Auto Services Company, Inc.refusal to honor warranty

I purchased a 2003 bmw in 06 - 2008 and at the same time purchased a warranty by auto services company. I since then have had to have work done to my car several times most recently within the past 7 days. Our mechanic contacted asc and he was told that the warranty would not cover the work needed on the car. We then contacted asc and were told the same thing. The car is consuming large amounts of oil due to elastic failure of the piston rings which is allowing the motor oil to seep from the engine block into the combustion chambers. According to our copy of the warranty, failed piston rings are explicitly covered and no restrictions on type of failure are mentioned. However, the claims manager of asc has told us that piston rings are only covered if they are actually broken and that elastic failure is "normal wear & tear" and therefore not covered. Per the warranty, there is no written restriction regarding "normal wear" for internal engine components. My husband who has years in the auto parts / repair of cars, including but no limited to bmws, is quite familiar with the appearance of a worn piston ring vs a defective one. One distinct difference is evident in the cylinder bores themselves. If the piston rings were worn out, there would be corresponding wear in the engine block within the cylinders themselves. This is not the case for our car, the original bore "crosshatching" created when the engine was first assembled is still present and well defined, where as if the rings were subject to the amount of wear necessary to cause them to lose elasticity the bores would be worn smooth, and possibly even gouged; and furthermore, according to several technicians this degree of "normal" wear is more commonly found in cars with more than twice the accumulated mileage than our car has. One should therefore conclude that the failure of the piston rings is due to loss of elasticity is due to material defect and not normal wear. We rented a rental car based on their word that they would cover the repairs and reimburse us for the rental car. Needless to say, i am looking at a repair bill of over $5500 -
$ 8500 and 2 weeks of a rental car expense (At the minimum) .

• Sh
    shawnmav Sep 16, 2016

Correction for the previous post I submitted. I paid closer to $3000 for the coverage than $2000. So as I stated earlier, once I read some of these posts about there being a $3K cap, it really isn'the worth the investment.

• Sh
    shawnmav Sep 16, 2016

I bought a pickup at a dealership in Arkansas and opted for the Deluxe plan, which was the best i could get for this particular pickup. It has been a few months now since my purchase and my pickup has had no issues and i don't believe will as I have a long history and a lot of knowledge regarding the brand and model I own. What really puzzles me now that I have read several of these posts, mainly out of curiosity as I have never purchased an extended third party insurance coverage in the past. I call this insurance and not warranty due to the fact that ASC will basically cover completely failed components not components that may not work as designed such as something leaking bur still functional. Anyway my most startling revelation is the fact that the price I paid for the plan was ~$2000 and the max coverage is $3000. I was not aware of this from what I had read in the plan or was told by the salesman when I purchased the pickup so I will most likely just cancel and pocket what I get back and save for repairs down the road if needed.

• Ni
    nickg1979 Jun 14, 2016

Don't ever buy an ASC warranty!!! I have had my truck in for service twice and both times they tell me my issue is not covered on the warranty. This time I have an oil leak, but of course its not covered. SAVE YOU MONEY DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY!!!

• De
    Derek Benjamin May 25, 2016

Well, the jury is still out, but they might try to work with us on this one.. I will update soon.. if they help as they said they would, I will report. Let's see how this works out. Nontheless, stay FAR AWAY FROM McCOY Motors in Rock Hill, SC. I'd advise ASC to do the same. Stay tuned..

• De
    Derek Benjamin May 25, 2016

Yeah.. you'll love this one. Just purchased a 2011 Infiniti QX56 from MCCOY Motors in Rock Hill, SC. (AVOID THEM BTW), the warr. was the 'DELUXE' level, which includes covering AC Compressors, etc. Drove our truck off the lot.. 30miles later, FAILURE of the compressor. They said it was a pre-existing condition, and t hey refuse to cover it. I was told, "We aren't in the business of reconditiong vehicles." It's the most low-brow statement I've heard in quite a while. I've had brand new components fail before with no pre-existing conditions whatsoever. The thing is this, if it's under warranty, it's UNDER WARRANTY! DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU DRIVE IT 5 MILES OR 505 MILES... THINGS BREAK. It's a used vehicle. The whole thing is a pre-existing condition. We already paid cash to fix the bad catalytic converters on it.. $3500.. thanks McCoy Motors for ZERO help there, although we've been loyal customers. $68k spent in 3 vehicles over the course of 22mos. THIS SHADY WARRANTY COMPANY DOES SHADY DEALS WITH SHADY DEALERSHIPS. I've got something for them though... they both will be gone soon, believe me.

• Mi
    mitbreese May 04, 2016

I am getting ready to purchase a very nice used vehicle and was told by my sales guy about ASC, I'm glad I decided to do a little research first. It sure appears that they don't like standing behind their word.

madmama34 Dec 11, 2015

I have nothing good to say about this comp..I didn't have a problem with them till now, and I should of expected it. This company is a SCAM and needs to dealt with accordingly. I have proceeded to retain my attorney, contact BBB, and the media. "This will be a great story.", is exactly what my local news channel said. If you say you are a warranty company then stand behind what you say! As I told one of your reps, this thing named Terry Small has made the comp look bad, but you haven't seen what a pissed off mother of a 10 year old will do. I have to explain that there will be no Christmas at our home this year. How do you tell a child who believes in Santa that? Explain please!! It's not even the fact it's Christmas, we need a vehicle for work.
    Be prepared to be all over social media, and a website has already been started for others who have been denied services and treated like crap!

Christina McMorrow Ahnee Dec 02, 2015

We purchased a 2007 Ford Edge and added a warranty with ASC. Since owning our car, we have had to replace the master cylinder on the brakes, and the power steering pump. The company says you can take your vehicle to any certified mechanic of your choice, however, when we did, they did not want to pay for the repairs, stating the mechanic was overcharging for parts. The mechanic had to literally argue and fight to get them to pay for the repair.
    When the power steering pump went out, I called ASC because I wanted to avoid another argument like we went through the last time. Again I was told take the vehicle to a mechanic of your choice, Again, the mechanic had to argue and fight, along with my husband to get anything done. The adviser stated he could have gotten the steering pump for $76 at O' Reilly's auto parts. We called and were told $130 to walk out the door.
    This company does not have an accurate price list and you have to argue to get repairs paid for. I pay good money for this warranty and should not have to argue and fight to have necessary repairs taken care of.
    This warranty is not worth it at all . I am very disappointed that I spent good money to have to argue and fuss when I need a repair done.
    I will never purchase a warranty with this company again .

• Dw
    Dwillarng Nov 20, 2015

Really wish I would have came across this before I purchased the warranty. Bought an 08 Outback recently and purchased the warranty to go with it. Had a rod bearing go out and was basically told I was on my own. To my understanding, a warranty was supposed to cover something like this. Thought purchasing a warranty was supposed to help the consumer. Guess I was wrong. As I read these complaints, it seems as though this is a fairly common issue with this company. Even read through numerous complaints on the BBB website similar to these. So from what I understand, stuck with a $7700 car bill, $4600 engine swap, and possibly a $1400 warranty that likes to say. Normal wear and tear.

• Ti
    tinaec Nov 19, 2015

We bought a 2001 Ram 2500 and got the sales pitch that this warranty was a bumper to bumper coverage. Turns out we were sold a $3000 drivetrain only warranty. That is not the warranty company's fault - it is the dealership. However, within the first week the truck was all over the place while driving. It wouldn't stay in the lane. We took it to the mechanic and the ball joints were bad. The mechanic called the warranty company and they said pre-existing so no coverage. We got the ball joints repaired and it still wandered on the road. The steering gear box went out. Same thing - they decided it was pre-existing. Well - what happens if the tranny goes in the next 2 months? It too will be determined to be pre-existing and they won't pay for that either. EVERYTHING can be determined to be a preexisting condition when you buy a used vehicle. We've had the truck 45 days and I'm cancelling the warranty. I'm not willing to pay ASC for the privilege of having a piece of paper. I'll take that same amount we are paying and put it aside every month so if the worst happens - the money is there.

Plus - check the details of your warranty folks. They will demand to see receipts of oil changes every 3 months. What do you want to bet if you went 4 months between changes it will invalidate your warranty?

• Pa
    Pacas Nov 04, 2015

I cancelled my warranty with ASC on Sep 30/2015, They sent the refund check to the dealer on Oct 5/2015 but the check got lost, after more the one month I haven't receive nothing yet, The dealer contacted them on October to let them now that They never received the check, ASC told me that they can issue a replacement check after 30 day from the date from the first check was written, now they want the dealer contacted them again to confirm they have still not received the check, and ASC will need to send the dealer a stop payment form. I'm so frustrated with this company I never thougnt this cancellation has to be so complicated.

• La
    larry smith 1962 Oct 16, 2015

I have a bmw 745li 2005, I took it to euro tech in killeen tx to have work done, they call the warranty department, and was told that nothing was covered, I called my car dealer for help, they told me to call back, my warranty said Total Care, I can't believe nothing is covered. Please help me, my is lawrence smith and I can be reached at [protected]. Also my email is [email protected], I will be giving you a call also, my bill is $3300 so far and that is on engine leaks some electronics, I have had it for about three months, please help.

• Mo
    Monte Roberts Sep 18, 2015

I purchased a 2005 BMW X5 160 days ago, My rear wheel bearing on the drivers side needs to be replaced it is bad making noise.
    I have the deluxe coverage and come to find out they do not cover rear wheel bearings. If it was a front bearing they say they would cover it but rear bearings are not covered. They say the rear axle bearing is covered and even tough I have explained this vehicle has a CV joint axle the rear wheel bearing is part of the rear axle bearing they will not cover it.
    2 weeks ago I was told a gasket for the oil filter housing was not covered now the rear wheel bearing is not covered. This warranty is a RIP OFF> $2000 and they don't cover anything. Do not buy from them save the $2K and pay for your own repairs you will come out ahead.

• Ni
    Nicole Williamson Sep 11, 2015

I had posted on this forum a year or so ago shortly after I had purchased my 2008 Grand Caravan. I had a coolant leak and was having trouble getting my warranty to cover it. I understand their reasoning why they didn't cover it at first. They needed to make sure it wasn't a pre existing condition. I was able to convince them that it wasn't and they sent me a check for the portion of the bill that warranty covered. I was more than pleased with how quickly it was resolved. Last week I noticed a new coolant leak. I brought my van to my preferred shop to be looked at. Around noon I received a call with what was wrong and a price quote. I reminded them about my warranty and they said they would call me back. Within a half hour my shop called me back. ASC agreed to cover what was covered under my warranty. I have a sliding door that needs the track repaired that will cost about $400, ASC won't pay for that and I'm not mad. Know why? Because I know it isn't covered under there warranty. My radiator and coolant tank were replaced as well as an oil change and I walked out the door at right around $100 with out any issues from ASC honoring my warranty. I also understand what is covered under my warranty, that for big repairs they will use used parts, and my warranty is only good until they have paid out the amount that they value my vehicle at, and I have never expected them to cover anymore than the terms that I signed up for. I would purchase an ASC warranty again on a future vehicle purchase.

• Terry Small Sep 04, 2015

Ms. Owens,
    Thank You for taking the time to post your review. Rarely does that occur on a "complaint" website.

Jamiel Owens Sep 03, 2015

I am shocked with the reviews. I have had great experiences with ASC warranty. I have had them with two vehicles. My first vehicle 07 Honda accord I never had to file a claim but with my Infiniti m35 I have had quite a few claims and they have been great.

• Terry Small Jul 16, 2015

t1,
    Our number is [protected] or [protected]. I can also be reached at [email protected]

• T1
    t1wuwmke Jul 15, 2015

Why don't you give me your info instead and now I finally got contacted by asc warranty company they said that a new person had been dealing with my problem and now Jake is trying to figure it out. I am not giving information on the Internet

• Terry Small Jul 15, 2015

t1,
    I cannot assist you without a name and or agreement number.

• T1
    t1wuwmke Jul 14, 2015

I totally agree that ASC Warranty company is a fraud. I bought my truck in March with warranty and just a few weeks ago lost second gear. I took the truck to K.C Martin Trannsmission in Edmonds. They were great at dignosing my problem with the least cost to me but the warranty company said that a failure of a bolt inside the transmission is not covered under the warranty and therefor the complete repair bill was for me to pay. Also origanlly the warranty company said they would send 1 from a junk yard with who knows how many miles and no warranty. Then said they would only cover so much and by that time the repair shop was just about done dealing with warranty company. Even the owner of the repair shop said that the warranty company ASC should have covered most of the cost due to bolt failure and that I should get my money back that $1600 is not worth the ASC warranty. Now I have tried contacting ASC and left few messages never to get called back and when I get a real person am told same thing that the repairs are not covered theres nothing they can do to help me. So I am talking to the dealer and an attorney also spreading the word not to deal with ASC

• Terry Small May 21, 2015

Thanks Chevy2011 for the great information!
    Thanks RyanF150! If you purchase the vehicle and the service agreement, we look forward to serving you. Please call our office if you should have any questions prior to the sale or after the purchase.

• Ry
    RyanF150 Buyer May 19, 2015

I am considering purchasing a car from a dealer. And ASC is the provider of the extended warranty coverage(s). After reading a few complaints and a few compliments, I will take a neutral position before levying any negative feedback.

Certainly, I am concerned that some of the negative experiences disclosed here could possibly become my reality if by chance I am faced with a mitigating situation.

However, I will give all party's involved the opportunity to fairly review any claims made, and base any positive or negative feedback on the circumstance at hand (if it so arises). I do hope in all sincerity that ASC will foster and provide only positive experiences going forward with each and everyone of its customers.

With that said, stay tuned!

chevy2011 May 11, 2015

All of this is just your typical "google" something and you will find it. Everyone has bad reviews and that is what is posted. Very seldom do people review anything if they are satisfied. Extended (aftermarket) warranites would be the hardest business to own ever! Whe you purchase a used vehicle, you are normally purchasing someone elses problem. I read some of this complaints and they actually state "when driving home from the dealership" my car broke down and they are blaming ASC. I would turn right around and ask the dealership why this was not caught in the "used vehicle inspection" You can't sell a used car and have an extended warranty "recondiction" it for you...

• Terry Small Apr 02, 2015

Yankeebluegirl,
    We appreciate the feedback and will do our best to help educate the dealership's salespeople to avoid future misunderstandings.
    Thanks!

• Terry Small Apr 02, 2015

Thank you Sactomatoman for the post. A wealth of good information.

• Da
    David_CO Apr 02, 2015

I'm sorry for everyone's experience with ASC Warranty, I have had nothing but exceptional service and a great customer experience.

I have a 2008 Cadillac that we purchased two years ago, along with "Plan 4 - Factory Type coverage", at the time we were not sure if we should or should not buy it, but something told me that we should. And we are very happy we did. We have had the transmission go out, and replaced under the warranty with only out of pocket being the cost for diagnostics, and fluids. We then had a motor mount, and belt tensioner, sway bar bushings go bad, that was covered, and just this week a hug bearing assembly ware replaced - all covered minus diagnostics and fluids (if needed).

Again, I have been very happy with ASC.

• Ya
    Yankeebluegirl Apr 01, 2015

I bought a 2005 Cadillac CTS in Dec 2014. I also purchased this warranty on it. My salesmen at Whitewater Motor told me several times this warranty covers EVERYTHING! I questioned him repeatedly on this. Yes...EVERYTHING he said. Well he was not truthful at all. I had my water pump go out yesterday and well ASC did not cover EVERYTHING...however they did cover the water pump and the labor to fix it. I had to pay liquid and tax. I will say I was quite bent over the fact that I had to pay anything, but I don't hold ASC accountable for that, it's the shifty salesmen where I bought the car and warranty at not being forthcoming about exactly what it pays. I will say that they authorized payment for this quickly as I got my car back this afternoon. I had no issues dealing with the company, nor did my mechanic. I was told that it could be up to 24 hours before they pay the bill. I hope to have future success such as this if anything else breaks on my car. I did buy the DELUXE warranty and hope there is not a ma on what ASC pays out as I've seen many posts saying there is a cap on the dollar amount. I guess time will tell, but so far so good. Thanks ASC!

sactomatoman Mar 26, 2015

Consumers pay high repair bills because dishonest mechanics overcharge. You should at least have some knowledge of mechanical work before you go to any shop. Ask for an estimate and shop around. When purchasing a warranty read it so you know what coverage you have and what are the money limits. Don't think that because you didn't know or didn't care to read the declarations of your policy everything is covered. If you are lazy about reading and thinking then you are in for a nasty surprise and you are the only one to blame. Find a reputable shop that you trust and have your service done periodically, your last option should be the new car dealer, they charge the most, if you like to drink their coffee and seat on their nice couches and walk around brand new cars that you couldn't afford to begin with, then go there and get ripped off. I came here looking for reviews on ASC and I can see they try to do the right thing with their policy holders. People are lazy and just want to pass on the bill and think that a warranty company is the remedy for their lack of involvement in the care of their vehicles. When you buy a used car you must think that it will have issues, large or small. If you didn't want that then you buy new, but maybe you couldn't afford to buy new, or your credit is bad, for a good reason also, then you pay a much lesser amount for a vehicle that cost many times more when new. So you get issues. That is the beauty of buying used. Just my opinion

isuzu Mar 10, 2015

Wish the weather lady would show more cleavage.

isuzu Mar 10, 2015

Me a Fool. Look who bought the Warranty that doesn't pay off. LOL.

• Hi
    hiddenissues07 Mar 10, 2015

@LAME ISUZU...Regardless if people buy USED cars or not, if they PURCHASE a WARRANTY, then they expect the WARRANTY to pay for repairs. Way too many parts are not covered under this WARRANTY, but people only find out when their cars break down or experience issues. Sorry that you're so HIGH on your gutter horse that you're looking down on those of us who are complaining! That's the problem with America now, way too many people like YOU wanting us to be SILENT! Get a life!!! You are IRRELEVANT!!! I could care less how many JOBS this company provides, what I'm concerned about is haing my car fixed and not having to spend my hard earned MONEY out of pocket you FOOL!

isuzu Mar 10, 2015

Buy an Isuzu, you clowns buy that Euro junk just asking to spend a lot on repairs.

isuzu Mar 10, 2015

What a bunch of whiners. Auto Services Company works real hard to provide jobs for people listening about your whining. Do you realize what it cost to keep their pretty Hummer detailed and running ? How long do you people expect to keep worn out cars running any way ? America has turned into a country expecting a handout all the time. Buy a used car and you get the problems that come with it.

• Hi
    hiddenissues07 Mar 01, 2015

To the NEW people who have just filed complaints, it's unfortunate that you have to join so many of us in EXPOSING those LAME warranty. All I can say is talk to an attorney, file complaints with the BBB and Attorney General's Office. I sure hope a CLASS ACTION lawsuit comes out of all of this. The customer service at this company is horrible, and the so-called person responsible for trying to settle complaints is USELESS! Been there, done that! I wonder how many NEW complaints are going to be posted on this page for this year. I wonder how many other people had the same issues with their warranty, but never posted their complaints? I had to spend close to 700.00 in the past over this warranty. The person Terry Smalls LIED on this board, and sore up and down that they PAID for my car being fixed. Not only was HE a liar, but I had PROOF of his LIES! It's disgusting that someone that is SUPPOSE to be so PROFESSIONAL is in reality a JERK and a LIAR! They did NOTHING for me! Again, I suggest you all file a BBB complaint, seek advice form an attorney and contact the Attorney Generals Office. Make your complaints know so others that come and read this complaint board can see what other have said. Yes, there may be a FEW positive posts, but the BAD one out weigh the GOOD ones and that's not only SAD, but it's PATHETIC!!!

• Da
    david dawson 33 Mar 01, 2015

I bought a used 2000 Saab 9-5 aero from premeire auto Mart in Hamilton, Ohio and got this warrant with the vehicle to be safe. Two days after having the car with no sign of a pre exsisting condition AT ALL my lifters in my valve head went bad. Called asc to file a claim after paying to have a diagnostic performed and they flat out denied me saying it was a pre existing issue when IT WAS NOT. I would not buy a car making the horrible noise that my car I've had for two days is making. I'm very upset because it happened after I bought the car with no sign of it being a pre exsisting issue. All's the Claims department did was argue with me in an extremely rude fashion trying to tell me the car had to of already been doing that. IT WAS NOT DOING ANYTHING STRANGE TILL DAY TWO OF HAVING THE CAR. so that means it's an issue that JUST happened and should be honored by this company. I can't even drive the car. Now I'm filing with the bbb and attorney General if nothing is done for me by this company.

• Br
    Brandon k h Jan 07, 2015

ASC is the worst company on the planet. I recently purchased a warranty from this company for about 2300 dollars. I purchased a BMW 528i, I took my car to the nearest BMW dealership to have it worked on because it was jerking and stalling while driving. The dealership ran a diagnostics test and determined it to be a bad coil so they replaced it and I had to pay 115 dollars for a diagnostics fee plus other fees. Several weeks later my car started doing the same thing so I took it back to the same BMW dealer and once again they ran a diagnostics test and it was another bad coil so that was another 115 dollars for diagnostics fee plus other fees needless to say ten minutes after leaving the dealer my car started doing the same thing for the third time I took it right back to the dealership ten minutes later they ran another diagnostics test and guess what another bad coil and another 115 dollars for diagnostics and fees. ASC claims to have the same warranty as the manufacturer but it's not even close. BMW's warranty automatically changes all of your coils if one goes bad because the other ones will go bad., but ASC told me they would not change all of them and they don't pay for diagnostics fees. I'm not a genius but if you vehicle needs to be serviced doesn't the dealer have to run a diagnostics test to determine what's wrong or should they just guess until they change all the parts under your hood and the problem stops. If this is true why should I have to pay for diagnostics fees, BMW 's warranty covers them. In my opinion this is the worst investment I have ever put money into. ASC is the worst company and it has the worst warranty on this planet. If anyone is considering buying this warranty and your unsure I will send you a copy of my warranty and my service bills and show you how awful this company is just respond to my comment and send me your email address.They say it covers the same thing as the manufacture but that is BS . I am thinking about trading my car in because I'm scared that something will go wrong with my car and this bogus company won't pay for it. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST THING IVE EVER SPENT MONEY ON IF I WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY I COULDN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING WE ARE CHEATING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. THE DEALERSHIPS THAT OFFER THIS CRAP TO CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED. DONT TRUST ASC

• Ro
    Robert craft Dec 16, 2014

I recently bought a 2006 dodge ram 2500 cummins, had it three weeks had to take it to the shop to get the motor looked at. When the shop called to give asc the problem they said they would not fix it. I talked to them they said take it to another shop for another opion if it was the same result they still wasn't going to pay for it cuz it cost to much to replace the engine, i paid for this warranty so they should honor what they are selling

• Jc
    J. Chilovich Dec 01, 2014

also dont ever buy one because if you total the car when you have the warranty they take whatever they have paid out to you in repairs off of the total cost of the warranty. Such as we paid $1650 for 24 months/24000 mile warranty at the end of May, the car was totaled in October and it had 10000 miles from the 24000. We received on $71.65 not sure how they came to this number as we were never explained it though we were told that any repairs comes off of the amount and we did have $860 in repairs done but with that we had to fight tooth and nail to get as we were not told of a coverage that lapsed at 85000 and we bought the car at 88000 miles. They are such a bunch of liars and cheats. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM THEM EVER!!. We have requested a call to explain this but have never received anything!! Joe Chilovich [protected] warranty number B-[protected]

• Do
    Don Sherbo Dec 01, 2014

I have an F150 Ford pick up truck and bought the ASC DELUXE 4x4/All wheel drive "TOTAL CARE COVERAGE" warranty. I took my truck in to have the cruise control fixed and my driver side exhaust manifold replaced as it is leaking. ASC turned down the request an was told it was not covered in my "TOTAL CARE COVERAGE" plan. They did fix the cruise once befor but because the problem is in the shifter it is NOT COVERED under my "TOTAL CARE COVERAGE" plan. And the exhauste manifold ( which they fixed and replaced the other side) was also NOT covered under the "TOTAL CARE COVERAGE" plan. This is the first time I have ever bought and extened warranty and and last at least with ASC as I have had to fight with them tooth and nail to anything done and now that my cost have excedded my warranty cost they will do NOTHING! Theya are claiming that the first time they fixed the cruise and the exhaust was goodwill! This is my story and you can make your own judgment and decsion to buy this extented warrany.
    Don Sherbo/B-[protected]/608.215.8852

• Jc
    J. Chilovich Nov 21, 2014

Terry, please call and let us know how you come up with our refund! Joe Chilovich [protected] Warranty #B-[protected].