Bankers Life and CasualtyIt's true they are crooks

I worked for BKC for two years, I personally saw or hear every excuse possible made to clients when it came time to get benefits paid. I emailed, sent registered mail, got home office people names and supervisor's assurances, things were being handled.

Ya, you guessed it, it dragged on, and on.

You name the excuse, the clients heard it. It took the insurance commissioner to get one client paid and LTC claim. I personally know a client that is currently getting the run-a-round about getting his LTC policy paid that he has been paying on for 15 years. It's been 9 weeks and still no money, even when the client has a two week elimination period. A field manager stated, "You pay the first two weeks, and then Bankers pays." Well, the money has run out, the help had to let go and Bankers is still reviewing the case! I could write more, but it almost too much to be true... One word - Beware!

Anonymousagent Sep 24, 2019

I’d lump them in the insurance mlms. I was looking on indeed. Bankers life contacted me and set up an interview.

I went to the 1st interview thinking it would be a normal style interview. I was lead into a room where a bunch of other people were also waiting for an interview. The room was filled with 70” TVs and iPads and other expensive electronics and prizes.

They talked about the job to all of us which mostly focused on all the sales insensitives surrounding us that were so much they had to store them there and free vacations for top earners and how he just got a 50k bonus check from the company.

At the end they had us take quiz/survey type things that tell how good you’d be at the job and what kind of sales person you’d be.
    For the second interview I was told I “aced the test”...I’m sure now everyone did. The second interview didn’t want to know anything about me or my work history. It was just them asking me for my questions so they could brag while answering them.

Then I got a 3rd interview where I was told they’d love to have me. But my license wasn’t enough. I ended up paying out of my pocket for their online company and product specific training.

Once I paid for and completed that I started working. I was an independent contractor with no wages or PTO or benefits. Yet I was required to be In The office cold calling people from 745 am to 4 pm but couldn’t leave at 4 pm without a speech about how I can’t succeed And am not dedicated enough if I don’t stay late (keep in mind I had a baby at home and was not an employee I was an independent contractor with no w4 and no compensation or overtime for paying late pick-up fees to do so at the daycare and not being home with my baby)
    I also had to pay monthly fees to use their office supplies since I wasn’t an employee even though I was literally required to be there and use their stuff.

I noticed all the big expensive prizes were gone and then noticed it was empty boxes kept in a back closet and carried to the interview room for their presentations where they then told interviews that they had so many prizes and insentives that they had no choice but to store them in the conference/ interview room.

They started asking if I knew anyone else that would want to get their license and join. They wanted me to make a list of family and friends in the job market so they could reach out.

I made $45 in a month there and spent more than that to start. Not to mention all the gas from forcing me to spend my nights and weekends driving to a town 2 hours away to cold door knock with no pay since. And the you’re not trying hard enough or dedicated enough speech for the 2 days I couldn’t drive to the town 2 hours away for cold door knocking sales because I didn’t have the gas money because there was no paychecks and I had to buy diapers for the baby. And the list of addresses was from some database of all people in that zip code over the age of 65.

They target the elderly in lower income areas with fixed incomes trying to talk them into buying or switching insurance. It’s a bait and switch. I had to read from a script saying that there have been changes to their Medicare and to start suggesting appointment times to come drop off their information about it until either they finally agreed to a time or hung up. There was never any changes to their Medicare. We had to say that to scare them to get our foot in the door and once at their house start trying to talk them into buying life insurance and stuff that had nothing to do with their Medicare.

• Me
    Melissa A Miller Apr 26, 2019

On April 3, 2019 I had an agent run to meet me, as he forgot about the appt he had with me earlier in the day that I had to work my schedule around.
    John Dotson the Bankers Life agent finally showed up, and tried to be all buddy-buddy with me as I am a retired/disabled veteran, and he supposedly served in the Army. I was looking for a new Life Insurance policy, as my VGLI policy was going to double in price in May.
    He asked all the normal questions, told me I would never qualify for anything but a life policy for $99, 999. It would cost me $167.43 monthly, but I could increase it to $400k in 6 mos without having to go through a medical exam, and wouldn’t need a medical exam for this current policy. I signed the paperwork, wrote the check but after he left I began to doubt my decision.
    I contacted him the next day telling him I wanted to cancel the policy completely, as why would I want to cancel a $400k policy at $268 monthly for a $99, 999 policy at $167.43 monthly. He then sent me an e-mail telling me he could insure me at $400k for $242.02 monthly if I could pass the medical exam. I never answered.
    On April 11 I received a denial of coverage letter dated 9 Apr 2019 from Bankers Life. This meant that John did not cancel the policy as I asked, but I have no idea why they would deny me. On April 12 the check was cashed and I was out $167.43. I contacted John, and he said he had told me even if I cancelled, they would still process the 1st payment, but I would be reimbursed in a few days. I’m not simple minded, and he never informed me of this, not during the visit, not when I spoke with him to cancel, and not on the paperwork he left with me.
    I have contacted him twice more asking where my money is, and he just keeps saying he’ll check on it, but never gets back to me. I finally got ahold of the customer service after being given the wrong number, sent to another insurance agency and getting put on hold only to speak to another rep 3 times. I was informed that they started processing my refund on 10 Apr, even before the check cleared my account, and that it would take 15 business days to process it, and then a check would be mailed to me. I am only at 12 days right now, but I am beyond frustrated!
    I was lied to through the whole process and now have to contact the main headquarters to have the letter changed from a denial to a cancellation.
    I was cold called continually by this company, had a meeting with two other agents who where supposed to get me in touch with someone who could work my specific health issue to get a policy. They dropped the ball, well actually, the one agent quit right after the visit, and I made the mistake of scheduling with this “special” agent. Thankfully I had the sense to cancel this policy immediately, but the company is a SCAM! They don’t care about you, they care about the money! Don’t fall for it!!!

• He
    Henry Jones Nov 04, 2018

This company is a scam. I inquired about life insurance and the agent Deanna Jenkins has no idea what she was talking about. She couldn't even answer questions my wife and I had. On top of her harassing phone calls. Why would we buy life insurance through someone so uneducated. After researching it ourselves we found this company is a joke.

Concerned16 Aug 03, 2016

I contacted BLC on 7-21-16 to cancel my life insurance policy. I was told by Annecia to return entire policy along with cash surrender form that was emailed to me. I faxed form the same day and followed up with a call to verify receipt. I was told it took 24 hours for them to verify. I told the person that I told that in 24 hours, I would be at a family reunion and would not be able to confirm. Mind you, I told the person I was at the library and that I was going to call back after I faxed it. On the same day, I mailed the policy and added the feature for someone to sign for it. After all, I could not copy the entire policy. On 7-30-16, I checked the tracking and no one had signed for it. On 8-1-16, I called BLC and Ann Marie told me there was no such tracking number. I told her that I was on the website as we were speaking and looking at the tracking number on the form. She tried to get Smart by saying she doesn't work for the post office (duh). I am full aware of that ma'am, but you are not understanding what I'm saying. The item is at the post office awaiting for someone to pick it up and sign for it. Then, she says, the company never received my fax. Now, I am upset because I followed up the same day, but was told I had to wait 24 hours. We end the conversation by she agreeing to call me back before 8-3-16 to provide an update. She called back 8-2-16 and left a message. I immediately returned the call. I get another person in customer service who has a language barrier and hard to understand. I told her that I was not going to repeat my story beginning from July 21st as Ann Marie was familiar with it, which is why I'm asking for her. Ann Marie was on another call and told the person she would call me back. She said the company had the policy but not the cash surrender value form, ok. Go figure. Now, we are back to square one. I told her to send me another form and I would return it. She says oh, you can fax it. No, I'm not. You claim that you didn't get the first one and I'm not going to pay you $3.00 to have it faxed again. I nicely told her, "I don't like you all like that". I will mail it. Does it look like I am stupid, I don't think so! I told her that I would be making a complaint online, so this should not be a surprise when it is read. I will wait to see how long it takes to get my surrender cash value money back.
    In my opinion, this company is worthless, incompetent and unprofessional. I question their practices. I think the fax was inadvertently picked up by someone who did not have the decency to confess they did. It happens to all people who work with lots of paperwork. All it takes, is to say we messed up, misplaced it or lost it.
    If you have dealings with this company, take your money and run!!!
    You may endure lots of stress in the end if you don't!

• Ag
    agedita m. lopez Jun 09, 2016

To whom it may concern: back in march or qpril of 2016 i purchase a life insurance from a couple of agents, who seemed very honest, and i believe they were. Since i never got my policy, i double checked by status, they said i did not qualify, no reason why. My sister is in worse condition and they qualified her. Anyway, my money is still being pulled from my bank account, for no reason at all. I would like to have my money replaced back asap, before i have to do something we will both regret. My bank will replace it as soon as you make it avai lable. Please do so, quickly. My bank is first national bank of texas, located at all walmart stores. Never got a policy or policy @ will be awaiting your response thank you mrs. Agedita munguia:lopez; asa aggie lopez

marlonb Aug 25, 2015

the first time I interviewed with this company I turned down the position because the manager that did the interview was full of himself, on the second time I went back I took the job because I wanted to be in the insurance industry. the leads they give you ARE OLD AND OUTDATED, they are at least 1 year old, I called some of the leads and the customers had already passed away, or they had insurance already for the past year, when I left the put charge backs on my account by recontracting my clients, this company is a total scam and one day they will get sued or loose their license for the deceitful practices they do, They only promote their white counterparts, there are no Black managers in their office when more than half of the employees are black. need I say anymore.DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Bankers Life Scam Mar 25, 2015

I too used to work for Bankers Life making phone calls to have people come in for an interview which actually is a group meeting. Bankers Life doesn't care who they hire it could be charles manson for all they care, if people come in for a group meeting then the recruiter who called that person and talked them into coming in for a meeting will get $20 a person who shows up. Bankers Life could care less if you succeed or not its about numbers and dollar signs of who they can lure in to work for this sleeze company. There are recruiters who have been and still are with Bankers Life for over 10yrs who get the best Resumes and the other recruiters get the crappy recycled Resumes, they favor some who have been there the longest and they make sure that person will make the most money while others ))(*#&%ing struggle. I hate Bankers Life tney are so unprofessional, unethical

• Ei
    eileen moran Feb 09, 2015

An agent sold my Mom a policy when she was a few months shy of turning 85. I told the agent about her health problems. I never called anyone from Bakers Life about any product. I was amde the owner. I did not know this until I applied for Medicaid for my Mom. Michael Kenney claims I contacted him about a policy for my Mom. Now I pay the $433.00 a month cost, and Medicaid considers the first 3 years she paid a gifgt to me. So, I pay monthly, and she is penalized for paying the first 3 years. Thanks Mike!!! Karma may have your address.

• Id
    idolasers Dec 09, 2014

I used to work for Bankers Life and Casualty. Yep . . . I was a licensed Insurance Agent there. It did not go well though. I went to work this morning and came home unemployed.

Gary, the Branch Manager for Bankers Life and Casualty in Chesapeake Virginia, seems like a decent guy . . . Very likable. Unfortunately, he does not seem to spend much time at the office. In fact, he was NEVER there when I worked at the Chesapeake Branch.

To be fair, I should point out that I did not work at the Chesapeake branch for very long. In fact, I quit on what would have been my first full day of work.

They seem to have a pecking order at Bankers Life and Casualty in Chesapeake . . . Just like a bunch of cackling hens . . . And I swear there’s a marked regression of power downward through the hen house . . . There’s the Alpha hen, and then the Beta, and Charlie, and Dirk . . . And then all the pullets and capons.

I, as the newest of the new guys, was supposed to willingly assume the role of the little bedraggled and neutered victim, dragging my broken wing as the proud and dominant chickens preened.

Ok . . . Maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration.

Basically what happened is . . . I spent the day toiling away making phone calls and very much in learning mode, trying to absorb as much as I could and learn about the job . . . No problem. But while I was on the phone, I missed a 2 o’clock class I was supposed to attend, where the particulars of Long Term and Short Term Care policies were being discussed.

Earlier in the day, we had two meetings where we recorded the progress we had been making on the phones. Those meetings were preceded by a dimming of lights as a signal for the meeting.

But a two o clock, there was no dimming of lights . . . no friendly tap on the shoulder to alert me that I was missing an important class. Instead I’m making call after call, completely unaware of this class going on that I was supposed to attend.

And when I finally realized that my entire dozen-person or so team (I was on the Daylight team) was gone from the phones, the class had already been going on for about an hour.

And then I’m told that I am culpable because I was fully made aware earlier in the day that a class would be held at 2 o clock. I was? Huh . . . I have no recollection of that, and even if that were true, how hard would have been for one of the team leaders to tap me on shoulder and let me know? My cubicle was maybe 25 feet from the classroom door.

That’s not leadership. That’s not about dealing with the business environment and effectively employing people to accomplish business objectives. That was all about putting the new guy in his place. That’s all about establishing the pecking order in a hen house.

But guess what . . . Real human beings don’t play that game.

Sorry folks, but from my personal experience, I could never recommend Bankers Life and Casualty as a worthy employer or even a viable business organization. From what I have seen, which may or may not be indicative of the corporate culture, they are far too much into hen house politics, and that is a detriment to stated company objectives, as they proudly strive not toward success, but toward a clear pecking order . . . And sub-mediocre business performance.

• Fr
    FRANK STANLEY Dec 03, 2014

MY NAME IS FRANK STANLEY. BANKERS LIFE INS CO CALLED ON MY MOTHER AND MY SELF ABOUT LIFE INSURANCE MY MOTHER WAS 78 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME .I TOLD YHE AGENT THAT THEY PROBALLY COULD NOT INSURE MY MOTHER BECAUSE SHE JUST HAD HER LEFT BREAST REMOVED TO BREAST CANCER AND HER LYMPH NODES REMOVED ON HER LEFT SIDE. BESIDE THAT BEFORE THAT MY MOTHER HAD A LYANJECTOMY A HOLE IN HER THROAT THE SIZE OD A QUARTER SHE WAS AT THE TABLE WITH ME AND THE AGENT.THE WHOLE IN HER THROAT WAS VISIBLE AND ANYONE IN THE INSURANCE BUSINESS SHOULD BE SMART ENOUGH THAT A HOLE IN THE THROAT USUALLY MEANS THROAT CANCER OR BREATHING
    PROBLEMS.THE AGENT SAID NO PROBLEM WITH ANT OF THAT SO WE BOUGHT A SMALL 3000.00 THREE THOUSAND DOLLAR POLICY. SO SINCE HE COULD SELL MY MOTHER LIFE INS I BOUGHT A FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR POLICY AT AGE 55. MY MOTHER DIES AT 80 YEARS OLD JUST 10 DAYS SHORT OF BEING TWO YEARS SHORT OF POLICY MARK. SO THEY DID
    AN INVESTIGATION INTO HER HEALTH AND SAID WE LIED ON THE POLICY ABOUT HER HAVING CANCER AND THROAT CANCER AND THAT SHE WAS ON BREATHING TREATMENT .HOW COULD YOU LIE WITH A HOLE IN YOUR THROAT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER.THEY SENT THE POLICY APPLICATION AND THOSE QUESTION WERE CHECKED NO.I CALLED BANKERS LIFE AND EXPLAINED THE PROBLEM AND THAT WE DID NOT FILL OUT THE APP. HIS AGENT DID MY 78 YEAR OLD MOTHER JUST SIGNED THE DOCUMENT THE AGENT LIED BECAUSE HE KNEW IF HE TOLD THE TRUTH HE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN A SALE .JIM SIEZAK TOLD ME THAT IT WAS POLICY FOR AGENTS TO FILL OUT APPLICATION GOOD SCAM HUGH ON POLICY
    HOLDERS AND THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT I HIRED AN ATTORNEY AND I AM SUING THE COMPANY AND I ALSO DROPED MY POLICY IN 20 YEARS WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO TELL THE PEOPLE I LEFT MY POLICY TO HOW I LIED AFTER TAKING 20 YEARS WORTH OF PERMIUM'S. SO YES THIS COMPANY IS RAN BY CROOKS I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW THAT THIS COMPANY IS RAN BY CROOKS. AND MY MOTHER GOD LOVER TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT HER CANCER BECAUSE SHE PAINTED PICTURES LEGALLY BLIND AND HER EYE DOCTOR COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE COULD PAINT SO GOOD WITH BAD EYES SHE SOLD THE PAINTINGS AND DONATED THE MONEY TO A LARYNGACTOMY FOUNDATION TO PURCHASE PEOPLE
    THE TALKING DEVICE SHE HAD WHO COULD NOT AFFORD THEM .SHE EVEN SHOWED THE PAINTINGS TO AGENT AND TOLD HIM THIS FOR SHE WAS VERY PROUD OF HELPING OTHER PEOPLE. TWO MONTHE AFTER BUYING POLICY OUR AGENT LEFT AND WENT SOME WHERE ELSE TO SELL INSURANCE AND TRIED TO GET US TO JUMP OVER TO HIS NEW COMPANY I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT ANY ONE WHO WOULD DO THIS IS A CROOK.
    FRANK STANLEY .

• Si
    sissy2010 Jul 29, 2014

I worked for Banker's for 1.5 years, and for the most part I enjoyed it. I was great on the phones, easily set my appointments, I felt the training was slightly lacking in some areas, but my instructor was 8 1/2 months pregnant in July (in GA) and pretty much grouchy. The people in my training class wasted a lot of time asking stupid questions or trying to show off what little knowledge they had. We had 2 office days a week, to set appointments, 3 days (or more if you worked weekends) in the field. Yes, the leads were recycled, and I always suspected that the managers kept the best ones for themselves. But, the more sales you made, the better the leads got, (Why waste good prospects on someone with no track record?) I have a lot of friends that still work at Bankers and are making 6 figures. But it is definitely not for everyone. I did a lot of field training for new agents and was appalled at the lack of preparation! I had one "agent" who actually said to a potential client, "You're f*&^ing right about that." Bankers does not screen the applicants well enough and some are so woefully inept it's almost funny, They do have some good products and I never had a client who had a problem getting paid. You have to advocate for your client and help them avoid problems. When I delivered a policy, I went over it word for word, explaining the benefits, how to file for them and I followed up with the client and the company till the claim was paid. You basically own your own business, and client relationships are of paramount importance. You have to keep studying so you can effectively discuss the ins and outs of all the products.
    I left because my branch manager had some definite personality disorders and you never knew where you stood from day to day. He actually threw something at an agent during a training session. I left and went with another company that offered actual leads at no charge.
    I was skeptical at the "group" interview, but when I went back for my one on one, I asked a lot of questions. They were very upfront about the first year's difficulty.
    Don't let these complaints scare you away, go to the interview and decide for yourself. Most every company has some people that blame the company for theri failure,

• In
    Insurance professional Nov 04, 2013

I've had the unfortunate experience of working for this company. I would suggest that this would be the LAST place to try to earn a living, The entire company is a scam. Bankers Life / Colonial Penn / CNO Financial / Conseco are the same company and the corporation is Untrustworthy and has no integrity at all.
    Please take a look at the history that this company has ( inside Edition, Largest bankruptcy in U.S history etc..)
    Their agents are unprofessional, the training is laughable, the so called leads are 2 years old and have been called a hundred times, the Management team is a joke, the policy's are expensive and the company will do anything to get out of paying a claim. They raise premiums every 3 months... who want's to go work for a company like that? Who would do business with a company like that ?
    Stay away from this nightmare...

• Ds
    dsmith652511 Sep 20, 2013

I recieved a call from a Tiffany with Bankers that left a voice mail for me, asking if I was still looking for a job. She went on to say she had gotten my resume from Monter. When I called back there was no Tiffany at the number they had left. To make a long story short, I did not fall victim to this type of scheem. I left a short and to the point message for whom ever received the message at the answer machine I was conected to.

Look out for their scheems and lies. Do not waste your time with such a company.

• Fa
    Factsorthetruth Jul 30, 2013

This company is full of dishonest people, who harass seniors, fail to correct mistakes and give people the run around when it comes to claims. The fail to pay agents commissions when they leave and lie at the drop of a hat to protect themselves. They are representative of everything that is wrong with the insurance industry. Their Broker Dealer is a former bankrupt organization that is trying to make a comeback on the back of Bankers declining B+ rating. Why State Insurance Departments are keeping them in business is somewhat of a mystery, but it could be that is the present economic environment, no other insurance company wants to take the risk of buying them out. There is no integrity this company at all!

• Fa
    Factsorthetruth Jul 09, 2013

This company/agency engages in questionable hiring practices. They hire independent agents, many who have no experience at all. They put these people through a long licensing process without pay or on only a draw against commissions. Their so called training process is a process of telephone marketing, door knocking and other marketing practices (like seminars to seniors), manly bested on the methods of the "agents earning the highest salaries" in the office. They have multiple layers of managers (3-4 supervising each new agent), who earn income on each other. They are a closely knit group, closely resembling a cultist mentality). The classic "pyramid" scheme of many muti-level marketing organization: you have to work hard so that we can make money on you). All of this really sounds like business as usual in America and elsewhere.

Is this illegal? Not in or of itself. But as can be imagined, it does lead to a high number of their agent developing a “gangster mentality”. Gangster mentalities lead to criminal actions and behavior. Is it "unethical". I would say yes, because they tend to sell products based of arm twisting rather than meeting needs that people can afford. (And) they do mislead people into believing that if you follow their system, you will make a lot on money. Nothing could be further from the truth. The average insurance agent in the USA is earning less than $ 30, 000 a years with traveling and other work related expenses eating up most of that meager income.

Unfortunately the entire insurance industry operates in this way. A few do earn very high incomes (the managers who carry out these questionable practices ad make money on everybody else), but the vase majority of agents earn little or no money and ultimately leave frustrated, discouraged and angry at a process that promised them much but delivered little. Insurance sales (or any sales these days) can be a very tough business. But what takes place here is simply a manipulation of the truth. New agent are told (lied to) that the only way for them to be successful in the future is to obtain an expensive securities license and sell security products for one of Bankers affiliates that did go bankrupt a few years ago because of questionable business and financial practices. Those with the securities license use those who don’t have one to get them into the homes of people so that they can “uncover) hidden assets and make multiple sales. This is why the public is becoming so suspicious of insurance agents, who travel in two’s. These financial advisors use these new agents to make them look like experts to clients which and then take a percentage (often 50% or more) of the new agents commission for helping them make the sale. When the new agent objects, they simple withhold leads and try to starve them to death by not working with them. If the new agent leaves, the company still has the business generated by the new agent and can charge that agent for cancelled insurance plans. You get the picture? It’s bad business for who? The new agent and the consumer!

It's really a shame that so called legitimate business organizations in the USA are allowed to operate in this shabby way.
    I doubt that all offices are run in the same manner but Bankers does have a system that is heavily influence by their corporate Headquarters in Chicago. Bankers managers make frequent trips to training meetings and conferences (they get this money by reducing the commissions of agents and from agents who don‘t stay long therefore forfeiting their commissions). So, the company must take their share of the blame for what is happening and sooner or later, such behavior will have a very negative perception on the public perception of this company. Their rating has already declined to B+. Declining ratings are a key tip off to the creditability of insurance companies. The consumer has no need to worry, the industry will save the loser companies from failing to save face and make a little money doing at by paying less for the assets that they buy at a discount. Does all of this sound like business as usual in the USA? Think about how the bankers act!

While this company does sell insurance products that meet needs, their sales tactics are highly manipulative, particularly when you consider that Bankers markets primarily to senior. It seems that people either love Bankers or hate Bankers. But even they need to be aware of the fact that on any od those products, premiums will rise in the future and “back end underwriting” will enable to company to dispute claims. It’s just a fact of how many companies, like this one, operate in the industry.

The company will always say that it is only the “dissatisfied employees/independent agent who make these charges, but don’t believe it. The turnover of agents speaks for itself. Yes, beware of Bankers, and all businesses that operate in similar ways. Sooner or later, they will reap what they sow (the rating will soon close them down).

Beware and be blessed!

• Ed
    eddieharley Apr 25, 2013

Do they have any openings in the fantasy department. You know the department that has people monitoring the comment sites for negative posts and rebutting them with these outlandish "I'm so happy, you people are lazy" stories. I have filled an afternoon reading the so called "positive" fantasy posts. Who says you need to go to the bookstore to find some good fiction.

Bankers employee Mar 06, 2013

I have been working in the insurance industry and for Bankers Life going on 6 years now. The truth is this, it's a self employed business opportunity that may or may not be right for you. Yes initially it is 100% commission because as a self employed individual it is up to you to market, manage, and get yourself paid. Bankers Life is the company that you contract through but they also give and train you on the fundamentals necessary to be successful in the insurance business. Yes it is high turn over as the insurance industry is whether it be Bankers or any other company. If you are a highly motivated person with an entrepreneurial spirit I'd encourage you to try it. Here are some pros for you. I started with Bankers in 2007 at 24 years old and made $80, 000 my first year and have made more every subsequent year. The company offers a 401k matched at 50% when you make management AND give you a COMPANY PAID pension plan + full health, life, disability, dental, and vision benefits. You continue to make renewal income on all of your clients which grows to be substantial over time AND can BONUS up to $160, 000 per year. If you have a downline of agents that report to you, you get an over ride on the business that they right above and beyond everything I just mentioned. It takes hard work yes but it is achievable if you push yourself. I have a high school education. If you want to be a 9-5er and spend your time ### and moaning like some of the people on here that is ok. The greatest part about everything is you are in control of your time and answer to yourself. Anyways I had to represent for Bankers - I hope at least 1 person hears the other side of the argument.

• Su
    Successful Adult Mar 05, 2013

I have worked for BLC for three years now and love it. I started my career with BLC at 49 years old, with a BS degree in IT. I was laid off in 2009, made a major move to a new state following my wives career and could not find a job. BLC called and invited me to attend a career briefing. Understanding a career briefing is a informational meeting, I attended with an open mind to learn about the company and see what they had to offer. I learned the company was structured like a corporation (which I was looking for), where you can move up if your interested in managing other agents. I could also have the career path of Career Agent. I also learned the company's one of the only companies that focus exclusively on the needs of the senior market (which was also important to me). I spent quite a few years in the Marine Corps and feel I'm a pretty honest guy with integrity. I felt I could make a difference in someone's life. Everything I was told in the career briefing was exactly as it was presented. I received training both classroom and field. I rode with a agent until I was ready to go out on my own, which was a blessing because I wasn't really good at sales to start off. I also received support from ALL manages and agents in the office. I received leads (sometimes not as many as I would have liked) and as many names and phone numbers I needed to jump start my career. There was no hidden agenda, nothing hidden in fine print. I was told what I needed to do to be successful, it was my choice to either do it or not. Failure is your responsibility. BLC provides a new agent everything they need to start their career.. I have worked hard my whole life and I have worked hard at this career. I am responsible for my actions and my work ethics. If I fail at anything it is my fault, if I succeed it is my success and I reap the rewards. I can tell you this, success doesn't happen over night, you have to work hard to achieve success. If you work at any company for commission only, guess what, YOU HAVE TO WORK. Reading the above comments made me feel sorry for those that went into the career briefing expecting to walk out of there with a $80, 000.00 salary. Attend the career briefings with your eyes and minds open, look at the opportunity and make a decision if it's right for you. If it's not, don't blame BLC. I have personally interviewed every agent that has left our office. None left on bad terms, some even come back and visit. The first question I ask them "Is their leaving due to poor support or anything that we didn't help them with to becoming successful"? The response is "No, it's harder then I thought it was going to be". This is a tough career choice, it takes a lot of hard work, however it doesn't take long to be successful. Bottom line... You can believe everything you read or experience it yourself and make your choice on your own. One more thing, I have seen BLC bend over backwards to help clients. In my first three months I experienced it. I met a son of a client that after his mom passed, he was going thru his parents checking account. During his audit, he found out his parents were paying on two policies that were duplicated with another insurance company. He provided me with the records and I sent them to BLC home office. BLC provided his father with a refund of four years of premiums. I've read a lot about horror stories with BLC, here's the problem with that. As a agent, my clients are my responsibility. If there's a problem I fix it. Read between the lines here and think about the stories you hear and who wrote them. Disregard the garbage you have read a out BLC. This is a great opportunity, you would have to be blind not to recognize that. However, be prepared to work hard.

• Ya
    Yana84 Feb 15, 2013

I have worked for Bankers for the past year and a half as a RECRUITER. I do not know why all of you people go in to these interviews and do not know it will be a group setting with a presentation. We tell every single person we schedule in that it will be a career briefing with several other candidates applying for the 4 positions along with them. If you have a hard time understanding what a career briefing is then that sounds like a personal problem to me. Try using Google to know what the meaning of a career briefing is. The reason why we do this in this type of form is because at the first interview everyone gets the same info on the four positions we have open. And if the manager feels that you are a good candidate for any of our positions a second interview is then scheduled for the position of your choice. This is dont to save time and the voice of the speaker. If we did a one on one with 45 mins of info with every person it would take forever to get to all of the candidates interested in the opportunity.

• Di
    DigitalBob1 Dec 01, 2012

I'm an unemployed IT guy who received a call from Bankers for an interview. It was a Saturday 10am appointment where they requested I wear business attire. After reading here I got to wondering what I was interviewing for. I called back and sure enough it was a sales position and needless to say I promptly cancelled the interview despite the lady on the other end of the phone telling me I should listen to their pitch. I felt mislead as nowhere did I say on Dice I was even vaguely interested in sales. I would have been livid if I would have wasted half of a saturday suiting up and driving 20 miles to be snookered into selling bad insurance to geriatrics. Avoid these people.

• St
    stephanierenee1 Oct 11, 2012

OK for the people who work for bankers and like it that is great but i believe what has people angry is the fact that they call you for an interview for a job and then you get there and its a presentation and not an interview and when they call you they tell you they have many open jobs and yet all they really have is sales jobs. not everyone can work off of commission because lets face it you never know if you are getting paid that week or not. nothing is stable and not everyone can take a risk of not having a paycheck, especially if you have children that you are raising on your own. the people who work for them and like their jobs are all oh its amazing and you are uneducated and stupid for thinking anything else but if the company would just be HONEST when they call you for the PRESENTATION rather than the INTERVIEW that they claim it to be then people wouldn't be so angry that its not what they expect. Its pretty much like someone selling you a skunk and telling you on the phone that you are picking up a kitten.

collegeGurl21 Jun 11, 2012

I too am one of the employment scouters on the Monster/Careerbuilder websites. The woman who called me was clearly Indian, speaking very rapidly about receiving my resume and they wanted to interview me. Being a passive job seeker (I already work full-time plus I attend a 4 year college full time), I was confused because I hadn't run into BLC on the website or put in an application. I agreed to the interview time and date but became skeptical when I received the email stating the location was in Livonia, MI (30 minutes away from my home). I asked my older relatives about the company and they all had good things to say but something did not sit well with me. Again the woman called me confirming my interview and telling me to bring a "clean copy of my resume". This was odd, considering she had mentioned receiving my resume in the first place. As the weekend closed and my interview date drew near, I scrambled trying to find methods of finding transportation 30 minutes away and how I would go back to the city to make it to work on time. Now it is the night before and I have found SEVERAL websites with potential employees complaining of group presentations and scams. As a person who has been working since the age of 14 years old, I am well aware of my skills and know that commission-only sales would not be the best choices for me so I won't be waking up early for said interview.

To those who have maintained jobs with BLC, congrats. Commission-based sales is not a good idea for those without trust funds or capable of "starving" for the first few months/years. Not to mention, I have no interest in selling insurance anyway.

• Ex
    ex agent Apr 26, 2012

Bankers Life & Casualty is a scam!!! They recruite over 60 agents per year to their branchs because only 1 out of 10 stays longer than 3 months. Their leadership is completely unprofessional, Branch Managers are nothing more than recruiters, and their promises are never delivered to clients, or their agents. This company should be investigated and knowing what I know now, would never recommend any one doing business with them.

• Br
    BrideofChucky Apr 23, 2012

I am a gullible person for the most part, I had just updated my info at monster.com about 4 days ago and this morning I received a call from Jim Chafman (recruiter) saying they were interested and wanted to set up an appointment for either Wed 2pm or Thurs 10am, since I am looking for a new job I agreed to the Wed appointment. The info he provided was very brief, after I told him I did not have any experience in Sales or Ins, he said that they offered training. I am a very loyal person and suck at lying...so after researching this company I came across this page and after reading most of the comments in this website I immediately called Jim back to cancel the appntmt, I left him a VM and he called me back twice, but I did not answer the call and he did not bother to leave a VM, I also removed myself from their mailing list from the email I received earlier confirming my appointment, I will not waste my time with a company who can not be honest and have this many complaints. Thank you all!

JaxMan Dec 02, 2011

Bankers Life and Casualty is full of "Managers" that will tell any new hire what they want to hear to get them contracted because the Company puts ridiculous numbers on each office for new hires.
    I have never seen a company that only rewards Management for having 1st and 2nd year agents and punishes you for having a 10 year agent who you make zero over ride on.
    So they churn through agents like a bad habit.
    Lets be realistic for a minute. All you have to do is look at the 4 major rating agencies. There are 3-4 Companies who have attained the highest ratings from all 4. And those are all Mutual Companies.
    Bankers Life has been a D rated Company since the Conseco Chapter 11 mess.
    If you want a long term career with a Company that has been around for 165 years and has a true professional culture, save yourself a lot of time and go to New York Life.
    The managers are paid by the company instead of making new agents give up half of their commission to pay their bills. And their training program NYLIC University is recognized to be the best in the Industry. And when you talk to your potential clients you don't have to spend 30 minutes defending yourself and your company of its bad reputation. You walk in with Brand Name recognition already and AAA ratings across the board.

• Go
    GoBears2011 Aug 02, 2011

Just got a call from Bankers wanting to set up an interview. The recruiter said they found my resume on Monster and that I would be a good fit to the company. My resume is all about Auto Mechanics, but I would be a good insurance salesman.

sayNOOtoBankerslife Jul 20, 2011

@Cooljuno
    ***What i saw is not a company doing something unscrupulous***

Sometimes I walk around with my eyes shut and my hands covering my ears too.

***The reason she gave for the mass invite made sense to me. instead of waisting time giving the same information 20 times a day, speak to everyone about what the business is about at one time and those who like what it has to offer stay and those who don't leave.***

Ok, so, right off the bat they start out lying to you. Where do they mention "group" presentation when they tell you that after spending 10 years as a marine biologist, you''re just what they're looking for in an insurance agent, and should come in for an "interview" for the "management in training" position. It's lies right off the bat.

So not wanting to waste their own time, the branch manager thought it was ok to waste the unemployed person's time by making them think it was a one on one interview? Got it. Clearly you work for Bankers. To anybody considering working for this scheming dump of a company, in this day in age of unemployment, if a company starts out lying to you to get you to come in for an interview, does that really sound like a place you want to work?

jollyrancher1 Jul 20, 2011

Everything they are saying about Bankers Life Co. PFC/CBL is true. I am an honest person this company has been taking money out of my acct. since 2010 and I asked them to stop. The days date is July 20th 2011 and they are still taking money out of my account. We had to do a stop payment and an investigation at my bank. they were so kind to waive the stop payment fee. However, this is not right. There are soooo many Bankers Life Co. out there you don't know which is which. Investigate before you buy with them please.

Cooljuno Jul 05, 2011

ok so i posted before and i looked up what a previous poster had to say
    "· Bankers - Long Term Care insurance problems: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/bankers_life_long_term_care.html"
    What i saw is not a company doing something unscrupulous perse, I saw a company being a company and a person who didn't read a contract throughly getting the fuzzy end of the stick because of it. The person states that in the contract they signed very important info was given and that since they weren't asked to initial such an important clause. they shouldn't have to be held by the rules of their contract and that it should be changed. I feel for people who suffer because they don't pay as close attention to the things they sign as they should . But honestly look at cell phone companies and how many people they hose with their $69/month programs that really cost $120/month. Bankers seems no different. I'm researching these postings because i have a secondary interview Friday. I wanted to make sure it was worth doing. the manager suggested we research the company. i did see something about an entire office of B&L workers being investigated but there are crooks everywhere don't believe it look at Enron, Tyco, Walmart, Haliburton, The hartford, Adelphia the list goes on and on. a truthfully disgruntled workers do lots of things against former employers. they sue, they vandalize, they shoot up the office and sometimes they write stuff about the old job on the internet.

Cooljuno Jul 05, 2011

I don't work for Bankers life but i went to one of their interest meetings today. The manager gave me her spiel and it sounded like it may be a position that COULD be viable. The reason she gave for the mass invite made sense to me. instead of waisting time giving the same information 20 times a day, speak to everyone about what the business is about at one time and those who like what it has to offer stay and those who don't leave. Weed out the people who wouldn't want the position at a one hour presentation instead of wasting an entire day doing it over and over. Before this interview i worked for the Hartford, the contract call center for United health care and AARP. Certain licensing that you need to progress with them you are required to pay out of pocket. same difference. The big difference you get a salary with the Hartford but NO residuals. they give you a sales incentive instead of commision. That is so they can take any incentives you earn away if they decide you have done anything they don't like. but thats not too bad since you only make a one time $2.50 per successful sale. After you have made 25 successful sales. you could end up speaking to 100 people a day (who called YOU) and make all of 2 sales. If you enter this business with an open mind and realize that a commision position is about building relationships and that in a day when you can't even trust family, you are asking a person to part with hard earned money. you'll be able to see that this is any call center job and you will get a few clients and not get 3 times as many but it will be more rewarding then many jobs you could land.

• Bi
    Bill_Baylog_Nightmare Jun 02, 2011

The Bankers Life and Casualty Company Garbage Pile List – Click on the links to confirm that you’ve made a great choice to stay away from Bankers Life and Casualty AND American Senior Benefits, LLC:

· BLC turning the tables - http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv02769/254924/ - by suing former Traverse City, Michigan branch manager Shannon Nelson, and the other mindless storm trooper (ex)managers from the Traverse City branch office: Ryan Kashmerick, John Blanck, Kelly Dachtler, Timothy Horvath, David Teesdale, Troy Baxter, Lisa Benson, Bert Brotherton, Joshua Clark, Kirk Johnston, John Kime, Seth Kishefsky, Joseph Michalec, Michael Robertson, Kurtis Tulppo and Jonathan Young.
    All of the above listed (and others not listed) agents and managers all left the Traverse City Bankers Life branch in March and April of 2011 and started a competing agency with American Senior Benefits. American Senior Benefits should also be avoided because it is run by ex- Bankers Life managers. Ryan Kashmerick and Shannon Nelson convinced everyone else to leave Bankers Life after the company swarmed in to do an internal audit on the scandalized branch office. This would be why they are now being sued for breach of contract among other things. Now, as of May 26, 2011, many of those poor souls that are now being sued have left the regime of Shannon Nelson and Ryan Kashmerick. But, alas, they’ll still have to face the lawsuit - have fun boys and girls!

· BLC Hidden Camera Video by Inside Edition Investigative Reports. Bankers Life interview and sales call is a must watch Hidden Investigative Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Cb7Ce-kos Story: http://www.insideedition.com/news/4588/inside-edition-investigates-sales-tactics-of-some-bankers-life-and-casualty-agents.aspx

· Interview Scam Forum: 63 pages and over 600 forum posts regarding to Bankers Life and their interview and hiring practices (start at the last page): http://bankers-life-and-casualty-company.pissedconsumer.com/interview-scam-20100804192456/62.html

· “Pissed Consumer” forum about Bankers Life and Casualty: http://bankers-life-and-casualty-company.pissedconsumer.com/corporate-thieves-20100825195684.html

· Over 180 forum posts describing various atrocities on why you should never work for, or be insured by Bankers Life and Casualty: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=1048243

· [redacted]s on Bankers Life and Casualty: /link removed/

· Scam.com forum on Bankers Life and Casualty being HORRIBLE: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=1048243

· What happens when you leave Bankers Life: http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2009/09/21/newscolumn3.html

· What happens when Bankers agents rip people off: http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2011/02/07/bankers-life-and-casualty-agents-ban.html

· Consumer complaint by someone who interviewed with Bankers Life: /link removed/

· Bankers - Life Insurance problems: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/bankers_life_life_insurance.html

· Other lawsuits involving Bankers Life (scroll down the page a little once you’re there to see the various lawsuits): http://dockets.justia.com/search?query=Bankers+Life+and+casualty&search=Search&stateorcourt=&judge=&lawsuittype=&documentfilter=allcases&after=&beforee=

• Gu
    Gumfighter May 20, 2011

I love the guys who start off their posts like "I've been with this company for <however long>." Maybe you mean it, but so many people defending the company say that it sounds like a pre-scripted blurb written for use by people who work for the company going to complaint boards to try some damage control. Maybe if you guys thought of something else to say first and worked that in later, you'd sound a little less fake.

And just because a company's been around a long time, that doesn't mean they're honest. Maybe the first people to run the company really were serious about providing a good service to people, but a company doesn't stay around for over a century with the same people in charge. When the leadership changes, often the company's morals do too, and you can't honestly expect each successive CEO to have the exact same vision, the exact same priorities, the exact same level of honesty, professionalism, respect for their clients and a lot of other things. It's hilarious how you guys claim to be more in touch with the real world. If only we really lived in a world where old = honest and smart.

I've been to one of those "interviews" that's really just a cattle call. They throw a bunch of flashy figures at you, but never say why you, somebody who's never worked in insurance or sales a day your life, is such a perfect fit for the position they're offering. Which often is not the one they actually promised you to get you to come in. If they weren't a scam, if they were as professional as their defenders say, wouldn't they look for people with the skills they want, or at the very least tell people at the "interview" that the job is tough and not for everyone? How long it takes before you're really making that 60 grand a year they mentioned? They might not get as many recruits, but the number of people complaining about their deceptive practices would be a hell of a lot lower.

SAYn02BANKERSLlFE May 04, 2011

***The company has been around for 130 years it is not a scam you idiots.***

Outstanding! I didn't realize that as long as a company was around for 130 years it doesn't matter how unscrupulous or crooked they are, the company can longer be considered a scam. That's certainly Bankers logic.

Bankers SCAMS seniors with the bait and switch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Cb7Ce-kos
    Bankers SCAMS seniors by not paying bills and making it purposely difficult to resolve any customer service issue or claim.
    Bankers SCAMS seniors by knowingly and willfully sending out clueless agents with little to NO insurance knowledge

Bankers SCAMS the unemployed by contacting them about a "manger in training position." Manager in training implies the new hire will be trained in the very near future to be a manger (weeks). THIS IS NOT THE CASE
    Bankers SCAMS the unemployed by making them think this is a job anybody can do. Only when you leave, after you've blown thru your savings, do they inform you, this job isn't for everybody.
    Bankers SCAMS the unemployed by making them think that there is actually some consideration being made as to whether they will be hired or not. BANKERS WILL TURN DOWN NOBODY. If you can fog a mirror, congrats, you're hired.

If you really want to get into the many ways Bankers SCAMS it's own employees do a simple search. Everywhere from charging an insane amount for recycled leads to firing veteran agents to save money on renewals, THEN sending out a new agent to rewrite their old polices, THEN sending a collection agency after the Veteran agent for charge backs. Hell, guess who pays for those Bankers trips for being the scammer in the office. YOU DO! You're 1099ed for it at the end of the year.

Keep those blinders on buddy. You can justify it to yourself that you are "helping" seniors but if you really wanted to "help" seniors you would go to a better rated company and offer your clients better policies for less money.

***If you don't like the way they do business then don't work for them.***
    That's what I am hoping to convince everybody of who reads this.

***Their approach to the market is smart. The baby boomers are a HUGE market that is why they are targeting senoirs.***
    It is much smarter to try and scam seniors. Absolutely correct on this. They are easier targets. We agree here.

***It's not a pyramid scam either. ****
    Wrong. Bankers is set up exactly like a pyramid, feeding off as many employees that can be brought in. If every company is like this, explain how at Burger king the cashier doesn't get a cut of the Burger flippers pay and the burger flipper doesn't get a cut of the floor sweepers pay. The Bankers Life and Casualty objective is to cram as many people into an office as possible. If anything the clueless newbies will at least write a policy on themselves or their families. The clueless field trainers make money off the clueless newbies sales. The field Mangers make money off the fields trainers and and the clueless newbies sales. The branch manager makes money off of everybody. Not every single person involved makes a salary. The money is based on hiring absolutely everyone stupid enough to work for the company and then hope that they sell at least something before they quit. I hate to tell you, THAT, isn't how "every corporation" is set up.

***Does that mean it is a scam? No because they provide a service and a product.***
    Seriously? So let's recap, according to you, as long as an unscrupulous company is around for 130 years and provides a service and product it does not constitute being a scam? Got it. Might want to check the ridiculous amounts of lawsuits going on against many of Bankers scheming offices before you make that statement. The problem with this freakin' internet is there are just too many concrete facts provided by the government on petty things like lawsuits for scamming seniors and employees alike.

***Where did you people get your education?***
    Thankfully not a Bankers brainwashing meeting.

***###ing hilarious. ###S on the internet. Gotta love it.***
    I totally agree.

• Em
    Employed #WINNER!!!!! Apr 13, 2011

This forum is hilarious. The company has been around for 130 years it is not a scam you idiots.
    If you don't like the way they do business then don't work for them.
    It's not a pyramid scam either. You can say every corporation is a pyramid scam if you want. CEO at the top.
    Does that mean it is a scam? No because they provide a service and a product.
    Where did you people get your education? [censor]ing hilarious. [censor]S on the internet. Gotta love it.

bankersvic Apr 12, 2011

Boy I hope that this will others I wish i would have read this 6mouth ago $650.00everyboby else beware it socks to be me.

Andrew722 Apr 10, 2011

I worked for Bankers for 6 months. I had some decent success - it was up and down. I liked what I did, actually. I also had a good manager who cared about my success and ME as a person. The Branch Manager was another story. He was pushy and arrogant and I had to draw the line with him. He would be intimidating on office days (when we called to book appointments for the following days), call up my personal phone on my way to appointments and was an ENTIRE aggravation to say the least. I knew I wouldn't stay with someone like that, so I left. However, I liked what I do so much and realized there is potential in this industry that I went on my own and worked as an independent. I do have another job to make ends meet, but is worth staying in the business because is pays at least as good as a part-time job working at it as a part-time business. Now that renewals are coming in, it is even better. By the way - Bankers DOESN'T pay out commissions as much as on your own. For final expense life insurance, as an example, I make more than DOUBLE what Bankers paid on a policy. Anyway, I am glad I started with Bankers no matter how it ended because they do train you well (my branch did). I needed to learn this business before I struck out on my own. So, it worked out. There is truth to the "revolving door." I was the last person in my 15 member class to leave... doesn't say a lot for Bankers over only 6 months time. They advance you on commissions - this makes it easier to pay bills. HOWEVER - if a policy cancels, you owe it back. Also, EVEN after you leave and if a policy cancels you OWE them, while you do not get renewals. This is a double standard and I very much fault Bankers for that. OK- payback but if you do that, PAY renewals chum. That is what I hated most. Anyway, I was glad I went with them initially, but wasn't the right thing to stay for me. If you eventually seek management with them, go with them and go through the ropes. If you want your own business in this industry - go with them and learn (if you haven't somewhere else) and THEN leave them because IF YOU KNOW THE BUSINESS - you will make a LOT more on your own as an independent than staying with Bankers as a career agent. Hope this helps - Good Luck.

• Jd
    jdub12 Mar 05, 2011

I have worked for Bankers for over 4 years now and while it is commission based I have had a year where I made well over 100k and another where I mae 82 k and have never meade less than 35k and that was in my first year.We help seniors and sounds like a bunch of babies on this site. Sales are not for weak employee mind set people who like to get paid just for showing up. We actually have to work but when we do we get paid big.

• Ik
    Iknowyouknow Feb 19, 2011

Bankers Death and Scamalty is a poorly ran pyramid scheme that preys upon uneducated and ignorant people. They want to hire people that have very little to no education and people right out of college. They feel if they throw huge money figures at these people, they will be dumb enough to take a job where the company you work for GIVES YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP YOU. They will try to convince you that this job where you pay everything, take all the risk and have very little to no support...translation you work for FREE is a great opportunity. People who have worked in the real world, working a real job (meaning a company that pays their employee money, benefits and retirement) WOULD NEVER WORK THIS JOB. Ask yourself why? B/C THEY ARE NOT DUMB OR IGNORANT. THEY UNDERSTAND WORKING FOR FREE IS INSANE!!!

If you do happen to be mentally challenged and start this "career", you will hunt and prey on Granny. You will lie, cheat and steal from Granny. Why? B/C Bankers products are awful. Their competitors ("A" rated insurance companies) offer much better products, claims and agents to seniors. So the only way to sell is to hard close Granny and force her to sign an application that Granny has never agreed to and don't forget that damn check. Who cares if Granny is senile and has a POA, as long as you can keep putting up those big numbers at Round Robin BS sessions so your lazy-[censor] manager, who oh by the way you make EVERY DIME OF HIS/HER MONEY AND THEY DO NOTHING FOR YOU, doesn't ream you a new one.

After 3 months when you have lost every dime of your savings and you go to your manager for help, they will tell you SOL and explain that this "career" isn't for everyone and hell 85-90% of people FAIL. Then you quit, after you leave, your manager will explain how you weren't "good enough, lazy and unethical" Oh yeah, you weren't a team player. It was your fault that this "great opportunity" failed for you, even though you were set-up to fail from the beginning.

Your troubles then are just beginning. You see, your manager will go out a see all your clients and cancel out the policies you wrote them and re-write new ones, where he/she makes 100% commission and your a$$ gets a nice "Dear John" letter from Stuart Allen and Associates informing you that you owe Bankers money. Well how can that be since you PAID FOR EVERYTHING and have been gone now for months. Then the real harassments start. You are sent to collections by Stuart All and Associates, and they will not stop until you pay back every last dime.

Welcome to a GREAT opportunity with Bankers. Don't worry the federal Government is investigating Bankers for their constant illegal, immoral sale tactics and deception and unfair treatment of Granny. So this Mickey Mouse organization will be closed here soon.

• Wa
    wantarealjob Jan 04, 2011

Glad I read these complaints. I have never heard of this insurance company, so I told them I would go for an interview. However, after reading all these posts I believe I will skip it. They basically told me I needed to start working while I am still in college hahahahaha!!! I am taking 18 credits next semester and already work two jobs. I hate to sound like a snob, but I don't want to work for a company that doesn't care about a college education or qualifications in their employees. Why would they contact a person with my unrelated degree if they are looking for someone who has their insurance license? I might be very young but I am not a fool. I will continue to apply where a college degree matters. If I wanted to work a crappy low level job with no benefits I would continue working at a grocery store like I did in high school.

Saynoo2BANKERSlife Dec 09, 2010

To Jaclynann
    That was hilarious, I had to respond.

***I currently work for Bankers. The reason you are getting that response so quickly Corkz, is because we use a recruiting system that scans resumes for good candidates and places them in a file.***

Good Candidates? Good? Really? I think you mean "we use a recruiting system that scans for anybody who is alive." You could have on your resume that you are an out of work serial killer looking to kill again and guess who would call you for an interview? Anybody? Bankers!

***The system then automatically sends out an email letting you know we are interested, kinda a heads up we may be calling kind of thing. Not everyone who gets that email will be called. ***

Really? If that is true it's only because Bankers sends out an email to every email they come across.

***Your resume is them evaluated by a professional who then decides to call you or not.***

You sound ridiculous. Professional? These "professionals" according to you, are college kids. When you need to see a doctor or lawyer do you frequent community colleges seeking out "professionals" to help you. They get a list that isn't weeded thru and directed to call everyone. They get paid based on how many people show up to the brainwashing lie fest interview. It has nothing to do with the quality of the resume.

***Just like any job, this may not be for everyone, however, I would not be good at Construction or Nursing.***

The problem with this statement is on the interview, the "manager" makes it seem like anybody can do it. After you've work 60+ hours a week and blown through your savings for 3 months that's when you'll hear it isn't for everyone.

***And just because you may not like a company, is does not, in any way, mean that you should bash that company!***

Wrong. Absolutely it does. Let's forget the Poor Senior Citizens that are preyed on by Bankers for a moment. I'll qualify this that not all Bankers Agent wittingly go out and prey on seniors. But go to Youtube Type in "Inside Addition" and "Bankers" you'll see exactly what the agents are being taught. And no, that's not just an isolated branch office. That's Bankers.

Bankers preys on unemployed people looking for work. They absolutely DO NOT say this is a specified position that isn't suitable for everybody. The recruiter is told to do everything they can do to get you into an interview. The manger during the interview will fill your head with all this money you will be making with Bankers. If you can fog a mirror, you will be a Bankers agent. Think I'm kidding? Call my bluff. Go to a Bankers interview in your pajamas. Unless you choose yourself not to take the job. You will be hired. Well your strung along a bit. You are invited to a couple other interview and if you keep showing up, they know they got a sucker.

This company should be bashed. If I can save just one person from going to Bankers, working 60+ hour weeks, paying for leads, paying for gas, paying for, well, everything, only to get 1099 at the end of the year, I have done my job.

***To be honest, I'm glad that the ones bashing are not working for us, because they are the ones who lack common sense and motivation and will ruin any company the work for.***

I have plenty of common sense, that's why I'm not at Bankers. Motivation? Please I did the 60+ hour weeks for nearly a year. Right now I make a nice living and don't have to worry about the Bankers BS.

***Words of wisdom.. IF YOU DON'T WANT COMPANIES TO CALL YOU ABOUT A POSITION, DON'T PUT YOUR RESUME ONLINE! (again, common sense)***

Common sense again, well common sense would tell you that just because somebody puts their resume online doesn't mean they would make a great insurance agent, but that's what Bankers tells the people they recruit.

Jaclynann, Sweet heart, you'll find this out sooner or later, if you haven't seen it by now, well, just keep calling Granny, you'll into her Bank Account sooner or later, BANKERS IS A GLORIFIED PYRAMID SCAM.

1Cram as many people into a branch office that are stupid enough to work there.
    2Have those agents write policies on their family and friends.
    3After those suckers quit, some of the policies they wrote will lapse, but not all.
    4Those renewals keep coming in like poor unemployed people looking for work.
    5Repear the process.

It's sick. If you are blind to it great. But anybody with any "common sense" wouldn't work for this company if the did even a bit of research on it. Still wanna be a Bankers agent? Do more research? After that, if you still do, I feel sorry for you.