The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Bay Area Credit Service — Fraud and scam
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I fully agree that this "company" is a joke. They called my house 3 tmes in succession within 30 minutes. I informed them that I am well versed in the FDCPA ( Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and that what they are doing is in direct violation. And the guy just kept on taking. I then informed him that I was recording the telephone coversation ( in Texas it is not required that you inform anyone that you are recording the conversation when the call is made to a residence from a business.) Anyhow, I requested that they validate the debt with a statement or the final bill from their client. Needless to say that got me any further. So, I notified them in writing via fax and U.S. Postal that tey are to cease and desist from any further telephonic communication at any telephone number in my name. After being passed around from one fake American Name to another I finally told them they needed to read the FDCPA and learn how to use it.
I understand that these are highly educated people i very menial positions working for some blood sucking sump pump somewhere taking advantage of their family situation or whatever, but that gives them absolutely no right to think, believe that they can intimidate people into paying them any money.
We also found out that you can contact the company that they claim you have an account with. If that company still has record of the account, you can take care of the account with that company. What this does is cuts the collection agent out of the funds and you have this removed from your credit record and your account paid in full.
I actually have found it to be somewhat exhilerating exercise jousting with these agencies at times. It is really fun when you have the codes sitting right there in front of you and they can't dispute that you have busted them breaking the law.
More Bay Area Credit Service Complaints & Reviews
- Bay Area Credit Service - Bill sent to me
- Bay Area Credit Services - Trying to extort payment for ambulance ride
- Bay Area Credit Service - Bill collection scam
- Bay Area Credit Service - At&t bill
- Bay Area Credit Service - Debt Owe
- bay area creditors - bill hassrment
- Bay Area Credit Service - Took my money and claimed to have sold my account
- Bay Area Credit Services - Harassing calls for &Floyd Nelson&
- Bay Area Credit Credit Services - Collection- SCAM - final Bill ATT
- Bay Area Credit Service - Unauthorized billing