BBVA Compassfroze my account

On a Saturday after shopping all day. I go to buy another thing. My card was decline.

It was 4 o'clock on a sat. My phone was dead. Had to drive 20 minutes home to charge my phone after holding 20 minutes to speak to a rep. From compass. I was told my card was Flagged.
And in ten minutes the hold would be lifted.
Little to mY surprise. It was not lifted.
And when I called back. Closed until Monday.
Left me with no cash and no way to operate until Monday. I had 4000 in my account.
On hold because I went shopping. Not able to get ready for my work week.
How is possible. A bank can control your money. Not one person. To talk to.