Bill Me LaterBill me later system sucks!

The system sucks at bill me later I had been approved for purchases over $2,000 but now I am getting denied for a $600.00 purchase. my monthly pymt for the last 6 months ranged from monthly amounts of $200-$1620 but the representative and manager stated my new purchase was decline b/c of of pymt history and spending pattern. They are crazy any one that pays over $150 of their monthly amount billed and on time is a good customer worthy of credit approval esp for amounts that they have shown to be able to pay.

• Ri
    Ricky Abbott Apr 17, 2007

Taz is right! Use any other method for payment. If Bill Me Later treats good consumers like Taz this way - imagine what trouble you will find yourself in if you have a dispute with these Shylocks.

• Be
    Betty J. Coote Jun 01, 2007

I have always been able to get into online payment and now cannot. Have tried a number of times and have had no luck.

• Al
    Al Conner Oct 17, 2007

I also had a bad experience with Bill Me Later. They sent me one letter saying I had been rejected, and another letter a couple of days later saying I had been accepted.

It was so screwed up, I told them to cancel my account and I would pay it in full.

Do not use this service!!!

Mary Jane Wellington Nov 20, 2007

I was shipped two futon mattresses. I returned one. I was credited the amount and then two months later it was put back on my bill. I sent them copies of the UPS freight slip and they still haven't taken the error off my bill!

• Kn
    Knot A. Chance Nov 23, 2007

Bill Me Later is a sleazy scam. I found out the hard way. When you pay off the purchase, they tack a "fee" that they don't seem to remember to tell you about. Mine was less than $10, then after 6 months they start pinging you for the money. Of course they won't take credit card payments - they make it really hard for you to pay, and it keeps racking up. I finally gave up on them. Their people are rude and arrogant, which really enhances the BML "customer experience".

My vasectomy was more fun.

Chris Jennison Dec 31, 2007

Bill Me Later providing a horrible experience. Their customer service is the worst I've experienced in my life.

I had made a purchase for a deferred interest free payment and they billed me with interest immediately. After weeks of trying to reach them, they confirmed a glich and said they were looking into it.

3 months went by with no results or contact. 150.00 of interest later I paid it off. My only solace was the company the product came from gave me a 50.00 credit as the problem of billing was noticed on their side as well.

They were not responsible for the billing however, so hats off for at leat the small credit.

Bill Me Later is not recommended by any means!!! Stay clear. This is my first negative review of any company, but by principal I share my experience.

• Ki
    kim burris Jan 10, 2008

I used Bill Me Later for a one time purchase of a 30 dollar pair of dirtbike riding pants. It's been five months later and they are charging me for late fees on a zero balance! I am formally filing a class action suit against this company and if anyone wants in, please e-mail me at [email protected] This company is really a rip off. It's time to fight back.

Heather Fields Jan 18, 2008

I work for Bill Me Later and would be happy to speak with you about your situation. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Rd
    rdoty Mar 13, 2008

Bill Me Later should be banned.
    My eleven year old daughter ordered an item from American Girl without my knowlege or approval. This was an internet order which only asked for name and address. I was immediately notified of the purchase and charges ($23.95) by BML. When the item was received I immediately contacted American Girl and asked how an 11 YO could have been approved for this purchase. They finally admitted that their internet order process had a "flaw" and it would be corrected and they would credit BML as soon as the item was returned (they sent a UPS label). Two months later I got a bill from Bill Me Later for $42.00. This was AFTER they received the credit from American Girl!. I immediately called American Girl to make sure they had indeed credited Bill Me Later which they had (although their "security" department argued that the order was valid because they require a SS number when ordering. When I called Bill Me Later they explained that the charges were because the credit from AG didn't come in until after 29 days. When I pointed out that the order was fradulent they still argued that I owed them $42. When I threatened to sue they softened their argument but wanted all my personal information including SS#. If my SS# matched the one on the order then I was liable for the $42 charge! I gave them the last four digits, which didn't match, and then they argued that the SS# was my daughters. (She doesn't even know what a SS# is). When I gave them the last four digits of her number they also didn't match. They finally agreed to cancel the charge. Here's the kicker....THEY HAVE TWO ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATES DEPENDING ON HOW YOUR BALANCE IS CALCULATED. One is 19.99% and THE OTHER IS 102.70%!

Bill Me Later is a FRADULENT SCAM which automatically creates an account in the purchasers name using incomplete and or bad information from anyone who subscribes to their service and apparently will create a bogus SS# to validate that account all so they can charge outrageous fees and finance charges.
    STAY AWAY FROM ANY VENDORS THAT USE BILL ME LATER!!!

• Ji
    Jim May 02, 2008

Had 3 months no interest. Tryed to charge interest even though I paid by the no interest date. Poor customer service.

Heather Fields May 05, 2008

Jim,
    I work for Bill Me Later and noticed your comments. I would be happy to help you with this matter. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Sincerely,

• Ji
    Jim Jun 09, 2008

Below average billing experience!!

Buyer beware!! Do not attempt to use or sign up for the NewEgg Preferred Account.
    They use Bill Me Later which has been an absolute NIGHTMARE to work with!!

The folks at Bill Me Later are rude, disrespectful and DUMB!!

They screwed up my credit becasue of their stupid billing mistakes!!

I am going to blog this same feddback wherever I can on the Internet until Bill Me Later crumbles from within!!

They are of the Devil!!!

Heather Fields Jun 16, 2008

Jim,

I work for Bill Me Later and came across your comment. I'd be happy to follow up on this situation for you. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Ke
    Kelly Jul 12, 2008

Bill Me Later has horrible customer relations and questionable business practices. I made a charge through Continental Airlines in March. The charge didn't even appear on my Bill Me Later account until June, and after 2 other charges I made in April had posted. I had paid my account in full in May - but since they never even posted my March charge until June, I didn't see it. Luckily I caught it in July, after they charged me a finance fee. So, it's only $10 - but when I called they were horrible. They blamed Continental and me, and told me I had to fax them a dispute form and evidence. Of course, they do that so I'll just get ticked off and pay the $10... well it worked, but I'm also going everywhere I can to warn you!

STAY AWAY FROM BILL ME LATER - they're horrible!

• Be
    BEN Jul 15, 2008

They can bite my weinie

• Ca
    carrots Nov 16, 2008

I agree 100%. The bill me later is a rip off. Fees, late fees, finance charges, and no statements. What a joke.

• Mi
    Mike Mar 17, 2009

Used BIL ME LATER on buy.com for $20 off and 90 days same as cash! Bill me later later said that promotion was not valid even though it was listed at check out! Now they are charging 20% interest and no $20 back for me. AVOID both companies at all costs. BILL ME LATER IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!

• Ca
    cateyes3 Mar 24, 2009

Absolutely! I responded to a $30 credit upon opening a new account. Three months, numerous calls to customer service, a formal complaint, and several emails later, NO CREDIT. They state that there wasn't a credit like that during that time. BS!! What a fraud. It all made sense when I learned that they are affiliated with the same crooks at ebay. Avoid them both.

Heather Fields Apr 08, 2009

Hello Mike and cateyes3,
    My name is Heather and I work for Bill Me Later. I would be happy to help follow up on these situations with you. Please feel free to contact me via email at your earliest convenience: [email protected]

Sincerely
    [email protected]

• Ju
    Juper Oct 10, 2009

Since 1/1/09 I have been getting billed by Bill Me Later for a membership with Blue Mountain-Online Cards and every month I call to inform them that I did not charge any membership on-line. They tell me to call Blue Mountain, which is an automated phone service cannot get a live person. It's been every month and late fees and penalties just keep increasing to my name. They even threaten to ruin my credit.

• Gr
    gr8one411 Nov 20, 2009

They ripped me off by offering $100 off and 90 days no finance charge. Purchase goes through and doing their best Copperfield impression...PRESTO no record of the offer. LOL. Whatever...fool me once! I will be sure to let everyone in every forum know they are unethical and outright thieves.

Heather Fields Nov 27, 2009

I work for Bill Me Later and have come across your complaint. I would like to follow up on this matter, with your help. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience: [email protected]

Sincerely,
    [email protected]

• Ge
    Gene Silvernail Dec 12, 2009

Bought something from TigerDirect in October 2009...hmm...$20 if I use BML...20 bucks... why not??... that buys a couple of cocktails...SHOULD HAVE USED MY MONEY
    2 rules apply here; Rule #1 If your going to be stupid you have to be tough, Rule #2 See rule #1. Closed the BML account today will send total payment return receipt certified.

BML is a total scam. My journey is similar to others here with a few twists. The praisers of BML are shills doing damage control. Read all the Good the Bad, and The Ugly, the Good is completely overshadowed by the negatives. TigerDirect and their $20 incentive to use BML is bogus and they are culpable in this scheme. Don't buy from TigerDirect they know the game is afoot. I have recorded some telling conversations with BML that are interesting and conclusive that it is a shell game. Which shell is the pea under?? Will post to YouTube

They have all the ear marks of a good scam; No option to pay your account with a credit card; Resolution Department segregated from call agents; They want your bank account for online payment. Ya sure ubethca. Take my house, car, kids... Government intervention... another fairy tail...LONG LONG AGO, IN A LAND NOT SO FAR AWAY there was a man named Bernard Madoff...that game ran almost 20 years. Keep your plug in and guard your flanks scams like this can and will run with impunity for the foreseeable future.

Credit ruining
    Crazy fees

If you see anything with BML incentives run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.

• To
    tomk123456 Jan 17, 2010

BML sucks! They can approve you multiple times for $1000 purchases but when you want to make a $500 purchase they deny you even though you never missed a payment with them. If you pay well they should continue to grant credit. It is a crapshoot with them. You never know when and how much you will be approved for. They are the worst to deal with on the phone as well. They can not explain why you get denied...ignorant.

• Bi
    Bill me Later Scam Feb 09, 2010

I made a purchase from Buy.com on Dec 9, 2009 and signed up the Bill-me-Later when they advertises at Buy.com of no payment for 90 days. In early January, I received a statement from Bill-me-later for the full amount. I called them up and asked them what is going on. They told me Buy.com never send in the request to them for the 90 days no payment. He said he will send a request to their credit department for investigation. A few weeks later, they sent me an email and they added $39.00 of late fee and $4.33 of finance charge to my account. I called them up again, the lady told me that the previous person I talked to did sent in a request for correction on 1/21/10. She asked me to call back later. Yesterday, 2/8/2010, I got another email from Bill-me-Later asking me to make the payment by tomorrow, 2/9/2010. Bill me Later will keep adding late fee and finance charges as they dragging on their investigation. Who knows if they have even done anything. In my case, clearly other than the request made by the first representative, nothing had happened since the 21st. But my late fee and finance charge kept on piling up and is hurting my credit score.
    I don't know why Buy.com even needs to make the request for the 90 days no payment. This is supposed to be "BILL ME LATER", not "BILL ME NOW". The sent me the bill requested for full payment in less than a month.
    Bill-me-later is such a scam. DON'T FALL IN THEIR TRAP. This company is not looking for long term customers. They just want to scam their one time victim.

• Sh
    Sher1 Mar 06, 2010

I had the same problem. They claimed they did not receive the payment on time ( heard that one before...) and so they charged me $19.00 late fee ( almost as much as the item I bought) and them whacked another fee and a handling charge. I am now having to pay almost the same of these charges as the item I had ordered. Nothing but a rip off. Will never buy anything with this credit arrangement again.

• Nj
    njwalto Mar 13, 2010

I had the same exact promo offered and after the purchase went through the $100 portion of the offer disappeared. I contacted both paypal and bill me later and was told they would honor it if I had proof. Where will I get proof? I'll be paying this off and canceling my bill me later, paypal, and ebay accounts shortly.

• Bi
    billco Mar 31, 2010

I am not sure why a good customer will get declined.
    However i dont agree with the customer on buy.com issue. As its merchants who is supposed to inform which promotion they are running.(eg they may not be running any promotions at certain time)
    Also I the late fees will not hurt the credit score- unless its reported.

• Dr
    dreamofjeanie Dec 28, 2010

I was ordering DISCOUNT CONTACT LENSES on line. I clicked BILL ME LATER by mistake. I called them and cancelled my BILL ME LATER and paid DISCOUNT CONTACTS LENSES by check. For months I received calls from Bill ME LATER with 1/2 messages on my machine from an animated voice. I called back. BILL ME LATER was going to charge me interest for unpaid funds. But they said if I send them a check for $78.75 (they paid DISCOUNT CONTACTS for me even tho' I cancelled BILL ME LATER right away), then DISCOUNT CONTACT LENSES will pay me back. DISCOUNT CONTACTS got paid twice. I have an email from DCL'S stating that BILL ME LATER is who i should contact. Each is blaming the other. I complained to CONSUMER AFFAIRS and BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. From now on I will just order from my eye Dr. it may take longer and be a trifle more $ but it is worth it, not to deal with BILL ME LATER or DISCOUNT CONTACT LENSES.

• Oa
    Oats Jun 23, 2011

I'm thinking of contacting everyone and filing a class action suit, I was just defrauded also.
    Aa toatal scam don't deal with them at all. I just closed my account

Jammywanks Jun 07, 2012

I can't even change my account settings. When I want to go into my account details, it asks me a security question. THE SECURITY QUESTION IS BLANK. There's no way I can answer it and therefore I cannot setup my bill me later account. I get the same problem in both Google Chrome and in Firefox.

SERIOUSLY, See attached screenshot. It goes like this:

Security Question:
    Secret Answer:

BLANK!

Learn how to make a real webpage, paypal. You guys are ###s. C U Next Tuesday.

No problems Aug 06, 2012

I have been using Bill Me Later for quite some time. I have not experienced any problems with them. No billing issues have arised and they have been very pleasant to deal with.

No problems Aug 06, 2012

I have been using Bill Me Later for quite some time now and I have not had any problems with them. No billing issues, they are pleasant to deal with if I have a question and it is so easy to use, as I always make my payment immediately.

• Vi
    VirtousCustomer Mar 02, 2014

I have not enjoyed using BML. I went for $15 promotion off of an order if I used BML. I trusted paypal so I figured it wasn't a bad idea. So when I submit my order their is no mention of that $15 off. The vendor told me BML would credit me for that. So I waited several days, checked the BML site, checked my email invoices and still no mention of this $15 promotion. So I emailed them an asked about it, you get an automated response with common solutions that did not address my issue. So I waited for about a week, no response. I emailed again asking about the promotion an why I did not get a response yet. They said sorry for the delayed response an it needed to be reviewed to see if I got the promotion. So I waited another week, no responses, I emailed them an got the same automated email, replied to it and retyped my inquiry. I finally got a response from them telling me I will get $15 in 1-2 billing cycles. That is a little detail they tuck away from the open. I was wanting to use that $15 to go towards my balance but it can't for this billing cycle cause they want to string you along. I did get a speedy response however when I told them I wasn't going to use my bank account an asked if money orders are accepted. They called me hours later and the lady did not address my question, she just kept wanting to transfer me to someone who I could set up a banking account with. I had to tell her three times, no I am not setting up a banking account for she finally stopped pushing it. Apparently BML really wants your bank account #. Overall they are a pain in the ###, wish I would have not taken the offer. It has been more of a burden dealing with the customer service an learning about all the little details that makes it just a pain in the ### more than anything. They def. lost a customer.

• Ju
    JuliaGrace1 Dec 12, 2014

Terrible! Stay away by all means possible. Scam is an understatement. How they are not out of business is amazing to me.

• Pe
    pearl shepherd Jun 03, 2016

Bill me later refused to pay my internet service. Claim they have right to not approve any payments at their own decision. I Pay the amount they bill me every month. They took back a payment to internet service which they did pay i may. Internet service informed me, that bill me later lied, saying the payment was disputed by me, which is a down out right lie. Since this happened, internet service canceled my account. Bill me later, are a bunch of liars and thieves. I would never recommend them. Anyone reading this complaint, and is considering them, do not use them.

• Su
    Susan Jun 03, 2016

I bought something on line using Bill Me later. I returned it to the store and the store said they had refunded me the money on my credit card but never told Bill Me Later. I owed the credit card I believe and they are saying I owe them. So I am paying for this twice. I do not know how to fix this because the item I bought was $500.00 and now I am paying 1000.00. I offered to pay them off and they refused. So needless to say I am being charged finance charges on both. Helpful hints in needed badly. So I feel everyone's pain in dealing with BILL ME LATER.

• Dj
    djke May 13, 2020

This amount was done by e-mail from a ([email protected])I have no idea who this person is or what credit card he used!! Can you please find out what card he used?
    My name is Dale J Keeney phone number (972) 517-5892 e-mail [email protected] You have the information I have so see what you can do!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices