Baers Furniture Ft Lauderdale β€” furniture misrepresented

A

I bought Tommy Bahama living room furniture for $5000.00 in March 2008 with the assurance there were no feather products in it. Took delivery April 1 and it was full of feather. Kathy Baer refused to accept a return. Kathy Baer said "you didn't stipulate no feather on your receipt". Finally she agreed to reorder new, and gave me an invoice for the order. It has been 5 months now. Kathy Baer and Ira Baer both refused to return my calls. Finally the office person said she'd see about it. This week they called me the order was in. It wasn't the full order but I drove 4 hours to pick up the pillows for the sofa. When I got there they were ONLY the insides ...no fabric covers! I kept my old down smelling covers but I said the new inside pillows smelled like feather dander but they refused to let me cut them open. I thought maybe the factory was lazy and re-used just existing smelly covers. I tried airing them out for two days, still smelled. I cut them open...the REPLACEMENT PILLOWS ARE FULL OF FEATHERS AGAIN. I called multiple times and Ira Baer and Kathy Baer are not returning my calls again. I called the Lexington factory who informed me that all Tommy Bahama is feather but they would call the store and see what can be done. Still waiting. Never in my life have I experienced such horrible customer treatment. I'm filing a complaint with the consumer agency, BBB and anybody else I can think of. I have had NO USABLE living room furniture for 5 months for a living room set I bought OFF THE FLOOR.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices