Banfield Animal Hospitaldeceiving possible clients

It appears that Banfield likes lying to callers that they will get back to them within 48 hours with how something was handled and through my investigation of complaints with this not being so most of the time I told them until they got back with me I would continue to post this until they did so and I guess they don't believe me or don't care.

I called your customer advocate # and spoke with a fellow named Dwayne. My report to him is as follows. My wife and I approached your pet desk at the Florence Kentucky Petsmart location on Sept 3, 2011 for information on a surgery for both our cats. The 2 girls working at the desk were only somewhat knowledgable about one thing. Just attempting to shove a wellness program down our throats. They sure didn't have any answers to our questions. I assume this is what you train them to do more than be knowledgable about your services. We set an appointment to come in on the 8th to have our cat's bloodwork done and a LASER declaw. You noticed I Capitalized Laser. The girls at the desk did not know what the vets would do on Wednesday for sure. We arrived at 8:13 am for our 9:00 appointment and called inside to make them aware that we were in the parking lot; due to traffic we arrived early but since they were opening the doors for drop offs we had assumed they might let us sit inside instead of in the car. They said they opened at 9:00; that was another uncaring flag for me. We made our 9:00 appointment at the front desk and were met by one of the original unknowledgable girls we'd spoken with before. Her first respones when she saw our appointment was, "you're here for a declaw and the wellness program." I told her no we are not. We are here to speak with a Vet before we do anything. The cats were weighed and we were placed in a waiting room the size of miniature bathroom, as one had to stand for lack of seating for more than one. At this point another lady came in and took our adoption shot and vaccine information to the back and later returned to ask us if we were joining the wellness program. Must be some bonus for who gets you to sign up for this program. I said no. We want to speak with a Vet before we make any decisions. Well, in comes the Female Vet with the last name of Lambert. She informed us that "the Surgery was actually not Laser but similiar. We use a form of vibrations and waves." I ask why the paperwork specifically states it is laser surgery and that an additional charge of $55.00 per cat is added for the Laser surgery. She stated that is was similiar. The next reply was that the had had a Laser machine, but it had broken down. They'd replaced it with a similar machine, which was not a laser machine. I think, DO WHAT? What an ignorant response. My wife asked, what about the pain of this surgery compared to Laser. Lambert's reply was that with all the declawing surgeries the pain is about the same. I looked at her and told her that was not true.in our opinion based on what we read on Laser surgery in prior investigation she told us a bare face lie just to get our money. I told her I was taking our 2 cats and leaving. I also told the young lady at the desk on the way out you do not even offer Laser surgery here. Dwayne said he would be looking into this at that location and would let me know what they did. I have heard nothing at this point and don't really expect to hear from him, as I have read the public forums complaints on the internet about your company and see that most don't get anywhere with anything. If I had it to do over again I should have signed the paper, let them do the Laser surgery that is not really laser but similiar, and then followed it up with 2 lawsuits, one for each Cat. I am copying this message and saving it to post on every comment board I can find unless I hear from your company on how this has been handled. We have been to numerous Vets and animal hospitals over the past 30 years and have never met with any as unknowledgable regarding office work or a Vet that has lied to us.