A&Wdishonest burger tv commercial

G

In the commercial they have a guy complaining to a Ronald Macdonald figure about using non-US beef in their burgers. He talks about New Zealand beef - implying it is sub-standard product.

Now I have had the pleasure of eating New Zealand beef as well as American beef and believe me, it is far superior to US beef in both taste, goodness and texture.
New Zealand cattle are not fed steroids and other chemical supplements as US cattle are, they are natural fed and are thus not only far healthier but also tastier.

A&W Restaurants need to seriously review their commercial and pull it. They are slandering New Zealand products - which is dishonest. It tells me that their product is so poor it can't hold it's own on merit.

• Updated by Stewart Nanibush · Jul 09, 2019

Piece of wood in my burger, it was surprising where did that come from? I like eating A&W food, I don't know after experience.

• Mo
    Morin Pandya Sep 03, 2019

We bought 2 chubby burger combo and asked for extra red aioli but they gave me spicy chicken instead.

• St
    Stewart Nanibush Jul 15, 2019

On Saturday June/06/2019, (9:15 PM) at A&W Mercer Street Toronto. I order a uncle burger, papa burger, took it home to eat. The wife had papa and I had the uncle burger. I started to eat my uncle burger, I pull out of the burger a piece of wood chip, the wood chip was less the 1 inch x 1/4, that was very surprising to me.

Comments

• Ca
    Carrie Stanger Dec 09, 2018

i needed 2 bacon burgers no cheese. i told her twice. she brought the burgers with cheese as well as the rest. i asked her to correct the order. i showed her the order. she stated so what
    i said the order has cheese she said ok ill take it off. my children are allergic to cheese

• Ro
    Rozsarizs Sep 10, 2018

There was a coupon for a Papa Burger, fries and a root beer for $4.99 in the Sunday (8/26/18) Seattle Times. The A&W on 16th Ave. S.W. in Seattle would not honor the coupon today. (8/31/18) The coupon expires on 11/24/18. They offered me a Papa Bear combo for $5.99 but I only had a $5 bill and some change so I left.

Charlie1204 Aug 20, 2018

When you have your [censored]ing drive through open let us order food its always the same [censored] hire new help for this [censored] hole

• Da
    David Horchak Mar 01, 2008

You guys are lucky I have not been able to even figure out how to register a complaint. They have easy access to buy a franchise though why anyone would want to buiy a franchise for one of the worst run restaurants in the uS I have no idea. The local A&W has been closed for months but today they looked open cause cars are in the Drive thru I got in line for 5 minutes I finally went in and they told me the drive thru was closed. Why do they have cars parked in the drive thru lane and look like they are opened,

• Ge
    George Reed Jan 20, 2008

I actually wanted to reply directly too A&W, however this will work just fine.

Service complaint: Been going to A&W since I was a kid in 1956, Been to a lot of A&W's since.
    Never Have I seen such poor service as the franchise in Sicamous, B.C. in Canada.
    Pathetic doesn't even come close.
    Everytime I have gone in I have either been shorted on an order, had to wait excessively long periods of time with others being served first who came in after I did. Or ventured to eat something that was on the grill for God knows how long?
    I thought perhaps the drive up would work better, Nope, Here I was shorted on items all of the three I had chosen. The drink was correct. Of course I found out after I returnrd to work as I only have a 1/2 hr. for lunch.
    I could see this happening once in a while. This is consistant. It's a good job we are in a tourist region as the locals have pretty much boycotted the franchise, myself included now.
    they corrected the problem apologizing. which is a good thing. but they still don't get it.
    I have lived here for several years and at one time it was pretty good. Three years ago. Now I choose to go without before I will ever go their again. Very small community of 3000 people here. Think if I was the manager I would want to keep all my customers happy especially in winter months when business is slower.
    Having been in A&W's all across Canada, This one wins the Rotten Service Award hands down.
    No anomosity here just having been in the service industry all my life. I know what it takes to keep people coming back. This one hasn't a clue.
    I'm now 63 years of age.
    Hoping for a Dairy Queen to come to Town or anybody else.
    Disgruntle ex patron of A&W

• Mi
    Michael A. Katz Jun 24, 2007

This is a copy of an email that I sent to A&W Restaurants with a Carbon Copy To McDonalds & The New Zealand Beef & Wool Board. I can honestly tell you (From a reply that I received From the NZ Beef & Wool Board, that the New Zealand Ambassador is investigating this matter, I only wish I had a copy of this TV Commercial.

Dear Ms Johnson,

I am writing to express my dislike over your new advertising campaign for A&W Restaurants.

Your TV ad depicts a young gentleman almost scolding (Growling for the sake of our Kiwi friends), Ronald McDonald, for using New Zealand meat products in Macdonald's products. This gentleman and your ad seems to suggest that New Zealand beef is less a product that beef raised here in the USA. Ms. Johnson, I'm here to inform you that I lived in New Zealand for fives year with intention of returning permanently next year and NZ Beef products are far superior to the beef products of the USA seeing that they raise the beefers without the growth hormones and artificial feeds that we use here in the states.

In fact, it is said in NZ, that the beef product exported to the states from NZ is better quality than the beef products that the New Zealanders consume themselves. This I cannot confirm seeing that any beef, pork, fish or poultry products that I have consumed in New Zealand was far better tasting than that I have consumed in the states.

In fact New Zealand Beef is so healthy for you, it is recommended that it be consumed 4-5 times per week. I suggest that A&W Restaurants re-evaluate their advertising campaign see that when people find out about the quality of NZ Beef (nad I'm sure they will), you may steer alot of business McDonalds way.

Sincerely,
    Michael A. Katz
    C.C NZ Meat Board & McDonald's Restaurants.

• Gs
    G Simp Jun 15, 2007

I agree it should be the other way around, commending mc-e-d's for using a better quality meat!