Barclays BankBilling dispute department

E Review updated:

Their Billing Dispute Department seems designed to frustrate customers. Hold time to reach a representative have exceeded 2 hours, ; form letters state that they are open till 9 pm EST, but if you call after 8 pm EST the voice message is that they close at 8; each time I have talked with a representative a new and different document is requested; documents mailed and faxed to them somehow never arrive there; requests for an email address so that I can scan and email documents are rejected.

• Be
    Beware4 Jul 17, 2013

Exactly the same as my recent experience. Everytime I called Barclay Bank, I had to speak with a new representative and had to start all over again explaining my dispute case- about 30-40 hours total time on the phone in a 10 week period. They do not read the case documentation that is supposed to exist. My 10 year old is brighter and more responsible than those people. I called many times. The merchant that I "overpaid" even reported the credit card charge to Barclay's as "unauthorized", in an effort to help me recover my money; and Barclay's Dispute Separtment still would not respond. I finally began inquiring to Barclay's about their arbitration policies and procedures and it was then I spoke with a supervisor and got what appears now as results. But, I will not feel easy about this until I have closed this credit card account. They have arbitrarily reversed their position on the dispute many times over the last two months, without any explanation. I like the Barclay ChoicePrivilege Reward program but hate their customer service and dispute departments. I will close this account soon and never use a Barclay Bank credit card again.

• Pr
    praise123 Aug 11, 2020

Amen Amen agreeing with the above review same thing happened to me I spoke with a manager that couldn't help me said would have someone from the President Office call me back two 2 weeks for a call back left message saying call back to the customer service line not even to call her back . Barclays have no customer service or President Office that have any authority just there to take up customers time. NO one
    can help, sent a complaint was sent a letter back stating (giving you a quality product and service is very important to us) really they are full of right words but no action and they are not committed to their customer, just want to make money. Its really sad I sent a disputed stating on wanted credit that the company I purchase from said they sent in a credit Barclays sent me a letter stating my case is closed cause they read my pin really I purchase on line (LOL) that's telling me they are not even looking into my dispute. So I had to go back to the merchant and have them send me a copy of the credit (sad) that the company that you have had no trouble with now do I don't believe Barclays was always Hawaiian BOH provider. I
    will be closing my account and be writing a letter to the corporate office. If any one listening check who the provider is on a credit card you will be using if BARCLAYS take my advice and don't use it they are many cards out there with a lot better benefits check them out. Don't call their customer service they can't help.
    Don't call their dispute line they can only tell you what they see, won't help even the President Office Before getting a credit card call their billing department and ask your questions so you know they policy, I did when I got another credit card so I will be closing this one from Barclay's. Barclays says they are Responsiveness.