Award Notification Commissionacquisition fee for premium offer

This company continues to send award notification letters, requesting cash, check or money order for $11.89 as an acquisition free as part of the steps to receiving a lump-sum check for $1, 140, 000.00 or 30 year annuity payment of $66, 667.00 per year with a total payment of $2, 000, 000.00. This fake award notification looks very official, with the letter heading "official declaration of certified award and provision of payment. " it states no purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chance of winning, yet states that the prepayment of fee for $11.89 is mandatory and must be enclosed as a requirement by selective method of payment and remittance enclosed with the complete return of the entire page in order to be the recipient of the award. Please do not send these people any money. If you win an award judgement, no matter the amount, the individual isn't required to send any money, not for processing fees, or any other fees!! If you receive this document, as I have, ignore the letter, trash it, or shred it. Know that they continue to ask for more money and there is no one who has ever received the award from this organization.

• Df
    D Frasier Aug 27, 2014

I have received this also, and now they are asking for $12.99 to cover the acquisition fee. Normally, I just throw these things out, but they are mail fraud, and I want them to stop. I called the USPS hot line at [protected] to report it after I read some of these complaints.

• Ou
    out of pocket investor Jun 23, 2014

Return them to the Company marked "DECEASED". They have to pay return postage. This should do the trick. or you could simply keep returning them WITHOUT MARKING THEM ! This way you get satisfaction of scamming a scammer. It costs them money in the long run.

• De
    Debby Bolden Jun 23, 2014

I am a manager of a retirement scheme in England and one of my elderly and vulnerable residents is being bombarded with at least 10 letters a week asking for money. He is finding it very distressing. How on earth can I get these stopped?

• Lo
    lori6381 Jun 16, 2014

I also send in one fee like they asked and continue to send me letters. Today I got a letter stating my award is in limbo awaiting my payment of $12.99. The contact name on the paper is William MacDouglas, compliance examiner. I have also researched and found several times if you will any sum of money there are no fees to pay you just receive the award. This is a scam no mater how hard the try to reel you in don't take the bait!!!

• Co
    codedd May 03, 2014

I agree I just found out my mom paid the $11.89 and she keeps getting this letter. No phone number on this letter anywhere. Mom thinks someone is gonna give her money so she is an easy mark. I wish I could find out how to get hermoney back.

• Re
    Rehema Gowon Apr 25, 2014

Stated that I won $2, 000, 000.00. And for me to get this money I suppose to send them an Acquisition fee for premium offer due and must be enclosed as required for $11.89 payable to the office of ANC