BBVA Compasschecking account / rude handling of me and my account

C

I went into BBVA Compass today. I merely needed to cash a check and to pay off a few dollars that I owe them. By a few I mean it was $5.78 and I had cash in hand. Well then I found out that they had double backed on an NSF fee on my account. I prior to even going in had spoken with a representative on the phone and they said if I went in and paid the amount that I owed they would not charge me that.

Well the teller seemed to know what she was doing. She even had to help the personal banker who came across completely clueless to me. Then she called me over and it seemed as if NEITHER of them could read and or understand the state of my account. So the personal banker in question do believe her name is Peggy was very curt with me. She sat me down at her desk and more or less threatened to charge me more fees.

So I will be calling super early tomorrow to speak with someone to find a person with which to report them to and hopefully be treated fairly.

Cause gosh knows I would love to pay them the $5.78 and then promptly close my account with them FOR GOOD.

• Dl
    DLSmith107 Jun 01, 2017

I understand exactly how you feel! I go thru the same service almost every time I go into their banks!! And I have been to all three branches where I live. Muscle Shoals, AL 35661. Also, on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence, Alabama 35630, And downtown Florence, AL 35630 Branch on Court Street. They are ALL Smiley and How can we help you. Until they find out that you actually have a problem and they have to try to help you and they have absolutely no idea what they are going to do. So, very quickly they look around to try to see who might know how to help you. Meanwhile, they are stuttering and tripping all over their own feet and sweat begins at their forehead and ends up running down their back! One sight I really don't want to see because I Hate the bank and don't even want to be there!! But, please let me add the reason I have to go into their Sinister Bank if I need anything done. Have you ever tried to call the bank, for the simplest question you could ask them ? My experience: I have been put "on hold" for at least one hour because they use the excuse that you are No. 5 in the queue, when actually you may be No.547, but you have to take their word for it because you cannot see what is going on over the phone!! OK, listen to this, after sitting there, wasting 1 hour of time that I will never get back. Well, please stay with me for a few moments. After one whole hour for waiting to get important information that depends on keeping my own home or losing it to these "people" they just HUNG UP ON ME! and of course if you have to call them and don't want to sit there on hold all day, they have an option of "leaving your name and no. with them" and you won't lose your place in line between queue 5 and queue 547" which I still haven't understood that it could take them 3hrs, 4hrs, 5hrs or 6hrs to get to your phone call!! But, one day I tried this method of them calling me back, after 5 or 6 hrs. Well, by then I had more errands to do that day so I was in the car and then they CALL!! Well, I'm sorry but I couldn't drive and discuss the possibility of losing my home by discussing a Loan!! I am so HAPPY that I found this complaint site. I think this site is the only good thing that I have seen this bank do!! And I will be back because that is just the tip of all the bad treatment this bank has caused me!! Good Luck to all of you captive customers!