Menu

First Data review: hidden fees

D
Author of the complaint
1:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I started a very small online retail store a month ago (May 2010) and told Bank of America that I was looking to experiment with different vendors just to see how businesses operate and how to do normal operations. I told them I had no idea if I would make money or not. They had me sign an amendment to waive the early termination fee so I would agree to try them out. A VP of Bank of America Merchant Services told me that no fees would be charged until June 30th, 2010. That gave me ample time to get the business up and running. Today First Data and Bank of America garnished the earnings from an online sale to pay First Data's setup fees. I promptly ended business relationships with both Bank of America and First Data.

More First Data complaints & reviews

First Data - contract cancellation
4 comments
D
Oct 18, 2011 2:14 am EDT

Well Bank of America has a $500 cancelation bull___ fee. I am pissed that I have been banking with Bank of America for so long and they have the nerve to tell me that the terms and conditions were mailed to me in a welcome kit (I never recieved) after I signed their contract at the time I opened my business account in person. What type of BS is this? I will close all three of my accounts immediately. And aside from the obvious frustration, I have been looking for these cancelation fees in writing for hours online and have yet to find anything.

S
Sep 30, 2011 12:24 am EDT

Financial Transactions Services, LLC has a $750.00 "early termination fee". Yet, you are never "under contract". FTS is a SCAM!

R
Nov 24, 2010 9:36 pm EST

Wow I can't believe someone is blasting you for complaining that a company did not disclose all their hidden fees and if this person is the one that signed you up without disclosing fees then so be it if you mention her name! Just to let you know the setup fees are not implemented by First Data which is the processor, but rather this is an acquirer fee which means Bank of America fee they like to play the blame game and blame it on First Data. The acquirer determines whether or not to charge a setup fee basically a bull___ fee to generate more income and First Data (the processor) deducts fees as determined by Bank of America! and no you aren't lucky they gave you the opprtunity of trying their service and bilking you for a bogus setup fee without eing locked into a contract with a hefty cancelation fee. There are other reputable acquirers out there that waive termination fees all the time I work for one of them Financial Transaction Services, LLC [email protected]

S
Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm EDT

Pretty rude that you would note the name of an employee when she was just doing her job to service you. It does not appear that she had any wrong doing here. I am certain that you could have resolved the issue and recieved your money back for a set up fee without blasting an employee's name. Shame on you. Also, you are just lucky that Bank of America offered this service to you without a contract.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

156 complaints