky. To peter
    cape town andMr nottingham you are so right. I also had loads of problems and also binned mine ..now on nod its great
    Freda. nearly broke by bit

bigrealitycheck Oct 04, 2009

Bit Defender is the WORST anti-virus software. Please do not buy this and think you are being protected. Not only is it a SHAM of a software, but the company is horrible to deal with. I had issues with the product not ot mention, never received my mail in rebate. I called and got the run around then got a "that's life" type of answer. Their customer service made me realize I should just take a loss (on the money I spent on the product) and contribute my money to a company that has good software AND customer service. I spread the word Bit Defender, unfortunately you will be a recession casualty if you don't get your customer service and products up to par.

• Te
    TekMaster8312 Oct 23, 2009

Unfortunately I did not do a thorough enough job of checking complaints against BitDefender 2009 Total Internet Security when I purchased the program for my brand new computer that I spent $2, 000 to build. I selected BitDefender after reading commercial reviews only. After less than 90 days I began having severe issues with the program, errors, hangups, failures, etc. I posted a complaint on their Support Forums and they told me they had already received numerous complaints regarding my issues and wanted me to use their uninstall tool and download BitDefender 2010, which I did. By the way, the malware that BitDefender identified but could NOT remove - I had to download MalwareBytes which successfully removed the problem. Afterwards, I installed the free copy of BitDefender 2010. Within a couple of weeks the "Auto Update" is broken - will not work - I have 2 issues that it will not fix or resolve - even after spending hours tweaking, rebooting, researching, etc.

BITDEFENDER SUCKS and is a pathetic antivirus/firewall. Their customer service is even WORSE. You have to create an account, (which I did), then fill out a ridiculous form that you have to work on and dig in your pc to find your registration key, etc. Once you fill EVERYTHING out and request to chat it will not let you. There is NO chat support or anything like that. Good luck trying telephone, too.

I got screwed out of $60 for an antivirus/firewall that I can't even use and I'm UNINSTALLING and REMOVING BITDEFENDER today and probably going with ESET Nod32 or Kaspersky. I'm so sorry I tried BitDefender 2009 & BitDefender 2010.

RIPOFF...WASTE OF MONEY...HUGE WASTE OF TIME

• Ca
    Carolinewest23 Oct 23, 2009

It's good to see that someone from BitDefender explained what happened!
    I was beginning to lose faith in Bitdefender -but now I checked it on my own- they are back in business being the company I fell in love with from the beginning-friendly and very customer oriented. And by the way-to those who doubt the capacity of their 2010 suite-check out their reviews&test online- then we'll talk!

Caroline

• Mi
    mischl Nov 02, 2009

Aside from Bitdefender's technical problems and gnarly user interface, THE WORST problem I find with the organization is they provide no "workable" way to contact them. Their "Support" web pages are circular and do nothing but frustrate me when I try to send them an email or submit a question. While the software is poor quality in my estimation (and I'm a software developer), not having a viable Customer Support section which will actually deal with problems is the worst of the worst sins. Buying their virus protection was a BIG mistake. I'm only sorry I didn't google "complaints bitdefender" before I paid the money.

• Ca
    Carolinewest23 Nov 06, 2009

I can contact them very easy, why can't you? Do you have an online account with them since you say you bought this software?If you don't, you can create one and contact them immediately. You didn't actually explain what happened exactly. My experience with customer service has always been OK, even if I had to wait for more than 24 hours once-they sent me an update on my situation. It's a matter of experience and preference.

• Js
    jst7 Nov 12, 2009

Tell everyone you know - do NOT buy BitDefender. I have been trying to get a refund for a 3-license pack since July. I experience massive slowdowns and it crashes my daughter's computer. I didn't even bother to install third license. Tech took me through re-install hoops, etc. Still same problem - slowdowns and asking me to deep scan each and every time I boot up.

They took so long to get back to me that it exceeded the trial period and then they claim they can't issue a refund because it's beyond the trial period. After a period of not being able to contact them over the phone, their number now works but it sends you to someone in India who claims he's in Florida. All numbers lead to the same dept who tells you that Sales will "evaluate your claim". Still can't get a live body to call me back - just automated emails offering an extension of license - so am going to contact a computer mag and ask my credit card company to reverse the charge.

• Pa
    pabuechler Jan 19, 2010

BitDefender 2010 stops working because vsserv.exe becomes unavailable. The BitDefender forum has many posts and complaints about vsserv.exe and BitDefender can't seem to fix the problem.

JoJ May 28, 2010

I am so sorry that I had not seen the complaints/reviews about Bitdefender before I bought it. Talk about a waste of money. Total rip off. It stops working at least every other day. I have no confidence in this company. Back to Kaspersky for me.
    More expensive but definitely more reliable.

• Ae
    aegisfang Oct 22, 2010

God why did I not do a complaints bitdefender googlesearch before I bought it, WHY???????????? The people on this page praising Bitdefender either are the luckiest people on earth, or work for Bitdefender, which is based in Romania btw. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. IF YOU DO THEN YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!!! What this sham company does is string out all help an communication so by the time you realize this company is a scam guess what? Your 30 days is up and you can no longer ask them for a refund, which they had no intention of ever giving back to anyone ever. Ive filed a complaint with the BBB and going to dispute the charge with my credit card issuer.

You have been warned.

NOBD Nov 06, 2010

I was so frustrated the same way, please start a complaint here. This is FTA complaint center. We need to make sure that this company doe snot do business here in US (I think they are headquartered in Romania).

• Dr
    dr jamessss Dec 05, 2010

bitdefender literally sucks.

i bought the best version for small businesses multicomputers multiyear package.

a week later after switching from my working antivirus programs it let "security tool"
    fake antivirus in and reeked havok.

couldnt find the virus.
    couldnt wipe it off.
    even after i had bitdumber look at the actual program..nothing.
    even after the shredder..nothing.

no phone number. no online. just fake buttons.

finlly got thru to customer support thru another source, after a week of frustration, not thru their BOGUS online support.

they are in bularius russia somewhere.
    wanted me to find some obscure programs to run diagnostics, then after 24 hours of scanning and recording all the data on my computer ;
    im supposed to send it to them to diagnose with their technicians. sounds like a spy outfit to me, on the order of getsmart, only dumber.

worthless, worthless worthless.

i found a FREEWARE that fixed the problem in an hour.

INSANE

• Ka
    Kamaranti Mar 10, 2011

I have used BitDefender since 2003 and was happy with it. Way better than market leaders Norton and McAfee. They won rewards (and $$) to further develop and market their product, but instead it developed a lot of troubles in 2009 and 2010 and 2011 (Internet Security). I gave them two years of my loyalty to resolve the issues, but finally gave up. Continuous grayed out services, reboots, uncompleted scans, unresolved trouble-shooting, chat people who don't really take you serious and apologize or excuse a lot. I rarely received follow ups on either the initial complaint that was passed on, or on all the files and analyses that I ran and submitted.
    I think companies like Avast and AVG developed suites like Bitdefender and they work a lot better. I have always wanted to support BD, but this is the truth. Right now I am using a different trial suite every 30 days. It's almost scary: AVG ran so quietly that, after all the troubles with BD, I thought it wasn't working at all.

bitdefendersucks Apr 24, 2011

wait until one year from now when bitdefender automatically charges your credit card for an automatic renewal of a product you don't even use anymore. You call their help line and the sections do not even work when prompted. What a disgusting bunch of rip off artists. They should be banned from doing business.

bitdefendersucks Apr 24, 2011

DO NOT BUY BITDEFENDER. It is a useless antivirus which causes errors. I uninstalled it 9 months ago. I got my automated renewal automatically charged to my credit card which is another friggin sham from this company. several calls to their customer line ended up in going in circles with no response. BITDEFENDER sucks. Do not buy it.

bitdefendersucks Apr 24, 2011

The sprinkle of bitdefender praise on this site must be from bitdefender employees.

• Bd
    bdefender sucks Apr 29, 2011

After using previous Bitdefender versions with pleasure the 2011 Range has to be the Worst AV produkt there is on the Market.

And I am really sick and tired of uninstalling and reinstalling this crap every week!

The scans are freezing, the Icon in the system tray doesnot start up, the Harddrive filling up out of its own,

Bitdefender stopped working please contact custumor service (but you never get a reply besides uninstall/reinstall which is the Slogan on the forum and from the Helpdesk?, Google Email not working Etc, Etc, Etc...

check out their forum and read for your self,

If you own Bdefender you are a paying BETA tester

A total waste of Money

• Re
    Reviewer60354 Nov 19, 2018

and now thunderbird is almost useless...unless I reinstall it... their is no way to remove the mod as stated at install and they do not respond to support tickets. If I ever find a bitdefender employee, I'll beat their ass.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices